Episode Three

The Sly Performing Arts Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Three

Irene Bae

 

“Sooooooooooooooooooooo… you regret asking me out now, best friend?” Seulgi, my best friend, laughed mockingly at me as she jumped to my couch. “Ouch, I’m hurt!” The night sky outside was calm. Stars are brightly sparkling, not even a hint of clouds to cover them up.

“Sseul…” I pouted. “Why did you say yes?”

“WOW! Now is it my fault?” My bear best friend just rolled her eyes and plopped in my apartment’s couch and yawned. “Wake me up after your self-pity. Good night. Ta-ta~”

“Yah, you bear!!!” I screamed, planning to hit her with a pillow when (with eyes still closed) she grabbed my arm and pulled me down so I was lying above her. Our noses were almost touching while her other arm found its way on my waist, holding me in place. I would’ve blushed the moment her eyes opened, our proximity would’ve gotten to me when I can feel her breath.

And yet, it didn’t feel awkward. She’s my best friend, after all.

“You worry too much. Let loose even for a bit, Joohyun unnie. I mean, think about it! It’s better if you won’t got as her date.” She playfully roll her eyes. “I’m pretty sure you’ll just make fun of yourself in front of her, Irene unnie~”

“Shut up.” I mumbled, melting in her embrace as thoughts of Wendy runs to my mind. What would it feel like dating her for real? Would it feel nice having her hold me like this? What would it feel like?

“You seem like you’ve gotten too deep. You need to constantly remind yourself, Irene-ah…” Seulgi sat up and I sat beside her. We both released a sigh in the air. I know it well, what she means.

“If you don’t plan in sorting your feelings, nor does she has any plans of getting serious with you, it’s better to stop. You’re only gonna hurt yourself in the end.” 

I know that.

“Unless you two are really just planning to fool around then I won’t stop you. I just want you to be happy, Irene…” She flashed a smile at me and pinched my cheeks. “Now, show me that smile as well, Baechu~”

“Don’t call me that!” I pout. Seulgi just laughed her off and carefully placed her head on my lap. Just as quickly, I hear her light snores that made me laugh. She can fall asleep so easily. If only I can shut the whole world around with only closing my eyes like how she does… If only.

The still night, not even a hint of sound of raindrops… slowly I succumb to another worthless night.

 

Dull walls and certain recreation books on a shelf. It was still too early in the morning, just a few hours since the sun rose up. The all too familiar room starts to make me feel sick. I never liked being in the place. It reminds me of the memories

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter