Chapter 1

Finding The One

It was 7:13 am when Baekhyun's eyes fluttered open. He sat up in bed, rubbed his eyes and looked out of his window towards the rising sun. He loved mornings. He loved hearing the birds chirping, he loved eating breakfast out in the front garden but most importantly he loved feeling the sun on his face. Rolling out of bed, he walked out to his balcony door and leaned against the edge, taking a deep breath and appreciating the early morning breeze. He couldn't imagine how all of his friends hated the morning. There was so much to experience.

"Yeah sure sunsets are romantic but they're just overrated. You haven't lived until you've experienced a sunrise. They're more magical and different," was Baekhyuns' excuse for waking up so early. He didn't know what was so nice about sunrises but he wished he had someone to share them with. His thoughts were interrupted by his maid, Kyungsoo.

"Baekhyun sir, get down from there and please don't sit on the balcony railing. You know how high it is and I can't be responsible for your injuries."

"Kyungsoo relax, nothing's gonna happen and if I do fall off, my parents have the money to pay for it."

"Baekhyun sir, I know your parents have the money but then I'll lose my job and i'm not in the situation to do that."

"Why's that?"

"Now's not the time to get sentimental and please hurry up, your parents are waiting for you by the fountain and for god's sake put on some pants."

"Oh ," Baekhyun exclaimed as he ran back inside to put on some clothes.

"Language sir," Kyungsoo reminded him.

"Sorry," Baekhyun shouted as he hurriedly put on some pants. He knew how his parents were with him not wearing any pants around the house. Despite the fact that he enjoyed letting his junk roam around freely (which surprisingly didn't happen very often) he had a rule that anyone who wanted to come in had to knock on his door so that he didn't accidentally flash anyone. He jumped down the stairs, step by step, almost missing the last step and cursed under his breath. He had to make sure he didn't bump into anyone or anything. He hated having a big house solely because he couldn't get anywhere on time and he knew his parents would be angry at him for not making it on time.

Finally making it to the fountain, he sat down in front of his parents and began to reach for the toast when his mother stopped him.

"Before you start eating, your father and I have been thinking about something."

"On a scale of 1 to 10 how important is it?"

"Quite"

"Okay then," Baekhyun said as he eyed them suspiciously.

"Listen Baekhyun," his father began,"We just want you to be happy and to think of your future. We think that you're of age and that you should probably start looking for a partner. We could provide you with some options if you want."

"So that's your big news? If you're done then lemme start eating because I am HUNG-RY,"he said reaching for a french toast and gobbled it up in 3 bites. 

His mother sighed. "God help the person who marries our son!" 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter :)