Chapter 1

The Other Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After taking a quick and warm shower, Jiyong dressed himself in nice casual clothes before he went to join his friends downstairs. He was glad he made it home before Youngdeuk's arrival. He already planned for everything. He deliberately asked the younger to go with him to YG building to listen to his new composition just to make sure the younger didn't bring his car with him. This way they were able to buy extra time to prepare for the surprise birthday party.

"Daesung-ah, it's nice to have you here with us tonight." Jiyong said, giving a quick hug to his brother's friend.

The younger was very busy lately with his sick sister and was finally able to join everyone to celebrate Youngdeuk's birthday.

"I wouldn't want to miss my best friend's birthday y'know!" Daesung replied with his angelic smile.

"I'm glad you came," Jiyong smiled back. "How is your sister doing?" he asked.

"She's getting better. I left her at my grandparents' as she can't stay up late" Daesung said.

"Hopefully she becomes healthy pretty soon" Jiyong wished.

"Yeah, I hope so!"

 

 

Lee Soohyuk is a rising male model in the industry. He is demanded and requested by various Korean magazines and brands for his tall slender figure and handsome face. He walked down the runways at a very early age. In the span of three years, he became extremely busy and on high demand. He even got a few acting offers for minor roles, which he gladly accepted.

Today was one of those hectic days and Soohyuk was glad his last schedule got canceled for some reason he didn't bother to care about. He just wanted to get back home as soon as possible, take a warm shower and hit the bed. However, fate had other plans for him.

He climbed in the tinted van and literally sunk into the comfortable seat resting his tired body. His manager climbed in the driver's seat and started driving to the model's house. Soohyuk almost dozed off when the van came to an ubrupt stop. He jerked in his seat as the van stopped.

"What's going on?" he groaned.

"! I guess I hit someone!" his manager cursed with a shaky voice.

"What?!" Soohyuk shouted in shock. "What do you mean you hit someone? Where were you looking?!" 

"I swear he ran right in front of me!" said the manager frantically. "I tried my best to stop but still hit him"

"Stop freaking out and call an ambulance quickly. We should save the man!" Soohyuk tried to calm down the manager and knock some sense into him. 

The manager nodded before going to check on the bleeding man on the road. Soohyuk put on his cap and a face mask before joining the manager who was already on the phone calling an ambulance. He looked at the man they hit and noticed he was still young, Soohyuk bet he was underage and felt really bad for him. He was bleeding prefusely from his head with some bruises here and there, but Soohyuk was worried the teenager might had some internal bleeding or broken bones.

In no time, a police car arrived with an ambulance right behind it. The paramedics were quick to provide a first-aid treatment before securing the boy on a stretcher and getting him into the ambulance. At the same time, the police started asking questions about the accident. Soohyuk and his manager said all what happened but the manager still had to go to the police station for further investigation.

"I'll call the company to send someone, hyung." Soohyuk promised as the manager got in the police car.

After Soohyuk took his belogings, the van got taken by the police as well.

"What a night!" Soohyuk sighed before calling his agency and telling them what happened. Then, he hailed for a cab and headed to the hospital to check whether the teenager made it alive or not.

"Excuse me, miss!" he called with a slight smile. The receptionist looked up and was surprised at how handsome the guy in front of her was.

"Yes, may I help you?" she asked with a sweet smile.

"I'm looking for the teenager who was involved in a car accident," he said with a sad tone, and the girl felt bad for him.

"He's in surgery right now" she said apologitically. "Are you perhaps his family member? The boy had no wallet, nor a phone with him so we couldn't know his identity," she explained.

"No, my friend is the one who caused the accident that's why I'm here to check on the boy" Soohyuk answered.

"That's bad! Hopefully the boy survives" said the receptionist in pity.

"Do you have any information about his current condition?" Soohyuk asked.

"Sorry, I'm not supposed to say anything about patients to non-family members," she replied apologitically.

"We'll know afterwards since my friend is the one who hit him, so it won't hurt telling me now" Soohyuk reasoned the receptionist, who seemed pondering on whether to tell him or not.

She finally gave up, "alright you got me there!" she said before typing something on the computer. "So, he has a big gash on his head which caused him excessive bleeding, three broken ribs, one broken arm, and bruises here and there. That's all for now."

"Thank you for real. I really appreciate your help" he thanked her, and she just nodded.

As he sat in the chairs nearby waiting for some updates, his phone started ringing. It was his boss Ms. Go Eunkyung. Soohyuk let out a deep breath before answering the phone.

"Yes, sajangnim?" he aswered.

"Soohyuk, I heard what happened. Are you okay? Where are you right now?" she asked as soon as he answered.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine. I'm in the hospital right now," he said.

"Just go back home, I'll send someone to keep us updated about the man." she said.

"He's not a man, he's just a teenager and he's in surgery right now. I can't leave before I know he made it alive," Soohyuk replied.

"I know you're worried but what if someone recognizes you? We don't want this leaked to the media" she reasoned.

"I'll be careful until he's out from surgery then I'll go home. Don't worry about me" he promised.

"Alright, I trust you. I'll send Joohyuk's manager to keep you company" she said.

"Thank you, sajangnim" he replied before ending the call.

"The patient who got hit by a car is losing too much blood but we don't have enough type O+ in our blood bank" a nurse came running to the receptionist. "have you managed to contact his family?" she asked.

"No, we have no clue how to reach them!" said the receptionist.

Soohyuk heard their conversation and walked hurriedly to them. "What did you say his blood type was?" he asked the nurse.

"It's O+. Are you perhaps-" 

"Yes, I'm type O+. I can donate to him" Soohyuk answered quickly. 

"Great please follow me" she said walking towards a double door. "Do you take any medicines or have any chronic illness?" she asked as Soohyuk followed her.

"No, I'm a healthy person!" 

 

 

"WHAT?! What do you mean you couldn't find him?" Jiyong jumped from the couch in alarm. He was chatting happily with his friends when their personal driver called saying he couldn't find Youngdeuk anywhere near the university.

"Actually, I found his school bag and books all scattered on the sidewalk so I'm afraid something happened to him," said the driver looking at Youngdeuk's bag on the passenger's seat beside him.

"Oh my God!" Jiyong gripped at his hair as fear crepted to his heart. "Are you sure it's his?" he asked, which the driver confirmed.

All his friends and Youngdeuk's friends were now aware of the situation. They knew something bad happened to the birthday boy.

"Please keep looking more, I'll try to call him" Jiyong said almost begging. Tears were already b in his eyes.

"I already tried calling him but it goes to voicemail. I think we should inform the police" the driver said.

"O-okay, I'll c-call them" Jiyong said with so much difficulty before slumping back on the couch. 

"Hey, what's going on?" Seunghyun asked Jiyong who was shaking in his place.

"H-hyung, Y-youngd-deuk is m-missing" Jiyong stuttered tears already streaming down his cheeks.

"What?!" everyone said in unison. This was the last thing they expected to happen tonight.

"The driver f-found his b-bag and b-books scattered where he's s-supposed to p-pick him" Jiyong explained half crying half sobbing.

Gasps were heard from everyone but they decided to be strong for Jiyong.

"Don't worry, we'll find him" Youngbae patted his best friend's back.

"I s-shouldn't h-have let him go without a c-car. This is all my fault" Jiyong burried his face in his hands as he cried more.

"Hyung, stop crying! It won't help us find Youngdeuk hyung by crying" Seungri said shaking Jiyong's shoulders. 

"Seungri is right, we should inform the police and start searching for him" Daesung joined.

"Wipe your tears and drink some water. We'll all help you find Youngdeuk," Chaerin said, handing Jiyong a glass of water. The older wiped his tears before taking a few sips.

"I heard what happened, young master" Mr. Kim, the butler, said. "Do you want me to inform your parents?" he asked.

"NO! They can't know anything now. Please don't tell them, at least not before I find Youngdeuk" Jiyong pleaded. 

"Okay, I understand!" nodded Mr. Kim. "Is there something I can help with?" he asked.

"Just stay at home and try to make up some excuse if my parents called. My friends and I are going to look for Youngdeuk" Jiyong said getting to his feet, and Mr. Kim nodded in understanding.

"We need a plan first," Seunghyun said and everyone in the room anticipated what he was going to say. "Jiyong and I will go to the police to file a report, Youngbae and Seungri will search in hospitals" 

"What about me?" Daesung asked.

"You and Chaerin will check with the university security if the cameras there captured what happened," Seunghyun said, and the two of them nodded.

"I'll go with you, Seunghyun-ah" Bom said quickly grabbing her purse and coat.

"And I'll drive Daesung and Chaerin to the university" Dara said. 

Everyone nodded and they all scattered out to their cars. Seunghyun and  Jiyong settled in one car with Seunghyun driving and went to the police station. Youngbae, Seungri, and Bom settled in Youngbae's car and drove to the nearest hospital, while Dara drove Daesung and Chaerin with her to their university. 

 

 

When Soohyuk willingly accepted donating blood to the injured boy, he didn't expect to be brought right into the operating theatre. The nurse explained that the patient lost too much blood and direct transfusion was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter