Chapter 4

Bully’s sweetest torture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Umji and Yuju sat in Choi's den with the television on, waiting for Mrs. Choi to return with an icepack for Yuju. Umji silently observed Yuju. The teen was slouching back against the couch cushions, pointing the remote at the television, clicking away. Umji looked towards the TV and noticed that each channel was only up for a millisecond.

 

"Do you ordinarily take this long to select a program?' Umji asked. 

 

"Yep. It's called channel surfing."

 

Umji watched in growing agitation as Yuju continued to fly through each channel. "You're clicking through the channels way too fast. how can you even tell what you're seeing?" 

 

"Hey, how about you now worry about it?"

 

"How about you pick a station?" Umji retorted.

 

Yuju was about to say something back, but her mother walked in. "Here you go, baby." she said, handing Yuju the icepack.

 

Umji smiled at amusement at the term of endearment. Yuju looked at her way and Umji mouthed 'baby' im a teasing matter. Yuju rolled her eyes. "Thanks Mom." 

 

"What exactly happened out there?" Mrs. Choi asked. 

 

"Nothing mom, it's no big deal." Yuju winced as she place the ice on her nose. 

 

Mrs. Choi looked at the other girl for an answer. "Umji?" 

 

Umji glanced at Yuju and then back at Mrs.Choi. "Oh, uhm.... I'm afraid Yuju was hit on the face by a football. It caused a minor fracture but I popped her nose back to place, no problem." 

 

"What?!" Mrs. Choi shrieked worriedly.

 

Yuju grimaced at Umji. "Thanks for the explanation, doc." she growled lowly.

 

Umji smiled and nodded her head.

 

Mrs. Choi was now rubbing Yuju's back in a comforting matter. "Relax Mom, I'm okay." Yuju mumbled behind the icepack.

 

"I still don't understand why you play so roughly with the boys. You should spend more time with girls, like Umji. She will be a good influence in you." 

 

"Oh, god." Yuju groaned. 

 

''Then maybe you won't get into any more fights or get suspended." Mrs. Choi continued. "Umji's a good girl. I can tell." 

 

Umji grinned. She knew that this was killing Yuju. "Thank you Mrs. Choi.''

 

Mrs. Choi refrained from rubbing her daughter's back and stepped back. "Yuju you keep ice on that. i'll fix you some lunch. Umji would you like anything?"

 

"Oh, no thank you."

 

"Okay." Mrs. Choi replied with a smile, before walking out of the room.

 

"Humph.Your mother think i'm a good influence on you." Umji noted.

 

"Bite me."

 

"Bite you?'' Umji repeated with confusion. 

 

"Ugh, nevermind." Yuju grumbled.

 

"Now Yuju, I don't think that's how friends speak to one another." 

 

Yuju removed the icepack from her face and looked at Umji, frowning curiously. "I thought you have plans today?"

 

Umji's cheeky demeanor faded slightly, as did the smile on her smile. She lowered her eyes for a moment as thoughts of her mother cancelling their plans to came to mind. "I..I did but, my plan were suddenly changed."

 

She hesitantly met Yuju's eyes and the latter seemed to be studying her. Yuju's face appeared to express a bit of regret. As though she had realized she may have miss-stepped in asking Umji about her plans. 

 

"Oh" Yuju simply replied, with no hint of sarcasm. She placed the ice back on her nose.

 

Umji pushed aside her gloomy thoughts and perked up a bit, trying to change the mood. "So, when I became free for the day, I remembered Yuno had invited me to watch this so called football game."

"So called?" Yuju raised an eyebrow. "You don't like football?"

"I've never cared to follow it before, so I wouldn't know if I liked it or not."

"You've never watched a game?"

"No. All I know is pigskin is being thrown or kicked around, but I don't quite understand the tackling."


Yuju laughed heartily but her smile soon turned into an incredulous look. Umji had a perplexed expression on her face, not understanding Yuju's reaction. "You don't understand it..." she deadpanned. Umji shook her head thoughtfully. "Wow, okay. If you're gonna be hangin' around me, you gotta know football. Hell, you gotta know sports."

Umji felt out of the loop for not knowing the game so she decided to use her best weapon against Yuju in order to gain the advantage. "Well..." Umji said, leaning back against the cushions more comfortably. "Then I guess you'll have to teach me." Umji lifted her leg and crossed it over the other, causing her dress hike up slightly. More creamy skin clearly became visible and Yuju's eyes automatically zeroed in, but then quickly averted. "Will you teach me, Yuju?" Umji  not so innocently purred.

"Uh, um." Yuju cleared and shifted her body in her seat. "I... I guess."


Umji smirked as she noticed Yuju was having trouble keeping her eyes of her legs. "Good. Friends teach each other things all the time. Right?"

"Yeah... sure." A blush was forming on Yuju's cheeks.

Umji grinned at the flustered porcelain skined girl as Mrs. Choi walked back into the den holding two plates.

"Here you go girls."

"Thank God..." Yuju mumbled, tossing the icepack aside and accepting her plate.


"Umji, I know you said you didn't want anything but I made an extra snack for you anyway."

"Oh, okay. Thank you," Umji replied, taking the saucer.

"Thanks, Mom," Yuju said. She grabbed the hot dog with the works off her plate and immediately dug in.

Umji crinkled her nose as she watched Yuju heartily devour her food. The older girl was eating as though she had been starved for weeks. Umji then turned her attention to the plate in her hands. It was one sandwich cut into four triangle pieces. Umji could not decipher what was between the bread however. She picked up one of the pieces with wonder and examined it carefully.


"What are you doing?"


Umji turned to Yuju and saw the girl with chocolate like orbs looking at her strangely. "I'm not... what exactly is this white substance?"

"It's fluff," Yuju answered. Umji was still clueless. "It's marshmallow. And the brown stuff is peanut butter."

"I knew that, Yuju. Thank you." Umji replied. She continued to scrutinize the snack. "You eat this for lunch? That can't be healthy."

"That's because it's dessert." Yuju took another bite of her hot dog and looked at Umji with a hint of amusement. "You gonna try it?" Umji looked at Yuju, unsure. "Or is it too unhealthy for you?"


The brunette defiantly lifted her chin. She wasn't about to let Yuju one up her. Umji blew out a slight breath in preparation and then took an experimental bite of the food. Her eyebrows shot up as her taste buds perked and jumped for joy in . "Mmm! This is really good."

Yuju let out a chuckle and shook her head.

"Oh, my. Why have I never had this?"

"Probably because the rich and sophisticated don't lower themselves to such things as fluff," Yuju replied with an heir of mockery.

Umji ignored Yuju's comment and finished the delicious piece of sweetness. Yuju would often use comments such as those when she would bully her. "You know what, Yuju? I have an idea."


"What is it, your highness?" She asked, popping the final p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter