i.

you and me, forever.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

starting off with my (first ever) kids!krisho ♡ please do take note the krisho characters here are the same from the previous chapter (and in the future chaps). there will be additional scenes from this and some of them wont be written (same goes to the future updates). enjoy!

 

“Hey, Fannie. Do you remember how we first met?”

 

Little Yifan, who’s munching on the sandwich his father made for him, looks up to the bright sky as he pretends to think, “Hm. I do.” Little Junmyeon, who’s lying flat on the mat where their teacher gave it to them both earlier, also gazes to the cloudless blue sky, smiling widely, “You do?” Yifan lets out a short hum as a reply. “Tell me, tell me,” The smaller boy turns to Yifan’s side as he excitedly encourages the elder to story the memory.

 

He’s already in his position to listen, his elbows meeting the mat, tiny palms supporting his face by settling them on his chubby cheeks. “Why would you want me to remember it? Your friends thought I was gonna bully you. It’s embarrassing, Myeonnie.” The smaller boy pouts, staring at the other with pleading eyes now (which usually always works), “Aww… Please… ?” The taller boy sighs as he averts his gaze away swiftly, “Fine.”

 

Five-year-old Yifan is heading back to class all alone after recess. He’s behind a group of shorter people and they’re walking slowly so he patiently trails behind them, envying how each of them has friends. Suddenly, his sharp eyes catch a soft material falling from a small boy’s backpack. The boy doesn’t seem to realize it as he continues to chatter. Little Yifan immediately goes to take it, kneeling down to it.

 

It’s a purple-colored rabbit keychain. It’s so fluffy in his hands. Yifan looks forward to seeing the group of supposed small omegas furthering away from his vision. “Hey, you! Stop!” He sprints to the group and once he’s there, panting, he fixes his gaze on a certain boy before staring down to his palm where the fluffy keychain is and looks at the boy again, who only hides behind his friends, gripping onto their sweater sleeves.

 

The group of small people protects their friend as they hide him completely between their short bodies, preventing him from meeting their friend. “Are you trying to bully Myeonnie?” Little Yifan blinks profusely, “What? No. I just want to—” “To because he’s pretty? Is that what you wanna do?” Yifan wants to laugh at how ridiculous these small people are protecting their friend because their faces are stating otherwise, showing fear.

 

So he decides to leave to class, causing the little omegas to be relieved and somewhat proud of scaring the alpha away. Yifan sleeps with the fluffy keychain that night, not wanting to forget to give it back to its owner meanwhile little Junmyeon cries the whole night after finding out about his missing rabbit. On the next day, Yifan spots the little omega all alone near the bleachers given outside the kindergarten.

 

He purposely pestered his father to send him early to meet the small boy for this. He knows the boy will always come early. Yifan will always see him waiting all alone whenever he comes early in the morning. “Hey,” Yifan calls for him. When the little omega lifts his head, Yifan’s heart unknowingly lurches at the sight of the boy’s apparent swollen eyes. “P-Please don’t bully me,” The small boy pleads, his head ducking down in (obvious) submission.

 

Yifan sighs, knowing his presence can be irritating to some people. His father told him before that he might be alpha so people might be naturally afraid of him. The boy may be an omega based on how he’s reacting to him. He walks in front of the slumped boy and kneels to the ground. Yifan is so used to people being scared of him because of his aura and he lets them be but this boy…

 

This supposed omega makes him want to prove that he isn’t just a scary person. “Hey,” He calls again, softly this time. The small boy only flinches and shuts his already closed eyes even tighter, little fingers digging hard into the fabric of his bottoms as his heart races in fear. Junmyeon was with his friends yesterday so he wasn’t afraid but now, he’s feeling petrified. A gasp leaves his small mouth once he feels his hand being held.

 

Little Junmyeon peeks an eye open and at the same time, he feels something soft against the palm of his hand. Another gasp emits from him once his eyes lands on the thing at his hand. “I tried to give you this yesterday after recess but I think your friends mistook me for bullying you. I might not find it for you if you lose it again. Keep this safe, okay?” When the other doesn’t seem to respond but keeps staring at him, Yifan becomes slightly flustered.

 

He stands up, dusting his knees and is about to turn around but not until a strong forces throw itself against his body. “Thank you sooo much!!!” A tiny yet a very happy tone exclaims against his shirt. Yifan blinks once before he peers down, only to find out that the omega has his arms full around him, hugging him completely, the small boy’s face pressed against his uniform. “Uh,” Little Yifan scratches the back of his head awkwardly, “You’re welcome?”

 

He totally becomes speechless once the little omega peers up to him with a teary-eyed smile. “You owe me your life! Thank you so much!” The hug tightens and Yifan feels all funny inside. This boy’s friends were right. Myeonnie is indeed pretty. Very pretty. He wriggles a little and that’s where the small boy frees him. “I’ll tell Mother to bake cookies for you!” Yifan has heard from his father that it’s an omega’s trait that they will be energetic whenever they’re thankful and they will show their gratitude by giving something to the helper.

 

But his father never told him they will be cute.

 

“It’s okay, Myeonnie.”

 

Junmyeon gasps, covering his mouth dramatically before eventually revealing it, “You know my name? How come I don’t know yours?” Little Yifan finally smiles a little at the other’s amused expression, “Your friends mentioned it yesterday. I don’t know your full name. My name is Yifan, by the way.” Little Junmyeon’s face changes into more surprise, “You’re Chinese? Wow, you can speak my language very well!”

 

Yifan unconsciously blushes by the compliment. Myeonnie is the first one to say that to him. “Can we be friends?” Yifan blinks. Friends? With an omega? “Won’t your friends will be scared of me?” The small boy snorts before he smiles so brightly, “They won’t be after I’ll them that you found my bunny!” He then reaches out his small hand towards Yifan’s way before the other can say anything, “Nice to meet you, Yifan. I’m Junmyeon. Let’s be friends? Or maybe best friends?”

 

Yifan stares at the other’s hand for a while. This boy is asking to be his friend. For the first time ever, Yifan doesn’t feel alone anymore. For the first time ever, he doesn’t hate himself for who he is. He then lifts his eyesight to the small boy. Junmyeon is all smiles, waiting for him to accept the handshake of their awaiting friendship. Junmyeon is going to be his first best friend. Yifan grins, his gums showing, pressing his palm against Junmyeon’s, “Let’s be best friends.”

 

“What was embarrassing about that?”

 

A five-year-old Junmyeon asks, head now currently settled on top of Yifan’s thigh comfortably as he stares up to him in curiosity with a frown. The elder one tries hard not to blush in embarrassment as he recalls it, “When your friends thought I was gonna bully you…” Little Junmyeon gets up and sits properly next to him, their shoulders merely reaching (since Junmyeon is shorter), “I knew you weren’t gonna do that.”

 

Yifan huffs and pouts, still not satisfied. Junmyeon wants to comfort him so he presses their palms together after taking his hand and laces their fingers together, missing the coloring cheeks of the other as Junmyeon stares up to the tree which is protecting them from the direct sunlight, “My friends were very protective of me back then but look at them now. They just leave me whenever I’m with you because they know I’ll be safe because I have you!”

 

Little Yifan turns his face away to the opposite side with a small smile, tightening the grips of their clasped hands as he feels his cheeks warming up, “Yeah. You have me.” Junmyeon giggles for no reason but Yifan is grown to liken it. “Let’s go back? Teacher Jung must be searching for us if we’re late like the last time.” Yifan agrees by cleaning up the little mess they made with his best friend helping him.

 

After rolling up the mat and keeping it into the outdoor cupboard, Junmyeon insists to carry his empty plasticware. Little Yifan shreds off his favorite jacket off before covering Junmyeon with it. “What—” “You’re cold and don’t lie to me that you’re not. We’ve been best friends for a year already.” Junmyeon opens his mouth to protest but shuts it when Yifan sends him a stern look. He pouts but ends up smiling anyway once they start to head to their class together.

 

Yifan always insists to wear his jacket on him all the time. Junmyeon goes along with it because he doesn’t mind at all. It started a year ago after they become best friends when he was literally shivering on a rainy and thundery day after class ended. Yifan surprised him by hovering his jacket over his shoulders from the back. Now that Yifan seems to do it every time, Junmyeon becomes curious about his actions.

 

He decides to ask his tall friend once they’re almost reaching their class, “Hey, Fannie. Why do you always want me to wear your jacket?” Yifan, hands pocketed into his jeans, just shrugs as he stares the colorful passageway in front of them and responds, “Dunno. Dad always loved it when Mom wears his jacket because it smells like him, so since I’m gonna marry you, you should wear my jacket and smell like me!”

 

Yifan exclaims a tad too cheerfully as he brings his gaze to his friend only to be confused why his little friend is blushing as if he hasn’t just declared that he wants to get married with Junmyeon. “I-I see,” Little Junmyeon wraps the clothing around his body even tighter with a shy smile, lowering his head from showing his warm face, “I-I’ll return it like always after class ends.” Yifan sends an odd gaze to the back of his friend’s head as he goes to sit with his other friends. Did he say anything wrong?

 

+++

 

It has been almost two years since the boys have been each other’s best friends. Junmyeon has skipped a year due to his intelligence and he isn’t the only one. The teachers of their school clearly acknowledge that the ones have skipped a year are most probably omegas. Brilliance runs in their blood. The students tend to manifest during puberty around fourteen to fifteen years old, omegas manifesting a year later than alphas and betas.

 

So they treat each of their students fairly and equally, not wanting any of them to be left out. The bell goes off just like any other day, indicating the day is over for today. Seven-year-old Yifan waits for Junmyeon outside of his class. The only thing he hates about school is that they’re in separate classes. He can’t wait to be a teenager so that he can be in the same class as Junmyeon. Or maybe, he just has to wait for next year.

 

“Hey, Fannie.”

 

“Don’t call me that,” Yifan retorts tiredly, pinching his temple like how his father will do. “I can’t? So tell me why you can call me Myeonnie?” Yifan rolls his eyes before avoiding his gaze, mumbling, “It’s because you’re cute.” The shorter one stands right in front of Yifan, totally craning his neck upwards to see him as he questions, “What was that?” Yifan moves to his side before grabbing Junmyeon’s hand and starts walking, dragging him outside, “It’s nothing.”

 

Junmyeon likes it whenever Yifan holds his hand. It makes him feel safe. He always feels secure around Yifan. He’s glad that Yifan isn’t like other tall guys where they will bully short kids like him. Both will help the students by reporting to their teachers. So far Junmyeon hasn’t been bullied because he has Yifan by his side. He smiles at the tall figure of his friend. He feels so lucky to have Yifan as his best friend.

 

After they reach the entrance of the school, Yifan plants his jacket around him as usual. “Thanks,” Junmyeon tells him somewhat shyly while not having their eyes to meet. Yifan only grins when he notices this, pleased, “Can you spot your father?” Junmyeon shakes his head, his neck lengthening to catch his father’s face. “Do you want me to send you home?” Junmyeon frantically shakes his head this time, “You don’t have to!”

 

“But you’ll be lonely after my Dad comes to pick me up!”

 

“It’s okay, Yiyi,” Junmyeon coos as he pinches his tall friend’s cheek and he witnesses the soft flesh going pink, most probably of the pet name he rarely uses. “Do-Don’t call me that!” Little Yifan snappily snaps and frowns angrily at his short friend but he fails because his face is fully pink. Junmyeon, who notices the apparent change of color on his face, covers his mouth to stifle a giggle, “Look who’s cute now?”

 

Yifan becomes red. He whines out loud, “Myeonnie!” Junmyeon brings his little feet to good use as he runs away, soft giggles leaving his mouth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter