Step Five

Escaping Dreams

 

 

 

"Mind to go to school with me today?" Jangjun asked his little sister who was having her breakfast at the moment.

Dami frowned, "Why would you ask for permission?" Usually Jangjun would just grab her hand and dragged her to the bus stop. But why today he's acting weird? And talk about Jangjun; Daeyeol and Sungyoon too is exceptionally quiet today. They always have something to talk about in the morning but not today. Is there anything wrong with her brothers?

 

 (◕ᴗ◕✿)
 

"Dami," Jangjun called out for his little sister's name and Dami just raised her eyebrows as she looked at him, "You know that your brothers always here for you right?" He asked.

"What is wrong with you?" Dami couldn't think of anything on why her brothers acting so weird today.

Jangjun shook his head, "Nothing," Then he put his hand around her shoulders and walked but suddenly Dami stopped herself from moving. Jangjun looked at Dami and he could see that Dami had her eyes locked on someone. He looked at that direction and as expected, it's the same boy he saw before, "Do you like him?" Jangjun asked.

Dami nodded her head but then quickly shook it, "What the hell are you talking about?" She blushed.

"Our little girl is already a big girl," He ruffled the girl's hair and managed to get a death glare from her, "Okay sorry," He said and continued walking with his hand around her shoulders.

 

 (◕ᴗ◕✿)
 

"Why am I feeling nervous everytime I saw her with other guy?" Jibeom said when he saw Dami with the boy for the nth times already, "And how can she says that she likes me when obviously she has boyfriend?" It doesn't make sense no matter how many times Jibeom thinks about it.
 

 (◕ᴗ◕✿)
 

"I have a big news. A really big news." Yein took a sit at her usual place as they grabbed their lunch. Sujeong and Dami waited for next words from Yein, "Jibeom and Jiae broke up," She smiled. Both of them looked at Yein as if they're asking, are you making a joke? Yein rolled her eyes, "I'm serious, okay. Bomin told me." She explained.

And only then both of them nodded their head, "I see," Sujeong said, "But isn't this a good news to you Dami?" She turned her attention to Dami and turn out Dami was spacing out, "Dami, are you okay?" Sujeong tapped Dami's shoulders.

Dami startled and raised both of her eyebrows as she looked at them, "Yeah, I think it's good for me," She said.

"But you really look like you're not good with it," Yein could feel that there's something wrong with Dami. Usually she will be the loudest person between the three of them but she was really quiet today.

While Dami was spacing out, someone came to the table, "Dami, I need to talk to you," Dami lifted her head up and could see her brother infront of her, "Hi, Sujeong. Hi, Yein," He greeted her friends with smile pasted on her face. Sujeong blushed when Jangjun called her name.

"What are you doing here?" Dami quietly asked. She has no mood to talk to her brother at the moment; she didn't have mood to talk to anyone to be exact.

Jangjun sighed, "Jibeom," By saying the boy's name it could 150% attract her attention. 

Dami get up from the chair and dragged her brother away from her friends. When she was sure that they're somewhere quiet, she let his hand go, "How did you know his name?" Dami asked.

He shrugged, "He's the one who see me first okay," Jangjun explained, "He asked me who am I to you," He said.

The girl frowned, "Jibeom did that? But why?" Jangjun couldn't give answer to that question cause he didn't know it either, "Then what do you say?"

"I told him to ask you," Jangjun simply answered. The bell rang as soon as he had done with his words, "I need to go to class. Bye cutie," He ruffled the girl's hair again as usual before he went to his class.

"When can he stop messing with my hair?" Dami whined as she looked at Jangjun who was slowly getting far away from her.
 

 (◕ᴗ◕✿)
 

"I need to go first," Dami put all of her books and stationeries in her bag and was actually in rush to go to her club room. Today it would be her turn to clean up the room and because of the teacher for last subject let them go late, so she's basically late for her club.

"Take care," Sujeong shouted to Dami who was running for her life at that moment. 

Dami needs to cross the building if she wanted to get to her club room. As she was on her way there, she stopped at the upon of Jibeom's appearance right infront of her. She couldn't move her feet at all. Not even one step. She stared into his eyes before she suddenly heard a sound of window breaking. She lifted her head up and could see there's a vase coming towards her direction; probably fall from the sky.

Jibeom who noticed that quickly ran to her and put his body above her causing Jibeom to get hit by the vase instead of Dami, "Ouch," He screamed as he could feel that the vase hit his back so hard. Dami was totally clueless with what had happened just now. Did Jibeom just sacrifice himself for her? "Are you okay?" She could hear Jibeom was talking to her.

The whole Dami's body was shaking at the moment, she lifted her head up to see Jibeom who was trying to hide his pain by having a smile pasted on his face, "Yah, are you stupid? Why the hell you did that?" Dami scold him instead of saying thank you.

"Is that how you thank someone who save your life?" Jibeom giggled looking at the girl's reaction. It's cute.

Dami blushed, "Thank," She stuttered, "Thank you," She lowered her head to hide her blushing cheeks, "You need to go to nurse room," Dami said.

"But I think I can't walk there alone," Jibeom shrugged as if he's asking for Dami to tag with him.

Dami rolled her eyes, "You could be really annoying sometimes," Dami put her hand around Jibeom's arms as she helped him to walk, "But is it really hurt?" She asked when she looked at the vase that shattered into pieces on the ground.

"It is," Jibeom replied, "But," Obviously, he wanted to say something but hesitating.

"But what?" Dami asked but Jibeom quickly shook his head. She just shrugged.