Be alright (always)

Don't delete the kisses

the hard times are golden

'Cause they all lead to better days

Be alright – Ariana Grande

 

 

Accidents happen.

 

Unsurprisingly often when you work as an idol. Dahyun didn’t hurt her ankle in a sudden move, things are more complicated than this. TWICE have been dancing, recording and singing for numerous days, hard days under the cold weather with warm blankets over their shoulders.

 

Jihyo happened to be the one witnessing Dahyun’s weird moves. While recording Heart Shaker, she saw how Dahyun used to put all of her weight on her right leg. The night after, it was Sana’s turn to notice how Dahyun struggled to make some moves.

 

“Are you okay ?” Sana asked out of the blue when they ended one of their night at the studio. The members were going home but Sana was there and Jihyo too. They were worried about it but totally forgot how stubborn Dahyun could be.

 

“Nothing much, we practiced too much and I believe if I rest a bit it’s going to be okay !” Being an idol doesn’t mean being perfect. Dahyun wasn’t aware of her mistake, neither did Sana and Jihyo by hoping the pain will vanish with some rest. They took care of Dahyun, looking after her but she seemed to be doing just fine while going back home.

 

▬▬▬

 

It didn’t happen during exercising. Most of the members were at the dorm to take some real rest after their hard work. Dahyun simply lost balance and hurt her already painful ankle. She almost fell, whining while holding herself against the door.

 

Jihyo heard a little yelp and ran out of her room only to see a crying Dahyun. She quickly understood what was going on. The dark head couldn’t put her feet on the ground anymore and Jihyo absolutely regretted for not being the great leader she wished she could be. This need to be perfect was a true issue. It was hard to be the one in charge and despite the fact that no one ever asks her to be their superhero inside the dorm, she wants to be the one taking care of the kids.

 

“Hey, come here.. how did you hurt yourself ?” Jihyo squatted down, looking for the dark bruises around Dahyun’s ankle. She lightly pressed her fingers against the cold skin and earned a new yelp.

 

“I just slipped and it hurts, it hurts so much!” Dahyun was drying her tears while Jihyo stood up. Many fans think that staff members are always there but the truth is, once they have no schedule, they have enough intimacy. This is why Jihyo had to make a decision; call a staff member or the manager. Or be quicker and take Dahyun to the hospital all by herself.

 

Jeongyeon was taking a shower, Mina playing games inside of her room in the dark so Jihyo basically choose for the best thing to do; carry Dahyun on her back. She had hurt her knees earlier that year but she felt like she had to take care of the members, always and without any regret or any hesitation.

 

“Can you put on your winter padding ?” Jihyo asked while quickly putting on some warm clothes and boots. Dahyun tried to jump on one feet but it became tiring. She sighed, stopping near the door with a defeated face. Unfortunately, as a Gemini, Dahyun inherited insecure genes which lead to very dark and negative thoughts.

 

“That’s okay, I can.. just call the manager and-” At the very same time loud steps could be heard through the dorm. Sana just woke up from her nap and slid down the corridor with her panda slippers and a worried face.

 

“We’re going to take you there, don’t worry, protection squad!” Sana was already helping Dahyun to put on her winter cloth. Jihyo was ready, they had to make it quick, it was already late and no one wanted to waste a good night of sleep. Sana zipped the winter padding with a little smile on the corner of her lips while Dahyun’s heart was beating fast.

 

How could Sana always know what was going on ? Did she had a special radar for her ? She thought.

 

“Come here, hop on my back.” Jihyo’s soft voice was very comforting. Maybe Dahyun had to calm down and prevent herself from crying. She never saw Jihyo shedding a tear despite this hard spring and summer with her knees problems and she tried her best to become a tough person. The thing is it was hard to go against your own nature and fight against your bad habits such as denigration.

 

“Okay, let’s go now..” Dahyun wasn’t heavy and Jihyo had strong thighs and strong arms. Under this cold early winter (autumn had already packed its luggage’s) they made their way through the calm city. Sana brought no winter clothes, too worried about her dear friend. She had a mickey plaid hanging on her shoulders, messy hair, her glasses on and her slippers getting wet because of the thin layer of snow.

 

“It’s cold, it’s cold !” She kept saying while avoiding as much as she could the coldest spots. Soon enough they arrived at the hospital.

 

“You hadn’t the obligation to come you silly..” Dahyun whispered while hugging Jihyo to avoid slipping down her back. Jihyo knees started to hurt, well maybe this was a real bad idea she thought. They will have real troubles once the manager learns about how they dealt with the situation.

 

“We need to go to the emergency room..” Jihyo was looking for the right entrance. Sana found the right door first, knocking at the door while two doctors came rushing towards the girls. They recognized the members but stayed professional. They asked Jihyo to put Dahyun on the white bed near the door. They weren’t the only people waiting in the emergency room, Sana noticed but for once, she couldn’t care less. She felt guilty.

 

“When did it happen ?” One of the doctors asked, taking it seriously since Dahyun was an idol, unfortunately. They made a whole checkup. Jihyo texted the other members on kakaotalk and Sana kept holding Dahyun’s hand. She had that sad stare, full of guilt and love. It’s no news they had a strong bound and it was also no news that everyone knew something was going on.

 

“You see, it’s nothing guys.. I’m fine.” Dahyun smiled for the first time that night. They put some ice on her ankle, she had medicine to take and she needed some rest. Doctors warned her about some moves while dancing and what to do to help the pain to vanish. It wasn’t a big deal but enough to disrupt their schedule.

 

“Yeah, you’re fine..” Sana breathed before kissing Dahyun’s cheek. Jihyo sighed in relief, they spend less than an hour at the hospital and they could go back to the dorm.

 

“I guess we’re on for a new piggy back ride !” Jihyo tried to cheer but Sana stopped her with a hand on her shoulders.

 

“I’m taking care of that.”

 

“But you’re wearing slippers, it’s not a good idea unless you want to catch a cold !” Jihyo warned not really sure about this bad idea. But Sana was stubborn and had that cute face that no one could resist.

 

“I’m going to get sick anyways.” She found it was a good excuse and squatted down to let Dahyun hop on her back. The dark head was a bit hesitant. Of course she liked Sana’s boldness and she felt the need to cuddle and feel her friend closer from her but if Sana got sick she would feel remorseful.

 

“Sana, they gave me crutches ! It’s.. It’s okay !” Dahyun put on a smile but she saw Sana’s pleading eyes. This was her weakness, even Jihyo was melting.

 

“Please..” This simple sentence worked. Dahyun hoped on Sana’s back and Jihyo took the crutches. Together, they made their way outside the hospital. It was almost midnight, wind started to grew stronger and the girls rushed under the snowy road to avoid getting sick. Sana was shivering, Dahyun tried her best to keep her warm with her arms and Jihyo kept talking about how everything was going to be fine. She would handle the matter towards the manager.

 

“Thank you.. Both of you.” Sana was taking out Dahyun’s winter padding while Jihyo was untying her shoes. Mina was the first to come help the girls, asking if everything was okay. Soon, Jeongyeon was there too, telling the girls to go back to bed and if Dahyun needed help she knew where was her door.

 

The girls went on separate ways, Jihyo shot a last smile towards Sana and Dahyun and left both of them in the living room. They knew they couldn’t stay up too late, Sana had troubles waking up lately and Dahyun needed some rest. But they were ready to break the rules and stay a little bit more.

 

“I don’t like when you act like my superhero.” Dahyun blurted out. Sana frowned while helping Dahyun sitting down on their huge couch.

 

“I’m not acting like one..”

 

“You are. You don’t need too.. You’re not the only one who can take care of me.” At this, Sana carefully sat down. She had that confused look all over her face.

 

“I want to, I can’t do otherwise..” She breathed. This was so serious that it made Dahyun uncomfortable. She wasn’t into real and serious talk, it used to add stress inside her mind already full of it.

 

“If you say so.. I’m just afraid you might get tired of me.” Sana almost had a heart attack when she heard those words from Dahyun’s mouth. If there was one thing that could hurt her heart was her friend’s doubts about her loyalty. She liked Dahyun, no she loved her. Those words slapped her right on the face and broke her heart.

 

“It’s not going to happen, are you okay ? Is there something you want to talk about ?” She pressed her hand against Dahyun’s shoulder.

 

“I am scared to be misunderstood.” This was very confusing for Sana who was now fully hugging Dahyun. She was pressing tender kisses against her hair, her arms keeping Dahyun’s heart warm.

 

“But I understand you, it’s okay to be confused, to feel lonely, to feel useless even but I swear it’s not true. It’s not the truth but it’s okay to feel insecure..” Sana tried to console her friend. She knew how it felt to feel insecure, to feel like . Sometimes Sana hated herself for talking too much, for being clumsy, for being herself.

 

“I’m sorry..” Dahyun whispered. She was crying and this couldn’t get more heartbreaking. But Sana was there and without knowing she was like a Wonder Woman made out of sun and joy. She never missed to spread positivity.

 

“Don’t be sorry for being human. You know I like you the way you are, we all like you the way you are..” Sana dried Dahyun’s tears with her thumbs.

 

“Aren’t I too much trouble ?” Dahyun started to laugh, washing away her tears with her silliness. Sana’s smile made her heart flutter, it was very dangerous and she knew where it could lead to. At this point they would lean on each other and share a tender kiss. Sana didn’t answer, there was a heavy silence and of course, she was the first to lean in. She loved how Sana closes her eyes first, how her fingers caresses her cheek just before pressing their lips together.

 

Dahyun closed her eyes. She could feel all of her worries flying away. This is how it worked, with a sumptuous timing, Sana’s scent and Sana’s lips. Dahyun wasn’t ashamed to sin like she did anymore. Sana taught her how life should be lived; without regrets. Dahyun found herself happier since the day she accepted she had strong feelings for Sana.

 

But it never went too far.

 

“If you’re feeling better we better go to bed.” Sana murmured before kissing one last time Dahyun’s lips.

 

“Only if you sleep with me.”

 

Sana blushed.

 

They hadn’t pictured the same thing.

 

But they actually just slept.