pain, pain, go away (jeongmi)

najeongmi drabbles

'It's over.'

She put her hand on her chest, hoping it will help. Help ease the pain that feels like a million arrows landed on it all at the same time. She clenches her fist so hard it might've caused a tear on her plain black shirt. Stop.

'We're over.'

She cries silently in one of the corners of her room and punches her own chest as it won't stop aching. Stop.

'I'm sorry, Mina.'

"Stop!" She finally yells, shouts, lets it all out as it was too much. She couldn't take the pain anymore. She shouts with hopes that maybe, just maybe, someone, anyone, might hear her and take it all away.

'I'm really sorry.'

She halts for the need to breathe. She needed to breathe because she feels like dying. She puts both of her hands on her face for a moment and wipes all her tears away. She sat in silence with the beat of a broken heart—if it's still beating.

The memory flashes back, again and again. "Please," she breathes and the only thing that makes her calm is rise and fall of her chest--at least she knows she still breathes, "stop," she almost just whispers.

She lets not but her inhales and exhales fill the void of silence that echoes through the room. She sat in silence as she feels her heart. It's throbbing.

If a beating heart means feeling this much, she wishes it would just stop right then and there. She sat in silence, alone, left with her own thoughts that are now more dangerous than anything else.

 

 


 

 

...because from the fics ive read, it's always jeongyeon who gets left behind.