Theater?

Interactions

It's been a total of two weeks living here, in my University. Everything was so-so. I mean, it's not that bad but it's not great too. So, yeah.

"Hey" I felt someone tapped my shoulder. No one touches me without my consent! Plus, I know no one here why would someone.... I flinched but I turned my head to look at the person. "Umm.. yeah?" I asked the person, making a confused face. He wore a cap and smiled at me brightly. Does he know me? I don't know him, of course. Have I done something wrong? Why did he suddenly called me? Did I wear something weird today???

That man gave me a small smile before talking. "here you go" he hands me a piece of paper.

*AUDITION FOR MUSICAL THEATER*

I read the whole thing in a glimpse and looked back at the man, asking for more details. "Why would he offered this to me...." I talked to myself, something I did out if habit.

The man chuckled before talking, "well, maybe because I think you may have a potential... by looking at your face. Oh and your voice is so soft, I didn't expect that" he compliment me making me blush. Gosh, I never good with compliments, I don't know how to react to it! Should I thank him or just shrug it off?

Anyways, I am interested, but how do I know that this isn't a scam? Back then in high school I used to join our school's choir club though..

"So, you know right about the infamous musical theatre club in our University?" He asked in a very -I would say so much- proud. I nodded head, I did heard my classmates talked about it earlier.

"Great! So we're having auditions for new students. We basically have two types of audition, for the crew and actors. Are you interested in any of the both?"

"Umm.."

"Well, nevermind!" He cut my words, "just come to Auditorium B tonight, 8:30 pm! Don't be late okay" he said as he pointed at the venue that has been stated in the small paper.

I nodded my head and muttered a small thanks before continuing to walk. Where was I going again? Ah yeah. Class. I glanced at my watch and noticed that I only got two minutes left before class starts. .

••••

I let out an exasperated breath when I got into the class. Thank god my lecturer didn't come yet or else I might get penalty for coming late to class. I'm in my first semester and I'm not interested in getting into trouble.... yet. It's too early for that.

"Yo why are you late?" My friend... Wait, I only knew him for like... Two weeks? Do I call him my friend now? Or is it too early to consider him as my friend? Acquaintance? Should I labelled him as my acquaintance instead?

"Hello???" Wonshik called me, gaining back my attention. "Are you okay? What happened?" Wonshik asked in concern. He gave a me a tissue which I'm sure he got that from the girl who sat next to him.

I took the tissue and wipe the sweats that formed while I was running. "Nah, someone detained me"

Wonshik frowned, needed more explanation. "What? Who?" Okay this is what tiring. When I have to explain..

"Some guy from musical theatre or something. I can't remember" I replied and gave the paper I got earlier to Wonshik.

"Oh cool!" Wonshik said as he continued reading the paper. "You going?"

"Yeah, maybe, I dunno"

Wonshik opened his mouth to say something but he didn't as he saw our lecturer walked in.

••••


Back and forth I don't know how it happens. But, yeah it happened. I stared at my phone reading the message I get just seconds ago.

'Congratulations! You are chosen to be one of the cast for the upcoming musical theatre! More details will be given later. Congratulations again!'

I actually was still considering about going or not to the audition, but Wonshik literally dragged me there and I could not run anymore. So I auditioned.

And so, I did not expect to be accepted as the cast. I mean, woah! That's cool, but I don't know what to feel. Should  I be happy or get worried because I don't know  if I could handle practicing and studying. I'm  bad at organizing my time. What if I ed  up because I get too busy? Ugh

Wonshik texted me, telling that he got the position in music management team or something. He was so excited when he told me. Why am I not as excited as he is?

I look at myself in the mirror. Joining a club or anything it means that I need to socialize. I don't hate socializing, but it's tiring. There's too much alien people I'm gonna meet and work with. I don't know how I'm going to handle this.

My roommate Chan suddenly appeared next to me in the mirror. "How's this?" He asked pointing at his outfit.

I looked at him up and down, "umm.. okay I guess. Where are you going anywhere?"

He grinned as he fixed his hair. "Meeting some girl."

"Already? It's only been three weeks" I stated. How fast he could be that in the third week he already have a date.

He chuckled and patted my shoulder, "the sooner the better".

I rolled my eyes before throwing my body on my bed. It must be nice to be someone that easily mingle with others. I took months to be comfortable with someone! Chan stayed in front of the mirror for a while before he walks back to his locker, spraying perfumes.

"You got a problem or something? What's with the long sighs and super troubled face you made earlier?" Chan suddenly asked, not looking at me as he was still examining himself in the mirror.

"Well, um... I joined some musical theatre or something. I'm just afraid that I can't handle things well. I might going to be busy and stuffs. Ugh I don't know!" I explained to him.

Chan approached me who's sprawled on the bed. He rubs my back softly, "you can do this!"

"How do you know" I asked him back.

"I don't. But I'm trying to give you positive vibes, you know. I actually heard somewhere that joining musical theatre will get you tired and you'll be facing a lot of difficulties. But anyhow, you'll survive. Just be positive!" Well, that's not helping. At all. But at least he's trying to be positive

"Okay. I'm going now!" Chan finally announced after he's satisfied with his look. "Okay. Good luck!" I yelled as he disappears out of my sights.

Thinking back about what chan have said earlier.... Seriously, what did I get myself into?