It's The Uniform

Youth (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“You think she’s going to like this?” Byul-yi asks as she rearranged the dishes on the table set in Nayoung’s bedroom.

 

“Well she’s going to have to deal with what we have anyway.” Heehyun lies on top of the girl’s bed not giving a care if the girl returning home was going to like any of the things prepared for her.

 

Chaeyeon sets out the silverware on the small table “I missed her.”

 

“It’s only been a couple of days.”

 

“I’d miss you too if you were gone for a couple of days too, Heehyun unnie.”

 

Heehyun wants to barf because it was just like Chaeyeon to be like this, she slams Nayoung’s pillow on her face wanting to go to sleep.

 

Nayoung walks into her room, obviously jet lagged but nonetheless still surprised at the sudden surprise party. “Nayoung unnie!” Chaeyeon was the first to greet the girl with a hug. “How was the plane ride?”

 

“We had a crying baby the whole ride home.” Nayoung drops her bag on the floor making herself comfortable on the floor, sitting in front of the table.

 

“Are you sure you weren’t the crying baby?” Heehyun throws the pillow away with a smirk.

 

Nayoung rubbed her temples “I swear I was going to be if I had to stay another hour in that plane.”

 

Byul-yi fixes Nayoung’s plate, making sure to put a lot of vegetables on it “I’m glad you made it home safely.”

 

Nayoung nods her head at this comment, a hum following “I’m glad to be back, I was getting home sick.” Chaeyeon hands her some chopsticks.

 

“How was it? China?” Heehyun rolls on her stomach. “It was…” Nayoung pauses “I had fun.”

 

“Unnie…” Chaeyeon waits for the girl to notice but Nayoung already knows what she’s going to ask “Your gift is in my suitcase, get it whenever.”

 

“Unnie is the best!.” Heehyun looks offended “Yah Jung Chaeyeon, didn’t I take you out to eat almost everyday this week?” she spent her- her mom’s hardworking cash to spoil the youngest.

 

Chaeyeon thinks to herself “Oh yeah that’s right…...Heehyun unnie is the best!” and Byul-yi throws her a look “And what am I?”

 

“You’re tied with Heehyun unnie for second.” after much bickering for Chaeyeon’s love they finally finish the food, all of them lying on the floor.

 

“So what did you do in Shanghai?” Byul-yi asked once again. Nayoung rubs her eye “We just went touring around to museums and stuff like that. But on the last day I toured around more cooler places, I had a lot of fun that day.”

 

Nayoung shows some of the pictures she had saved on her phone and this makes Heehyun want to go “After Chaeyeon graduates should we take a short trip to Shanghai, the food looks really good.”

 

They agree to go on a trip, well if they’re not too poor to go. Byul-yi rubs her stomach “I’m so full I don’t think I can take another bite-” Nayoung’s mom comes into the room with some cake “Never mind time for round three.”


 

---

 

“If you can’t study well, at least do well in sports.” and that’s how Heehyun found herself lined up with the rest of the basketball team. She was fed up with the “Nayoung is second is your class”, “Nayoung went to Shanghai for studying”, “Why can’t you study well like Nayoung?”, Nayoung this Nayoung that from her mom.

 

She regrets it the moment that they were on their sixth lap because oh boy was Heehyun out of shape. Don’t breathe out of your mouth, don’t do it, don’t do it….she does and it was both relieving and torture.

 

“Come on you can do it!” shut up Junghwa, you are not helping. Junghwa pats her shoulder and runs pass her throwing up a thumbs up. God Junghwa was such an annoying motivator.

 

“Ki! If you don’t run that pretty little head of yours faster then I’m going to regret letting you join so late!” her coach yells at her. First of all they hardly had any subs for the team, second of all their school’s basketball team lost almost every game so it wasn’t like this was life or death and last of all, Heehyun regrets joining too.

 

She huffs and puffs as they finished their last lap and Heehyun was literally weezing. “Not bad, Ki. Let’s take some shots and see what you can do.” Her coach walks toward her with a board in her hand, writing down Heehyun’s time.

 

Was it too late to quit now? “And stand up straight, if you need  to breathe better put your hands behind your head.” Heehyun does as she is told anyway and follows her teammates to grab a ball.

 

Heehyun doesn’t have any aim and- oh it went in. She hurries and grabs her ball, going at the end of the line again. Oh it went in again. Maybe Heehyun is good at something after all, running probably wasn’t it.

 

“Hey you did really great out there, I’m glad you joined the team.” Junghwa says as they walked back into the locker room. Heehyun hated to admit it but Junghwa really wasn’t that annoying at all, she was actually the only one who tried to help her out.

 

“I literally died out there.”

 

“Yeah but at least you get to be in a uniform.” and Junghwa wasn’t wrong, the uniforms for game day really was cool. Junghwa even throws her a rag to wipe her sweat.

 

Heehyun looks at her phone, a message from Byul-yi that they were at a cafe near the school. She wipes the sweat off her face, texting Byul-yi back that she was on her way. “Yeah I do look good in a uniform.” she turns and faces Junghwa, who took off her shirt.

 

She throws her shirt at Heehyun and then strikes a pose “But I look even better.”

 

Heehyun fake gags and throws the shirt back. Junghwa lets out a laugh continuing to change as Heehyun puts her sweats on. She takes off her gym shirt and puts a new one on. “Thanks.” she holds up the rag in the air, shaking it.

 

She leaves and walks out the door, holding her jacket closer to her body. It was so cold and the walk felt like forever. She finally reaches the cafe and Byul-yi waved her over. “You stink.” Nayoung says once Heehyun takes a seat.

 

She rolls her eyes “Well I’m obviously not going to take a shower because it’s too cold for my hair to be wet.”

 

“Right..” Nayoung moves her seat closer to Chaeyeon, her chair making a screeching noise along with it. “Come on unnie, it probably isn’t even that bad.” Chaeyeon takes a sniff, her body moving back into her seat immediately “Nevermind you were right.”

 

Heehyun pulls her collar and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter