What did you think of my number?

2yoo One Shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

The adrenaline from her stage was still running high, and she couldn’t stop herself from smiling. This was exactly what she loved to do, especially with finally being able to show this side of her. Walking backstage to the monitoring room with her team, Yoobin wondered what her friends thought of their performance. The answer came the moment she stepped into the room; Minji, Siyeon and Yoohyeon were all waiting for her, encircling her in a group hug.

 

“I’m so proud of you!” Minji said, excitedly.

 

“Hello, hello, it’s Yoobin!” Siyeon smirked, giving her another quick hug. “And third place in your group!” Yoobin was grinning from the compliments.

 

They stayed on the side talking, when she felt a hand slightly grazing her back. Slowly, her left hand moved behind to touch Yoohyeon’s for a short second.

 

“Yoobin and I should make a subunit, because that was hot.” Minji laughed. Everyone agreed though, thinking about working on new covers whenever they’d have the time for them.

 

Another teamed walked passed them and Yoobin decided to go freshen herself up in the bathroom. Splashing her neck with cold water, she sighed. No matter how many times she performed since their debut, she always ended up being a hot mess. Gulping down the bottle a water she grabbed on her way out, she was startled by the sight of Yoohyeon’s reflection in the mirror. Staring at each other, she raised an eyebrow then turned around to face her. Leaning against the sink, Yoobin took another sip.

 

“That was hot.” Yoohyeon breathed out. “And handsy. Very much so.”

 

“Hum.”

 

“I wondered why you didn’t want to talk about your practice with them.” Yoohyeon mused out, waiting for a reaction. She was not surprised when all she got was a smirk. “Now I know why.” Her hand played with her bangs to avoid looking at Yoobin.

 

“Are you jealous?”

 

Yoohyeon’s head snapped back. A lot was going in her head, between watching her girlfriend showing off her talent and her own anxiety about performing in a few minutes. Jealous. That word resonated.

 

“Should I be?” Yoohyeon retorqued. “I’m proud of you. You did so well. And- And that was such a sight to see you like that.” She smiled, brightly. Taking a few steps forward; she wanted to feel closer to her. “I can’t deny it though.”

 

“What?” Yoobin whispered.

 

“Seeing you being so close to someone else other than our members.” Yoobin wondered which part of the choreography bothered her. “Watching you hold her hand.” Now she knew. She rolled her eyes and took a step back.

 

“You’re overreacting.” Yoobin stated in a monotone voice. “I’m happy about what I’ve done and you focus on this.” She shook her head. “I’m not going to apologise for being friendly and enjoying myself.” Her eyes hardened, staring at Yoohyeon. “You should do the same. This show is obviously taking a toll on you.” Yoobin moved away from the sink and strolled out of the bathroom. It saddened her to have Yoohyeon having so little faith in her, even more so when the whole time she was thinking of her while rapping.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yoohyeon stuttered, listening to the door closing behind Yoobin.

 

She couldn’t believe herself. But there was no time to run after her, she had to be on stage soon and she was dreading it.

 

After the performance, Yoohyeon was numb about the fact that her team lost against the boys. Sure, it was sad, but lately the show was bringing her down and she was doing nothing to prevent it. Minji and Siyeon still congratulated her, but it hurt her to not have Yoobin next to her. To the common eye it wasn’t obvious because no one could know they were together, but it was clear by the way she was letting someone stand between them, or how she angled her body to not face her.

 

The rest of the night was the same. In the bus, on the way back to the hotel, Yoobin sat with her team, while Yoohyeon took a seat as close as she could, observing her laughing. And not once did Yoobin try to look for her.

 

When they arrived at the hotel, she was anxious. Getting off the bus, her face fell when she only saw Minji and Siyeon waiting for her. They always stuck together at the end of the day. That was their time.

 

“Are you guys okay?” Minji asked, cautiously when she and Siyeon had witnessed Yoobin leaving without them. From

Please log in to read the full chapter