Twelve (End)

Rain | Yoon Sanha

I was the one that pulled him out of the rain, that's what he said to me. That corner was something that he had feared. He tried to conquer that fear by trying to have it washed away with the rain. He tried to leave the memories frozen in the snow. He'd rather pretend then remember. That corner wasn't a special place to him. It was the place that nearly ended his life. The reason no one could see him was because he wasn't there. How I had seen him I don't know. Perhaps he had cried out just once to be seen. Perhaps I was the one that heard that cry. That's why he would always disappear after the rain. The reason he didn't appear on the second anniversary of the accident was because it pained him too much to know his best friend couldn't see him. He said that he woke up because of me. Because he actually wanted to be able to know me. Even if it was short, he wanted to remember me. I had fallen in love with the boy I met in the rain, the boy who almost lost his life on that very corner. He told me that he feared that corner. That he would have never wanted to go anywhere near it if it wasn't for me. Every time it rained he would be there. We would talk for hours. Just like we had before. Just like we would until the rain washed away memories.