Chapter 6

The UnExpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The two, Kim and Shone, were facing each other , they were seated at the group of Hongyok. Well... Kim was about to walk out awhile ago but was stopped by Nam and been dragged here while Shone just followed Pie when the latter invited him out of gratitude.

Kim was seated with Nam on her left and Zee on her right, and on the right of Zee was Jane , Eve, Puey , Shone , Pie, then Hongyok respectively. The atmosphere is kinda heavy but Puey just ignore it and asks Shone questions about himself including his job , hobbies , and so on, while clinging on him and acting close to the latter.

Zee and Jane are just awkwardly looking at Kim and Pie, with a wry smile on their faces, Hongyok also felt awkward but still joins Puey in asking Shone while Kim was just staring at Shone coldly and doesn't even make a sound with a cross arms and legs.

Pie doesn't know what to say, so she only looked down and plays with her glass of juice. She wants to talk to Kim but the atmosphere is kind of heavy and when she look at the latter, she felt nervous because Kim was so serious and look like in any minute she'll already shoot laser in her eyes. The thought of Nam and Kim also passed in her mind that the two might have already developed feelings for each other but she tried to erase it saying to herself Nam wouldn't betray me because she's my best-friend and Kim wouldn't act like this, seeing Shone if she already has hots on Nam , right? but why does the two of them... No no, You're just over thinking Pie! 

"are you okay, Miss Aom?" asks Shone, and the others also then looked including Kim but with a cold stare. Pie was about to answer when they heard a chair moved and saw that Kim stand up and walked out. The sound made by the chair is too loud and it made the other customer look at their side. Zee who regained his senses quickly apologize to the onlookers who already talking with each other while looking at them.

The other also then recovered by the stunned situation and Nam who's been calm for awhile now, gave Shone a glare and the latter gave a clueless look. "what are you waiting for, Pie? don't you want to follow her?" said Nam after that. The other's look at Pie unconsciously to see her reaction and seems like it just registered that Kim already walkout after Kim pulled the door of the restaurant. She quickly stands up and followed after Kim.

After a minute or so, Shone innocently ask "did something happened?". They didn't answer him and just give out a glare. He felt wronged as he asked "uhm.. did I say something... i shouldn't have?"

All of them exchange awkward glances and Zee was forced to answer him because of Jane's pinching her side and gesturing her to speak. "w-well... uh you see P-pie and..."

"Pie and Kim are couples... so if you like Pie, don't bother" continued Nam, in which the others agape in surprise even Shone gave out an "huh?"

"As I said Pie and K--" Nam said irritatedly but got interjected by Shone when the latter defended himself" wait. just.. hold on a second! I think you misunderstand me ,okay? Everyone. I'm only friends with Miss Aom. Never did it cross my mind to like her. I mean I do like her, but not in a romantic way because I already like someone else and that. its's not her"

"that's good then" answered Nam after a pause. She stand up and about to turned around but stopped midway when Shone asked "uhm... where you going?"

"It's none of your business" answered Nam, without looking back , she continued walking to the kitchen.

"Is she always like that?" asks Shone ,Jane and Zee just shrug their shoulders, Eve just continued on what she's doing, while Hongyok feigned ignorance and Puey was the one to answer. "She's like that sometimes if she's in a bad mood, but she's nice if you really got to know her."

"ah.." Shone can only nod his head as he look at where Nam walked at. "anyway don't mind them and let's just eat!"

"right"

"don't be shy and get what you want okay?"

"..."

After that , those five continued to talk like there's nothing happened awhile ago. Shone took a glance at where Nam walked and who knows what he's thinking.

- - - -

meanwhile

Pie kept on calling out for Kim but the latter didn't even turned around to look or didn't even bother to stop and wait for her. She just keep on walking , ignoring Pie.

But hearing something , she stop and unconsciously look to where the sound is and saw that Pie fell into her . Making a small cry with a pained expression. Seeing that, She hastily run towards Pie with a hint of panic.

"are you okay?!" she then ask when she's already near Pie, she  hurriedly help Pie get up and apologized "I'm sorry, are you hurt somewhere?"

"of course I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter