Chapter 4

I fell in love with my best friend [Seulrene]

"k-kiss y-you?" I ask disbelief. Did she just ask me to kiss her. KISS HER? what's wrong with her today? Does that Taehyung makes her go crazy or something? How can I kiss her, I can't. I can't do that. I make a shock and terrify face to Irene. 
Suddenly Irene breaks out of laughter. 
"OMG Seulgi look at your face it's priceless" she laughs loudly. Did she just played with me? She played with my feelings? 
"eh.." I'm Speechless, really. This girl is really something. 
"anyway, I got to go" she Stands up and pick up her bag. 
"my mom is waiting downstairs" suddenly she leans in a give a peck on my cheek.
"thank you for saving me" she says sweetly. She kiss me. Again. Now I'm burning, blushing and madness. How could she played with my feelings like I that I thought she was being serious about about us kiss...ing. No Seulgi there's no way she wants to kiss you you're nobody. I got up feeling slightly pain on my head. I touch my cheek and I fan feel there's a plaster on it. I don't remember anything after I was knocked out by that .
How did I get here? 

"if you're wondering how did you get here it's Mr Choi who brings you here." My mom says while leaning on the door wall. Wait she's here? She slowly walks towards my bed and sit and the edge. 
"how did you get in a fight? As long as I know you, you never fought with anyone" she says without a mad tone of voice. 
"he's just too much, he hurted Irene" I say a little but too loud for me liking. 
"I just pushed him, he's the one who punched me" I pout.
"my daughter trying to be the romeo and save her Juliette? How sweet" She pinch my cheek. 
"mom it hurts" I rub the sore spot gently. 
"how did Mr Choi found me?" 
"OMG you dumb of course Irene told him what happened" she scoff
"ahh" Mr Choi he's not that bad as I thought. 
"he said he will do something to that...what was his name again? Tae...tae...Taeyong?"
"Taehyung" I roll my eyes. I'm already annoyed by his name. 
"whatever his name is, he's gonna get into trouble tomorrow so don't worry" She kisses my forehead and leave my room. 
"oh and by the way you don't move too much because you have a wound on my stomach"  she says as finally go out and close the door tightly. 
I sit up straight and search for my phone, once I get the grip of it I open talklife. Yeah it's been a while since I open that depression app because I didn't need it for the last few weeks. Yes, late last year I suffered for severe depression and anxiety but after new year it was getting lesser and lesser. 

Oh it's a relief that I recovered from depression or else I might not be here right now. You know I was Suicidal once, feeling like I want to cut my wrist, jump in the deep river and just hang myself or something. Okay whatever nobody cares about my depression anyways. I just want you guys to know what depression is not a joke that can be laughed at. When someone tell you they have depression, help them, not laugh at them. Make them feel like they are not alone because I've been there. I've been there when I was in my worst state and nobody comes to me saying "everything will be fine". I listened to several suicide songs like 1800-273-8255 by logic and her last word by Courtney something I don't remember her name. I still listen to that kind of songs this days but the feelings are getting better. 

______________________________

"seulgiiiiiii" Irene whines. Oh my
"yes?" 
"Thank you for saving me yesterday"
I'm about to reply when suddenly Mr Choi knocks on our class door. 

"Kang Seulgi may I see you for a minute?" he says with a firm tone. I stand up and follow him to his room. I sit down on the chair opposite him. 

"Kim Taehyung currently suspended from going to school because of his behavior which are ual harassment and abuse." He takes a deep breath. 
"and how are you Seulgi? Your wound is getting better?" he asks, his eyes full of concerns. Why does he feels so....soft? For some reason this is not Mr Choi.  The fierce, annoying and dull Mr Choi. This is a different person. 

"I know you're thinking I'm being weird right? Like I'm not being my usual, fierce, annoying and dull me...right?" He chuckles softly. I like this, I like this side of him. Well, who wouldn't. 
"I'm like that because at my old school, before I transferred here, I became the nice and polite teacher. The one who never went rage and his students. But they went overboard because of my kindness so I decided to because more strict in teaching" He explains while fidgeting his fingers. 
"Um Mr Choi I think the teacher is already in the classroom, may I go now?" I ask for his permission to leave. 
"Sure" He gives me a fatherly smile. 
"and thank you for your concern Mr Choi, I appreciate it" 

I walk fastly to my classroom as I don't want to miss my favorite subject, Science. I knock on my own classroom door and open it. 

"oh Seulgi you're back" Mrs Seo smiles at me. Why is everyone weirdly warm today?
"ah yeah.." I hesitate 
"please, go to your seat" with that I walk straight to my seat and take out my science text book. This thing is huge. And thick as heck. I slowly slide page to page and yawn. I'm sleepy. I did not get enough sleep last night. I search for my water bottle in my bag but I don't find any. I didn't bring it. And now I don't have enough oxygen. I sigh and rub my eyes and then I see Irene gives her water bottle to me. 
"sleepy? Her have some water" she smiles
"ah thank you" I grab the water bottle but hesitant to drink it. You know the 'what if' questions. What if I get my saliva on the tip of her bottle? What if her water become lesser after I drank it and she will not have enough water afterwards? What if... 
"just drink it Seulgi" She chuckles after she sees me shook my had rapidly. 
I gulp the water aggressively because of embarrassment. I hand back her water bottle without looking at her. 
"t-thank you, again"
"you're welcome" I hear she says. 

"class dismissed" Mrs Seo announces and leave the classroom, all of my classmates already pack their things and head out of the classroom. 
"let's go" Wendy grabs my hand and drag me out of the classroom. Irene walks in front of us and when we reach out of the classroom, some of the guys who walks behind us start laughing and pointing at Irene. I also hear some of the girls gossiping at the back of the guys. I look at Irene and I see blood stains on the back of her skirt. Oh my God. This is bad. I quickly take off my jacket and wrap it around her body and tie it. More like a bag hug. I'm a Librarian that's why I have to wear a dark blue jacket over my shirt. She's just a normal student that's why she just wear a shirt and a black tie. Irene turns around I give a weird look. 
"your back" I whisper to her. Her eyes widen almost immediately. 
"don't worry I got you" I smile. 

I end up walking out of school without my jacket and just a bare shirt which makes me feel . I'm not used to not wear my jacket because it's against the school rule. Irene and I walk side by side in front of the bus stop in front of our school when suddenly I hear someone saying,
"look Seulgi is not wearing her jacket, oh my God she looks so hot without it" I frown.
"her jacket is on Irene's waist, are they dating?" the other person says
"no freaking way, the nerd doesn't deserve someone as hot as Seulgi" it's actually the other way around fyi. Who the heck says something like that? I turn around and see Yooa and her friend, Jiho talking while looking straight at me. And then I see Irene rolls her eyes. Suddenly I remembered that she got Jealous just because Saeron calls me handsome. I don't want her to get jealous again so I quickly grab her hand and intertwine our fingers together. I see her turn her head away. How cute. 

"yo you two get a room" I hear Wendy says in the back. 
I turn to my back to look at her and I see just the two of them, Wendy and Joy. 
"where's Yeri?"
"she has a date" Joy answer. What the ? Just how? 
"what? With who?"
"Saeron" That girl, who called me handsome. 
"Are you sure it's a date? Not just a study group or whatever?"
"she said it's a date her herself" Wendy scoff.
"okay fine Jeez"
Wendy sighs loudly. 
"that maknae already got herself a girlfriend while I here I am single as a pringle" Wendy pouts, Ew. 
"then date me" Joy says. Um what? Is she serious? 
"Are you serious?" Wendy rises her eyebrows. 
"dead serious" She plays with Wendy's fingers. 
"I-I'll think about it o-okay?" Joy nod and get inside her house as we continue walking. 

"that was...surprising" I say
"I know right, I didn't see that coming" she let out a heavy sigh. 
"are you...accepting her?" Irene says
"I don't know, I've like her for a while but, I just don't know" 

After the short conversation we walk straight home without utter a single word. After Wendy gets in her house Irene grabs while left arm. 
"honestly they will look good as a couple" Irene says. 
"I know right"

I put the key in the keyhole and walk in with Irene following my back. We go straight to my room and I give her one of my sweatpants. 
"her go change" 
She takes off my jacket that was around her waist and put it on the bed. 
"thanks for lending me your jacket" She says, throwing a sweet smile to me. I might get diabetes. 
"it's n-nothing" 
"I always wonder, why do you always treat me nicer than others?" Irene ask as she rises her eyebrows. 
"it's because..." I bit my lower lip. "because you're special to me"
Irene's lips form a small smile and dissappear in the bathroom. 

 


I'm sooooo sorry for the late update, school just started and I have tons of homeworks to do and I got no time to write this so yeah please forgive my lateness. 
Leave some comments guys I'm craving for your comments, just spam it I don't mind.