Natsu~ The Heartbeat In Between

Nocturnal Bloodlust Love Stories

        I’m a cheerful girl in middle school. I like to cheer people up whenever I can, I suppose I’m just that type of person. Due to my personality, I have a lot of good friends who I can count on and them on me. There’s this girl in our grade, her name is Summer. I’ve "known" her since 5th grade and we’re in the 8th grade now, just started the 8th grade. You can say that she’s the popular girl of the year, also with a reputation of dating a lot of boys. The first day of the school year starts. Everyone's waiting outside for the doors to open, the front of the school are filled with students from grade 6-8, and with a new school year comes new students. I got to school and met up with my friends.

 

“Hey__________! How was your Summer break?” My friend Olivia asks.

 

“It was fun, simple but fun. How about you guys?” I ask her and my three other friends, Andy, Jeanie, and Kendra. 

 

“It was great, but now... another school year.” Andy sighs.

 

We all laugh, yes, another school year, but then high school awaits us. After talking for a bit, I reach into my backpack to get my notebook. I pull out my notebook and I look at it, the other 4 are still talking away. I look up to take a glance around the area at all the students, I see Summer with her girlfriends. Apparently they are looking at something and giggling, curious, I turn my head towards the direction that they are looking at. My eyes land on a group of asian boys, 5 to be exact. One of them caught my eyes though, he his lean, wearing all black and his hair is dark brown or black and is up in a half ponytail. His hair is slightly curly, he has nice fair skin, but his facial expression is so calm and still. It’s, captivating you can say. He is standing in profile position in the little circle and he’s not too far away from my group, he says something and puts his hands in his pockets. He looks up at the sky and forwards and sees Summer’s group, the girls giggle. I smile at their fangirling, I then notice a slight movement from his position. Without knowing I turn my head back to look at him again still smiling unknowingly, I happen to catch him look this way and his eyes glances over the area like I did earlier and his eyes stops on mine when he sees me. My heart feels like it almost stopped beating and my breath hitches, his eyes slightly widens a little but returns back to normal. I guess my slight gasp caught my friends’ attention.

 

“__________, are you alright? You gasped a little there.” Andy asks me tapping me on the shoulder.

 

I blink, pulling myself back into reality. I break the gaze and look at my friends.

 

“Ya... I’m fine, I choked a little on my saliva.” I say to them with a slight laugh.

 

They nod and return to talking, I take a glance back at the boy. He has his head down and he lifts it up, he has a slight smile on his face as he looks at me again. I return a smile. The door then opens, all the students walk up to the door ready to start another school year. As I walk up to the door, I reach into my bag again to get a pencil incase I need to write something down, I suddenly bump into someone on the back slightly. 

 

“Oof, sorry.” I say to the person.

 

“No problem.” A slightly deep voice replies.

 

I look up and the person turns around as well, our eyes meet and my eyes open wide. It’s him, he shows me a smile. Suddenly his friend grabs his arm and pulls him inside.

 

“Come on Natsu, let’s go we have to get seats in the classroom.” His friends says.

 

“Oh my, calm down Hiro.” Natsu says turning abruptly at the tug.

 

I didn’t get to talk to him but at least I know his name. I watch him disappear down the hallway with a bunch of other students, I let out a sigh as I walk the opposite of him. We’re not in the same homeroom. I see Summer and some of her friends going down the hallway as well, looks like she’s in the same room as him. The first day of class goes by so fast, and on the first day, every class has different times on when the class ends, teacher preferences. I wave goodbye to my friends as we walk out of the front door, since it’s the first day of school there were so many people outside. Since Summer was so long everyone wanted to catch up with each other, I take a look around the school’s playground and I happen to see Summer talking with someone. It was the boy that I bumped into earlier, her friends were beside her talking with his friends. The boy, who’s name is Natsu if I remember just stands there and listens to Summer as she talks to him. Not much of an expression but he’s not showing any sense of annoyance either, he smiles at Summer as she finishes talking I assume, he takes a quick glance around the area and his gaze falls onto my location. I quickly look away as to not make eye contact, I begin walking away, my heart began to beat faster. 

 

“That was close...” I whisper to myself. 

 

Without looking back I walk home. A day soon turns into a week, then a week into another few then into months. Before I know it, the last year of school finished. We officially graduated middle school, and now high school. Another year goes by and I grow another year older, time doesn’t stop for anyone. The first school year of high school has begun, it’s nerve-racking but as long as I have my friends with me I’ll be fine. The first week of high school was alright I suppose, adjusting to everything took some time but aside from that it’s actually quite fun, I’ve made many new friends while keeping up with my old ones from middle school. One day during lunch, my friends and I went to the Cafeteria to eat. 

 

“Hey have you heard? Summer got a new boyfriend.” Andy asked.

 

“Well not a surprise, the girl can get any guys if she wanted.” Kendra says.

 

“Who is her new boyfriend?” I ask them.

 

“They were in the same class in the last year of middle school, his name I believe is Natsu. Summer basically chased after him in middle school and they’re finally going out this year.” Andy says.

 

“Ah...” I reply.

 

The name Natsu swirls in my head, it’s him. The boy that I slowly developed an attraction of some sort to back in middle school. I haven’t really seen him around much last year, except for the first day of grade 8. Now to know that he’s dating Summer was a bit of a hit to me, hope he can handle her. I take a bite of my lunch when I hear the voice of Summer behind me in the distance.

 

“Here comes the magnet.” Andy says rolling her eyes.

 

I turn my head back to look at her, and I see her having her right arm hooked around Natsu’s left. I haven’t seen him for what like a year, and wow how much he has changed. His sleek black hair has became a bit longer but still maintaining the curliness. His face has matured a bit, but still with a flawless complexion. His defined dark eyes looking down at the ground as he walked in. I couldn’t help but admire him, he lifts his head up as Summer drags him to her little clique table. Everyone in the room looked at them as Summer shrieked in happiness after seeing her clique of friends, Natsu glanced around the room, his face slightly expressionless. As he glanced he caught my gaze, his eyes slightly obtaining a bit of life for a split second. I gave a slight smile and looked away, I can feel my cheeks flush slightly. 

 

“You alright?” Kendra asks me.

 

“Ya, lunch is almost over so I better finish my lunch.” I say with a laugh. 

 

Grade 9 soon ends and grade 10 comes around, for some reason, Natsu and I have no classes together, and I rarely see him around the school. Occasionally I would but he’s always with Summer, I can tell something’s not particular right with this relationship of theirs. One day, I stayed behind after school to talk with my counselor. It was pretty late when I finished, school ended at 2:25pm, I finished at 3:07pm. The school is practically empty by now, well student-wise, I decide to head home since all of my friends did. I open the front door of the school and took a breath of fresh air, the afternoon sun shines down on me with its bright warm light. I take a look around the field of my high school, my eyes goes wide a little as I see someone sitting down on the edge of the cement pavement looking out at the green grass. His arms are holding his head, he looks slightly stressed. He has slightly long dark curly hair that is concealing his profile, he’s wearing dark clothes and he seem so still. He seem to be around my age, and somewhat familiar. I’m not afraid because he’s carrying a school bag on his back so I know he’s from school. Perhaps I can cheer him up, so I walk up to him, it doesn’t hurt to befriend another person. 

 

“Hey are you alright?” I ask the person.

 

The boy lowers his arm and turns to look at me, my eyes goes wide a little as I see his face. It’s Natsu. His expression changes a little bit as well, then he shows me a small smile.

 

“Ya I’m alright. Thanks for asking.” I responds.

 

I see this as a chance to finally talk to him, it’s rare to see him without Summer leeching onto him. 

 

“Mind if I sit down for a bit?” I ask him.

 

“No, not at all.” He says.

 

“Thanks.” I say as I sit down a few centimeters away from him.

 

The two of us sit there looking out at the green grass accompanied by the blue sky. 

 

“You seem to be deep in thought. Is something on your mind?” I ask him again.

 

Natsu turns to look at me and our eyes meet, he shows a shy smile and looks out again.

 

“It’s not easy to miss when someone’s not in their right state huh? He asks.

 

“Ya, a person’s feeling is evident when you see their facial expressions. You seemed down and by yourself so I assume that you have something going on. Not to pry, but does it have to do with Summer?” I ask him.

 

Natsu looks at me again with a slight surprised expression.

 

“How did you know?” He asks me surprised.

 

“Just a hunch. Knowing Summer, she usually never leaves her boyfriend unless if they get into a fight. So I’m guessing you guys got into an argument?” I ask him. 

 

Natsu lets out a sigh, and I clear my throat to lessen the tension hopefully.

 

“Uhm, well, of course I’m not going to push you to talk, but I’ll be here to listen if you do need to let out your stress a little.” I say to him. 

 

Natsu inhales.

 

“Ya, Summer and I had an argument.” He finally says. 

 

“I see, you don’t seem like the type to start arguments, I’m guessing she initiated the argument?” I say.

 

“We got in an argument because I was hanging out with my group of friends, I didn’t go find her after school. She got mad at me for not putting her in priority.” He says with a depleted laugh.

 

“Having seen Summer’s attitude through middle school, it’s not a surprise to see her giving other’s attitude. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you see in Summer that made you want to date her?” I ask him.

 

Natsu listened to my question and looked out, his brows are slightly furrowed. 

 

“ Her optimism? Her smile perhaps?” I ask him.

 

Natsu doesn’t say anything for a few seconds.

 

“Ya... I suppose.” he finally responds.

 

For some reason, he doesn’t seem to be happy to have agreed with it.

 

“I see, I’ve never been in a relationship before but I feel like I know a bit about it. Summer may be clingy, but if you look at every other relationships, commitment always makes a relationship work. Don’t you agree?” I ask him.

 

“It does.” Natsu says.

 

“Of course, if it becomes on an obsession level then that’s a problem. A relationship needs both people to make it work. If you love her, go talk with her. Figure things out and give it another try. Then, if things don’t work out again or if something similar happens, then break it off. Girl’s feelings are complicated, I understand. I’m cheering you on.” I say to him with a smile.

 

Natsu turns to me and shows a smile.

 

“Thanks for the pep talk and for listening to me. I’ll go talk with her tomorrow.” Natsu responds.

 

“No problem, glad I can get that small smile back on your face. Well if everything’s good now, I’ll get going. See you around.” I say to him standing up.

 

“Wait....” Natsu suddenly says.

 

“Yes?” I reply turning to face him.

 

Natsu stands up and turns towards me.

 

“We briefly bumped into each on the first day of grade 8 didn’t we?” He asks me.

 

“Yea... I believe so. I’m surprised that we don’t even have one single class together since then.” I say with a slight laugh.

 

“Ya, I would assume we would have at least one class together.” He says.

 

“Who knows, I suppose our fate just didn’t include having us in the same class.” I say with a laugh.

 

“Perhaps. I noticed that you know my name, but I don’t know yours.” He adds.

 

“Oh... right... the conversation just seemed to went so smoothly that I totally forgot. I’m—————-.” I say clearing my throat. 

 

“____________. It’s nice to officially meet you. Thanks again for the talk.” Natsu says.

 

“Ya no need, glad I could help. I noticed that you were carrying a backpack so I knew you were a student. You looked down so I wanted to help as much as a can. Glad I accomplished.” I reply with a smile. 

 

“I appreciate the effort and compassion__________. I don’t want to keep you here anymore. Hope to see you around school.” Natsu says.

 

“Oh no don’t worry about it, it was my decision to approach you. Ya, hope to see you around Natsu. Bye.” I say.

 

“Bye.” Natsu says with a smile.

 

“You have a nice smile, don’t lose it. See you.” I say to him with a wave.

 

Both Natsu and I smile at each other, it’s true, Natsu has a nice smile, such a shame that I don’t see him a lot because his smile is really nice to look at. I break the contact and walk away. I’m telling him to try and give his relationship another try, in truth I wish I didn’t. After talking to him, I involuntarily fell in love with him. A few weeks goes by, my friends and I are walking down the hall after school.

 

“Hey, did you guys know Summer and that Natsu guy broke up a few weeks ago? They got back together a few days ago.” Kendra asks us.

 

“Ya, Summer was all hyper recently and clinging onto Natsu all over again.” Andy says.

 

Well glad to hear that things worked out for Natsu. I hope they’ll be happy together. As we walk to the exit, from the corner of my eye, I can see a group of people walk towards the exit as well. It’s Natsu, with Summer holding his arm. Her girlfriends are beside her, and his guy friends are on his side talking. He has that expressionless face again, he look up and my eyes briefly saw his. But, I quickly look away. I’m afraid that if I look at him, I’ll feel jealousy. Time ticks by and another year goes by, and we’re in grade 10 now. A new year and there are more clubs and activities to do and participate. There were a lot of things, but I don’t know if I have anything I’m interested in. A few weeks goes by into the new school year and I decide to check out the music room after school. 

 

“Hey you going home?” Kendra asks.

 

“Not yet, I want to check the music room and see if I want to sign up for it.” I tell her.

 

“I see, well it’s not really mandatory you know.” She says with a laugh.

 

“I know, but it doesn’t hurt to check it out.” I reply sticking out my tongue at her.

 

We both laugh, I say goodbye to her and head to the music room. The room is big, and I can hear someone playing the drums in a private room. Since the person is in the separate room, I decide to take a look around the big empty room filled with musical equipments. I glide my hand along the piano and guitars that are standing elegantly in the room. The microphones placed snuggly in their holder stands. I was busy examining the piano in the back corner of the room that I didn’t notice the drumming has stopped, the door opened and a boy walked out. He has dark slightly curly hair covering his face, he’s wearing a black t-shirt with jeans. He didn’t notice me since I’m in the back of the room among the cluster of instruments, I watch him walk to the door and leave. I’m surprised that he didn’t close the light or door after leaving, guess I’ll close it after. Since the drum room is empty now, I get up and walk into the room. It’s a pretty big room since the drum set itself is pretty big. I touch the drum set, the drumsticks and the seat, it’s still warm since the person just left. I let my hand glide along the smooth metal, I close my eyes and for a few seconds. Then I hear footsteps coming back into the music room, I hear a pop can opening. I open my eyes in a panic and I turn around, the person walks back into the drum room and he just started drinking his pop. Our eyes meet and we both widen in shock, it’s Natsu. Natsu sees me and starts coughing, he chokes on his pop. 

 

“Oh my gosh, are you alright?!” I ask him taking the pop out of his hand.

 

“___________? Ya..... what are you... d..oing... doing here?” He asks me in between coughs.

 

“I didn’t mean to startle you. Take it easy, breathe slowly” I say patting and soothing his back without knowing.

 

“Thanks.” Natsu says taking a deep breath and giving one last strong cough to clear out his lungs.

 

“Better?” I ask him.

 

“Ya, what were you doing in here?” He asks me.

 

“Oh uh, I wanted to check out the music room and see if I’m interested in joining any clubs etc. I was in the other room for a bit earlier.” I tell him.

 

“You were? Why didn’t you say anything when I walked out earlier?” He asks me sitting down behind the drums.

 

“I uh... didn’t know who it was, so I stayed quiet, besides, I was in the back corner by the piano.” I respond my cheeks getting warmer in embarrassment.

 

“Ahh I see. I assume you were the type to befriend anyone if you just talk to them. Didn’t know you have a shy and quiet side as well.” Natsu says with a smile.

 

“I’m sure everyone has a shy side to them, I just happened to show that side earlier. Uhm, you play the drums I see.” I say changing the subject.

 

I look back at Natsu and he’s gazing at me with a small smile on his face, he then clears his throat and laughs a little.

 

“Ya, I like playing the drums, I’d come here about 3 days a week after school to practice.” Natsu responds.

 

“I see, and I guess the other 2 days are used for Summer?” I ask him.

 

“So you heard...” Natsu says with a sigh.

 

“Ya, Summer’s the popular girl in our grade, not particularly for good reasons, but not bad either. The whole grade knows everything that goes on around her, if it’s not from her, than it’s from her little clique of friends. I’m happy to hear you two worked it out after the little talk of ours.” I say to him.

 

“Ya well, Summer wanted to have this relationship work out so I’m trying my all in this relationship.” Natsu responds picking up a drumstick.

 

As I look at his expression, I can’t help but see that he’s unhappy.

 

“You look unhappy... is it something that you want to talk about?” I ask him.

 

Natsu looks back up at me, his dark beautiful eyes gazing into mine.

 

“I’m alright, don’t worry___________. Here sit down for a bit, want to hear the drums?” He asks me patting the seat beside him.

 

“Sure.” I respond with a smile, I take the seat beside him but giving him enough space to maneuver.

 

“It may be a bit loud, but the room absorbs the loudness just a little bit.” Natsu warns me.

 

“I listen to music and I know how loud drums can be. Don’t worry, you do your thing.” I say with a smile.

 

Natsu responds with his own smile, if I have to say, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him smile when he’s with Summer, but when the two of us are talking, he does. Since the first day, he has shown me a smile. Natsu picks up his drumsticks and straightens his back, he then hits the two big drums in front of him, and then he was off. His hand dances around the drums and the rhythmic beats fills the room, it was mesmerizing. I gaze at Natsu’s profile and he look so focused. I’m falling more and more in love with him as I spend time with him. His charismatic presence and his talent are captivating. Unfortunately, he’s not mine, he’s Summer’s. 2 minutes goes by and he finally finishes. He takes a deep breath and turns to me.

