Happy Birthday Seokjin

Smol Jin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi sits back in his chair. He blinks his eyes multiple times, each time his sight gets clearer. He looks at the clock at the edge of his workspace. How long had he been in the studio? Probably the whole day. As much as he has a lot left to do, tomorrow is a special day and he doesn’t want to miss any moment of it.

“Ah, Jinnie’s present,” Yoongi reminds himself while he slid his laptop into his bag.

On the small couch that Yoongi usually naps on, a big furry brown teddy bear lies on it. It was something Seokjin wanted because it reminded him of Yoongi which he can’t relate to. He was told by Seokjin that he looks like a cuddly brown bear. Well, if Seokjin likes it and it does no harm, he isn’t going to say no.

When he steps out of the building, he shuddered from the sudden temperature change. It is snowing in Korea as it is the winter season. Good thing he has to carry the big present with both his hands, passersby might wonder why is an adult carrying such a big teddy but it doesn’t matter to him if it means he can benefit from the thick fur.

His apartment is located near his studio, this makes it easy for him to travel to and back from work. The street isn’t busy since it is almost midnight, leaving a few cars that drove fast on the empty road. The walkway is covered by the snow with footsteps left on it. The orange streetlights shine above Yoongi’s head. He passes by few bars that are lively inside. Overall, the scenery is beautiful, a reproduction of what you read in books.

As he turns into the street where his apartment is located, a stray dog was lingering outside of a closed restaurant. There was still light coming out from the restaurant so Yoongi guesses they are currently cleaning. He knows the lady boss of this restaurant extremely loves animals, she won’t neglect or close an eye if an animal comes to her.

‘She must be too busy to notice the dog,’ Yoongi thought. He stops in front of the entrance and knocks on the door. After confirming that the lady boss will open the door, he continues walking back to his apartment. He looks back and caught a glimpse of its tail before it disappears into the restaurant.

-Flashback, 5 years ago-

 Yoongi sighs as he looks down at his palm. He was given a little more than last time because his track was used by a popular idol group and it was being played all over the place. It is a little more but it isn’t enough. Firstly, his track that he puts all his effort into was under someone else’s name. It was also used in a meaningless bubblegum pop song that sold millions and gained millions of profit for the company. Yet, they can’t give him a sensible amount.

“This will do,” Yoongi says to himself. He assures himself that he is fine, he ate a little for lunch given by the kind neighbor. She said that Yoongi reminded her of her son who is working overseas which explains why she treats him as if he is her own. If it isn’t for her, he would be skipping meals often. For such an old nice lady, he wishes that her son would come back to her just so he could see her most genuine and happiest smile.

He climbs up the stairs of the building he lives in, a small apartment which is able to accommodate one to two people. Although it is small, it is enough for him. It’s not like he’ll be getting a partner anyway. He can get through life on his own, it’s easier that way.

Yoongi searches in his pocket for his keys. Not being aware of what’s in front of him, he kicked something. The surroundings were dark so all he coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter