Losing Hope

Storytime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was losing hope. It had been two weeks and there had been no sign of Sehun. He hadn’t liked his picture, he hadn’t liked EXO’s Facebook or Instagram page and most importantly he hadn’t tried to get in touch with him in any way.

 

“What the was I expecting? There were a ton of hot buff guys there, obviously he wouldn’t remember me. And I delusionally thought we had a moment. me.”

 

“Come on man, don’t be so hard on yourself. Maybe he’s just playing hard to get?” Chanyeol said from the couch where he was sipping on his beer. Ever since their date he had been over a lot. It looked like him and Baekhyun really had hit it off, and as hard as it was for Jongin to admit Baekhyun had been right about his soulmate and he wasn’t.

 

“Yeah Jongin, I’m sure he is gonna contact you one of these days. Just be patient. His Meet & Greet Tour just ended last night. He’s probably going to look you up now.” Baekhyun chimed in, walking over from the kitchen with a bowl of ramen and cuddling up next to Chanyeol.

 

“I don’t know, guys. I don’t want to get my hopes up again, especially after just getting back on the ground. Like I am back to reality right now, I know the chances of him remembering me are slim to none and I don’t wanna get back to being delusional.” Jongin threw his head back and sighed loudly.

 

“No! Don’t give up yet, Jongin! He will contact you I’m sure of it. I can feel it, right Chanyeol?” Baekhyun whipped his head over to Chanyeol, who looked like a deer caught in headlights.

“Sorry, Baek.. I think I am more on Jongin’s side on this after hearing his side of the story. Imagine what it would be like if I had never called you back?”

“I guess you’re right… But I don’t know I just have this feeling that something is gonna happen. I feel like they are each other's soulmate… I have never been wrong about these things before, but it’s your call Jongin.”

“I don’t think I can sit around and wait any longer. I feel more miserable with every day. I am gonna forget about this whole thing and move on. And that is final.”

 

“Hi Jongin, my name is Luhan and I’m a new exchange student from China and… I wanted to ask if you want to get dinner some time? Or maybe go to the movies?” Luhan was looking at him with big, hopeful eyes and if this had been eight weeks ago he would have probably said yes, but…

 

“I’m sorry Luhan, you seem really nice and you obviously look good, but I have to say no, sorry.” Jongin smiled at him sympathetically and Luhan quickly took off after telling him it was okay.

 

“What the was that all about man?” Baekhyun asked, visibly pissed.

“Nothing, I just didn’t feel like going out..”

“Are you still hung up on Sehun?”

“Whaaat? Noo.”

“So yeah.”

“Yeah, basically.”

Baekhyun groaned and slapped him on the back of his head.

“I’m sorry Baek, I’m trying to move on, but he’s just everything I have been looking for and he is so cute and sweet..” Jongin was started to fantasize again, when Baekhyun decided to put this to a stop.

“You know what? He’s not sweet and cute. I was wrong about him, you are literally in hell right now. No one who is a sweet and cute person would do this to another person, and you know who is a sweet and cute person? Luhan. So I say, you go after him and go on that ing date and start the ing healing process.”

“But-”

“NO BUTS. GO!”

“Damn son, okay.” So Jongin got up and went into the direction Luhan went to, to accept his offer from before. They decided on a time and Jongin agreed half-heartedly, but his heart and head were still with Sehun.

“Good boy.” Baekhyun said patting Jongins shoulder.

“Shut up.”


 

“So when I left China I promised my cousin that we would keep talking, but it’s been two months and he never returns my calls…..” Jongin really tried to listen to what Luhan had to say, but he couldn’t. It wasn’t even that he was thinking about Sehun, he just wasn’t interested in Luhan. The other was talking without a break, constantly checking out other guys walking past (not that Jongin was jealous, but it was incredibly rude) and checked himself out every few minutes. He sighed, why did he ever start to listen to Baekhyun.

“Jongin?”

“Hm?”

“Is everything okay? You seem kind of distracted.” Luhan asked looking worried, but with a hint of annoyment to his tone.

“Yeah, I’m fine sorry. I just need to use the bathroom. I will be right back.” Jongin got up from their table, took his phone and went in the direction of the bathrooms, ready to call Baekhyun and complain. When he looked at his phone his heart stopped for a second. He had a new notification from Instagram oohsehun sent you a direct message.

Oh my god. Is this real.

 

oohsehun:

Hi Jongin! I’m sorry it took so long for me to contact you, I wanted to finish my tour first and get some rest, so I would really have time to talk to you.

 

Oh god, why did I send that, it’s so cheesy. I hope I’m not too late…

 

Oh, you read it!

 

Jongin stared at his phone in shock and awe. Sehun really texted him and he was about to hyperventilate. I have to call Baek.

 

His hands were searching as he went to Baekhyun’s contact and pressed the call icon.

“‘Sup dude, how is the date going?”

“Oh , right I’m on a date.”

