Chapter 2

Bully’s sweetest torture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following morning, Umji walked into her school with the upmost confidence and bounce in her stride. 

 

 

 

 

 

She decided to wear a flowing black skirt that stopped just barely above her knees and a champagne pink blouse. 

 

 

 

 

As she made her way over to her locker, she kept a look out for Yuju but the black haired girl never made an appearance. It was odd but Umji did not give it a second thought. 

 

 

 

 

 

Then when lunchtime rolled around and Yuju was still a no show, Umji knew something was up.  And Yuju's absence continued the next day and the next day after that.  

 

 

 

 

 

Umji concluded that one of two things was happening. One, Yuju was deathly ill and could not come to school or two, Yuju was avoiding Umji like the plague. 

 

 

 

 

Umji went for the second conclusion and was not happy about that.  So, Yuju was able to bully her for two years straight and now she was the one who got to hide from her problems? Umji refused to let that fly. 

 

 

 

 

 

During her Student Aide period, working in the school office, the brunette went through the student files in the computer and looked up Yuju's address. 

 

 

 

 

A small smile played on her lips as she knew Yuju would never expect this. She took the liberty to check Yuju's attendance for the week. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The first day was marked as a sick day, but the last two days were marked as absent, which means Yuju more than likely ditched.  After school Umji went to each of Yuju's classes and claimed that the green eyed girl asked for her to pick up any make up work she may need.

 

 

 

 

 

 This way Umji would have an excuse for showing up at Yuju's home. Umji then attended the first Student Council meeting of the year and there was a lot to go over. By the time she was out it was nearly 4pm.  

 

 

 

 

 

Now, to put her plan into action. Umji had her driver take her to Yuju's address. The drive took about fifteen minutes until they reached the neighborhood. 

 

 

 

 

Umji could not deny that it was fairly nice. Suburban with an edge. She noticed a few kids in their front yards playing basketball or tag. Middle class families who were utterly content with their lives. 

 

 

 

 

The driver came to a stop in front of a welcoming two story home with a well-cared for front lawn. It was nice and actually looked normal. Not the place she expected her bully to live.  

 

 

 

 

Umji walked up the small stoop and took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell.  

 

 

 

"I'll get it!" She heard a voice yell. Sounded like Yuju.  When the door opened, she saw that it was indeed Yuju and she watched in delight as the color drained from the black haired seniors face upon seeing her.  

 

 

 

 

 

Umji smiled sweetly at Yuju who now stood frozen to the spot. Her electrifying green eyes widened in shock and panic. 

 

 

 

 

 

 "Hello, Yuju," Umji softly greeted.  Yuju attempted to speak but no words would formulate from . Umji chuckled lightly in amusement. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you okay?" She asked in mock concern.  Yuju finally got her brain to function and she snapped out of her stupor. "Wha..." Lauren quickly glanced back into her house. "What are you doing here?" she demanded, closing the door a little further so Umji could not be seen.  Umji gave an innocent shrug. 

 

 

 

 

"Well, I haven't seen you around school all week. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."  Yuju looked at her as if she had grown a third head, but Umji was not discouraged.  

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh, and I brought your make up work for you," she continued, holding up a few papers. 

 

 

 

 

 "Yuju, who's at the door?" the voice of an older woman asked from somewhere inside the house. 

 

 

 

 

 "Nobody Mom!" Yuju hollered back. 

 

 

 

 

 

 "You're not going to introduce me?"  Yuju turned back to Umji with a scowl. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You need to leave," Yuju warned.  

 

 

 

 

"Why should I?" Umji taunted. 

 

 

 

 

 "Because you-"  

 

 

 

 

"Yuju, who are you talking to?"  The older girl was suddenly cut off by her mother, who pulled the door open further. "Oh, hello. Are you one of Yuju's friends?"  Umji caught the look of apprehension on Yuju's face and smiled before shifting her gaze to the older woman.  

 

 

 

 

"Yes. I just stopped by to drop off some make up work from school. I'm Umji." 

 

 

 

 

 "You're Umji?" Mrs. Choi chimed with excitement. 

 

 

 

 

 "Mom..." Yuju muttered, running a nervous hand through her silky locks.  

 

 

 

"You've heard of me?" Umji questioned with astonishment on her face.  

 

 

 

 

 

"Have I? Yuju mentions you all the time. Umji is so smart, Umji is so pretty..."  

 

 

 

 

 

"Mom!" Yuju barked, trying to stop her impending blush.  Umji bit her bottom lip, trying to withhold her amusement. But at the same time she was flattered and confused at the same time.  

 

 

 

 

"Well, it's true," Mrs. Choi shot back. "And where are your manners, Yuju? Invite the girl inside for God's sake. Come in, Umji."  Yuju sighed heavily and moved aside along with her mother, allowing Umji to come in.  

 

 

 

 

"Thank you."  As soon as Umji stepped inside her nose was assaulted by the most delicious smells of Wonderful dishes that made her empty stomach growl. 

 

 

 

 

 

She glanced around briefly and was surprised by how warm and welcoming the home was. She turned back towards Yuju and Mrs. Choi. 

 

 

 

 

 

 "At least I finally get to meet the mysterious Umji," Mrs. Choi continued. "For a while I thought you didn't exist. I always wondered why Yuju never brought you over."  

 

 

 

 

 

Umji tossed a look Yuju's way and the dark haired girl looked as though she wanted to crawl into a dark hole and disappear from the world. 

 

 

 

 

 

Umji was enjoying how uncomfortable Yuju was becoming. 

 

 

 

 

"Well, I have a few after school clubs and activities. It tends to take away from my social time."  

 

 

 

 

 

"That's a shame. But it's great that you're involved with your school. I've always tried to get Yuju to do that kind of stuff but she's stubborn as a mule."  

 

 

 

 

"I'm right here, Mom."  Mrs. Choi waved her off. "So, Umji. If you're not doing anything, would you like to join us for dinner?"  

 

 

 

 

"Well-" 

 

 

 

 

 

 "No!" Yuju interjected.  

 

 

 

 

Umji and Mrs. Choi looked at Yuju. Umji with amusement and Mrs. Choi with disapproval. Yuju looked between the two and realized how abrupt she sounded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 "I mean, she can't. You have other things to do tonight right, Umji?" Yuju gave the brunette a pleading look.  

 

 

 

 

 

"Actually, no. I'm completely free. I would love to join you for dinner."  

 

 

 

 

 

"Great!" Mrs. Choi squealed. She moved in, surprising Umji with an unexpected hug while Yuju rolled her eyes and cursed the higher power that put her in this position. Mrs. Choi stepped out of the embrace and smiled down at Umji.

 

 

 

 

 

 "I was just about to serve dinner." She turned to Yuju. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yuju, it's your turn to set the table."  

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes, Mom," Yuju relented. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter