Episode Five

The Sly Performing Arts Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Note: i haven't edited this. so yeah, forgive me.]

Episode Five

Wendy Son

 

The constant drumming of the raindrops calms my heart.

A small smile on my lips, I was just absentmindedly staring at the slight drizzle outside the shelter of the bus stop. It was a bit chilly but I didn’t mind. The rain is calming and nice… and all I ever wanted to feel was to be with her.

A small grin spreads on my face, thinking back about little recollections of Irene. Albeit ambiguous, but my relationship with Irene was the most comfortable relationship I’ve ever had with another person. Despite the fact that it’ll be the hardest one to maintain too.

Should I start drawing the lines or let it disappear altogether?

I still don’t know, to be honest.

“Wendy!”

The shout caught my attention. There were barely any people around. I looked at the silent streets with only a couple of cars passing by. Who would that be?

My question was answered as someone embraced me from behind.

It caught me in a surprise. And after a second, I melted in it.

It was only the rarest of times when we got in physical contact. Despite our weird set up, there was this imaginary line we barely cross. Skinship.

We rarely hold hands. Hugs were the rarest.

I haven’t even kissed her.

And when we do get to touch each other, Irene turn into a deep shade of red and I’ll slowly pull away in cowardice and shyness.

We were still not comfortable like that.

 

But she hugged me this time.

She was the one who initiated it. And I never thought that such embrace would melt me like into a puddle in the street.

This woman… really got me wrapped around her finger.

“Wendy-yah!” Her sweet voice cooed in my ear. Her breath tracing my nape, almost got my senses tingling.

“I-Irene-unnie…” I stuttered. Gosh, why did I stutter?! Wendy Son, wake up your senses! Please!

She giggled and slowly pulled away, sitting down on the bench in the shed. She tapped the space next to her, and I sat down next to her.

A little space was between us but she got rid of it as she inched closer to me.

“Wendyyyyy~”

“Wow, someone’s clingy today.” I mumble, a slight chuckle escaped my lips.

Yeah that’s right. Pretend that you’re not squealing inside, Wendy Son. It’s not cool to act like a giddy high schooler next to your crush, alright?

“Why? You don’t like it?” Irene pushed me away with narrow eyes. “Or is it because you only want Park Sooyoung-ssi to cling to you like this? You like her, don’t you?”

“Wha—I’m Joy’s fan! Since we were kids! So we’re close, like this!”

I clasped my hands together closely.

“So you do like her???”

“What—NO!” I retorted, immediately showing a sweet smile while clinging my hand on her arm. “I only like my girlfriend~”

She rolled her eyes and pushed me away, a small frown on her lips. I couldn’t help but inwardly chuckle at the sight. It was adorable.

Sometimes I wish I didn’t set our relationship only on rainy days. It would be nice to see this side of Irene whether the sun’s out or not. It would be nice to call her mine whether the rain is falling or not.

If only I had the same courage when I asked her out two years ago, would things change for the better now?

“Irene unnieeeee, look at me please?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter