she's mine, too (minayeon)

najeongmi drabbles

"But she's my daughter, too!" Nayeon unintentionally raised her voice because of the heated argument.

"Not anymore! Not after you left me, not after you left us!" Mina also raises her voice and this is the first time Nayeon have heard her this mad. That slapped her in the face and couldn't think of any response, "I...I'm sorry, I was—"

"Eomma?" the little Chaeyoung found her mommy and hid behind her when she saw a stranger talking to her eomma.

Mina wipes her teary eyes before facing her daughter, "Hey, little cub."

"There you are," another person joined in the conversation and left a peck on Mina's cheek. "We've been looking for you," she lifts Chaeyoung and the little cub giggles, "Appa!"

"Appa?" Nayeon asks, confused.

"Yeah, hehe, it's not my fault, Chaeyoung just called me that since the day she started talking," the short-haired woman said while looking at the cub.

"Oh, Jeongyeon, by the way," she stretched an arm and Nayeon hesitantly takes it, "and you are?"

"Nayeon, I'm Mina's—"

"Old friend, Nayeon's my friend from long time ago," Mina butts in, "Well, Nayeon, it's nice seeing you."

"Honey, if you want, Nayeon-ssi may come with us at home, you should catch up—"

"It's okay, besides, Nayeon unnie was about to leave too, right unnie?"

Heh, 'unnie.' With that bitter look and salty attitude Mina gave her, she does not let herself protest and there's no use anyways. Nayeon really wanted to see Mina and their child, to know Chaeyoung and be called her mom too, or 'Appa' or whatever the little kid wants to. She just wanted to be part of the family she let slip through her hands not too long ago. This is also my fault.

"Yeah, I just bumped into Mina, it's okay. I'll get going," she said trying hard to hide her disappointment through her voice.

"Oh, okay. Maybe next time?" Jeongyeon gleefully offered .

"Yeah, next time," she smiled bitterly and looks at the child on her arms, her daughter on the arms of a person she just met. That should be her, holding Chaeyoung and being recognized as one of her parents.

"Well, nice meeting you, Nayeon-ssi, bye bye" Jeongyeon waves her hand for Chaeyoung to follow and repeated the words 'bye bye' cutely and the cub follows.

"Bye, unnie," Mina said emotionless, almost feels like she never wanted to see Nayeon again, ever.

"Byiee~" she waves back to the toddler, bows to Jeongyeon and masked her emotions with a fake smile to Mina, "next time."