Dream

Truly stranger things

Minuets passed. People left. And hoseok never came back. " come on Jin. We're going back..." Namjoon groaned as he led Jin down the sidewalk, muttering under his breath. " hoseok will be back soon, though. Why are we leaving?" Namjoon looked into jins chocolate brown eyes. " fine... 5 more minuets..." Jin smiled as they walked back to the bench. As soon as the pair sat down, Namjoon looked down at the boy. " so cute..." he whispered to himself. " yeah, I know." Jin whispered back. " no! I didn't- nevermind..." Namjoon shifted a tiny bit further away. Jin moved closer. Namjoon accepted his defeat and stayed put. " hey Namjoon! I'm back!" hoseok ran out of his car and threw his wallet to him. " what took you so long? We were about to go back Afew seconds ago..." Namjoon smiled at Jin and mouthed a " thank you". Hoseok sighed. " let's go in, shall we?" 

 

Jin looked around the Mall. Completely dazed. " first time at a shopping center huh Jin?" hoseok laughed as he led them around a corner. It was flowing with people, but Jin started to get more and more used to it. " so... Food first?" Namjoon suggested, looking at Jin for answers " sure..." he smiled. The trio went into the closest Place theat sold food possible. And it just so happened to be a Korean BBQ. Namjoon ( just being polite) got the others a table? " so hoseok,when did you and Namjoon meet?" Jin asked hoseok as he started their small talk? " when we were In middle school we became quick friends. And when we Thought  we were going to different highschools, I guess we really weren't and I saw him on the first day. The end." Jin giggled. " uhh... What'd you wanna order Jin?" Namjoon asked as he sat down. " I-I dunno..." namjoon got one of the menus and handed it to him. " pork or beef?" hoseok asked. " pork." " What?" Jin said as he averted his eyes to look at hoseok. " do you want pork or beef? We cook it here." hoseok answered pointing to the grill. " Namjoon nudged Jin making him giggle again. " beef..." he smiled.

 

The trio stayed at the restaurant way longer than they should of. Because by the time they left, they were basically pushed out by the store owner. " gee, harsh much..." hoseok muttered as they paced to his car. 

Namjoon and Jin clambered in the back as hoseok started the car. Jin started laughing out of no where, making the others stare at him. " that was so fun! And when the waitress t-told us to leave and hoseok s-said it! Ah, let's do that again..." Jin clasped onto namjoons arm as they drove back. " we will do it again Jin. But we probably shouldn't in that restaurant, am right?" hoseok said from the front seat. 

 

It was a pretty normal ride home. Hoseok an Namjoon sang along to exids " DDD" and Jin slept through the whole ruckus. And when thy got back, they tried to look normal as they carried Jin back into the apartment. " Jin? You awake?" Namjoon asked the sleeping boy. Jin stirred a bit before nodding. " you wanna go to bed?" Namjoon asked the raven. Jin nodded sluggishly again. Namjoon gently sat him down on his mattress and quietly shut the closet door before going to bed himself. 

Later that night, at exactly 11:30 Namjoon heard a knocking coming from the closet. " Jin?" Namjoon said getting up to investigate. " Namjoon?" the voice replied. Only it wasn't Jin. But the voice was familier. The closet doors turned black and disappeared into the shadows. It revealed a girl. His sister. " kyungmin!" Namjoon ran towards her. " joonie. I'm so sorry..." then, just like the door, she disappeared into the shadows. Leaving a note behind. He eagerly picked up the note and read, but all it said was Kim seokjin. " Jin?" he whispered. The letter tore itself into shreds before he could say anything else. Then, everything went black before it lit up, reaviling a grave yard, and his family. Including him. " today we don't celebrate death. We celebrate life." Namjoon knew what was happening. He knew what scene in his life this was. " kyungmin..." he whispered. He walked over to everyone and looked at his younger self. " Namjoon?" he whispered to himself. No answer. 

When everyone left the cemetery. He watched himself break down crying by the grave and holding on to the beautiful grave stone. " kyungminnie..." he heard himself whisper. " you'll be ok Namjoon..." he whispered to his younger self and putting his hand on his shoulder. " kyungmin?" the younger gasped looking directly at Namjoon. Namjoon sighed. " I wish, little guy..." then everything disappeared again. " sorry, joon..." Namjoon heard as a transparent figure sat down by him. " kyungmin?"'Namjoon whispered, reaching out for her. She nodded and pointed to the underside of his wrist where his shirt was covering. Then she just stood up and waved before being consumed by the darkness. Namjoon looked at his wrist and unrolled his sleves. A tattoo? Yes, a tattoo. On the underside of his arm lay a bird tattoo, no color. Out of nowhere, color seeped out of his vains as it consumed his arm. He winced At the sting being set up his arm at the same time. The pain was enough to make him collapse on the floor. Wings were beating in the background as Namjoon slowly lost all vision...

 

Namjoon woke up covered in sweat and a pain in his arm. " Namjoon? Are you awake yet?" Jin came out of the closet and sat on his bed beside him. " yeah... J-just fine" Namjoon said rubbing his arm out of pain. " what happened?" Jin rested his hand on Namjoon arm. " nothing just... Mo-morning pain..." Jin sighed and hugged him. " what's that for?" Namjoon asked, surprised.  " for being there for me... For saving me... I will never stop being grateful, Namjoon..." Jin pulled Namjoon up. " what'd you want for breakfast?" Namjoon asked when they arrived in the kitchen? " you're not cooking Namjoon. Your arm hurts, right?" " well... Yeah it does..." Namjoon mumbled. " cool! I'm cooking! Where are the eggs?" Jin asked. " in the freezer. And technically, that's not cooking..." Jin laughed. " if it involves fire, it's cooking." Jin beamed. " please don't set my house on fire." Namjoon said in the most dead tone possible. Jin laughed. Really really loud. It  sounded like the boy was doing a great job wiping the windows. This laugh made Namjoon laugh too. Until the whole kitchen was laughing. I mean, Namjoon and Jin were laughing in the kitchen. And it was loud? I don't know how to describe it. " what the are you two laughing about?" hoseok poked his head in from the room across the kitchen. " hoseok. I'm setting your house on fire." Even though it was a joke, hoseok didn't take it too well.

 

" hey Namjoon." Jin said as he washed up. " yeah?" Namjoon replied. " about before... When you said your arm hurt. After that you seemed a bit... Sad..." Namjoon rubbed the nape of his neck. " ugh... Last night... Nevermind, it's stupid" Namjoon stopped midway. " no! What ever it is, I'll understand...." Namjoon looked up. " I promise, Namjoon." Namjoon sighed and took a deep breath, ready to tell his story. "

" when I was dreaming last night. My sister was there. She was in the closet, crying. At least I think so anyway... Then she just apologized and disappeared into thin air..."

It took about 7 minuets to explain the story in perfect detail to jin. And at the very end, he still was confused.

" wings... Beating? I don't get it." Jin blurted out. " was lt like a bird? Or a... A bird?" jin added. " can't of been. It was like, slow beating. Almost like a... Well... I dunno. It sounded like wings but it wasn't on a bird..." Jin moved closer to Namjoon. " and your sister? What happened?" Namjoon moved his eyes his feet. " when I was 13 she was... She found out she had stage 4 cancer. She spent so long in the hospital, me with her the whole time. I was even allowed to skip school..." Namjoon stopped and smiled. Just faintly. " but... One day on the first day of spring, our family was on our way there. I remember all of us singing and smiling because they said that they might just be able to help her. Even though it was a small chance, we were going to take it. But... When we happily opened the doors. She wasn't there. I looked up at my mother. She cried and ran out of the room. I just thought kyungmin could've just been in the bathroom or something. So I sat down... O-on the chair t-that was next to her bed." Namjoon eyes got prickly. " I waited. I just waited for such a long time..."  Namjoon whispered.

" but she never came back..." 

 

 Jin covered his tears. Namjoon noticed and Gently pushed his chin up to face him. " Jin... Why are you sad? " Namjoon asked as he the back of his head. Jin smiled and held namjoons hand. " so you know... That you're not alone... You never will be after that day..." 

namjoon embraced Jin and cried for what felt like hours.

Eventually, they fell asleep in each others arms.

" hey! Namjoon! Jin! It's only 6:00, why are you guys going to sleep so early?" Namjoon heard hoseok rambled as he shook the pair. " w-what?" Jin mumbled as he rubbed his eyes. " have you two been crying? Your eyes are all puffy..." hoseok examined jins eyes. " me and Jin watched a  sad movie..." Namjoon said as he shot up, saving their skin." really? What movie?" Namjoon quietly cursed to himself. " the fault in our stars! With Korean subtitles." hoseok shrugged 

" yoongis having another party, by the way its just gonna be him, jimin, me, jungkook and taehyung.so, you two wanna come?" Jin looked over at Namjoon. He had never been to a party. Ever. But his brother went to tons when he was younger. Namjoon looked at Jin with a worried look, prepared to decline. " sure! Why not?" Jin happily cheered. " so it's at 10:00 tonight. We can all go together or you two can go in joons car, your desicion." Jin looked over to Namjoon. " I'll go with joon..." Jin whispered

 

The clock had just struck 9:00 and Jin was still fussing over what to wear. " how about... This!" Namjoon said pulling out a fluffy navy blue sweater and some tight baby blue jeans out of his dresser. " uhhh... No" Namjoon sighed and began to dig in his drawers again. " why do you have all this stuff anyway? It's not your style..." Jin brought up. " I got them from a clothing store for a cheap price. I was going to sell them to make some  extra cash, but I guess I thought they would come in handy.." Jin smiled. " ok... How about... This!" Namjoon pulled up out of the ruble, a oversized cream colored sweater, and shiny black skinny jeans, which had rips all through the thigh. Jin almost gasped. " I love it!" he snatched the clothes from namjoons grasp and made his way into the bathroom to get changed. Namjoon chuckled and made his way to the closely to find some shoes. 

" I'm done!" Jin called out to Namjoon as he exited the bathroom. " hey! I got you shoes." Namjoon greeted Jim, handing him a pair of baby blue sneakers. " ah! I love them!" Jin said taking the shoes from Namjoon. " thank you so much!" Jin hugged Namjoon. " we should probably go now, huh?" Namjoon said looking at the clock. " yeah, sure!" Jin quickly put on the shoes and the two left the house.

 

 

Ok, so... The will take place in chapter 10 or 11. So be prepared.

I know I did say " I'm taking a break" but I had nothing else to do so I kept writing. Perfect excuse.

Thanks for your support, see you soon!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wOnt HesITaTe