Confessions

Youth (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hey.” Chaeyeon takes a hold of Jiho’s wrist, stopping her from lifting her hand up “How many have you smoked already?” she furrowed her eyebrows at her friend, whose nose was bright red from being out in the cold for so long.

 

Jiho gives a small smile and breaks the hold “This only my third one Chaeyeon, it’s okay.” yeah but this was her third just this class break. Chaeyeon is starting to get a bit worried but knowing if she kept bringing this up to her friend, Jiho would end up pushing this topic away.

 

“Still, try not keep this habit.” Chaeyeon leans against the brick wall, stuffing her cold hands into her jacket.

 

“Just until this semester’s exams are over, I’ll cut back.” Jiho brings the stick to , taking a puff. Chaeyeon uses her jacket to wipe her runny nose and Jiho makes a comment “Yah Jung.” she wants to laugh “Don’t use your jacket. Go to your class, it’s too cold to be out.”

 

Chaeyeon nods her head “Okay, but try not to stay out so late either. We only have ten more minutes until class starts again.

 

She regrets even trying to meet up with her friend during their break because the walk back to the main hall was so far away (well they were trying not to get caught.) There was a group of boys she walked past and Chaeyeon knew she should have walked a different way the moment she set eyes on them.

 

“Jung Chaeyeon.”

 

She closes her eyes shut, cursing under her breath before turning around with a smile on her face. A boy walks closer to her with a shy smile on his face, his friends giving loud ‘oohhss’ as he stood in front of the girl.

 

“Ah, well you probably don’t know me that well…” Chaeyeon didn’t know him at all “..my name is Kim Doyoung.” he tries to give a more confident smile, his posture standing more straight “I actually like you, like a lot. Can I take you out on a date?”

 

It takes a lot to confess your feelings to someone and she’ll give him that. He was handsome but Chaeyeon didn’t know him and that’s what turned her off the most.

 

Chaeyeon grabs her hair to put it behind her ear “Doyoung-ssi, I appreciate your confession but to tell you truthfully I’m not looking to be in a relationship right now.”

 

His shoulder slump a little but nonetheless he gives her a smile as he rubbed the back of his neck “No problem but seriously...if you decide you do you can always call me.” he panics for a quick second “Or! Even if you don’t want a relationship with me, if you just need a friend I’ll be here!”

 

Doyoung seemed like a sweet boy and Chaeyeon clicks her tongue, it was a shame her first relationship ruined things for her. She gives him a polite nod and begins her walk to her class again.

 

Chaeyeon walks closer to the gym and she sees Heehyun with her gym bag. Chaeyeon opens to yell at her older friend but stops halfway once she sees boy grabbing her attention. She watches as Heehyun looks at the boy with a confused look on her face, pointing to herself.

 

The boy walks toward Heehyun and says something that makes her face turn bright pink, and oh boy was it a sight to see the older turn fluster like that. He pulls out a small flower and Chaeyeon couldn’t believe what she was witnessing.

 

Chaeyeon stands still, slightly open. Heehyun accepts the flower with a bow and even Chaeyeon could spot her red face a mile away. The boy looked tall and from what the younger could tell, the back of his head looked handsome?

 

The two end whatever moment they were having and Heehyun continues to walk inside the gym, her grip holding the flower tightly. Chaeyeon almost wants to laugh at the scene, how Heehyun reacted and that’s when she realized just how cold it was outside and her nose was still runny.

 


 

---


 

Nayoung was sitting in her desk chair, her fingers typing a text message to her friends ‘Byul-yi unnie looks down. We should pay her a visit.’ Almost immediately she receives texts from Heehyun and Chaeyeon saying they were on their way to Byul-yi’s home.

 

They meet up and enter her home, not forgetting to say their greetings to her parents. Nayoung was the one to open her door first, the other two following her and Byul-yi was sitting on the floor reading a comic book.

 

Byul-yi lifts her reading glasses and rubs her eyes “I didn’t know you guys were coming.” she puts down the book. “Well we saw that you didn’t go to the cafe today and decided to come play.” Heehyun says, making herself comfortable on Byul-yi’s chair. Chaeyeon sits beside the oldest and Nayoung is still standing with her arms crossed.

 

“Yeah.” Byul-yi’s face falls. The three look at each other, Heehyun nodding her head towards Nayoung’s direction, who shakes head and points with her finger to Chaeyeon who was avoiding eye contact ‘You’ Heehyun mouths to Nayoung, ‘No, you’ she mouths back.

 

Heehyun rolls her eyes but asks anyway “Byul-yi unnie, is there anything wrong? You seem down.”

 

Byul-yi opens but shuts it and shakes her head, she glares at Heehyun “No because you guys are going to make fun of me.” and gosh were they the worst when they find something new to tease about.

 

“We’re not going to make fun of you-.” Nayoung pauses mid sentence “Ok maybe Heehyun will but Chaeyeon and I won’t.”

 

Heehyun throws her hands up in her defense “Look I promise I won’t even laugh or anything, now will you please tell us what you’re moping around about?”

 

Byul-yi sits up straighter and rubs her face with her hands, a sigh leaving her lips “Do you guys think...I’m too immature? That I look too young?” The three friends look at each other, wondering just what brought upon this.

 

“Um I don’t know i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter