Do you know me?

Until We Meet Again.

Present Day

The sirens blaring filled Chanyeol's ears as he struggled to take a deep breath. The searing pain on his back made it really hard for him to keep his eyes open. Warm liquid kept running down his face as he tried to position himself so that his back hurt less. Every movement he made hurt like hell. A bolt of pain shot from his legs to his brain as he tried to move his legs that were trapped between the seat of the car and the dashboard. The steering wheel felt cold as he gripped it tight enough to keep himself awake, trying to concentrate on anything but the pain his body felt. The windshield of his brand new car that was now nothing but a series of cracks which would break the minute anyone touched it or maybe they were already broken he couldn't figure it out or the smoke that swirled in the air before going upwards or the noise of the sirens that now felt nearer than before.  Just a few more minutes Chanyeol. Just a few minutes more. He kept chanting. His head was a mess right now and he was kept blacking out every other second. His breathing ragged as he tried but failed to stay calm and composed. He couldn't keep his eyes open anymore. Maybe he should close them just for a bit. As the voices of the siren grew closer his eyes began drooping. He could finally hear a car come to a halt and the door of his car pulled open. He felt a hand on his shoulder just as he was about to close his eyes completely. He turned to look at the figure but his blurry eyes couldn't make out what the person was saying. All Chanyeol could notice was a small mole on the left side of his  upper lip as he felt his body go limp towards his saviour.  

 

Chanyeol woke up startled, his body covered in cold sweat. The dream felt too real this time. He coughed a few times to get rid of the choking feeling he felt in his throat. A pain shot up  his from his spine to his brain and he closed his eyes for a minute, reminding him that it wasn't just a dream.  It had actually been a reality six months ago. That day when his brand new Lexus RX had just been delivered to his office. He hadn’t let anyone touch his car. Not even his driver. This car had been his first ever purchase after his Company, Toben Inc. won the best company of the year award fourth time in a row.

TOBEN INC., named after his beloved pet dog,  had been established in his small studio apartment with his best friend, Kim JongIn, who was now the CFO. Going through thicks and thins together both of them had managed to bring the company to what it was now. They had maintained the top position for four consecutive years. To celebrate this success they had a grand party held for all the employees,  where the CEO had announced a week long holiday for everyone as they all had worked hard throughout the year.  Park Chanyeol known to the board of directors and competitors was a ruthless CEO who didn't look back once the decision was made not letting anyone harm the company. The Park Chanyeol known to his employees was a  kind hearted CEO who always took care of his employees but was ruthless and unsparing when you tried jeopardizing the Company. After the party, Chanyeol had left really excited to drive his new car. He even avoided alcohol so that he could drive. Just as he stepped outside it began drizzling. Chanyeol ran towards his car not waiting for the valet to get it for him. B with excitement he sat inside started the engine. The sound of the machine was music to his ears. He smiled. And began moving forward. The mere drizzle had now turned into fat drops of rain banging down on the car. The road turned misty and Chanyeol decided, dejectedly of course, that it was better he went back to the apartment and wait for a sunny day to go out with his Lexus. A sunny day long empty roads, clear blue skies and a sea on one side of the road. That sounded so much better.

He took the upcoming U Turn back towards his apartment completely forgetting about the rainy roads and lost control. The Lexus swiveled a few times before ramming straight into the railing along side the road, the windshield breaking on contact. Chanyeol's world spinned from consciousness to unconsciousness before blacking out completely, only to wake up to white walls, beeping machines, wires, an oxygen mask and a severe body pain. It was a miracle he had survived. The doctors had lost hope in him when he slipped into coma right after the surgery and didn't show any signs of improvements at all in the next few weeks. But his best friend, Kim JongIn, had been adamant to wait for a little while longer. And surely after almost  3 months of nothing but only beeping of the machines Chanyeol had finally opened his eyes. He still remembered his friend's face, tears running down his face with a large smile plastered on his face and snot on his nose, quite a sight it was if you ask Chanyeol. Chanyeol was finally back. JongIn had hugged him, cursed him almost strangled him for not being careful and had stayed with him the whole time so that he could recover well.

This was what he always dreamt about ever since he came back to consciousness  but tonight the dream had been a bit different. He had heard a car stopping. And a person trying to get him outside the car. No one ever mentioned a person. He was sure it wasn't the doctors or the ER team because he had been in the hospital long enough to know everyone by their names. All they knew was that there had been an anonymous phone call about the accident and that's it. They figured it might have been someone who was shy enough to come forward and not wanting to make them feel uncomfortable neither him nor JongIn had bothered to look into who it was. But now after the dream he was curious, too curious, to find out who it could be. But  only thing he remembered about the person from his dreams was the small mole above his upper lip. And this could be anyone. It could be a guy or a girl he didn't know.

He tapped around his bed until his hands found his phone. The lock screen read 5 am. It was too early to disturb someone on a weekend but he knew his best friend wouldn't mind. So without any second thoughts he called his best friend right at the brink of dawn. Surprisingly he picked up at the second ring. JongIn was a heavy sleeper. There had been instances where he had slept for 24hrs straight with no care of the world. So him picking up this early and that too on a weekend would only mean one thing. Something was bothering him.

"Hey Yeol, what is it? Does your back hurt too much? Are you not feeling well? Should I come over? I told you to let me stay with you for another week but you don't listen. Will say something now?" JongIn said as soon as he picked up his voice etched with worry. Now Chanyeol felt a bit bad for calling this early.  

"Oh wow, good morning to you too. And to answer your questions no I'm not hurting I'm completely alright and my back is doing well apart from the occasional pain. But it'll be better soon. " He answered.

"Oh thank god. You scared me for a moment there. Anyways, so why did you call me so early in the morning if you aren't in pain?"

"Because I missed you?"

"Bull"

"Okay you got me there. But i had a question"

"Of course"

"Do you know if there was someone with me when you guys found me? "

"uh.. um..  As far as I know, I don't think so. Where is this coming from?"

" Well it might sound stupid but, I had a dream that-"

"Yep sounds stupid. But continue. I'm wide awake anyway."

So Chanyeol told him about the dream and the man with the mole.  

"Maybe it was just a dream I don't really know anything." Chanyeol finished.

"Yeah. I'll try looking into it if you want."

"You're the best friend ever. Now let me sleep it's a weekend"

"What the hell? Is this what a get to for being the best best friend and listening to your dream AT 5 IN THE MORNING AND THAT TOO ON A WEEKEND?

"Well when you put it that way.."

"That's what I thought. Go sleep Yeol. The man your dreams might make another appearance. "

Chanyeol cut the call after exchanging goodnights and byes.  

**

It was a bright Monday morning and Chanyeol was at a small coffee shop "EXO Coffee Bar" going through some important files that  JongIn had sent to him. He would like to pretend that it was an amazing morning lets face it, it was the worst thing ever. He would rather be somewhere he atleast had a chance to find his Mole man.

Speaking of him, he has been having strange dreams about places he never been to, meeting artists he doesnt remember meeting, living in a small apartment that we was sure wasn't his college dorm room or the place where he lived now. He had another dream this morning, about a coffee shop, this particular coffee shop where he was sitting at right now. He had dreamt of coming here with a small petite guy. he still couldn't make out his face. Maybe he was just being hopeful or merely stupid but he was sure the guy had the mole on his upper lip and for some reason he thought he could meet the guy here.  At first he found the dream stupid, but his stupid mind had brought him here following all the things he had seen in his dream. The coffee shop was an exact replica of what he had seen in his dream. from the dim lightings to the paintings on the wall. He was even accustomed with the smell of the coffee and unbelievably tasty baked goods. Everything had felt so familiar as soon as he entered the shop. It gave him a homely feel. Like he had been staying here for months to the end. Even the guy with the monolids at the counter was someone Chanyeol was sure he knew and had seen somewhere but couldn’t pinpoint where. So being his stupid self, he confidently marched towards the counter.

“Excuse me, have we met before.. umm Minseok-ssii?” Chanyeol asked sporting his best friendly smile.The name came up out of no where. How did he know the name?

“Wow, that was the worst pick up line I’ve heard. And how do you even know my real name?” Chanyeol didnt really know how he knew the name but that was the first thing that came to his mind.

“Well uh..”

“Are you a stalker or something Oh god and I thought this was the safest part of Seoul. ”

“Stalker? what? No.”

“Like I am going to believe a stalker.”

“I’m not a stalker.”

“That’s what every stalker says the first time.” Minseok shrugged his shoulders. He began taken the orders one by one.

“Look mr. Minseok, i don’t know how i know your “real” name but one thing I’m sure of is that i am not a stalker” Chanyeol tried to explain.

“Stop saying it.” Minseok whisper shouted.

“Saying what, Minseok-ssi?” Chanyeol asked utterly confused.

“My real name, You stalker.” He hissed.

“I will, if you stop calling me a stalker.” Chanyeol smirked.

“It still wont change the fact that you are a stalker.” Folding his hands and eyeing Chanyeol.

“Listen-”

“KIM MINSEOK-SSI WHY ARE YOU FLIRTING WITH THE CUSTOMERS WHILE THERE IS A LINE BEHIND THE COUNTER?”  A loud voice bombarded through the cafe and Chanyeol swore a silence fell. Both him and Minseok turned towards the voice.

“Yaah Baekhyun, I told you to not call me Minseok. Its Xiumin. It has been Xiumin for 5 years now. “ Minseok said as the Baekhyun person walked towards them.

With every step he took Chanyeol’s breath stuck in his lungs. The man that stood in front of him had to be the most beautiful being he had ever seen. Supple skin that was a bit tan from what he remembered in from his dream,soft and lush obsidian black locks, droopy blue orbs for his eyes that still hadn’t noticed him; they were trained on minseok or xiumin or whatever the name of the monolid guy was;  cute round nose, lips held tight in a straight line, he was as short as the guy in Chanyeol’s dream, petite but well built. Those blue eyes turned from angry to confused as he heard minseok say something on the lines of “if it wasn’t for this stalker,” and Chanyeol had to roll his eyes.  Baekhyun’s gaze swung towards him and Chanyeol was sure a fickle of recognition passed through those orbs before it was replaced with a nonchalant expression.  

“What stalker are you talking about xiumin hyung? I don’t see a stalker anywhere.” Chanyeol would have smirked at Minseok at Baekhyun’s statement if his eyes had not travelled down to Baekhyun’s lips and his gaze hadn’t zeroed in on the small mole  the man had on his upper lips. Every sound around the him stopped all he could see was the mole, all he could hear was his heart beating crazily; he looked at the mole and back at baekhyun’s face. He could be wrong, this could be someone else entirely, and this wasn’t the first time it was happening. In the past few weeks he had come in contact with a few people with the exact same mole but no one was the person who saved him so the probability for this guy to be the one was just next to zero but he still couldn’t shake this feeling from his heart. The more the thought about it, the more his head hurt, his legs went weak, he stumbled a bit forward as white spots clouded his vision before everything went black.

 

Something cold hit his face as he stirred from his slumber. He tried opening his eyes but his head hurt a bit but so he decided to lay down for a few more seconds before trying again.

“Oh he is awake now I think.”

“Hey stalker are you awake? Ahh.” aloud smack could be heard.

“You dont just call anyone a stalker” The voice that sounded like mole guy whispered.

“But he knew my name, my real name.” Minseok argued and Chanyeol had the urge to roll his eyes.

“Almost  half the staff here calls you Minseok, he must have heard it sometime.” Smart.

“I know I stalker when I see one.”  Bull

“ Oh please you even called Old John a stalker” Baekhyun argued.

“He was”

“He is blind, hyung”

“ Ok i might have been wrong once, but to be honest he gives the stalker vibes.”

“I dont think so”

“Why are you so sure he isn’t a stalker.??”

"I am not sure, I'm just giving him a benefit of doubt because I dont trust your instincts one percent."

“Dont come crying to me when he breaks your heart then” Xiumin all but shouted.

“Where did my heart break come in the picture from?” ?Baekhyun asked thoroughly confused just like Chanyeol.

Chanyeol decided he better get up before things got out of hand.  He opened his eyes and mumbled a “I am up not that anyone cares” and was promptly ignored by both of the men towering over him who kept fighting over hypothetical things like ‘Chanyeol maybe here to kidnap Xiumin’ or ‘How their new coffee machine broke because Xiumin was always busy  flirting’ (this was Mole guy) .

He got up trying to get their attention to him. He was a 186cm tall giant but never in his entire life had he felt so ignored. Both of them kept throwing unrelated insults, voice an octave higher than the previous time,  towards each other which weren’t even making sense. He looked around the cafe and to his surprise the staff and the customers seemed totally unfazed by this crazy banter as if this was a everyday thing for them. Someone else was manning the register as the person in charge was not doing his job. Whispers flew around such as ’here they go again’, ’don't they get bored fighting over those same things everyday’, ‘No one would believe that xiumin hyung is almost 5 years older’, ‘ Their lovers spat never ends’, ‘Such childish behaviour’. Chanyeol chuckled at this. This seemed to make baekhyun pause for a second.

“Wait what were we fighting about exactly?” He as xiumin.

“And you said- Uh I don't remember, something to do with the coffee machine breaking maybe?" Xiumin suggested.

"Possible or maybe you flirting with the customers?" Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol couldn't believe it. They had basically forgot his existence. A customer who had fainted was left forgotten on the floor and they didn’t even remember. He cleared his throat. They looked at him with confused eyes.

“I am completely fine by the way, just saying” He said and both of their eyes went wide.

“Oh Mr.Park, Are you alright? Lets sit down a bit” Baekhyun asked concerned and took him towards a corner table.

“I just said I am fine  and how do you know me?” Chanyeol asked no one ever recognised him if he wasn’t in the formal office clothes. He looked like a college student when he wore his tracks, hoodies and the cap. So he was surprised that baekhyun even recognized him.

“Uh.. what do you mean how? Everyone knows the handsome CEO of Toben Inc. It's hard not to recognise you” Moleguy said with a kind smile.

Not used to be called handsome Chanyeol felt a blush travel up his face and his ears turned hot. “Thanks, I guess.”

"Oh I didn't even introduce my self. My name's Par-er  Byun Baekhyun. Its nice to meet you" Baekhyun cursed at his slip. But Chanyeol caught on. Park Baek? why does it sound familiar? 

"Park Chanyeol. But you already know it" He smiled.

“What I am interested in though is what is a CEO doing here in such a small cafe?” Baekhyun asked genuinely curious.

“Well this will sound stupid but.. um .. I don't know how to say this.” Chanyeol hesitated. 

“Take your time. I’m sure it must have been something really important for you to come all the way here in this small cafe. I'll get you a coffee by then. What would you like to drink?” Baekhyun’s voice sounded soothing and Chanyeol thought that maybe he could trust him just once. The way he spoke it felt like baekhyun understood what he was going through right now.

“Surprise me.” Chanyeol said with a kind smile which baekhyun returned with one of his own bright one his eyes forming crescents as he did so. Chanyeol felt a strange calmness in his heart after seeing that smile and his lips stretched a bit more as he watched Baekhyun walk up to the counter to get their coffees.

Baekhyun soon returned with their coffees. “ I didn't know what to get so I played safe and brought a simple Mocha for you, I hope you don't mind.” he said sheepishly. Chanyeol chuckled. He didn't actually have a defined taste in coffee. And he liked a mocha better than other types so it went well. He took a sip and moaned in appreciation to which he heard baekhyun chuckle but he didn't mind.

“So did you think about how you are going to tell me why are you here?” Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol took one last sip of his coffee and kept it back on the table. He looked baekhyun right in his eyes.

“ Since you know me, you must also know that I had an accident a few months back.” Baekhyun nodded slowly.

“Since the day I was discharged, I kept having nightmares about that accident. But then one night I dreamed of something different. The whole dream itself remained the same but a small thing changed. That night i dreamed of being saved by someone before the ER team arrived. Someone who kept me awake just a minute longer before i completely out and saved me from giving up at the last minute. Someone who had a mole above his upper lip.” Baekhyun’s hand instinctively reached to touch his mole but he didn’t say anything. Chanyeol continued,  “Yeah just like the one you have. But the dreams didn't stop there. Once i dreamt of sitting exactly at this place watching a guy and minseok arguing about something just like you both were today, and then this morning I dreamed about coming here to the cafe once again but I wasn't alone. There was someone with me, someone who had the same mole and was laughing at something that person seemed happy which in turn made me happy. I remember getting up with a smile on my face. ”

“Now I know this might sound a bit far fetched but i have a feeling that the person from my dreams was you. I totally understand if you want me to leave right now and don't ever want me to show my face again because all this is just based on my feelings and the chance of me being wrong once again is 99.99% but I am still holding on that 0.01% that maybe it is actually you. Because I'm tired right now. You wont believe this, but for the past few weeks I've lived my life trying to find my saviour. I've almost met thirty people who could have been the saviour. But sadly there was no one. So this time I decided that it would be the last time i look for them. I just wanted to thank the person once. I am genuinely grateful for what he/she did for me. But if you're not the one, I'll just have to stop myself and accept the fact that I lost this person forever and maybe we weren't meant to cross the paths ever again. ” Tears had now started streaming down his face but he smiled through them. He his gazed had fallen from Baekhyun's eyes to coffee cup in his hands because he didn't have the courage to see what Baekhyun thought of him.He had never told anyone the whole story just what was important but then something told him Baekhyun could understand. 

Is this really happening? Baekhyun thought. Is this finally it? If Chen was here today, he would’ve said, ‘ Lover boy kept his promise and has come back to his senses’.  Oh how he missed that little whiney ghost. 

___________________________

 

So thats the first part I guess. 

Please let me know how it is.

Thank you guys<3