The Cafe Down The Street

A microchip for love (The Startup Project)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It wasn't as cold as Jihyo  thought it would be, stopping for a minute to take off the jacket she had worn in fear of being too cold and tying it around her waist she continued her walk towards the cafe Nayeon asked to meet up. It was really quiet around this time of day, especially since its the weekend. She liked it. Breathing in the cold air as she continued her journey towards the coffee shop, enjoying the silence. She knows it wont last long, for one, the school term is about to start and both middle and high schoolers tend to frequent this area quite a lot since their school is just a few blocks away, and even tho she is not one of those students anymore she was one not long ago and its a known fact that the students were anything but quiet. And two, just because she isn't as loud anymore doesn't mean that she can't be, but out of her group of friends she certainly is one of the calmest losing only to Mina.

just thinking about her group of friends all five, five huh, of them together almost brings Jihyo a headache, though she would be lying if she were to say she doesn't miss them. Since the winter break started, they each went their separate ways for the holidays. the two japan born, Momo and Mina went back to the country to spend time wit their family, Nayeon and Jihyo even though don't live that far apart from each other got busy with family and the hustles of life in general and Jeongyeon...god only knows what Jeongyeon was up to. Its been a while since they last saw each other, or had a decent  conversation.

Jihyo understands it though, the past year has been hard for Jeong. That accident has been hard on all of them. It's really foggy today, she just wishes that she could do a better job at supporting her friend, but there is not much she could do, not much any of them could do. Its almost overbearingly frustrating for her because Jeongyeon also doesn't open up anymore, doesn't talk about her feelings like before, isn't as bright as she used to be, and Jihyo gets it, she really does, she just wishes Jeongyeon would be more open, a little more honest. But it will take some time for that, and unfortunately all she could do is offer her support and be there for her friend when she needs it, now if she could only get that point across to her other friend Im Nayeon...

Sipping on her Americano, Jihyo looked out the big window beside her, "It would be a nice view if it weren't so foggy outside" The girl uttered more so to herself then anyone else. This place was crowded, No wonder Nayeoni likes this place The coffee wasn't bad either, and apparently they served a variety of ice cream too Extra points. A little while later a much too familiar looking car pulled up by the building Jihyo was in. Soon an even more familiar figure stepped out making her way into the cafe before catching the eye of the brown haired girl sitting by the window. Jihyo fights the urge to roll her eyes. 

"You're late" The younger simply stated.

"Yeah i know, I'm sorry. Its just that i brought this little guy with me-" without much warning Nayeon holds up an oddly shaped bag to the younger woman's figure

"Meet KKuKK   KKuKK! my new puppy, KKuKK  KKuKK meet Jihyo my great friend and our leader" The older exclaimed happily. if Jihyo wasn't so distracted cooing over little KKuKK  KKuKK she would be mad at Nayeon for calling her leader recently its been a new habit for her friends to call her that and she honestly doesn't know why, though she much prefers being called leader rather than mom or dad  which again was another habit picked up by her friends. 

"Um, I also stopped by your place" The black haired girl continued on with her reasoning, but with a much more calmer tone. 

"Huh, why?" Jihyo turned her attention back to Nayeon a little confused since she's sure they arranged to meet in here.

"To give you a ride" the older simply stated 

"Oh, but you know I live closer to the cafe than you, right"  Jihyo was truly confused, Nayeon knew where she lived and since the older woman frequented this cafe a lot she would know that Jihyo's home was close by. 

"y-Yeah i know, its just that...I thought..." It was unusual seeing the older woman this quite and shy? but then again this past year has been nothing but unusual, so the younger of the two though nothing much of it. 

"You know what never mind I've just been a little out of it this past week you know" Nayeon seemed to snap back into her usual chirpy and outgoing self, but the doe eyed girl could tell there was something bugging her, the younger knows about the other's worries Jeongyeon but if there was something else she wouldn't know, Nayeon was great at masking her worries if she felt like not sharing them, she's not majoring in theater for nothing. But the girl was more open about her feelings then Jeongyeon, so if something else was to be bugging her it would be best to just give it time and she'll eventually crack and open up. At least that

Please log in to read the full chapter