Chapter 3

Monochrome Love

"Hoseok, we didn't mean it that way.. All of us..-"  Seokjin spoke softly, placing a hand on the auburn head's shoulder. Before he could even finish his sentence, Hoseok sat up straight and lightly wriggled himself free from his hyung's soft and soothing touch, saying "It's okay, hyung.. I got it. I mean , we all have our own business and stuffs and works to be done. Plus, I don't think that those things worth a friend, right?"

And the statement absolutely sent the other six lads a wave of  shock. Hoseok used to be an understanding and a loyal friend, but now, he was practically letting his pent up emotions out, which was so rare. Looks like his patience had reached his nose bridge.

Namjoon sighed and rubbed his temple while Seokjin sent the younger thousands of worried glances. Maybe finding outside scenery was more interesting, Yoongi threw his view outside the see-through windows but Taehyung who sat before him didn't dare to make any moves, other than pulling his plump lips in between his pearly white. Jungkook went back to his bad habit when he was nervous; biting his nails beside Jimin whose face was paler than a ghost. Sensing the effect of the little tantrum he threw just now, Hoseok finished his final sip of his coke and took a piece of napkin at the middle of the table and wiped his mouth. "I'm full already. The foods here are very nice. I should head back home now, have to finish the assignments before the next test. Thanks for the meal, Namjoon-ah. Well, see you guys later." he said and got up from his seat with his bag hanging loosely on his left shoulder. Namjoon smiled a bit and lightly nodded his head. As Hoseok walked towards the door, a voice suddenly called him from behind.

"Hyung!!"

The boy stopped and tilted his head to the right, eyebrow raised up and disappeared under his pretty bangs. "Yes?"

"Do.. Do you want me to walk you home?"

A soft smile made its way towards his lips. This kid.

"It's okay, Kookie. Hyung will be fine. Thank you, sweetheart.."

Jungkook then softly nodded and sunk back in his seat.Taehyung turned his body to face Hoseok and said, "Text me once you've got home..."

The elder made an 'okay' sign with his fingers and quickly waved back when Jimin put his chin on the couch, waving Hoseok goodbye with both of his hands. Maknae line were the cuties, no doubt. 

"Great. Just great. Now what??" Seokjin heaved as soon as the younger's figure disappaered from his sight. Jungkook leaned his head on Taehyung's shoulder and momentarily closed his eyes when the latter put his head on the top of his. "I think we've hurted Hoseok's feeling so many times already to the point he couldn't endure it anymore. Like, come on! We've been hiding this thing from him for almost two years! Little that all of us know, we're slowly getting further from him.." Jimin pointed out. He knew the older so well, a simple different gesture shoved his feelings obliviously.

Yoongi shrugged his shoulders yet nodded at the same time. "Just bring him into the squad already. Then everything will go back to the usual track." he mumbled against teh bag he held close to his chest, only to receive a quick and firm 'No' from the leader.

"The agency hasn't said anything yet about bringing the new member into the squad. Plus, we're on our mission now, so even if Hoseok join us, he still need to be trained like how we've did before." Namjoon explained.

The other six members nodded in agreement. It's not easy to be a group of spy with so may secrets missions, so many places to go and so many rivals to have. All of them had their own bittersweet memories on how they became themselves now. The trainings were all nerves-wrecking and bones-crushing. The strength you had should be physically and mentally strong, or else the agency would simply send you home and would never call you back after that. Not to mention about the strict seniors who seemed could pull out people's gut just by a single glare. Indeed, the six of them had all their pain and misery to recall the hair-raising memories.

Taehyung shivered at the mere thoughts. He membered it clearly how his chief commanded him to climb up the five meters brick wall and walked on a piece of thin rope on ten meters high from the ground before finishing with more than twenty dumb high-grade prototype machines within seven minutes. And Taehyung hated it when he couldn't use water to bring them down. To say at least, that was his very first training. The agency was killing this precious child.

"So, what are we going to do, anyway?"  Jungkook asked.

"If we take a close look, Hoseok hyung's profile is already more than perfect to join us. Like, he has everything that a group of secret agents would ask for. His past records are cleaner than mine, though and we all know that he is fourth done in Taekwon Do. Hyung's fighting skills are very impressive.." Taehyung answered abruptly, slender fingers scrolling through his phone. 

Yoongi rolled his eyes and lightly smacked the younger's back of head. "Typical tech-nerd."

As all of them drowned in their own thoughts about Hoseok, the giant statue of an antique grandfather clock across the road suddenly rang, loud sound echoing throughout the busy street. It's six o'clock already. The eldest of the six stood up and slung his back on his right shoulder, saying, "Come on, guys. Now, we should head back home, get some rest, take warm showers, finish those mind-blowing assignments and be at the agency before nine." Yoongi followed up next and then quickly walked away, of course after patting Namjoon's shoulder with a small "Thanks, bro." before disappearing in the ocean of human. His small size gave specialty to escape from the crow so easily. And to hide, too.

"I'm going back with Jungkook. We have some some stuffs to buy at the bookstore. Come on, Kookie." The youngest nodded and followed Taehyung from the back, not forgetting to send his hyungs a small wave. Jimin then stood up too and put on his helmet. He took a glance at his wristwatch and puffed his already chubby cheeks. "Hey, hyung. Wanna me to drop you off?" he asked Seokjin, fingers clicking the lock under his chin.

"And why is that?" Seokjin mockingly fired back the younger with a question. Considering both of them lived quite far from each other, Seokjin doubted teh younger's pure intention. Nevertheless, he then walked up towards Jimin, locking his strong arms around the smaller's  shoulders and pinched his cheeks. "Kidding, brother. Come on, let's head back home, shall we?" "Should,ve behaved better, hyung.." the younger sassed, walking out of the cafe with a victorious smile plastered across his face.

With that, Namjoon was left alone in the cafe. as he finished the remaining coffee in the cup, his mind kept swirling around, thinking about thousand of ways to bring back everything on track. He knew this was wrong, to keep everything away from Hoseok, yet he always assured himself that everything would turn out fine. Just, he's waiting for the best time to come, when he would no longer be in the team, and he already had a certain someone to replace him. He and he only. Nobody else.

But for now, Namjoon had to sruggle, and the others too. Maybe after tonight's mission, he would get the chance to talk to the chief. Sighing softly, Namjoon grabbed his coat and dashed outside, walking straight to his house. Work would always be works, and he wouldn't let the missions burden him and his life. "I'm so sorry, friend" he whispered into thin air.