Chapter 2

Finding The One

Following the days busy schedule of being a rich kid and his parents constantly pestering him to act prim and proper, Baekhyun decided to take a nap. He headed to his room, layed down in his bed and began to drift away.

In a dream-like sequence he saw figures and places, barely making out a ferris wheel. A tall boy. Nothing about his face was distinguishable but Baekhyun knew he was attracted to him. The sound of the wind howling awoke him. Shadows bounced around his room, dancing almost. A figure loomed at the end of the bed. His eyes widened but any attempt to speak or move was useless. His body was frozen by some magic, unseen to the human eye. 

"Don't bother boy. I've used a silecning charm. Any attempt to yell will be rendered useless but you may speak to me in a normal tone if you wish. Your body will naturally loosen up however once it knows your plan to yell the magic will re-activate."

And sure enough, as he relaxed and intended to engage in normal conversation, his body relaxed and he could freely move.

"Who the are you and how did you get inside?" he questioned, "You are tresspassing and I need to call security" he reached over to his side table.

"Oh you don't need to. No matter how many attempts you make to alert someone no one's gonna run in and arrest me," said the mysterious person, a mischievous grin forming on his face.

"Why? Did you knock everyone out on the way here? What did you use? Chloroform?"

"No, however you are still dreaming. This is your dream and I'm not actually a human. I'm your gua-"

"Let me guess, you're my guardian angel and you're here to warn me of something about to happen. Right?" Baekhyun said smugly.

"Well i'm not an angel but a demon, and instead of warning you of something I'm just here to tell you of a man. A man you're gonna meet in the near future. You two will fall in love with and-"

"Wait, I'm gonna fall in love with a man? I'M GAY?"

"Yeah."

"What are my parents gonna say?"

"They don't mind."

"No way"

"Yes way now let me finish. You're gonna fall in love with this man and-"

"How will I know it's him?"

"I was about to get to that. Now give me your right arm."

"What does my arm have to do with a man?" he retracted his arm, "Please don't tell me it's going to go in him."

"Oh dear no, just give me your right arm, I want to show you something."

Baekhyun extended his arm. "What the hell are you gonna do?"

"I'm just gonna show you something," he said as he placed a hand on Baekhyuns wrist. Baekhyuns head started to become dizzy and his eyes started to shut. Fighting the resistance to fall asleep he managed to ask,"What-What are you doing?"

"When you wake up you'll see. This man will inevitably have a conversation with you. His first words spoken to you are written on your arm. And you should know that you will come across obstacles. People in your life who will not allow you to fall in love with this man."

"Huh?" Baekhyun managed to ask, his head spinning faster.

"You should know that the biggest obstacle in your life will be your m-" was the last thing Baekhyun heard before he was surrounded by darkness.

 

---------

 

"Sir, Sir please wake up, it's monday morning and you need to attend school," Baekhyun could feel Kyungsoo's presence as he slightly shook the boy awake. No other maid in the mansion could touch Baekhyun of course, since he was of a higher class, but Baekhyun bonded with Kyungsoo and saw him as a friend rather than a servant. He loved calling him D.O, it made their relationship more pure rather than strictly formal. Deep down, Baekhyun hated the classist attitude his parents upheld and despised the way his parents kept their noses high around the workers, as if to symbolise their ranking. He wanted to break free from the chains of heirarchal expectations and befriend everyone who worked for them. "Perhaps not in this lifetime," he thought, "Not while my parents are here."

"What?" He replied groggily, "I don't have school for s sake it's the goddamn holidays."

"Language sir and it's nice of you to wake up so early. Your parents told me told wake you up."

"Why? Is it like 8 am?"

"It's almost 1 pm."

"So. It's the holidays and I, Mr Byun Baekhyun, wakes up for no one."

"Not even a sunrise? A beautiful day?" Kyungsoo raised his arms as if to perform a soliloquy, "The gates of this mansion lined up with the most eligible bachelorettes of the land to seek the hand in marriage of the famed Mr Baekhyun?" 

Baekhyun scoffed. He knew D.O loved to and this was one of those moments.

"The eligible bachelorettes can go themselves. I will marry from my own accord whether my parents love it or not." He raised up and rested his weight on his elbows, "now please go get me some food. My stomach is empty and nothing good comes out of an empty stomach."

"As you wish sir." Kyungsoo bowed and turned to leave.

"For the last time stop calling me that. Just say my name. When it's me and you there's no need for formality."

Kyungsoo nodded and turned to leave but stopped. 

"Sir - Uh I mean Baekhyun - if you don't mind me saying, you were talking in your sleep about a guardian angel and a soulmate."

"How the hell did you know? Were you spying on me?" Baekhyun's eyes narrowed. "Honestly I knew you had a thing for me but I didn't know that you were a ert and loved spying on young boys sleeping." He leaned forward. "Perhaps I am too irresistible for my young maid."

"No sir I-uh-I..." D.O's face began to turn red and Baekhyun could almost feel the heat radiating off it. Why should D.O have all the fun teasing. 

"I'm just playing."

D.O sighed and rushed out the room as politely as possible.

Baekhyun snickered to himself and pushed his sheets out of the way to go to the bathroom.  He opened the bathroom door and walked into his lavish and rather large bathroom. After brushing his teeth and washing his face, he checked himself out on the mirror by flashing a smile. "Oh Baekhyun. You still have it in you." He grinned to himself as he left the bathroom and walked onto his balcony, plopping down onto his hammock. Laying there he wondered what his 'guardian' demon meant by the obstacles he will face and that his biggest obstacle would be his something starting with m. What starts with m? My maid? Kyungsoo? My mansion? My machine? Did he mean my ? I know it's not that big but come on at least it's a little bigger than average. 

As Baekhyun lay there with his thoughts, Kyungsoo set up the table and stood there waiting for him to realise that his food was served. Kyungsoo cleared his throat. "Your breakfast sir."

"Hm. Oh thank you."

"May I ask you a question sir?"

"Yeah."

"Since when did you get a tattoo?"

"Huh? I've never gotten a tattoo."

"Really? Because you have writing on your right wrist."

Baekhyun looked at his arm and saw 4 words tattoed onto his arm: "Sorry to bother you."

He looked up at the Kyungsoo and pondered over who his lover could be.