Nothing Last Forever

Jeongcheol Song Fic Challenge

Song : Girl's Day " Nothing Last Forever "

Link to song

 

He had seen it coming, in fact from the very first time he knew it would lead to this.

 

"I'm busy." The other had said.

 

"I need to help jihoon with his work." Three days later

 

"The number you dialed is not answering" five minutes ago.

 

He knew but he couldn't help it.

 

"I don't do relationships." The long haired boy had said when he made him toast and coffee the morning after their drunken night.

 

Yet he was there again a week later, mouthful of scrambled eggs as he laughed at how Seungcheol tried to flip his pancakes.

 

They bumped in a coffee shop, in the library, in another party.

 

Jeonghan took his hand and played with his fingers one night, this time they weren't drunk. "You like me, don't you?"

 

There wasn't a defining status. buddies maybe? But buddies don't go on dates.

 

He caught the younger boy staring at him one morning, and Jeonghan merely smiles before placing a chaste innocent kiss on is lips.

 

Seungcheol should have known that good things don't last, and Jeonghan had never been in his grasp, Jeonghan would never be in his embrace. He will be a college memory, just that.

 

Chuckling, he chucked down the beer and leans back, watching the crowds drunk dancing before him. Hoshi and jihoon had earlier on left him to himself going to god knows where doing god knows what.

 

"Isn't it lonely getting wasted alone?"

 

He turned, a blonde male with an innocent smile of a freshman sits beside him on the couch.

 

"He is with me."

 

Blinking, Seungcheol turned to his left and blinks again. The next thing he knew, he ws pulled up and out of the club.

 

It was the usual routine, they would kiss, clothes scattering on the floor till they reach whatever place they settled on. This time, it was the living room couch and Seungcheol could hear Joshua's rant on propriety ringing in the back of his mind already.

 

"I don't do relationships." Jeonghan told him the next morning. "But I can't do without you."