Drunk On You

2yoo One Shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Let’s go out tonight.” Bora said to Yoobin, who was packing up her bag on the floor. “We finished early enough to enjoy the Happy Hours.”

 

Bora was already at the door, bouncing up from excitement.

 

“Just us?” Yoobin asked closing her backpack. “Isn’t it sad?” The tone of her voice was monotone, yet Bora couldn’t care less and was waving her hand for Yoobin to hurry.

 

“Siyeon texted me, so she’ll join us.”

 

“Not coming.” Yoobin stated when she was next to Bora. The oldest linked their arms leading them to the exit of the building.

 

“It’s friday night, you don’t have a choice.” Yoobin opened and closed several times before resigning herself to her fate.

 

Together they went to Bora’s place to get ready to go out. Bora was dressed with a nice plaid dress, and her long wavy hair was falling all over her shoulders. Strapping her heels, she looked upon hearing her bathroom’s door open and close. “Seriously?” Bora scoffed when she realised what she was wearing.

 

“It’s comfortable.” Yoobin stated back sitting down on the couch throwing her backpack next to her. “It’s Happy Hours, no big deal.” Quickly she glanced at her own outfit, a simple blue big t-shirt that covered half of her thighs, with shorts underneath.

 

“I remember a girl putting more effort in dressing up last year.” Bora told her with an insisting glare. “As long as you come.” She stood up from her crouched position, then stepped in front of her length mirror, happily smiling to her own reflection. “Let’s go!” Her cheerful voice startled Yoobin who was immersed on her feet tapping against the coffee table.

 

The two girls left the older girl’s apartment, Yoobin taking her sweet time. It was not the fact of going out that bothered her, more like who they were going to join. Unfortunately for her they only had two metro stations to arrive at their destination. Once again lost in her mind while walking down a busy street, Yoobin almost fell down when Bora bumped into her shoulder.

 

“She’s there.” Bora said pointing at Siyeon sitting at a table on the terrasse. Their pace quickened with Bora leading her by the hand. “Hello!”

 

“Hey!” Siyeon stood up to give Bora a hug and then did the same with Yoobin. Upon seeing her alone, Yoobin relaxed and sat down on one of the free chairs.

 

Bora knowingly smiled to Yoobin a minute later and tapped her shoulder in a friendly manner. Drinks were brought to their table and their night was starting. The summer was beginning, the weather was nice. The girls were enjoying each other’s company and catching up.

 

Yoobin was barely into her second drink, while Bora was drowning them like it was water, closely followed by Siyeon. She loved to see their dynamics, they were both crazy in a good way. Anywhere with them was a sure way to have a good laugh. Playing with her glass, Yoobin watched Bora stand up and move her body to the rhythm of the music. Her friend smirked at her holding her glass so they could clink them.

 

Finishing her drink, Yoobin wondered if she should follow their friends. Observing Bora, she thought it would be cool to loosen up, it had been a while. Thinking about what to get, she once again was startle by Bora’s booming voice. The drunker she was the louder her voice was too.

 

“What the-?!”

 

“Sorry, I’m late.” That voice. Yoobin recognised it. Holding tight her glass, it took her a lot of restrain to not up and leave the bar. She could feel her getting closer and she hated how her body was reacting, enjoying being in the same space. “Hi, Yoobin!” Her tone was not as cheerful as when she bid hello to Bora and Siyeon, but more than what she expected.

 

Unable to help herself, Yoobin checked her out. Her smile was big enough that her dimple was slightly showing. Her hair was longer and darker with a blueish colour shining thanks to the sun. A simple dark blouse and jeans was what she was wearing. It suited her a lot for a casual night out. The whole outfit final touch was some converse and a dark bag hanging off her shoulders. She was such a looker.

 

“Yoohyeon.” Yoobin said her name in acknowledgement, her eyes following her movement when she sat down between her and Siyeon, the only available seat.

 

A second later, Yoobin stood up and walked inside to go get a drink. At the bar she changed her mind and ordered two strong drinks. Her night had taken a new turn and she knew she was going to need a lot more than a beer to handle it.

 

Of course the possibility Yoohyeon was gonna join them was there, but Yoobin had hoped this time she would be half across the world living her life.

 

“One night.” Yoobin muttered to herself waiting for her order. “And then she’ll be gone.”

 

“Do you really want me gone?” Immediately goosebumps appeared on her arms, not from being cold. Oh no. That was Yoohyeon’s enchanting voice effect.

 

Yoobin didn’t even glance at her, her eyes were focused on the bartender making her drinks. Once he placed them, she grabbed one and drank it all in a shot. Immediately asking for another one.

 

“I’ll have the same.” Yoohyeon told the bartender leaning against the counter. “That was hot.”

 

“Glad you enjoyed the view.” Yoobin ironically said. Then she took her drinks and bolted out a second before Yoohyeon. That was not a lot but any seconds away from her was a blessing.

 

“I didn’t think she’d be here.” Bora whispered as lowly as she could when she sat back down next to her.

 

“I know.” Of course she knew that already.

 

Bora might be pushy but never would she put her in a situation she’d really hate. All she wanted was to catch up with a friend and have her other friend finally go out. What a timing for them all to be reunited again.

 

For a whole hour, Yoobin got to hear all about Yoohyeon’s life. Half of her was fascinated by what she was living, and the other hated it with such an intensity. The struggle in her was the main reason for her drinking tonight. And it didn’t escape anyone’s eyes, but no one dared voicing it out.

 

“When are you going back? I should come visit you.” Siyeon asked looking over her phone. “I have some time off soon. A break in L.A would be really nice.”

 

“Hum.” Yoohyeon was fidgeting on her seat. “I don’t know yet.” Rapidly she glanced at Yoobin who was looking over the inside of the bar. “Let’s talk about it later.”

 

“Oh. Okay. Yeah, sure.” Siyeon replied, feeling an awkward silence coming up.

 

“Anyone want a drink?” Bora spoke up standing up. “Yes. Alright. Come with me.” Barely waiting for anyone’s answer she grabbed Siyeon’s hand tugging her to go inside.

 

“Yoobin-“ Yoohyeon started after their friends’ abrupt exit. But her words were cut off by Yoobin leaving too.

 

Her shoulders slumped as much as her back on the chair. Crossing her legs she thought over the past three months. Her life was magical, she couldn’t deny it. But so far away from home. From her family. Her friends. Yoobin.

 

It pained her that Yoobin was clearly avoiding her, but that was to be expected. It took her a few weeks before opening her eyes to their situation. So, Yoohyeon clearly thought she deserved this behaviour towards her.

 

“Where’s Yoobin?” Bora asked placing a tray full of drinks on the table.

 

Yoohyeon shrugged waving her hand towards the bar.

 

“Here’s yours.” Bora slid a pretty colourful drink to Yoohyeon.

 

“I’m good.” Yoohyeon refused the drink pushing it back.

 

“The drinker doesn’t drink. And the loner is on her way to be drunk off her .” Siyeon placed a hand on Bora’s arm because she could feel her annoyance rising up. “You two are no fun since you broke up.” She spit off before gulping down a shot. “Come dance with me.”

 

Yoohyeon watched the girls leaving her alone. But she couldn’t care less. Her mood was morose.

 

Their breakup.

 

From the moment she left three months ago until now, not once had she seen Yoobin. Her time here was always too short, and in all honesty she hadn't particularly wanted to see her. That was sad but the truth.

 

It didn’t mean she ever stopped having some sort of feelings for her.

 

Leaning her head back, Yoohyeon sighed raising her arm to check the time on her watch. It felt like forever since everyone left. Taking the drink Bora left, she made her way inside the bar. There was a lot of people. Her head turned left and right in the hope of finding one of the girls, but nothing. Keeping up her walk she stepped outside in the back, where tables were laid out and others were standing chilling or dancing.

 

Passing by many people, Yoohyeon was getting annoyed for not seeing any of them. It was a wonder she didn’t spill her drink on anyone. Stopping at a corner, her hand brought the glass to her lips and she was glad she did so. When her eyes looked at the crowd, she finally spotted the golden hair she was looking for. In a rush she put her glass on a random table and hurrie

Please log in to read the full chapter