First impressions might deceive

Storytime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“JONGIN COME HERE AND OPEN THE ING PAGE ALREADY WE HAVE TWO MORE MINUTES BEFORE THE TICKETS GO ON SALE!” Baekhyun yelled through the apartment, while he was constantly refreshing the page.

“Alright, alright I’m coming.” Jongin muttered carrying his laptop in his hand and walking to their couch Baekhyun was sitting on.

“ARE YOU ON THE PAGE YET?”

“Yes, jesus. Calm the down, the tickets are not online yet.”

“Jongin you should so get the 5-Package and not the 3-Package. Why would you miss the chance to talk to Sehun for five whole minutes?”

There were five different types of tickets and they were all numbered, which represented the package. For example the 3-Package Jongin was gonna get, entitled a three minute long talk-session, three pictures and three signed merches. The same principle was applied for every ticket type.

“Baekhyun, I am not a big fan of Sehun. I am going there so that I can thank him and MAYBE so that he can change my mind about him. I really appreciate that he promoted my little no-name channel and I do not want to dislike the person who helped me reach over 200 thousand subscribers by now. So the 3-Package is good enough for me.”

“Well whate- THEY ARE UP ONLINE! GO GO GO!” Baekhyun's hands were moving faster than light as he was typing in his bank dates, while Jongin just found his ticket and went on the next page.

“I GOT IT! I GOT MY TICKET! DID YOU GET YOURS?”

“Chill, I’m filling in my dates. Aaand, I’m done. Got mine too.”

“OH MY GOD, IT IS REALLY HAPPENING. I AM GONNA MEET OH SEHUN, THE CUTEST LITTLE CINNAMON ROLL IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.” This was followed with a bunch of incoherent whale-like noises and  a lot of girly squealing, which quickly led Jongin to pack his stuff and move to his room.

I guess I should watch some of his videos if I’m gonna meet him.. meh later. Gotta upload my own video first.

“JONGIN! COME HERE FOR A SECOND!” Jongin sighed before standing up and walking back into the living room.

“What?”

“IT IS A WHOLE MONTH BEFORE WE GET TO MEET HIM. WHAT DO WE DO IN THE MEANTIME?”

“Just live our usual lifes?”

The look Jongin earned from Baekhyun was one of complete distraught and a little bit of horror. “What does that even mean?”

“It means we go to our classes, you still fanboy over Sehun, while searching for a boyfriend who loves Sehun as much as you do, and I still upload my videos. That’s about it, Baekhyun.”

“OH MY GOD.”

“WHAT NOW?!” Jongin was almost at the point of pulling his hair out of his scalp because of Baekhyun. Friendship sure was a beautiful thing.

“What if I find my soulmate there? Oh my god, that will totally happen.”

“ a , Baek.”

“Hopefully, I will.”

 

 

“I guess I can watch one of his videos now…” Jongin muttered. It had been a week since they got the tickets, it was about time to get to know Sehun a little more.

“But does he only have Storytimes? Does he not have other channels or something..” As Jongin discovered, he did. He apparently had a channel called ‘MoreHunHun’, where it seemed like he uploaded Vlogs, gaming-videos and what seemed to be some rants.

 

“Q&A? I guess that will help getting to know him a little more... uploaded today? Cool. “

 

“Hi guys, it’s Sehun! So today I am going to do another Q&A, and I will try to answer as many questions as possible.”

 

“He actually sounds not so dumb here… what’s happening?”

 

“First question is by HunLover99, oh what a cute name thank you so much. The question is ‘What is your favorite childhood memory?’ Well HunLover99, I think it was my 7th birthday. We were on vacation with my whole family at Jeju Island and all my cousins were there with me. We first went to the beach with them, we didn’t actually go swimming because the water is pretty chilly in April, but we did play volleyball together. After that we went back to the summer house of my aunt, had chocolate cake and watched ‘Spirited Away’, which is to this day still one of my favorite movies. It was a really nice and simple day and I enjoyed every second of it.”

 

Jongin was shocked to his core. Why was Sehun suddenly such a sweet and not all-that-dumb person? This was not the brainless moron he disliked so much. And why was one of his favorite movies also Sehun’s?

 

“Next question is from Baek’s in Beauty, awesome name-” Sehun chuckled but Jongin had to pause the video and yelled for Baekhyun.

“Yes?” Baekhyun was standing at Jongin's door looking at him expectantly.

“Wait a minute, I need some earphones before telling you these news.” He reached over to his table and put his headphones over his ears.

“Sehun just uploaded a Q&A and he answered one of your question-” Before Jongin could finish his sentence Baekhyun started screeching, tackling Jongin and sitting down in front of the screen. He skipped back a couple of seconds and started the video again.

 

“every second of it. Next question is from Baek’s in Beauty, awesome name sweetie.”

 

“OH MY GOD, HE CALLED ME SWEETIE.”

 

“‘Would you ever consider putting on popping eyeliner?’” Sehun giggled after reading the question “I guess I could try. But I don’t have any Make-Up.. lucky for you Baek’s in Beauty, my sister is here right now.. YOONA!” The video was cut to Sehun sitting in front of a female, who Jongin assumed was his sister. Sehun made her say ‘Hi’ to the viewers, and Jongin had to admit that good looks obviously ran in their family.

 

“Okay Yoons, so one of my viewers asked me to put on ‘ popping eyeliner’. Would you do the honors of glowing me up?”

Sehun’s sister quickly agreed and after that there was a bunch of Make-Up things happening Jongin did not understand, but he was pretty smitten by the way Sehun acted  when he was not telling weird stories.

 

“Yoona, would you maybe read some more of my questions while we are doing this? I don’t want my viewers to be disappointed that I only answered a few questions.

 

Sure, Hunnie. This question is from GayForSehun, your fans have the best usernames by the way, and the question is ‘I’m so confused by Sehun. He seems like a completely different person in his Storytimes compared to his other videos. Is the Sehun from your main channel just an act?’

 

Actually I get that question a lot, and I can assure you none of me is an act. It’s just, you know how everyone has different personas in different situations? Like how you act around your friends versus how you act around your family, or the different way you behave in school or work versus at home. All of it is still me. The way I am in my Storytimes is actually the smallest part of me and that’s why I love to do Storytimes. It’s a way to let out this small part of me that is otherwise just in my head. But all of it is still a 100% me.

 

I can actually confirm this, the y side of him only comes out like once every year other than in his videos. My lil bro is actually one of the cutest little grown-babies in the whole wide world.

 

Yoonaaaaaa, stop.”

 

Jongin actually chuckled at Sehun’s whining and he hated to admit it, but everyone was right. Sehun was cute.

 

“All done and damn I’m kinda jealous. You look better in that eyeliner than I do. Or any of my friends do. Damn it, Hun get uglier already.

 

Nahh, I like looking good. Thanks Yoons, say bye to the viewers.

 

Bye guys, keep watching Hunnies videos and subscribe. Also give him a thumbs up! Byee!”

 

After Yoona left, Sehun finally turned to the camera again and Jongin would have actually drooled, if it wasn’t for Baekhyun’s ear- screech.

“I ING KNEW IT! HE LOOKS SO ING HOT, OH MY GOD. ME UP DADDY. UGH.”

“BAEK, GET THE OUT OF MY ROOM. WATCH IT IN YOUR OWN AND SCREECH  THERE ALL YOU ING WANT, AND STOP MY EARS!”

“Geez, alright.” Rolling his eyes so hard Jongin thought he might go blind, Baekhyun stood up and left, and Jongin was left stunned.

There were so many things running through his head.

He knows more words than ‘like’? He is cute? Did I misjudge him? Yes I did. God am I starting to like him? WAIT. Am I crushing on him a little? AM I TURNING INTO BAEKHYUN?!

 

Jongin shook his head before turning his gaze back to the screen, which proved to only make his semi-crush harder. He hated to admit it but Baekhyun was right. Sehun looked smoking hot with that eyeliner, although he still did not see Sehun as a daddy. But I would love him to call me daddy.. Wait, Jongin get your together.

 

“Okay, next question is by NoticeMeHunpai, and as you may see I did notice you boo. So the question is ‘Sehun, how on earth is a hot piece of like you still single?’. First of all thank you for complimenting my , and second.. I.. this is kind of a sensitive topic for me, my last relationship didn’t end so well and I know that I tell you guys a lot about my personal life, but this is something I do not like to talk about too much… So let’s keep it at the fact that I have trust issues”

 

How could someone hurt this cutie pie? Damn it, Jongin get your together.

 

“Last question for today guys, but do not worry I will do another Q&A pretty soon. So this question is from BTSMeUp, I totally agree with that username, BTS s me up on a daily too. ‘Why are all your Meet and Greets in theaters?’. Well, I am actually very glad you asked me this, because now I can explain to all of you how these Meet and Greets are gonna play out. So the reason they are taking place in these big theaters is that.. I don’t want you guys to be standing while waiting, because these Meet and Greets will take long. Don’t worry! There will be enough food and beverages for all of you, and also you will all have a place to sit.  So you will sit in the order you arrive in and everyone will get a seat number, so that you can use the restroom and maybe go somewhere else for awhile if you are too tired of waiting. Then you will be all brought to a backroom, where I will be waiting, one by one and we will have the meeting and have our photos taken. Next I will lead you to the merch-room, where you can pick the merch you want and I will sign it personally for you, with the message you want. So I hope you will have a great time there and do not worry if you didn’t get a ticket this time, you will next time for sure! For all the ones who will be attending, I am looking forward to meeting you. I hope you all enjoyed this little Q&A, if you did please give this video a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel. Yehet and see ya tomorrow!”

 

Jongin sat in front of his laptop awestruck by how considerate and lovely Sehun was. As soon as he realised where his thoughts and feelings were going, Jongin slammed his laptop close and took a deep breath to calm himself.

 

This is just the surprise of the realization that he is not the dumb moron, I thought he was.. nothing more than that. Okay you can open your laptop again, you calmed down Jongin.

 

As soon as he reopened the laptop and saw Sehun's face again he caught himself grinning like an idiot again.

 

“Crap”, he muttered.

 

The next two and a half weeks Jongin spent his time binge-watching all of Sehun's videos, even his storytimes and he couldn’t help but crush harder and harder on him. Baekhyun was right, Sehun was the cutest little cinnamon roll ever and Jongin couldn’t hold back any longer.

“Baek, I need to tell you something.. but please don’t judge me?”

“Jongin, I am your best friend. I will not judge you, so tell me what's bugging you.” Behind all his insults and sass, Baekhyun was a great friend. He immediately put away his phone and turned his full attention to Jongin.

“Over the last three weeks I developed a huge crush on Sehun… I watched all of his videos and you were right all along... he is the loveliest and cutest person ever and when he smiles his eyes turn into these cute crescents and when he gets excited he lisps a litt-”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter