Epilogue

The Other Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one of the coldest nights of November. Everyone was wearing thick clothes, long coats, and beanies to protect themselves from the harsh cold. Youngdeuk hugged his body together as wind blew strongly. He had been standing on the sidewalk for half an hour now, trying to hail for a cab, but he had no luck as all cabs that passed by weren't vacant. He was getting cold by the moment, and blamed it on himself for accepting Jiyong's offer to drive him to university this morning. The older had just finished making a new song for the group BigBang and wanted his brother to be the first one to listen to it. For this reason, he begged Youngdeuk to go with him first to YG building and promised to drive him after that to university for his afternoon classes. And this is how Youngdeuk didn't bring his car with him.

Youngdeuk sighed tiredly. Since he had joined their university's dance club, he became bound to stay for late hours after classes to create new choreographies and practice them together with the other dancers. This time they practiced Youngdeuk's first choreography since he joined the club, and for this reason he had to stay very late to monitor and assess the filming of their final dance. It was the club's rule for the choreographer to do this task at the end of each wrapping session, so he or she could fix any mistakes the dancers did before including it in their final collection.

Today happened to be the deadline for this task, and thus Youngdeuk couldn't avoid it to catch up with the last bus. After standing in the cold empty streets of Seoul for more than half an hour, he finally decided to call their personal driver.

"Yes, young master. I'll be there right away" said the driver over the phone. 

"Okay, I'll bear with it just a bit more." Youngdeuk told himself, and started jumping in his place to warm up his body.

In a similar situation, he would have gone to a coffee shop or restaurant to avoid the cold weather, but his university occupied a vast area making it very far from such places. Besides Youngdeuk was dead tired right now to walk all the way there. So, he decided to just wait for the driver to pick him up.

 

 

Kwon Jiyong stepped on the brakes with a sharp stop in front of their family mansion. He was running late for the surprise party he'd been planning for Youngdeuk's birthday. Although their butler, Mr. Kim reassured him that everything was going accordingly and he shouldn't worry, Jiyong couldn't help but oversee the preparations himself. It was the first time his parents were on a business trip during one of their birthdays, and Jiyong felt a sense of responsibility to give his brother a memorable birthday party.  

As he stepped out from his car, Mr. Kim greeted him and proceeded to tell him about everything they prepared while showing him around the big living room all the decorations, food, drinks, and gifts. Jiyong's  and Youngdeuk's friends did a great job with the help of Mr. Kim.

"What's up, guys?" Jiyong greeted them all.

"Hey there, man!" Youngbae, one of Jiyong's friends since middle school days, greeted back. "We're done with everything, you can call Youngdeuk to come!"

"The driver has already gone to pick him." Seungri, one of Youngdeuk's friends and mate in dancing, said. He's younger than Youngdeuk by two years, so they got to know each other because they were neighbors. Seungri's house was just next door. 

"That's great!" Jiyong said. "I will take a quick shower and get ready before he arrives. You guys did such a great job! Thank you really!"

"Just go take a shower! It's not like we did it for you!" Seunghyun, Jiyong's childhood friend, mocked jokingly.

"Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter