Offline

A microchip for love (The Startup Project)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Light snores can be heard bouncing off the white walls of the lab, followed by a familiar monotone voice, yet the sound consuming the small room doesn’t stop the slow rise and fall rhythm coming from the pale looking woman deep in slumber on one of the desks nearby.

 

[Systems restart successful, turning on, please stand by….]

 

Green light began to flicker in and out of existence from…. something, an object of sorts in the centre of the room, until it stops and a light green hue begins to add colour to the once white walls.

The object, humanoid in appearance begins to come to live, or at least the closest to a living being it could get. Lifting its head up and adjusting the two micro cameras it has for eyes it begins scanning the room around them.

 

[loading, Profile, please stand by...]

 

Name - YOO JEONGYEON - Current age - 20##1**9?? [FILE incomplete...]

 

Known Relation with subject - Min#to//ki S@@nA?..? [FILE CORRUPT]

 

- Status – […UNKNOWN…]

 

The android turned its head to look at the girl, Yoo Jeongyeon was her name, at least that’s what the profile states. the girl did not seem to be…alive however. The android got up from its sitting position and cautiously made its way to yoo jeongyeon who it presumed to be dead. But before it could reach the girl the human like robot was startled in its tracks by the loud ringing coming from an object sitting atop the table in front of the room, changing paths it started to make its way to where the object was located, but as the android got close it no longer made a sound, however something seemed to light up on the screen catching the curios android’s attention. Quickly scanning the device before touching it, its vision once again begun to light up with information.

 

 

[loading, Profile, please stand by...]

 

IM NAYEON - current age - 21

 

Friends - YOO Jeongyeon

- Min#to//ki S@@nA?..?/ [FILE CORRUPT]

 

- Status – ALIVE

 

[Message Reads:

Hey Jeongy, it’s me Nabongs, but I guess you already know that, right? Right well umm, we haven’t talked in a while and I know you need some space and that’s totally okay! I’m not asking to meet up or anything I just…I want…listen just let me know if you’re okay or if you need help with anything or you know, a simple hey its fine too! Just letting you know I’m here, I’ll always be…love you bye.]

 

The message seemed important. By the information it got from the scan the person seemed close to Jeongyeon. That’s right, Jeongyeon! With a quick movement the android whipped its head up suddenly recollecting what they were doing before getting distracted by the small rectangular device atop the table, quickly turning its head towards the presumably dead girl who now seems to be staring incredulously at them, making the android stop in its tracks at once.

 

“N-no way” it was barely above a whisper, a human ear would not be able to catch that, but then again, the person or rather thing before her wasn’t exactly human.

 

“No…Way?” the android mimicked to the girl back, head tilting slightly, unable to understand the expression of the words.

 

“And y-you can talk? Oh man, this is…I’ve never…” Jeongyeon honestly though she was dreaming, still deep in much needed sleep which she deprived her body from for god knows how many months now. She had to pinch herself several times just to make sure.

 

The robot still grounded on her spot, probably due to a mix of alertness

Please log in to read the full chapter