AU : The children of the sea

Don't delete the kisses

/ Alternate universe.

 

The children of the sea

 

When Sana was young, she used to take the bus to go see the sea.

But it isn’t the sea any human could see.

Sana took the bus for the third time this year, spring was already there with its old friend: the sun. The vehicle looked old, it only travelled for the locals, for old men and women sometimes kids with their family that went visiting their eldest. The vehicle body had a camel color with green lines, probably an old model from the past century.

To take the bus, Sana had to take the train first, leaving behind her the city. From tall blinding’s, to houses, to farms. Once she reached the countryside, there was no other locomotion than those old timeless buses. She looked through the dirty window, arms crossed and hoped for the time to stop. She could clearly remember the times she took the same ticket for the land. The bus driver knew her, they always shared little smiles before driving off the pollution of the cities.

Guard you from Miyavi was playing inside her earphones full of tape. Sometimes the sound stopped and Sana had to rearrange the cords to be able to listen his calming voice. After an hour, her feet met the land. Wind was coming from the sea, she could breathe and she opened her arms. The bus left, she was alone under a blue sky and a welcoming sun. Her white and yellow dress, designed with many little sunflowers danced with the breeze and she almost lost her hat.

She opened her eyes and started to walk. On her right side there was green fields, on her left there was other green fields. The path she took was made of dry crackling soil. Sana walked slowly, taking time to look at the sky, the music still softly ringing inside her ears. She didn’t took any bag, just her phone, her earphones and her hat. A ladybird came close, she started to land on Sana’s hat that was walking proudly with her new little friend.

From afar we could see a lonely red letterbox. It was bend and rusted.

She arrived in front of the letterbox, she pulled out her earphones and placed her phone next to another one. From there, we could see the calm waves moving under the ray of lights, almost blinding Sana.

She was smiling. Her heart was beating fast, many emotions percolated through her heart. She started to walk faster, reducing the space between the sea and her soul. Seagulls started to fly above her head, following her wild chase after the sea. Her hat almost flew, she had to press a hand against the top of her head, the wind blowing a little bit more, bringing the salt in its journey.

Soon she reached the cliff. There was a little path carved on the rock, it could be very dangerous. She ran down the cliff like an ant travelling inside its huge burrow. From afar she was barely visible with pastel colors adorning her dress.

Once down the rocky wall, she looked up.

A girl was pushing a little blue bark towards the sea. There was no other soul on the pebbly beach, only seagulls, waves and the dark haired girl.

- Dahyun ! The girl looked up too and their eyes met. It was an intimate moment between Dahyun, Sana and the sea. Sana closed the gap between them, wrapping her arms around Dahyun’s shoulders. Her hat fell down, her hair dancing with the wind while she closed her eyes. It was a warm embrace, so warm that at that moment the sun started to decline.

- My little coral.. Dahyun ran her thumb against Sana’s wrist. She had an old scar, she injured herself years ago under the sea against a coral reef. Her best memory, swimming in the middle of colors. Blue, red, yellow, green fish loved their calm presence, Sana used to let herself sink to watch them approach above her breathing body.

Together, after a warm embrace under Poseidon’s eyes, water their shoes, they pushed the bark until it floated. They took out their shoes, pushing a little farther the bark and they jumped inside. Dahyun took the paddles and she rowed. Sana remembered about her hat but when she looked at the land, she saw a Seagull coming with her little hat, dropping it inside the bark.

The girls laughed together, truly happy. Dolphins started to show their fins, swimming near the bark. They whistled along Sana’s voice. She was singing French songs about the sea, the sirens and Dahyun’s beauty.

- Plus belle que la mer, aussi forte que les vagues !* (more beautiful than the sea, stronger than the waves !) She sang, holding her hand. She raised a hand, touching the sun, holding it between her palms as it disappeared behind the end of the world.

Once the land became invisible for the eye, Dahyun stopped rowing. She put the paddles inside the bark and they both came closer from each other. Their brown orbs met, the sea lit up under the stars. Night came without a word. Sana took Dahyun’s hand and they let their heart talk to each other, her thumb Dahyun’s pale skin. Fish swam in circle around the bark, calling them to join their celebration.

- We should go, Dahyun whispered. Sana agreed and they both undressed under the fireflies (stars). They stood up, looking at the horizon. They intertwined their fingers and once the blue whale jumped out of the water, they dove inside the ocean to be welcomed by a colorful world. The fish sang, the whale swam to show the way near the reef and they both followed. They breathed under water.

A curious little purple and blue fish stopped in front of Sana’s eyes, making her squint in a manner that made Dahyun heart flutter.

- I’m here to welcome our princess ! It said with a proud voice. Sana finally smiled, floating under water, her delicate hand caressing the fish.

- Thank you little Siamese ! Sana chuckled before they all could swim through the kingdom of fish. Soon they reached a huge castle made of coral. Sana and Dahyun looked so small, only the whale couldn’t enter inside the colorful place. It was pink and blue. Octopus hid to let the beauty of the coral being shown. The fish aligned to let the girls swim until they reached the entry.

- Wait ! Dahyun stopped near the enormous arch, sharks swimming behind the natural structure. Sana focused on Dahyun, a little bit lost. Dahyun swam near one of the sea urchins, she murmured something and soon, the whole castle became gilded. It shone so brightly that at the surface we could see the lights coming from under water. Sana’s tears confounded themselves with the water, she was deeply moved by her soulmate’s surprise.

- I remember your mother telling you how the castle shone when you emerged from foam. You still shine in our kingdom or in the land, you’re our princess. Dahyun took Sana’s hand to make her fall into reality. They swam, intruding the castle full of diversity. It had stairs, fish, octopus, little sharks, treasures, alga and colors. After swimming across the castle, they approached the carcass of a boat. Pirates used to get lost and from time to time, their boasts became their new house. They entered inside the huge wooden structure until reaching the cabin. Dahyun closed the door and blew air with power. The oxygen replaced the water and they could finally breathe like real humans.

- Oh, we shouldn’t forget to bring our little prince next time. Sana pouted, arms crossed. Her wet hair was hiding half of her face and Dahyun felt the need to caress her cheek and then combing her hair.

- Isn’t he too young ? Dahyun frowned but Sana kissed away the confusion.

- He’s born here, it’s time for him to know where he comes from, Dahyun knew she couldn’t hide the truth from their child, born from their love inside their kingdom but she was scared he would chose sea over land. If men found about them, what would happen ? It would be a disaster for their species living among beautiful creatures.

- Then, next time we’ll call the full moon to welcome him, we’d ask Josephine (a very friendly whale, coming by from time to time) to make him visit around our- his castle ! Sana’s eyes lit up and she started to spiral around the cabin, dancing, laughing under Dahyun’s gaze. She couldn’t describe how much she loved her princess. She fell in love the very first day she came out of the seashell, a body without any imperfection, bare. Dahyun was born only minutes after Sana but it took her less time to swim and discover the outside world. She couldn’t count how many hours she talked to the princess, convincing her not to be afraid. Together, they swam until today, Dahyun being Sana’s little universe, she’d follow her until the end of times.

- I hope he won’t be afraid, I believe this time you’ll be his guardian. Dahyun wrapped her arms around Sana’s slender body and they fell into a warm hug. Their child was born blind, he would never see the colors but sometimes, through his eyelids, if the colors shone bright he could see. It was also a gift for him to feel, to touch, to imagine.

- May the dolphins sing for him, Sana whispered before kissing Dayhun’s temple.

 

And the dolphins sang, guiding the little prince through the night. The full moon bathed him under its light and the whale protected him under its fin.

 

 

A/N : Hello it's short but I've been busy. It's a little gift for you, thank you for your patience. I dearly love you my cute readers.

(It's in italic I am sorry my computer has a huge problem, I can't do otherwise..)