Chapter 3

I fell in love with my best friend [Seulrene]

I'm hers, SHE SAID I'M HERS OMG. Kang Seulgi calm down. Take a deep breath and calm down.
"I'm...yours?" I ask Irene who is looking at her feet and hugging the blanket. Suddenly a knock is visible at the door

*knock knock*

"wait" I say to the person who's knocking although that person can't hear it but who cares? 

I peek at the gap between the door and the wall to see who is this person. Well you guessed it, it's Mrs Bae. 

"Good evening Mrs Bae" I open the door widely letting her in. She smiles at me. 
"Good evening Seulgi, you look beautiful as always" I smile. 
"do you want coffee, tea or just water?" I ask as she walks towards the living room where Irene's at. 
"oh no it's okay Seulgi I come here to fetch Irene" She looks around and spot Irene sitting on the edge of the sofa still staring at her feet. 
"Irene let's go home" Mrs calls her. She nod and grabs her back at the side of the sofa. Mrs Bae says goodbye to me and head out waiting for Irene. While Irene is walking past me she stops and look at me in the eyes. 
"I'm sorry" 
"it's okay, it's not your fault" I smile warmly. 
To my surprise she leans forward and give a peck on my right cheek. My cheek instantly shown off as red colour and my body become stiff. She kissed me. SHE KISSED ME OMFG BLESS ME. 
"I'll see you tomorrow?" she asks
"s-sure" secretly slapping myself so Suttering.

After Irene left I flop myself on the sofa, closing my eyes and rubbing my cheek. Did she just kissed me? Omfg. Omfg. She never did this before, I wonder what's with the sudden change. I mean she doesn't really like skinship but she keeps touching me. Not in a ual way of course. You're thinking dirty right? ert. And when I say something sweet to her using what'sapp or dms she will send meme afterwards. Sometimes I kinda fade up with her and her memes. Like girl I'm trying to be sweet and romantic and you're there just sending memes Wtf. 

Sadly the next day goes by like nothing happened yesterday, she becomes her normal self while I can't stop thinking about the kiss. 

___________________________

*the next month*

Today is Wednesday, Wednesday is the worst day because I have a class with Mr Choi. He always nag at people without any specific reason and he gives us a lot of homeworks. I know it's a good thing for some people but not for me. I lazily walk towards my classroom and spot Irene there. 

"good morning" I say to her, smiling. 
"good morning" She replies after yawning. 
"um Seulgi I can't go home with you guys today" she says while rubbing her eyes. 
"eh? Why?" I ask out of curiosity. 
"I need to tu-" she yawns again
"tutor someone" 
I nod my head, understands her situation. Being one of the best students in this class and the whole school, not really surprising to see people requesting to her about tutoring or study together after school or on weekend. After the short conversation I have with Irene,  Mr Choi comes in with his grumpy face and smashes a pile of papers on the teacher's table. 
"today we'll having a small test, be ready"
And guess what? I died. What do you expect from me? I can barely remember what Mrs Kwon teached yesterday so how would I remember what Mr Choi teached last week? When the paper appears on my desk, I stare and it blankly. After quite some time, I turn my head to look at Irene, she's writing with a full concentration. She's smart. I'm not. I don't deserve her. 

Finally it's lunchtime. That means freedom for 40 minutes. When I walk out of the classroom to head to the library, I see Irene heading somewhere, alone. Usually she will go out with Wendy but this time she go out alone. A few seconds after that I see Wendy walking out of the class room, I quickly approach her. 

"you don't go to the cafeteria with Irene today?" I ask her. 
"ah no, she said she needs to meet someone so I'm heading to Joy and Yeri's class" She replies. 
"meeting someone?" I blink, twice. 
"yeah, that's what I heard" Suddenly her lips forms a smirk. 
"are you jealous?" Wendy teases. 
"N-no why would I, she has the right to meet whoever she wants" I fake cough. 
"well up to you, now get out of my way" She pushes me to the right and left.
"Hey buy me a sausage please, I'll pay you back" I shout and her who's walking towards Joy and Yeri's classroom. She makes an 'ok' sign. 

After that I decide to head straightly to the library, but before that I need to go to the washroom first. I'm about a meter away from the washroom when I spot Irene walking out of the washroom, forget my business, I need to follow her. 

I swiftly follow her around. I don't want her to know that I'm following her, that'll make me in a huge trouble. After a while following her, she stops at the front of class E. CLASS E? That class full of s, oh wait she said she will tutor someone after school today right, I wonder who it is. I hide beside a wall and peek at Irene. I see Irene is talking to someone but I can't see it clearly. I turn my body to look at the other person and to my surprise, she's talking to Kim Taehyung, THE KIM TAEHYUNG, that player, , , whatever you call it. I hate him because he keeps on courting Irene, since 2 weeks ago. He likes Irene, I don't like him. I don't like whoever likes Irene. I'm jealous. Before there's a guy name Bogum likes Irene but he moved last year, such a relief. 

Then I see that Taehyung pat Irene's head softly. I could feel blood rush up to my upper body part. Not blushing, madness. How dare he touch my Irene?! MY Irene. I keep punching the wall earning weird looks from the girls from class D. I don't care. After a while I stop. I look at my fist, it's red and bleeding but I don't care. I walk back towards my classroom and sit at my place. There's nobody in the classroom anyway. I let out a loud sigh, like really loud. 

"Oh Seulgi ya?" I heard someone call my name from the window. I turn my head and see Yooa from next class peeking through the window. 
"oh Hi Yooa ssi" I force a smile. 
"drop that formality Seulgi" She smiles. 
I don't like Yooa, I don't know why I just can't get with her, not as a lover of course but as a friend. I don't fit with her. 

*ring ring*

Thank God the bell ring at right time or else I could see myself having a Cringy, useless conversation with her. 

"oh the bell rang, okay I'll go now see you around Seulgi" She says as she winks at me. The hell? This girl needs to know that I'm not interested in her being lover or friends. After a few minutes I see Irene walks in the classroom with Wendy. 
"Here your sausage" Wendy puts a cheese sausage on my desk. She knows me well. Oh well I grow up with her beside me of course she knows me more than anyone else. 
"ah thanks" I'm about to take out my purse from my pocket to pay her back when suddenly she stops me. 
"my treat" She smiles. I don't know Wendy can be this nice. 
"ah thank you Wen" I smile at her although it's just a fake one, I hope she didn't notice. 

About one and a half hour later, class with Mrs Park comes to an end. After Mrs Park's class, there's 1 hour free time because Mrs Lee is not around, again. What happened to her even? Suddenly I heard my classmates whispering at the back of the class. 
"hey did you know that Mrs Lee is getting married?" Luna says. 
"Really? To who"
"I heard she's marrying a woman" Replies Luna. This is interesting. 
"Really? She's dating a woman all this time?" Krystal asks disbelief. 
"Just like you and me" Amber, the tomboy of this class points at Krystal and herself while saying that with such a loving tone of voice. 
"amber stop" Krystal softly hit Amber's arm and blushing making Amber grins. Lovebirds. How I wish I can be like that with Irene. No way. I don't deserve someone as perfect as her. 

"Seulgi what happened to your fist?" suddenly Irene asks when I'm eavesdropping their conversation. 
"ah it's n-" 
"it's not nothing Seulgi, it's bleeding" Irene half shouts at me.  
"let's go to the bathroom" She pulls my hand making me stand up and lead me to the bathroom. Wendy gives me a weird look I don't know why. 

"give me your hand" I obediently I give my right hand to her halfway but then she harshly pulls my hand towards herself. Harsh. 
"ow" I mutter under breath. 
"is that hurt? Sorry" she puts my hand under the flowing sink and rub it gently. I feel so...loved? You could say that. 
"does it still hurt?" she asks with nicer tone of voice than before. 
"no" I say with a blushing face and a pouty lips. 
She carefully put on a plaster with a rabbit design printed on it on my fist.
"there you go"
"thanks you"
"dont hurt yourself again okay? Now let's go" She grabs my hand and leads me back to class. 

__________________________

Here I am, sitting on a table beside a wall in the library. What am I doing? Following Irene of course. I don't trust Taehyung enough to leave her with Irene alone in this quiet library. It's library, of course it's quiet, what am I saying? What I'm saying is if he does something to Irene, nobody will know because today, no Librarian is on duty because Jiyeon has an emergency that's why she's not here today. Irene is sitting alone at the very front table, preparing stuff for her tutor lesson I guess because I can see a lot of books from science to math and a pile of papers on the table. After a while I'm getting bored of waiting because that Kim Taehyung is not here after 20 minutes. He's so unprofessional and immature. At lease tell Irene he's gonna be late or something. This is straight up rude.
"I should be home with her right now if it's not because of that stupid Taehyung" I mutter. 

Suddenly the library door crack open and Taehyung is visible between the gap. She shows his annoying smiles and go straight to Irene's table. 

"I'm sorry I'm late" He puts his bag on the table.
"Its okay Taehyung ssi" Irene smiles. 
"let's start shall we?" With that she starts teaching Taehyung science but all I can see is, he does not pay attention at the studies at all. He keep on staring at Irene. 
"why are you staring at me like that" finally Irene ask Taehyung that question that I've been waiting to ask. 
"because you're gorgeous" suddenly he stands up and grab Irene's hand. 
"what are you doing?!" Irene ask furiously. The hell he's doing? He lead Irene to the last bookshelf and pins Irene between his body and the wall. 
"you're just too pretty, I can't handle it" He says seductively. Omg this is so gross. I'm about to stand up and save Irene when suddenly he kisses Irene, On. The. Lips. He kissed my Irene. MY IRENE. 
"Taehyung s-stop" Irene tries to push away Taehyung's head away from her but her strength is nothing compares to Taehyung's. Taehyung's move his lips to Irene's neck. This is too much. 
"THE YOU'RE DOING!?" I shout at him a push him away from Irene. Hard. 
"who are you and mind your own business" He punch me in the stomach and face twice and runs away leaving me lying lifelessly on the carpet. I could feel my vision start to fade as I see Irene's crying at the side holding my hand. 

"Seulgi you're awake" I heard a voice coming from the right side. Not Irene's, Wendy's.
"my head" I touch my head as I get up. I'm in my room, Wendy, Joy and Yeri are here, also Irene. 
"OMG Seulgi thank God you're okay" Irene runs to me and hug me tightly. I can feel the warmth in her hug.
"of course I'm okay" 
"I'm worried sick!" she whines. So cute. 
"I guess we gotta go" Wendy stand up and drag Joy and Yeri out of my room leaving only Irene and me. 
"I'm sorry" Irene blurts out.
"it's not your fault, don't worry I'm okay" 
"Seulgi?" she looks at me right in the eyes.
"yes?"
"can you do me a favor?"
"of course, what is it?" I ask, curiously. 
"please remove the stains of his lips on mine" she gives me her puppy eyes. No one could resist that. 
"how do I d-" oh wait don't tell me 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"kiss me please"