“What, how can you forget you are on a date, when you are CALLING me from your date.”

“Baek, oh my god. Something happened, I- what? Oh my god. How?”

“ dude, you’re getting me worried. What happened?”

“Oh my god, Baek. He dmed me. Sehun dmed me on Instagram. He apologized and explained himself and he-”

“OH MY GOD, FOR REAL? CHANYEOL SEHUN DMED JONGIN! YES I KNOW, OH MY GOD! DID YOU ANSWER HIM? WHAT DID YOU SAY?”

“I didn’t answer him yet, I had to talk to you first.”

“ARE YOU ING STUPID JONGIN?! YOU LEFT HIM ON READ, HE PROBABLY THINKS YOU AREN’T INTERESTED ANYMORE, GOD JONGIN YOU -”

“Jongin? Is everything okay? Who are you on the phone with?” Luhan walked up to him and now looked extremely annoyed.

“I’m so sorry, Luhan. I’m talking to Baekhyun, about…”

“Tell him I had a fight with my boyfriend, I’m terrible and need you at home right now. And as soon as you are in out of sight, you better ing answer Sehun.” Baekhyun gave him the quick instructions over the phone and then started fake sobbing, making it incredibly hard for Jongin not to laugh.

“I’m sorry Luhan, I have to leave. Baekhyun needs me, he had a huge fight with his boyfriend and as his best friend I have to be there for him.”

“Excuse me? You are just going to ditch me for Baekhyun?” Luhan ed and Jongin had to really hold back not to give him a piece of his mind for taking that tone about his best friend.

“Again, I’m sorry to end this date on such terms, but my best friend needs me. And to be honest, I don’t think we are really compatible. Sorry, don’t worry I will pay for the meal.” And while Luhan was still fuming and throwing a fit, Jongin walked towards the exit, paying for the meal on the way and walking towards his car. Thank god he suggested they meet at the restaurant, or else it would have been a very uncomfortable car ride with Luhan. The moment he sat down behind the wheel he checked his phone. Baekhyun obviously hung up and Jongin had a another notification from Instagram.

 

oohsehun:

Seems like I’m too late… Sorry if it seemed like I was messing with you when I said we could see eachother again… I really meant it. I’m sorry for wasting your time, have a nice evening..

 

kimm_jonginn:

No! Sorry Sehun I was on a date with this guy and couldn’t text back immediately.

 

oohsehun:

Oh… I see, sorry for disturbing your date…

 

kimm_jonginn:

You didn’t, I swear. He was really stuck up and arrogant, it was a terrible date.

 

oohsehun:

Why did you go on a date with him then haha?

 

kimm_jonginn:

My best friend forced me to, said something about how I should stop waiting for you to contact me…

 

oohsehun:

Oh god, I’m so sorry. I really didn’t mean to keep you waiting, honest. I just wanted to be able to really focus on you, when we finally talked…

 

kimm_jonginn:

What counts is the fact that you held your word, and I really want to focus on you too, but I have to drive home now, okay? I will text you as soon as I’m parked.

 

oohsehun:

Okay, no problem :) Don’t you dare look at your phone while you’re driving!

 

kimm_jonginn:

Haha, you’re so cute :) Don’t worry, I won’t. Can’t risk getting into a car accident now that I can finally talk to you again.

 

Jongin felt so happy right now he was almost sure he could grow wings and fly home, but he settled for just driving like a normal person would. Well not like a normal person, he did drive faster than he probably should. He parked as sloppily as a blind person and jumped out of his car. He fumbled with his keys to lock the car and ran to his apartment complex while checking his phone.

 

oohsehun:

Text me when you’re there :) Drive carefully!

 

kimm_jonginn:

Am at home :) How was the rest of the tour? Did you rest well?

 

Jongin jammed his key into the door downstairs, running inside and up the stairs to the third floor and slammed his apartment door open.

“OH MY ING GOD!” He yelled as soon as he stepped foot inside.

“DID YOU ANSWER? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG FOR HIM TO TEXT YOU, SHOW ME YOUR GODDAMN PHONE JONGIN!” Baekhyun forcefully took the phone from his hand and read over their messages, altering between squeals and hippo-mating-noises as his reaction.

“DUDE, NEW MESSAGE! OH , I FEEL SO BAD FOR SAYING THAT STUFF ABOUT HIM, HE IS THE CUTEST.”

 

oohsehun:

It was really great, I love meeting all of the fans :) everyone was so nice to me and gave me really thoughtful gifts even though they really didn’t have to… but I was actually really distracted for the events after yours…

 

“Awwww, he is just made out ing sugar isn’t he? Would also explain his sweet …OW!” Baekhyun hissed and held the back of his head where Jongin had just slapped him.

“I’m going to my room, I will keep you updated don’t worry. I will tell you all about it tomorrow.”

“TOMORROW?!” Baekhyun screeched, but Jongin wasn’t listening anymore.

 

kimm_jonginn:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter