#2.

make it right.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything was finally making sense to Eunbi. She finally understood why she woke up with Yewon beside her in bed. Why her hair was still at shoulder length. Why Dr. Kim’s number wasn’t in her contact list. Why she did not wake up with a hangover in the morning. She was given a second— no, third chance to make things right again. If she were to screw this one as well, she knew another chance like this would not be given to her. Yewon would hate her forever and Eunbi would be left to blame herself for the rest of her life for breaking her promise to always make the younger girl happy. She only needed to suppress her jealousy and everything will change, right? Eunbi hoped it would be that easy.

 

“Eunbi?”

 

“Just make sure to be back by midnight, alright?” her voice cracked somewhere in the middle, causing Yewon to look at her in worry again.

 

“Do you not want me to go for the dinner?” the latter asked.

 

Eunbi wanted to say yes, knowing that it would definitely change the future but she did not want to be selfish this time. Yewon deserved to go. Eunbi did not want to be seen as a controlling partner as much as she did not want to be seen as someone who wasn't able to control her jealousy. She wanted to let Yewon know she trusted her because that was what’s lacking the first time. Trust.

 

“Of course, you can go,” Eunbi answered firmly. “It's your company’s dinner after all. I’m sure it needs a mood maker like you to keep the event hyped up.”

 

Yewon rolled her eyes but Eunbi could see the subtle smile on the younger girl’s lips, making her smile cheekily.

 

“You look so ugly smiling like that right now with your puffy eyes,” the former teased before pulling away from Eunbi to make a dash to the bedroom.

 

“Yah, Kim Yewon!”

 

Eunbi wasn’t mad at Yewon for saying that. Instead, she was happy. She was happy that Yewon was by her side again. It still felt surreal to Eunbi that she was brought back to the past but she was thankful. Extremely thankful that she was given a chance she didn’t deserve. Eunbi was going to make things right this time and not let anything foil her plan.

 

--

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Yewon asked shyly, her cheeks coloured pink due to Eunbi’s intense stare.

 

The pair were in bed after washing up. Yewon had initially suggested to watch a movie to cheer Eunbi up after seeing her cry but Eunbi wanted to cuddle instead so here they were, tangled in each other’s limbs.

 

“No particular reason,” Eunbi simply replied. “I just want to admire my girlfriend’s beauty.”

 

Girlfriend.

 

Eunbi never thought she was able to say that word again. Seeing how Yewon was beet red, she giggled softly and leaned forward to press a light kiss on one side of her cheek.

 

“Are you not going to give me a kiss here too?” Yewon puckered her lips slightly and showed Eunbi her infamous puppy eyes.

 

Eunbi could never say no to those eyes. She could never say no to Yewon in general because she missed the girl too much. She was willing to do anything Yewon asked her. All she wanted to do was to shower her with all her love and show her that she really loved her a lot. That should would never hurt her and treat her like a princess.

 

“I can give you as many kisses as you want, Yewon,” Eunbi laughed lightly and guided her hand up to tuck a stray hair behind Yewon’s ear before leaning forward again to press her forehead gently against the latter’s. Resting the palm of her hand on Yewon’s cheek, she fluttered her eyelids close and eventually removed the small gap between her lips and Yewon’s.

 

A soft hum left as she felt Yewon pressing herself against her. Lightly caressing Yewon’s soft skin, she then slid her hand down to gently push the younger girl to lie on her back before getting on top of her without breaking the kiss. After six months of not being able to feel or touch Yewon and realising that this was a reality and not a dream or a hallucination, Eunbi wanted more from Yewon. She wanted to do more than just a kiss but she knew better than to force Yewon into something only she wanted to do. She respected the girl’s decision to wait until she was fully ready.

 

“Do you really miss me that much?” Yewon giggled softly once they both pulled away, needing air. Her arms were draped around Eunbi’s neck as she pressed a soft peck on Eunbi’s lips. “I can feel it from your kiss.”

 

“You have no idea,” Eunbi muttered loud enough for Yewon to hear as she examined the latter’s features. She felt that if she looked away, everything would just disappear into thin air.

 

“We see each other every day though,” Yewon stated, looking at the girl on top of her in amusement.

 

“The bad dream I had in the morning must have made me miss you more than usual although we see each other every day,” Eunbi lowered herself to bury her face on the crook of Yewon’s neck. She was afraid she might break down the second time. She didn’t want Yewon to see her crying again. “It’s scary, you know. The thought of not having you by my side forever.”

 

“You said you did something stupid that led us to breaking up. What was the something stupid that you did?” Yewon asked out of curiosity. “It's been bothering me the whole day.”

 

Eunbi wasn’t sure if she wanted to tell Yewon about it. She was afraid of her reaction. She was afraid that she would really break down if she were to tell Yewon her ‘dream’. Yewon was an understanding and patient person. Eunbi knew that very well. However, she was afraid that Yewon might start to be wary around her if she told her. The ‘dream’ did happen after all and Eunbi was afraid that it might happen again if she wasn’t being cautious of her own behaviour.

 

“It’s alright if you don’t want to tell me now. You can tell me whenever you’re ready.”

 

Eunbi felt guilty. Sometimes, she wondered why Yewon was always nice to her. Why Yewon chose her instead of Yuna who was clearly interested in her when the three of them used to be just friends. Yuna never once hid her feelings about Yewon unlike her, always denying her feelings for the same age girl. She wondered what was so special about her that Yewon fell for her. Eunbi saw herself as merely a boring human being. Well, she was talented in dancing but that was the only interesting thing she could say about herself. On the other hand, Yuna, her used-to-be closest friend, was like a complete package. She was even the school’s pride. Eunbi could never surpass her even if she tried her hardest.

 

“Why me?” Eunbi didn’t dare to look up to see Yewon’s expression. This was the first time since they first starting dating that Eunbi was asking Yewon this question. She never asked her on other times because Yewon would always reassure her even if she didn’t say it out loud. Eunbi hated how Yewon was able to read her easily sometimes. “Why me and not Yuna?”

 

“I’m guessing your dream had something to do with her?”

 

Eunbi only nodded. It was partly the truth anyway.

 

“I chose you because you’re you, Eunbi.” Eunbi relaxed as Yewon threaded her fingers through her locks while speaking. “Yeah, Yuna might be perfect and all but my heart chose you. You may not be able to express yourself well but I can always feel it through your actions. I don’t think you know it yourself but you’re such a huge softie on the inside. You can be cheesy at times too when you want to. And when you dance on stage, oh my god, I wish I was the only one seeing it because I don’t like the way others ogle at you. You’re mine, Eunbi. And believe it or not, I’ve always been yours even when we’re still not official yet. Yuna’s just a friend to me. You, Hwang Eunbi, are more than that. You’re my best friend, soulmate and girlfriend.”

 

Eunbi felt even guiltier after hearing Yewon’s speech. She felt guilty for accusing Yewon of something the latter would never do. She felt guilty for letting her ugly side show although she knew well enough that Yewon loved her just the same if not more. She hated herself for being insecure.

 

“I’m sorry that I’m not able to express myself well,” she apologised. She didn’t know why but she just felt the need to.

 

“There's nothing you should be sorry for, silly,” Yewon held onto Eunbi tightly and smiled when the latter pressed a kiss on her nape. “Let's go to sleep now since you have work tomorrow. I don't want to deal with a whiny Eunbi first thing when I wake up.”

 

Usually, Eunbi would argue about her being whiny but this time, she decided to let it slide. She was happy that things were just like before they broke up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter