iii.

you and me, forever.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this chapter contains a very brief moment during their high school and college times. prompted by this and this post. (note: some will be written and some wont!)

 

High school is way different than primary school. Junmyeon is glad that he has skipped a year or else he must have gone frantic without Yifan by his side as they find their way to class. Unfortunately, on the first day of high school, they aren’t able to sit side by side. Both accept the fact though. They have to befriend others and not just themselves. Junmyeon takes the front row while Yifan is at the very back.

 

Junmyeon’s seatmate, a beta, approaches Junmyeon first. He, too, miraculously has skipped a year despite being a beta. “Work hard and work harder. That’s how I ended up being here,” Yixing flashes him a dimpled smile when Junmyeon asked how. The omega can see how hard he worked, Yixing’s droopy eyes have the proof. A week later, Junmyeon will always make sure his friend eats well.

 

His motherly instinct is always awakened whenever he spots his seatmate accidentally sleeping during class. Yifan, too, has made a friend with a beta on the first day of school. They have the same age so they clicked the moment the beta introduced himself. Hakyeon is very upset that his friend isn’t in the same class as him. Yifan tries his best to listen to his rants as he keeps an eye on Junmyeon after taking notice of other alphas glancing at the omega for more than three seconds. 

 

He wants to warn them not to stare at his best friend for too long but he doesn’t want to create a commotion on the first day of high school. But that doesn’t stop him from glowering at the other alphas from the back though. During recess where he and Junmyeon promised to meet each other there, he promptly strides to the lone omega who’s being approached by one of the alphas from their class.

 

“Did I make you wait too long?”

 

Proud fills his face when Junmyeon looks so, so relieved by his presence. “I’m sorry,” Junmyeon gives a bow towards the other before heading next to Yifan. Yifan doesn’t spare a glance at the other alpha as he stretches a hand to place it on Junmyeon’s shoulder. The omega doesn’t mind it at all and Yifan smiles inwardly in triumph. Junmyeon is his best friend and he won’t let anyone take him away.

 

+++

 

It’s their last year of high school. They’re seniors now. Both of them have known a few common things happening around here. Most alphas act like it’s cool to date a bunch of different omegas and betas but never actually being serious about anyone or anything just to impress everyone. Most betas mind their own business, studying at the lobby or found making out with alphas or omegas in the library.

 

Most omegas are nerds and some actually invite alphas to their homes for ‘fun’. Thankfully, Yifan and Junmyeon aren’t any of them. Junmyeon has been missing school for heats. Yifan, too, has been on leave for ruts. It’s a catch-up class today. Both sit side by side as they listen to their teacher. Yixing is behind them, seated between Hakyeon and Taekwoon, Hakyeon’s friend from another class.

 

Alphas and omegas have different required classes in order to graduate. Alphas having physical training and more career-oriented classes while omegas have cooking, home economics and self-defense. Betas have the choice to do either the alpha or omega required classes, or a mix of both if they’re really interested in both. When compulsory subjects are being taught, all of the dynamics will be in the same class as usual.

 

Junmyeon has heard from his omega juniors they’re being pressured by their families to start trying to find a mate, which is difficult to do when hardly any alphas in high school are mature enough to be worth trying to get as a mate. One by one they will come to Junmyeon, venting their problems to him. Junmyeon will try his best to listen and comfort them, advising them to try to talk about it to their parents straightforwardly.

 

Junmyeon is thankful that his parents aren’t demanding like theirs. One of their classmates who’s an omega has gotten pregnant last week and her alpha mate is super attentive and protective even though they’re both totally freaking out because they can barely care for themselves let alone a baby. Junmyeon and other omegas at school are always watching out for the pregnant omega and doting on her whenever the alpha isn’t around because the sight of the distressed omega sets off the rest of the omegas’ motherly instincts like crazy.

 

Yifan secretly enjoys Junmyeon taking care of her because it’s admirable. He has never seen the omega being so attentive and serious. A throb is felt through his chest as he thinks of Junmyeon caring for their children. He shouldn’t be having this kind of thoughts now. He must keep this feeling locked down— “Are you okay?” A soft voice pulls him out from his internal battle of thoughts.

 

Junmyeon is observing him with worry, one small hand settling on his forearm. Omegas, either male or female, are wearing makeups to school and there has been a ridiculously strict dress code being enforced for them, which is to help maintain ‘minimal distractions for the alphas’. But omegas have tried small ways to rebel against the rules. His best friend is one of them. His makeup isn’t excessive like other omegas though.

 

Junmyeon has a light eyeliner and bb cream on his face. It’s really distracting because the eyeliner makes the omega to look hot. “M’ okay,” Yifan lies as he searches for the teacher but there’s no one, “Where’s Ms Jung?” A chuckle is heard and he stares at Junmyeon, confused, “What?” Junmyeon shakes his head, still laughing softly, “Ms Jung left half an hour ago, Yifan. It’s break time now.”

 

Yifan gulps. Has he been staring at Junmyeon for the past half an hour without himself knowing? “Let’s go before Hakyeon starts scolding us for being late,” Junmyeon grabs his hand and drags him out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter