Chapter 2

Monochrome Love

"Are you guys free tonight?"

Hoseok beamed, stuffing his face with the blueberry yogurt again. The other six males stopped munching on their food and sent one another series of worried glances. What should they reply? They barely be at hame at night!

"I'm not very sure about myself. My brother texted me last night saying that he wanna pat a visit.." Namjoon declared, sensing the tense atmosphere and tried to sound calm. When the leader had started, the rest of the members decided to play along. "Yeah.. Mom would probably lock me in my room again. Exams are getting nearer and I couldn't afford the same failure all over again." Jimin then chimed in dramatically. He was known for being a bookworm and a genius in study for making clean swipe in every test. To hear him blabbering about how creepy his mom in forcing him to study was more than usual - 24/7.

Hoeok then softly sighed, starting to feel his appetite fading away. As he stabbed the innocent yogurt with the spoon, he turned towards Seokjin who seemed lost in his own world while eating his japchae. "What about you, hyung?" he asked, making the older male stopped munching on his food. Seokjin stared at his plate for a while before glancing towards the younger who had a kind of disappointment plastered across his pretty face. Hating it to the point he had to lie, Seokjin tried not to sound so fake. Hoseok was a softie inside for some reason and he never wanna hurt the other's feelings.

"I would love to join you, Hoseok.. But.. You know that my night shifts are literally pulling the gut out of my stomach, right? I still have to pay for my final year in collage and I don't wanna be such a spine breaker to my parents.." Night shifts my

"Oh.. It's fine, hyung.. Sorry, I really forgot about your final year." The younger replied, giving his hyung a soft pat oh his back.He went back to his abandoned yogurt when Jimin suddenly asked, "Do you have anything in particular, hyung?"

The auburn head put back his spoonful yogurt down, fingers tracing invisible patterns on his left thigh. He couldn't deny the fact that he was somehow a bit sad and disappointed with his friends lately. Even sometimes, his own memories couldn't reach the last moment he shared with them. What Hoseok clearly remembered was how he kind of feeling like losing one by one of Bangtan.

First, his same-aged friend, Namjoon couldn't make it to his 19th birthday party. Next was when Seokjin suddenly disappeared in Biostat class followed by how smart Yoongi ditched him all alone with a message "Gotta go. Urgent." during prom night since they went together for not having any partner.

It wouldn't be long, or so Hoseok thought. Not until Taehyung obliviously faked an injury during the last touchdown on their final soccer game. Little by little, it annoyed Hoseok so much, but thinking about it again, maybe they really, really did have something important to do right on the exact time. He didn't like the idea of being so close to people's personal space, like, they had their own life so what's the deal?

But then, the same thing happened to Jimin. The time when both of them were on detention but then Jimin suddenly excused himself to the toilet (in which Hoseok thought at first) but then the younger never came back. The boy met him next day just to take back his belongings and simply shrugged it off when Hoseok asked where was him yesterday. "I had to leave early for some stuffs.." was all Jimin said.

His genius prediction turned out right once again when the youngest Jungkook, finally was said to end his dance practices earlier for a week straight. What made Hoseok thought it was funny was Jungkook never gave up on his practices for a thing. Hell, he even shamelessly asked to extend his due date for his assignment to practice for a dance competition three months ago. The youngest was full with burning passion and desire in dancing, so what had taken his interest in the first place, anyway?

However, the boy never expressed or say anything about it. He wasn't someone who loved bringing up the issue in the group, yet he hated the feeling of getting further from Bangtan. Since then, they rarely met, neither day or night.

"Well, not really, perhaps. I just wanna invite you guys to my place to play the new Xbox. My sister is busy preparing for her fashion runway in France this weekend so she couldn't make it to accompany me." Hoseok replied, trying not to sound so desperate. He flashed a small smile towards the others when Taehyung suddenly chocked on his drink and nearly spitted on Jungkook's clothes who was sitting beside him, face shocked when Taehyung coughed.

"Wait, do you mean the latest Xbox that came out November 8th?? Xbox One X???!!! Really?? That thing is freaking lit like and I even asked my dongsaengs to buy it for me for my birthday but they refused and now I think they don't love me anymore oh my God why am I like this??....." Taehyung suddenly blabbered and leaned his back on the chair, long slender fingers ran along his honey blonde hair. Jungkook then dumbly nodded his head and started to pat Taehyung back. A loud sound of their laughter echoed in the cafe, finding some sense of humor in Taehyung's tech-nerd habit.

"Yes, Taehyung.. I bought it two days ago and I still haven't tried it yet.."

And Jimin swore he saw Taehyung's ears perked up like a certain calico cat when Hoseok said that, beautiful eyes practically shone with excitement and his heartbeats could wake Yoongi up. The younger was going to reply when Namjoon sent him a soft glare while seeping on his grape juice. Gulping slightly, Taehyung quickly understood the sign and his smart brain was fast to make the best reason on that time. Tapping his chin lightly, Taehyung said, " But, I need to bring Soonshim to the veterinarian tonight . He looks skinnier and doesn't eat much lately.. What is going on with his system??"

"I see..." was all Hoseok replied. He didn't wish to ask anymore, considering he knew the answers would be the same. Suddenly, Jungkook volunteered to voice out his reason too, not wanting too leave the drama without him acting. Oh, please love this maknae, everyone.

"And I have a dinner to attend tonight. The perks of being the best child in my family, I can say that showing my face in every occasion is a must, indeed.." he said, face scrunched in such a worried expression with his fingers lightly rubbing his temple before continuing, "I dont really care, actually, like, I know that I'm drop dead handsome and smoking hot like freaking hell but.. Aishhh you know I dont like.. attention that much, right?" 

The youngest sassed, cracking a joke at the end like he would usually do whenever he sensed any tense atmosphere around the hyungs. And as expected from Jeon Jungkook, the other six males broke into laughter, having a hard time to catch their breath. Jungkook smiled. Well, that always work.

"You just want attention, you don't want my heart...~~"

"Caught in a lieeeee....~~~~"

"Maknae on top, everyone.."

"PG rated, Jungkook.. Please.."

"Jeon Jungkook, language, you kid..."

"Hahahahaha when puberty hit Jungkook too hard!!"

"What about you, hyung?? Do you have anything to deal with tonight??"Jimin asked Yoongi between his his laugh. His face was all red from laughing non-stop.

The lad leaned over and put his elbows on the table, resting his chin in between his palm. Knowing that Yoongi was a motionless guy that would probably snuggled in his big duvet from night to night again, the answer like "My beautiful body deserves some rest and a great amount of sleep so maybe next time.." was more than expected. Nevertheless, it's true that Yoongi had been working his off to finish his assignments lately. Every night, even after coming back from mission he didn't usually sleep until he finished everything. And that made him looked like a walking soulless body with very peaky and pale face when he only got three hours to snore his his off. well, who said musical engineering was easy, anyway? Min Yoongi was going to kill anyone who says it with bare hands.

"It's okay, guys. We can hang out together later, only if you guys aren't busy with your business, of course.." Hoseok said, slightly whispering at the last part but still could be heard by the others. They felt guilty slowly swallowing them down.