 

“How was that?” He asks me.

 

“It was exceptional, you’re very talented. Are you planning on starting a band when you get older?” I ask him.

 

“My friends, Hiro, Masa, Cazqui, and Daichi have been talking about it. Maybe starting a school band with the five of us, then who knows, maybe we’ll go big in the future.” Natsu says with a smile.

 

“I see, although I don’t know what your friends can play, but hearing how good you can play the drums. It’d be a waste if you didn’t show the world your talent. I’ll be cheering you on.” I say to him returning a smile.

 

“Thanks____________. You know, the more I think about it, the more I ponder about the past few years. If only we had met up sooner, would it still be like today?” Natsu asks.

 

“Well, we can’t go back to the past now, history is history. Although we didn’t met sooner, but look, we’re here in this room talking aren’t we? Fate is the most unexpected phenomenon in the whole universe. We just have to roll with it. The present is all that matters, the past is the past, the future will eventually become today. So let’s only think about today.” I say to him.

 

Natsu gazes at me with his defined eyes. 

 

“Talking to you really brightens up my day__________.” Natsu says with a smile.

 

“Ya well, I suppose as a friend, that’s what we should do for each other. But the person that’s suppose to spend quality time with you is Summer, not me. We’re friends aren’t we?” I ask him with a laugh.

 

For a split second I can kind of see a slight neutral expression on Natsu. He then shows me a quick smile.

 

“Of course we are. Ya, I suppose Summer is that person.” Natsu says turning back to his drums.

 

When I see him turn away from me, I feel a sharp jab in my chest. I probably made this conversation a bit awkward.

 

“Uhm, you playing for a bit longer?” I ask him.

 

“Ya, I’ll stay for another 15 minutes or so.” Natsu says picking up his drumsticks again.

 

“Alright, I’ll let you be. I have to get back home.” I say standing up.

 

“Thanks for talking with me____________.” Natsu says.

 

“Ya, no problem.” I respond back with a quick smile.

 

I then open the door and close it behind me. I walk to the outer door and I can hear the drumming starting. My face is burning, I open the door and walk out. Soon, another semester goes by, a new semester means new courses. In the previous semester I would occasionally see Natsu around in the hallways but we just slightly show a smile since he’s with Summer all the time. Sometimes, just acknowledging each other’s presence is enough then a full blown out conversation. I’m walking in the hallway after finishing my third class of the day, one more class to go and it’s English. As I look at my schedule to see if it’s the right room or not, I accidentally bump into someone at the door.

 

“Sorry.” I blurt out.

 

“_________?” A familiar voice asks.

 

I look up and in front me holding his own schedule is Natsu. Without knowing, a smile forms on my face. Natsu did too. 

 

“You in this class?” He asks me.

 

“Ya I am, and you?” I reply.

 

“Yea, I’m in this English class as well. Wow, first class together. It’s kind of surprising to be honest.” Natsu says.

 

“Tell me about it, are y...” I start.

 

“Hey Natsu!” A voice calls.

 

We both turn around to see one of his friends. He has broad shoulders and black hair. 

 

“Hiro, you’re in this class too?” Natsu asks.

 

“Yea I am, man, your girlfriend’s been asking me about you all lunch, I told her I didn’t know where you were, which was true.” His friend Hiro says pushing back his hair.

 

“I was in the music room practicing.” Natsu replies.

 

“Summer sure is clingy, I mean it’s fine to wonder but 24/7 is a bit much don’t you think?” Hiro asks him.

 

“Well, first time being in a relationship, we just have to roll with it I suppose. Oh uh ya, Hiro, this is______________. A good friend of mine.” Natsu says remembering.

 

Hiro turns to me and smiles.

 

“Hi, nice to meet you___________, you in this class with Natsu?” He asks me.

 

“Yea, this is actually our first class together since.... middle school.” I reply with a laugh.

 

“Oh really? How did the two of you meet then if you’ve never had a class together till now?” Hiro asks surprised.

 

“We had a conversation after school one day back in middle school and we hit it off from there.” Natsu says slightly looking at me.

 

I can feel the embarrassment creeping up on my cheeks.

 

“Wow, such fate huh? Well good, I’m in this class too. Come on we better head to class be...” Hiro starts.

 

“Natsu!” A girl’s voice shouts from behind me.

 

The three of us turn around to see Summer running up towards us. I can slightly hear Hiro sighing a little bit. I stepped out of the way as Summer literally crashed into Natsu. 

 

“There you are! Thanks goodness I switched into this English class.” Summer says.

 

“You switched class? Why?” Natsu asks her.

 

“So I can be in the same class as you.” Summer replies pouting.

 

Hiro walks up beside me and slightly leans against the door frame.

 

“You can tell on Natsu’s face that he’s not thrilled.” Hiro says.

 

“Ya... Does he smile a lot when he’s with her?” I ask him.

 

“Rarely, he smiled the first day that they met, but after becoming bf and gf, his smile completely vanished.” Hiro replies.

 

“I see, he was pretty down that day the first time I talked with him, apparently he got into a fight with Summer.” I whisper to him.

 

“Oh ya, that day. Summer was being a bit unreasonable and demanding too much from Natsu, Natsu lost his patience a little bit and Summer broke up with him. To be honest, our other pals, Cazqui, Daichi, and Masa don’t really like her that much.” Hiro whispers back.

 

“Ah. You know, I actually asked him that day what made him fall in love with Summer, he couldn’t really give me an answer.” I whisper to him.

 

I turn to look at Hiro, his brows were slightly furrowed and he’s looking at Natsu and Summer.

 

“I suppose love is a confusing subject, there are endless of unanswered questions.” Hiro says giving me a friendly grin.

 

“Hiro! Come on! Let’s go to class!” Summer says grabbing Hiro with Natsu in her other arm.

 

Natsu looks at me and I show him a quick smile, the next thing I know, Hiro and Natsu were dragged into class. I sighed.

 

“Hey_________. What are you doing outside?” A familiar voice asks.

 

“Kendra.” I say with a smile seeing that I’m not alone.

 

“You in this English class too?” She asks.

 

“Yup, I’m guessing you are too. Come on, class is about to start.” I say.

 

The two of us walk in, and in the back corner are the three of them. Hiro is on the right, Summer in the middle and Natsu on the left. Hiro looks annoyed with his head propped on his arm. Summer is talking away to Natsu who’s just sitting there and I assume, listening to her. As we walked to the other side of the room with two empty desks, I glance at Natsu, Natsu lifts his head a little and our eyes meet again. I show a quick smile again, not wanting Summer to catch me because girls can get overprotective and mad. Just like that, a new semester begins. Although I don’t like English that much, but knowing that Natsu is in the same class with me gives me that boost to get through the day. Every morning, if we’re early, Natsu and I would talk. One day, Summer is sick and so is Kendra, Natsu and Hiro were by themselves in the back and myself on the other side of the room. After school, I pack up my stuff when Hiro walks over. Since Summer is like a chain to those two, the three of us rarely talk in class or during break. 

 

“Hey_______ you busy after school?” Hiro asks.

 

“No not really, what’s up?” I reply back.

 

“Natsu and I are heading the music room to practice with the other guys, you want to come along for a bit?” He asks.

 

I glance over at Natsu and he just finished packing.

 

“You sure? I really don’t want to bother you when you’re practicing.” I say to him.

 

“Nonsense, being in a band, you’re suppose to show and express your music. You’ll be our first audience.” Hiro says.

 

“Oh our school’s first band, so you guys actually formed one?” I ask surprised that Natsu didn’t tell me.

 

“Ya, and of course, Natsu is our drummer. Come on, it won’t be too long. What do you say? It’s kind of rare to have some free time for Natsu you know.” Hiro asks with a laugh.

 

I look at Natsu again, its true. He rarely has time for himself because of Summer. Honestly, I do want to spend some quality time with him. Because I like him?

 

“Ok. Ya I’ll hear you guys out.” I reply.

 

“Great! Let’s go.” Hiro says putting his arm over Natsu’s shoulder.

 

The three of us walk to the music room on the first floor. Hiro slides opens the door and there stands three other boys, all three of them are holding a guitar except one is a bass. 

 

“Masa, Daichi, Cazqui, this is_________, a good friend of ours.” Hiro says introducing me to them.

 

The three of them turn to look at me and gave me a friendly smile. The one with the bass guitar is Masa, he has brownish color hair that covers just bit over his eyes. Daichi is very beautiful looking, almost as beautiful as a girl to be honest. He has Natsu’s hair length and slightly tousled as well. Cazqui has really large bright eyes, his hair nicely frames his face and his grayish silver in color. I can tell he also likes white. 

 

“So this is the band. I have to say very stylish.” I say with a smile.

 

“Well, a band’s gotta have their unique look am I right?” Masa asks with a laugh.

 

“Absolutely right. From the looks, it’s going to be quite a heavy band.” I say looking them over.

 

“You got that right. Come on let’s get it started.” Hiro says.

 

“There’s a chair over there, and hope you won’t go deaf afterwards.” Natsu says taking out his drumsticks.

 

“Don’t worry about it, you go do your stuff, I’m here to witness your greatness.” I say with a laugh.

 

Natsu smiles and nods.

 

“Thanks________.” Natsu says.

 

Without another word he goes behind the drum set, Hiro takes the vocal position and the three guitarists with theirs. Natsu seems so full of energy when he’s drumming, not to mention the smile he shows. With a countdown from Natsu, the band starts playing. Masa’s bass is heavy and alluring, Cazqui’s fingers playing the strings on his guitar is flawless and on point. Daichi supporting Cazqui with his softer guitar, and Hiro’s deep and rich voice pulls everything together. Natsu’s rhythmic drumming capturing the attention of all and keeping everything in sync. As I listen to this young band with these 5 talented young guys, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of Natsu. He’s so focused and looks so happy, between his drumming, my heart beats along with it. I then realize that I want to be there to support him in his happiest moments, I want to see him smile more. Knowing that I’m just a friend is what pains me, it’s not my job and place to spend the rest of my life with him, Summer has taken that role. I should be content with fate for allowing me to meet him. I need to be content with what I have, I can’t ask for more. My heart beats with his flawless drumming. I’ll be cheering you on Natsu and the rest of them. The semester is coming to an end and Summer is around the corner. 

 

“Hey__________, the grade 10’s are going to the amusement park tomorrow for a celebration, you going?” Andy asks me during lunch.

 

“Everyone?” I ask her surprised. 

 

“The majority of the grade yea. Come on, grade 10 is over. We’re all going.” Kendra says.

 

“Alright, I’ll go, we all meeting up there?” I ask them.

 

“My mom can pick us all up around 5 tomorrow.” Jeanie suggests.

 

“That’d be great. Thanks Jeanie.” Andy says.

 

So we decided that Jeanie’s mom will pick the four of us up tomorrow, and after tomorrow, Summer break begins. Tomorrow finally arrives, I dress up and wait for Jeanie to pick me up, around 4:50PM, she finally comes. Andy and Kendra are already in the car.

 

“You excited?” Andy asks me.

 

“Well it’s not like I’ve never been to one before. But I suppose going as a whole class is quite new.” I respond looking at the passing scenery. 

 

20 minutes later, we arrive at the amusement park, the front gate were filled with students. At this time, if we want to communicate it’s either through verbal communication or online messaging. So ya, getting a phone was a bit hard. With that being said, we would have to stick close together. When we entered the other students started running towards the rides.

 

“Let’s go on the ferris wheel!” Andy shouts.

 

We all run towards the ride, Andy, Jeanie, sat together while Kendra and I sat together. The ferris wheel goes around 3 times before we got off. We then went on rollercoasters, and then played small arcades, bumper cars and viking. It was amazingly fun. The girls went to the washroom so I waited for them, I looked around the lively place filled with laughter and screaming. Kids running around with adults following behind them. The other students are running around and hanging out while others went on rides. It’s a lovely day. When the girls comes back out we decided to go on rides that the others don’t feel like it.

 

“I want to go on that bungee ride.” Kendra says.

 

“I want to that go on the tall rollercoaster, it looks absolutely thrilling.” Andy says clapping her hands together.

 

“I want to try the new fun house, how about you?” Jeanie says asking me.

 

I thought about it, it seems like the new haunted house is something that I could try.

 

“I want to try the haunted house, it looks interesting.” I say to them.

 

“By yourself?” Kendra asks me.

 

“Well, I’m sure you can go by yourself, or you can go in groups. Since none of you guys want to try the haunted house guess it’s only myself.” I say with a shrug.

 

They all look at each other in guilt.

 

“Sorry_________.” Jeanie says.

 

I laugh and gently nudged them.

 

“Don’t worry about it, it’s something that I want to try.” I say to them.

 

“Alright then, how about meeting at the front gate in about an hour or so? Then we’ll go home, it’s close to 8pm.” Andy says.

 

We all nod in agreement and then we head off to our preferred rides. When I arrive outside of the haunted house, not a lot of people were there.

 

“Guess it’s still pretty new, too scary maybe?” I thought to myself.

 

I walk up to the person that supervised the attraction, he’s dressed up as a zombie.

 

“For one please.” I tell him.

 

“How old are you?” He asks me nicely.

 

“I’m 16” I answer him.

 

He then frowns as he hear my age.

 

“Unfortunately we can’t allow underaged people to go in there alone, someone else has to accompany you, mostly better if it’s an adult.” He says.

 

“Is the attraction that scary?” I ask him surprised.

 

“It’s a new attraction so we won’t know what will happen if something doesn’t go as planned, especially for younger visitors. It’s just for safety precautions.” He says.

 

“I see... wish I had some of my friends here to back me up.” I say sighing.

 

“I’ll go in it with you.” A familiar voice says behind me.

 

I turn around to see Natsu walking up to me. He shows me a gentle smile.

 

“Natsu, what are you doing here? Are you alone?” I ask him.

 

“No, Hiro and the others are here but they’re lining up for the water rollercoaster. Summer tagged along with her girlfriends and they’re lining up to go on the viking together.” Natsu replies.

 

“I see. You didn’t want to ride any of those?” I ask him with a laugh.

 

“Ya, I don’t like getting wet especially in jeans, ya... not a good feeling. Summer literally dragged her girlfriends off without giving me much of a heads up. So here I am, just walking around when I saw you. You want to go into the Haunted House together?” Natsu asks me.

 

“Uhm... sure. Is that alright if it’s the two of us?” I turn to ask the supervisor.

 

“I don’t see why not, two is better than one. Enjoy.” He says with a nod.

 

“Great, let’s go, I haven’t gone into a haunted house in a while.” Natsu says leading the way. 

 

When we entered the doorway, everything went dark. Black lights gave the the attraction a dark eerie glow of green and purple. Unfortunately it’s a walking attraction, since the room is so dark, I couldn’t see what’s below my feet. 

 

“You alright?” I hear Natsu asking me.

 

“Ya, I feel blind that’s all.” I reply with a laugh.

 

“It’s expected.” He replies. 

 

Occasionally, loud banging and crazy laughter would play through the speakers, props of coffins and tombstones line the edges. Fake smoke would shoot out once in a while, we walked for about 5 minutes already, it’s a 10 min attraction max. We arrive in a narrow room, with painted doors on the side with sliding peepholes just eye level. The room is illuminated in a dark crimson red light, I can see Natsu in front of me. It’s a narrow room but it’s pretty long. There’s about a 3-4 person width across the room, not the best place to be if you’re claustrophobic. I accidentally tripped on one of the cords as we walked. 

 

“Woah.” I let out as I found my balance.

 

“You alright?” Natsu asks me turning around.

 

“Ya, I’m good.” I reply.

 

“Here take my hand.” Natsu says holding his palm out to me.

 

I just look at him surprised.

 

“In case you trip again, I’ll hold your hand to keep you balanced.” Natsu says with a gentle smile.

 

I look at his hand and nod. I take his hand, it’s warm and strong. I feel safe as I hold his hand. He then gently tug me along the room.

 

“You’re really brave Natsu, you’re not scared easily are you?” I ask him.

 

“You can say that, all guys wants to look their best and be brave in front of girls. I’m just one of them.” Natsu says with a laugh.

 

“Are you afraid of anything?” I ask him.

 

Natsu doesn’t say anything for a second.

 

“Many, but there’s just one thing that I’m afraid more than anything.” He says.

 

“And what is th...” I begin.

 

A peephole suddenly slides open from one of the doors with a loud slam.

 

“Run!” A loud voice echos through the room.

 

I panicked and I lunged forward without knowing. I accidentally kicked one of the wooden prop box on the ground and I begin to fall forward, Natsu sensing that I’m pulling his arm down with him turns to face me. Unfortunately, inertia took control and I topple over Natsu. We hit the ground with me laying on top of him.

 

“Humph... are you alright Natsu?!” I ask him shocked.

 

“Yea..” Natsu lets out with a groan.

 

“I’m so sorry!” I say propping myself up.

 

As I do so, I come just inches from his face. In the dark red light I can see his eyes opening up and finding mine. No words were spoken, we just looked at each other. Natsu then lifts a finger and gently tucks a loose lock of hair behind my right ear. Natsu’s arm were around my waist from the fall. The next thing I know, Natsu lifts his head up slightly towards mine, and I myself am leaning towards him. It felt like a magnet. A mutual attraction almost. He wasn’t forcing me, nor was I forcing myself to do this. But we are about to kiss. Natsu’s lips eventually comes just centimeters away from mine, I can feel his calm breathing through his mouth against mine. I close my eyes without knowing, I can feel the gentle heat from his skin.  But then, I come to my senses. He’s Summer’s boyfriend, I can’t do this, it’s not right. I open my eyes just when we kissed, I quickly move my face to the side passing his.

 

“Uhm, let’s get out of here before another peephole slams open.” I say with an awkward laugh.

 

Natsu doesn’t say anything, but then I hear him inhale.

 

“Yea.” He says with a slight disappointment and sadness in his voice.

 

I pull him up and he leads the way again. No words were said for the rest of the attraction. We exit the attraction after another 6 minutes, it was painful to be honest but the action had to be taken. After the sunlight hits our eyes again, I see Summer walking down the street towards us. Natsu turns around, he looks like he wants to talk to me.

 

“___________, listen...” Natsu begins.

 

“Uhm thanks for going on the attraction with me Natsu, Summer’s coming so I’ll get going now. I’ll see you around.” I say to him cutting him off.

 

Natsu’s expression looks shocked, he then looks behind me and caught onto Summer. He then looks back at me.

 

“See you.” I say to him with a gentle smile and I give his arm a gentle squeeze. 

 

Without another word I left before Summer caught on. I walk slowly to the front gate and just waited for my three friends, I didn’t have any more motivation to play anymore.

 

“Why did I move away?” I ask myself.

 

Yes, I realize that I’m in love with Natsu, but I know it’s also not right to let my emotions get the best of me. Natsu is Summer’s, and Summer is his. Today, I realize that Natsu may have feelings for me. Unfortunately, I couldn’t let those feelings surface. Regardless, I will always love him silently, I’ll always support him. Although I love him, I hope he’ll take control of his emotions and figure things out. Without knowing, an hour goes by, and I see Kendra, Jeanie, and Andy walking towards me. I smile as I see them, after telling each other about our preferred attractions. The day finally ends and we all head home. With that, grade 10 ends. I won’t be seeing anyone from our grade for years to come. 

 

“Honey, we’ll be moving in with your grandparents for a few years, they need us to help take care of them.” My father says sitting us down during dinner.

 

My eyes goes wide at the sudden announcement.

 

“But dad, grandma and grandpa lives 3 cities away, that means I have to start grade 11 at a new school.” I say to him.

 

“I know sweetie but grandpa and ma needs us to take care of them for these few years. I know it’ll be hard to adjust but things in life requires change in order to advance. After your finish high school you’re free to do what you like, you can come back here again if you’d like.” My mother says.

 

I look down at my food and I lost my appetite. When I return to my room I just flop down onto my bed. 

 

“I won’t be seeing anyone after summer break, I won’t be able to see Kendra, Andy, Jeanie, Hiro, Masa, Cazqui, Daichi... and Natsu anymore.” I thought to myself. 

 

I didn’t feel like doing anything for the rest of the night, we’re moving in a week. I need to meet up with my three friends before I leave. Perhaps... if fate allows us to meet before my departure, I’ll clear things up with Natsu.

The days roll by, and manage to meet up with Kendra, Andy, and Jeanie. The day before I leave, I decide to go to my school’s playground. It’s a beautiful day, might as well spend the last day on the swings in this beautiful summer. The playground is empty, I walk towards the swing set and I sit down on one of them, I use my feet to push myself backwards and lift them off and let the momentum carry me higher. The warm summer air breeze past me, I close my eyes and breath in the fresh air. I hold on tight to the chains, soon enough I feel the swing slowly coming to a stop, my hair has stopped swaying. I eventually doze off I think. When I come back to my senses, I feel something draped on my shoulders. I open my eyes to see the sky is still blue, I lift my head away from the metal chains that held my seat. 

 

“Guess I only fell asleep for a little while. What is this?” I whisper to myself.

 

I touch the thing that is draped over me, it’s a black leather jacket. I then turn to my left to the swing next to me, my eyes open in surprise. Natsu is leaning against the chains and his eyes are closed, he’s wearing a black t-shirt. His fair skin is flawless, his black curly hair giving him that youthful look. He’s asleep, and I suppose the jacket is his. Why is he here? Did he watch me sleep and then eventually fell asleep himself? I smile as I see him gently inhaling and exhaling, I lean over a little without knowing. My left hand’s fingers reaches to brush aside the curly lock of hair in front of his face, but I stop myself. 

 

“You can’t do this____________. There’s nothing between you two, and there won’t be. You’re leaving tomorrow and who knows when you’ll see him again.” I think to myself.

 

I look back at his sleeping face, I stand up quietly and drape the jacket over him gently. Apparently, it wasn't gentle enough. Natsu’s eyes slowly flutters open and he lets out a drowsy groan.

 

“_________? You’re up?” He asks with a yawn.

 

I straighten my back up quickly and clear my throat.

 

“Ya, and I see you are too. Sorry, didn’t mean to wake you.” I say with an awkward laugh. 

 

“No, don’t worry about it, I just dozed off for like a few minutes actually, I should go home and nap.” Natsu says.

 

I feel like I should tell him that I’m moving but a part of me also wants to keep that part hidden from him. I didn’t say anything as I thought about it and Natsu noticed.

 

“____________, you alright?” He asks me pulling me back into reality.

 

“Hm? Ya. Ya I’m fine.” I reply.

 

“Listen, about that day.... at the amusement park.” Natsu suddenly says.

 

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it. Don’t put too much thoughts into it.” I tell him with a smile.

 

Natsu looks shocked for a second as I said that, it made me feel guilty and cruel.

 

“But what if there may be something between us_________?” Natsu suddenly asks.

 

I just stare back at his dark eyes as he searched mine for an answer.

 

“There’s only a what if, no concrete answer. There’s nothing between us Natsu. I’m not yours and you’re not mine. We’re just friends, that’s all. I don’t want to lose our friendship over a misunderstanding.” I tell him.

 

“Misunderstanding? I can promise you right here that this isn’t a misunderstanding__________. I like you. I like you, not Summer.” He tells me.

 

“Then why are you dating her?” I ask him the same question again that I did that day so long ago.

 

Natsu’s eyes goes wide for a second and then shifts his gaze. I feel bad for asking him such a difficult question, but I hope it can help him figure out his feelings. 

 

“Look, I’m not trying to put you in a difficult position Natsu, you’re a good friend, and you’ll always be a good friend to me. I don’t want to lose a friend like you. There won’t be a good future for us if I reciprocate your feelings. We won’t be going anywhere with our fantasy relationship, we are young, a commitment takes both people. Unfortunately, I can’t be the other person. If I have to say this, I think this will save you a lot of pain Natsu.” I finally say to him with a gentle tone.

 

“How? How will it save me from the pain?” Natsu asks me. 

 

I look into his eyes again, and I wish I can tell him that I’m moving and that’s the reason.

 

“Because what you don’t know can prevent you from getting hurt. I’m saving you from it.” I tell him.

 

Natsu looks at me and then walks up to me and squeezes my arm gently.

 

“There’s something going on isn’t there? You can tell me, I’ll help anyway I can. I’ll help you just like how you helped me then.” Natsu asks me pleading.

 

How I wish I can tell you, but I can’t. I’m leaving this place, who knows when I’ll come back. When I do, you could probably be gone.

 

“It’s something personal, something that I need to deal with alone.” I tell him gently pulling his hands off of my arm.

 

“I need you to let me go Natsu, don’t hold on to something or someone that hurts you. Someone like me. You told me your feelings, I’m grateful for them, but I can’t return them. “ I tell him again.

 

“_______.” Natsu says quietly.

 

I look up at the sky and it’s slowly turning orange. I need to head home and pack. I look back at Natsu, how I wish I can tell him everything, but I can’t because I know nothing can come out of it.

 

“Thanks for everything Natsu, I have to go now. Just know that wherever I am, or who you’re with, I’ll always support you, I’ll be cheering you on on your drumming career. I have to go now. Goodbye.” I tell him with a gentle smile.

 

I let go of his arm and walk away. Away from the boy I love. 

 

“____________. I’ll find you when school starts again, I’ll make sure to show you how much I like you. Believe me please.” He says from behind.

 

I stop in my track, I can feel tears well up in my eyes but I can’t look back at him. I then run home. 

 

“You won’t find me in school anymore.” I think to myself.

 

That night, I pack all of my things, it’s a way to keep my mind off of everything. Before I head to bed, I look out my window onto the lit street under the night sky.

 

“I love you too Natsu, but our fate leads us on a different path.” I whisper out into the cool night.

 

I then close my window and head to bed on the ground. I close my eyes and soon drift off into a lonely slumber. The sun rises and with a last glance at the house that I grew up in, I moved away. Away from everyone, Kendra, Andy, Jeanie, the guys, and the boy that I fell in love with, Natsu.

 

“I’m sorry Natsu...” I thought to myself.

 

The city soon disappeared and my new life starts. I finish high school in my new school in the new city, and I moved to another city to attend university. The years goes by one by one, and as time went on my thoughts on Natsu slowly diminished. In time, I eventually graduated my four years in university as well. I'm now in my mid to late 20’s now. As time advanced, we have advanced new technologies, portable phone’s exists now. An social networks exists as well. I managed to find Kendra on SNS and messaged her.

 

“Heyy how’ve you been?” I messaged her.

 

“________? Omg it’s been forever. How’ve you been?” She writes back.

 

“Good, finished Uni and I’m planning on visiting the old place for a while.” I tell her.

 

“Wonderful! That’s great, heyy I’m actually looking for a roommate, I’m actually studying for my masters degree. Since you’re coming back here, you want to be my roommate?” She asks me.

 

“But a roommate is like for a whole semester or a few years, I’m actually only dropping by for a few days.” I write back.

 

“You sure you don’t want to move back here for a while? I mean you’re an adult now, it’s time to get a hold of your life.” She writes.

 

I sit there reading her message, and I suppose she’s right. I’m not a kid anymore, I’ve accomplish everything in my youth, it’s time to do something that I want.

 

“Alright, I’ll be ya roommate, see you in a few days.” I write back.

 

“Woo hoo!!! We can have a girl’s night with the others too. Oh.. and, Natsu asked about you after grade 11 started. I told him that you moved.” She writes back.

 

“He did?” I asked.

 

“Ya he did, he looked broken after hearing that, I didn’t know you two were such good friends. Say, there’s a popular band performing at the local theatre in 2 days want to go?” She asks me.

 

“Uhm... not sure.” I reply.

 

“Well too bad, I bought the tickets just now.” She says.

 

I was dumbstruck. I sighed but laughed.

 

“Stubborn aren’t you? XD” I typed.

 

“You know it, lol see you soon.” I typed.

 

“See ya~” she replies.

 

I close the sns, and sit back against the back rest of my chair.

 

“It’s time to do something that I want.” I say to myself. 

 

I told my parents about my move, and she told me the same thing. It’s time for me to do my own thing. The next day, I pack the essentials, and head off to to my hometown. My grandparents are still going strong, but my parents has decided to take care of them. It’s about 3/4 of the day till I arrived back to the city, and tomorrow is the said concert. I finally arrive at Kendra’s new apartment.

 

“I’m going to be so tired tomorrow, I don’t know if I can make it to the concert.” I say flopping down onto my bed after unpacking everything and setting up my bed.

 

“I’ll drag you then. Get some rest_________.” Kendra says draping a blanket over me.

 

“Night.” I say.

 

“Night.” She replied closing the light for me.

 

The next day I actually woke up, I decided to go shopping to kill time and to help fill up the fridge with food. When night arrives, Kendra drives the two of us to the concert hall. There were a lot of people there. I look up at the banner and it says. “NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST.” 

 

“Is it a heavy metal band? It sounds pretty dark.” I ask her.

 

“No idea, my friend suggested it to me. Didn’t search it up. Who cares, if’s an experience right?” She says with a laugh.

 

“Ya, sure.” I reply with an awkward smile. 

 

We eventually entered into the theatre, the band’s name is on the back of the stage. We were placed in the middle-front area. So we got a good view of the stage. Everyone were talking, they were mostly consists of girls and women.

 

“They must be pretty popular with girls.” I say with a laugh.

 

“Seems like it.” Kendra says taking out her phone. 

 

Another 10 minutes later, the light dimmed, and the concerts starts but I have to go to the bathroom. The stage lights up a bit and I see the drumset again and microphones.

 

“Where are you going?” Kendra asks me as I stand up.

 

“I have to go to the bathroom.” I say.

 

“Now? The members are about to come out.” Kendra says. 

 

“Ugh fine, but I have to go right after.” I tell her.

 

“Ya no problem.” Kendra says. 

 

I then sit back down and wait for the band members to come out. I close my eyes as the entrance music starts playing. 

 

“Ladies and gentleman, let’s introduce the drummer of Nocturnal Bloodlust, Natsu!” The voice booms through the stadium.

 

My eyes open wide as I hear the name. 

 

“Natsu....” I say out loud.

 

“Natsu’s in the band?” Kendra asks surprised. 

 

We both look up at the stage and a young man in leather bottom, a black top and black  jacket and silver chains walks out. His black hair is sleek and straight now, it’s styled to frame his face and over his neck. He has grown, a lot. It’s been years since I last saw him. He’s grown in size and he’s built and slim. His face has matured, the same flawless skin still laces his appearance, his face more defined and handsome. His eyes gorgeous as ever slightly dark by eyeshadow. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. Years of not seeing him, I’m falling in love all over again. Natsu waves at the audience and they cheer, he sits back down behind his drumset and picks up his drumsticks. 

 

“He’s finally in a band, a proper band who has gained its own popularity.” I think to myself with a smile.

 

Since the audience is so dark he can’t see me. Then Daichi comes out, followed by Cazqui, Masa, and then Hiro. The whole gang. Their dream finally in reality. I’m happy that I’m here to watch them perform, to support them. A tinge of guilt laces my heart and mind though, for not telling Natsu about where I’m going. I listen to them perform their songs, watching Natsu playing his drums with charisma and dynamic. It was mesmerizing.

 

“Hey you still going to the bathroom?” Kendra asks me.

 

“Huh? Oh ya.” I reply back to her.

 

I stand up and quietly head off to the bathroom when they just finished a song. After washing my hands, I look at myself in the mirror.

 

“Do you want to meet him one day?” I ask myself.

 

I then return back to the 3 hour concert. Everyone else were standing up and cheering and going along with the beat, even Kendra. I on the other hand, was lost in thought and just there and listened as I looked at Natsu. The dying spark of love for Natsu is slowly igniting itself. The three hours went by quickly than I thought. The five of them bowed to their audience and left the stage, the theatre lights comes on right after they exit off the stage. A part of me wished it came on before they left the stage. The two of us sat down for a while, and waited for everyone else to leave as to not get caught in the trampling of feet. 

 

“Yo, I didn’t know they actually formed a band, but I have fo say, they were amazing.” Kendra says stretching her back.

 

“Ya, they were.” I reply with a smile as I stare at the empty drumset.

 

“Can’t believe we use to be schoolmates, the good old times eh, if only Natsu knew that you came back he would be thrilled.” Kendra says.

 

“I’m not sure about that, I can only hope.” I say inhaling deeply.

 

“Come on let’s get going before they tell us to leave.” Kendra says dragging me up.

 

The two of us exit out of the auditorium and head for the door, there were still some people outside waiting for their rides and such. The two of us walk towards the door when I have to head to the washroom again.

 

“Ok, I’ll be in the parking lot.” Kendra say.

 

I nod and head straight to the washroom. I kind of took my time, I wanted to clear my thoughts a little bit. I probably stayed in the washroom for about 5 minutes or so, I decided that I shouldn't make Kendra wait any longer. I wash my hands and exit. As I do, I turn to my right and see 5 young men walking down the hallway towards the exit as well. By now, the front entrance is empty. I realize it’s them, Hiro, Masa, Cazqui, Daichi, and Natsu. Years has gone by and I know I matured and changed,  but I didn’t change too much I hope. I pretend I didn’t see them, luckily, Hiro is talking to Masa, Cazqui has his eyes down as he walked, Daichi is talking to Natsu as he’s looking at his phone. I turn towards the exit and walked out. The cool breeze of the night breezes pass my face. I step down from the steps and head towards the parking lot, the door behind me opens and I turn around. Apparently, Natsu is the first one out. He goes through his phone a little and put it away and shoves both his hands in his jeans pocket. He looks up at the night sky and then back down and he scans the area, his eyes then finds me. I couldn’t move, and neither did he. He just kind of tilted his head as he looked at me, all I could do is raise a hand and slightly wave at him in a friendly gesture. The few lights that lit up the whole area allows him to see me clearly,  but the distance prevented him from seeing my face.  He looks confused and curious but he raises his hand and slightly waved back at me, kind of in a cautious matter. I don’t blame him, he doesn’t know who I am. I can only show him a gentle smile, at the point, it seems like Natsu is about to come over and talk to me. Then, Hiro and the others come out. Natsu turns around as Hiro walks up to him and places an arm around his shoulders. I take the time to head to Kendra’s car, once again, leaving Natsu. I’m glad that I got to see him again after so many years. After getting in the car, we decide to eat something a Mcdonald’s. After eating we just sit there for a bit talking and drinking our pop.

 

“What took you so long in the washroom? Did you had a stomachache?” She asks me.

 

“No, I just had some stuff to figure out, and I saw Natsu on the way out.” I tell her.

 

“Oh.... can I ask you a question?” Kendra suddenly asks.

 

“Ya sure.” I reply back.

 

“Natsu likes you doesn’t he? And you him?” She asks me.

 

I look at her surprised at the sudden question, I didn’t answer back.

 

“Your silence tells me everything. The way his face fell drastically that day when he asked me where you were told me as well. I can tell that he likes you, but do you like him?” Kendra asks me.

 

“To be honest, I have liked him ever since the first day I saw him on the first day of grade 8. And I still do.” I tell her. 

 

“If you do then go for it. If you ever happen to meet him in person again, tell him.” Kendra says holding my hand.

 

“Thanks.” I say taking a sip of my drink. 

 

“Come on let’s go, it’s almost midnight.” Kendra says looking at her watch. 

 

“Ya.” I reply back. 

 

The two of us gets up and I can hear footsteps behind me, I push in my chair and I turn around. I then bump into someone. 

 

“Ooof.” I let out at the collision.

 

“You alright?” The person asks.

 

I open my eyes in realization of the voice.

 

“Natsu? Hiro? Masa? Cazqui? Daichi?” I can hear Kendra behind me. 

 

I look up and I see Natsu looking at me, his big bright eyes boring into mine as he held my arms. 

 

“Kendra?” Hiro asks surprised. 

 

“Ya, what a coincidence, we were at your concert earlier. You guys out for a midnight snack?” Kendra asks.

 

“Ya, looks like you were too. Who is this?” Masa asks.

 

Natsu continues to observe my face and then suddenly widens a little in realization.

 

“___________?” He asks me.

 

“Hi Natsu, guys.” I say with a shy smile.

 

“My, it’s been years since we last saw you, look how beautiful you two got.” Hiro says with a smile.

 

“We can say the same for you.” Kendra replies. 

 

“__________, you’re back...” Natsu finally says. 

 

“Ya, I’m glad to see you guys are living in your dreams.” I say to them with a smile.

 

“Thanks for coming to watch us__________, Kendra.” Cazqui says.

 

“Can I talk to you outside?” Natsu asks me. 

 

Nervousness takes over me and I slightly glance at the others, Kendra and the guys all seem to know everything between us.

 

“You guys go ahead, we’ll order something for you Natsu.” Masa says.

 

“Thanks guys.” Natsu replies.

 

Kendra jerks her head slightly to tell me to go on. 

 

“Ok.” I answer him.

 

Natsu and I then head out into the quiet cool night. I walk out and sit down at a table located outside. Natsu then sits across from me, the two of us just sits there for a few seconds, trying to get use to each other’s presence again.

 

“You were amazing today on that stage.” I finally speak first.

 

Natsu looks at me surprised but then smiled, his eyes turning in a slight eyesmile.

 

“Thanks, and thanks for coming.” He says.

 

I nod, it’s been years, but I think it’s about time for me to tell him everything.

 

“Uhm Natsu, sorry about not telling you about me moving.” I tell him.

 

“Don’t worry about it, Kendra told me back in grade 11. I can understand why you didn’t tell me, and why you said those things to me that day at the playground.” Natsu says looking at his hands.

 

“I’m sorry to have hurt your feelings Natsu, but I hope you’d understand why I had to reject you. You were Summer’s.” I tell him.

 

“I broke up with Summer when grade 11 started. She threw a tantrum but I didn’t want the two of us to be locked in a relationship in which I didn’t love her.” Natsu says.

 

“Natsu...” I manage to let out.

 

“I thought that breaking away from the chains, I could finally show you how much I loved you. But you left by then already.” Natsu says looking back up at me.

 

“I suppose at the time, our fates wasn’t on our side.” I say looking up at the sky.

 

“Perhaps. It wasn’t easy, but I tried to forget you, but after seeing you again today, the feelings all came rushing back.” Natsu says. 

 

“Feelings are complicated aren’t they? Seeing a dear friend again is such a wonderful time in life.” I say to him with a gentle smile.

 

“It is, but time has allowed us to figure them out. How about a date as friends the day after tomorrow?” Natsu asks me.

 

“A date as friends?” I ask him surprised.

 

“Yea, I suppose it can act as a bonding time after not seeing each other for so long.” Natsu says.

 

I smile at his words, and nod.

 

“Great, you have a phone?” He asks me.

 

“Yea I do, finally.” I say with a laugh.

 

“If only we had phones then, then communicating would have been so much easier.” Natsu says taking his phone.

 

“I know, thank goodness for modern era.” I say giving him my number. 

 

“Yea, so much more convenient.” Natsu replies.

 

I look back at him after I give his phone back. How much I want to tell him that I fell in love with him the moment I saw him that day back in middle school, but I think I’ll tell him when we’re really alone. Natsu looks back at me after he puts his phone away. His big dark eyes were gorgeous. 

 

“I’ll text you one of these days, I’ll pick you up that day.” Natsu says.

 

“That’ll be nice. I suppose there’s quite a lot of things to catch up on in these few years.” I say with a half hearted laugh.

 

“Quite.” Natsu replies back to me not taking his eyes off of me.

 

“Hey you guys coming in?” Hiro suddenly shouts from the door.

 

His presence pulls us back out from our trance, we turn to face him.

 

“Coming. You and Kendra going to stay a bit longer?” Natsu asks me. 

 

“I don’t think so, it’s quite late for us, Kendra has class tomorrow.” I tell him.

 

“I see... you staying with her?” He asks me.

 

“Ya, I just moved back here a few days ago, we’re roommates for the time being.” I tell him.

 

The two of us head back inside McDonald’s, Kendra’s talking to the other four as they ate their late night “snack.” 

 

“Hey________, sit down and talk with us for a bit, it’s been ages.” Daichi says.

 

“Thanks for the offer guys, but it’s getting quite late for Kendra and I, you guys must be pretty busy yourselves. We can always have a get together once in a while since we’re all here in the same city now.” I tell them with an apologetic smile.

 

“You have a point, it’s almost 2AM.” Masa says looking at his watch.

 

“It’s great to catch up with you guys though, hope to see you guys around and hopefully more of your concerts.” Kendra tells them as she gets up.

 

I turn to face Natsu who’s standing beside me, he turns slightly to look at me.

 

“It’s nice to see you again Natsu, and I’m really happy to see that you’re doing what you love and being amazing at it.” I tell him again.

 

“It’s nice to see you again too... Can’t believe we only met again a few minutes ago and now we have to leave each other again.” Natsu says, his eyes looking at mine back and forth.

 

Oh Natsu, if only you knew that I never wanted to leave you.

 

“It may be a goodbye for now, but it’s only a goodbye, not a farewell. We’ll see each other again in a few days.” I tell him with a smile. 

 

“Yea, you’re right.” Natsu replies with a half smile. 

 

I want to touch his face but I can’t. I want to make sure my feelings are known to him first, clear and strong before I can caress his face in my hands. Instead, I gently give his arm a squeeze. 

 

“We’ll be going then, see you guys around.” Kendra tells them.

 

Masa, Daichi, Hiro, and Cazqui all way goodbye to us. I give Natsu a smile and I leave with Kendra.

 

“Did something happen between you and Natsu? You two seem to be on good terms again.” Kendra asks me linking her arm with mine. 

 

“Well, we cleared up some things from the past. We’re going to hang on the day after tomorrow.” I tell her looking up at the night sky as we walked to our car. 

 

“That’s wonderful, perhaps it’s time for you tell him your feelings. It’s about time for you to chase after you love.” Kendra says.

 

“You’re right. I have nothing to feel guilty for anymore, and I have nothing to fear anymore.” I tell her with a smile.

 

“That’s my__________.” Kendra says dragging me to our car. 

 

We both drive home with music blasting in the car, the stars dazzling in the night sky. That night I slept with Natsu in my thoughts. To see him again, perhaps it’s fate for us to meet again. The next day goes on like normal, Kendra has class to attend so I’m home by myself. She had to take the car and I don’t feel like walking. When night arrives, I’m getting ready for bed when my phone beeps. I go over to see who sent me a message.

 

“Hey_________, it’s Natsu. Hope I’m not bothering you if you’re sleeping. If you are, then just ignore this message.” It says.

 

I smile at his text. I wouldn’t want to push you away ever again Natsu. I text back to him. 

 

“Not at all, I was just washing up, how about you?” I text back.

 

“I’m laying in bed, just came back from the studio with the guys about an hour ago. The room is so quiet.” 

 

“Sometimes the quietness can be deafening doesn’t it? You should be resting then. It will take your mind off the quietness.” I text back. 

 

I put down my phone on my bed and finish washing up. A few minutes goes by and I return back to my room. I get into bed and I grab my phone. I open up the screen and I see Natsu’s reply.

 

“I can’t, because I’m anticipating for tomorrow.” 

 

I smile at his text, my heart is beating fast and I can feel my cheeks heating up. I want to text him and tell him my feelings here and now, but I feel it’s better if I just told him tomorrow in person.

 

“I’m excited as well. But rest is important, especially for you. Tomorrow will come, in the meantime, get some rest.” I text him.

 

“You’re right. I feel like a little kid.” He replies.

 

“It’s fine to feel like that, we are human and kids to the core. We were kids, and it’s absolutely alright to feel that way.” I reply back to him. 

 

“You know this very moment feels just like back then how you were there to cheer me up and give me advices. It’s nostalgic.” Natsu replies. 

 

“It does. Like I said before, you can talk to me about anything and everything, I’ll be here to listen.” I reply. 

 

“I know, you will always be that person. But you disappeared for a while and it was hard.” Natsu texts.

 

I feel a sharp pain in my chest, and I feel guilt, strong guilt. I can’t blame him, I can never blame him.

 

“I know, and I’m sorry.” I text back.

 

“You don’t have to apologize for anything__________. I understand exactly why you did what you did. It was burdensome and unfair to you, I’m sorry for that.” Natsu wrote.

 

“None of us were wrong, sometimes, life can be overwhelming. When it does, we just need some time to breathe. Let’s meet up at the city’s largest park tomorrow.” I tell him.

 

“Yea, you’re right. Ya sure. 6pm?” He writes.

 

“6pm it is. See you then.” I reply.

 

“See you tomorrow__________.” Natsu responds.

 

I close my phone and I turn onto my side. I take a deep breath and my mind goes to Natsu all over again. I close my eyes and I eventually doze off. The next day arrives, and I reminded Kendra that I’m going out for the night and I don’t know when I’ll be back home. She gives me a no problem and heads off to class. The whole morning and afternoon goes on like usual. When evening arrives, I get ready and head off to the park to meet up with Natsu. The evening sun is just starting to set. I arrive at the park and I head to the big lake located in the center of the park, the sky’s colors of fire making the world gorgeous and magnificent. My phone beeps and I look at it.

 

“I’m at the park now, where are you?” Natsu texts me.

 

“I’m at the place where the world ripples on the surface.” I text back with a smile on my face. 

 

“I’ll be there as soon as I can.” Natsu texts.

 

I put away my phone and I lean forward against the wooden platform preventing us from falling over. I close my eyes and let my mind drift free, today, I’ll tell Natsu my feelings. I won’t run anymore. A few minutes goes by when I feel someone come up beside me.

 

“Finally found you.” The person says.

 

I open my eyes and I turn to the person, his profile is absolutely stunning. Just like the first day that I saw him. Natsu turns to face me.

 

“Shall we go? Let’s go to the amusement park today.” Natsu says with a smile.

 

“Going back to our childhood again eh?” I ask him.

 

“You said that we are kids no matter how old we are, so I feel like we should go back to when we were younger, back to when we were so carefree.” Natsu answers.

 

I smile at his response, indeed, and it was that day that I realized just how close we were to each other, and what I meant to him. I left him once, and I realized that it placed a strain on our “friendship.” I won’t leave him ever again. We go to the amusement park, for the next few hours we went on endless rides, the scary, the dizzy, the fun, the boring, the high the low, every single ride. We felt like kids again, and the time that we spent in just these few hours felt like it was making up for all the times that we’ve missed. We laughed, we screamed, we ate together, we did everything together, just like what friends would do. After the amusement park, it’s around midnight. Natsu and I are on our way home. When we stop at a stoplight.

 

“Hey, how about let’s go sight seeing to end the day off?” Natsu asks me.

 

“Uhm sure, where?” I ask him.

 

“Up on the hill a bit outside of town, it’s high enough to see most of the city. The city is beautiful at night with all the lights.” Natsu says looking at me with a smile.

 

“That sounds nice.” I reply back with a smile of my own.

 

“Great.” Natsu says and he turns the street.

 

This will be the moment that I’ll tell him my feelings. About 5 minutes of driving or so, we finally arrive at the top of the hill. I step out of the car and I walk close to the edge, I look down at the city and it’s magnificent. It’s been years since I’ve been back here, never really realized how beautiful it was. The bright lights covers the whole city, making it stand out drastically comparing to the lesser lights further away. Natsu comes up beside me and we both look out.

 

“It’s beautiful isn’t it, I wanted to show you the city after so many years of you being absent here, how much this place has changed.” Natsu says.

 

“Thank you for doing this Natsu, I’ve missed out on a lot, quite a lot. I’ve missed the people, the friends, the city, the lights, my childhood. Today, thanks to you, I got them all back.” I say to him.

 

Natsu then suddenly takes my hand and he turns me to him, with the car’s headlights I can see his face clearly in the dark. His black hair swaying gently in the night breeze. I search his eyes, I can feel that he has something important to say to me, and whatever it is, I’m here to listen. 

 

“I’m still in love with you_____________. I just want to let you know that.” Natsu says. 

 

I’m taken aback by his sudden confession, but it’s not a surprise. He confessed to me years ago, he said that he would do anything to show me his love. To this day, he’s still in love with me. He broke up with Summer because he didn’t love her at all, he loved me. 

 

“Natsu...” I began.

 

“I thought that I could move on, I had to break up with Summer in the process. When I found out that you left, I was heartbroken. I lost a friend, someone who was there for me, someone who supported me. Someone I loved wholeheartedly. I tried to move on, I thought I was doing a good job at it, but when I met you again that day... all of my feelings that I’ve tried to forget all came back to me in a flood. I couldn’t forget you, and I’ll never will. You were the only person that I loved, and you will be always. We had barriers back then when we were young, things and people that prevented us from being together. We don’t anymore, I understand why you dodged that kiss that day. Now, I’m confessing to you again. I want to kiss you again, but that depends on you, just like back then. If you feel the same way, please don’t dodge me this time__________.” Natsu says with a slight pain in his voice.

 

I can feel the feelings that he has for me, it’s intense. He held it in for years and years, he tried to move on, to live a life without heartache. He almost accomplished it but then I came back. Long lost feelings are ignited again, except mine never extinguished to begin with. I’ve loved Natsu, and never have I let that flame die. Yes, there were barriers, there were circumstances that we couldn’t let our hidden passion show, now we’re free. Without knowing, while still holding onto his hand and I hold his face in my other hand and I pull myself forward. I found his lips with mine, finally letting my feelings known. Natsu must of been taken off guard, he was still as a statue. I didn’t care, he loves me, and he still does. It’s my turn to return his bottled up feelings once and for all. It took a few seconds, but Natsu finally came back to his senses. His other arm comes around my waist and holds me close, his lips finally moves with mine in unison as we kissed. After a long while, I pull my lips off of his. I can finally hold his face in mine, I lean back a little to look at his face. Natsu opens his eyes and looks into mine, he smiles, a true smile. I smile at his smile, I suppose this is what love is: you’re happy when they are happy, and you’re sad when they are sad. I gently caress his face with my fingers.

 

“You don’t need to wait anymore Natsu, I’ll be the one to kiss you first. I’ll be honest with you, I fell in love with you the first day that I met you in middle school outside of school. Unfortunately, having a crush is the hardest thing ever. Feelings are unknown, barriers exists, and our youth prevented us from making rightful decisions. I wanted to tell you how I felt for so long, but I was too late, you were with Summer. I had to leave because of circumstances, it pained me knowing that I had to leave you, but it was harder when I found out about your feelings. I couldn’t return them, so I tried to push you away. I’m so sorry for causing you so much heartache Natsu, I hope you can understand and forgive me for doing this to you.” I say to him with tears forming.

 

Natsu’s lips suddenly crashed with mine again, he holds me close to him. I’m surprised by his physical response. After a few seconds he pulls away and leans his forehead against mine.

 

“You don’t need to apologize for anything________, I placed a huge burden on you by confessing to you when I was still with Summer. Following your morals was the right thing to do, I respect that and understand completely. Now, since there’s nothing between us anymore, let’s hold onto each other from now on. I’ll never let you go, I’ve waited for years for this day and knowing that you feel the same way I do, I don’t want to let you go again. It was a childhood love, but now, it has blossomed into real and pure love. I love you__________.” Natsu says holding my face.

 

“Thank you for understanding and not giving up on me. I let you wait, but not anymore. I love you Natsu, I always have and I’ll always will. We don’t have anything to fear anymore. I’m finally free to love you.” I tell him with a smile. 

 

Natsu smiles and he kisses me again, the kiss is full of passion and longing. He then releases my lips and kissed my cheek, I close my eyes at the intimate kiss and feeling. 

 

“Let’s go home.” Natsu says.

 

“I don’t want to go home tonight. I want to stay here. With you.” I tell him looking into his eyes.

 

Natsu smiles at my words and he nods. He takes my hand and the two of us head back to the car. We both get in the car and recline our seats till we’re close to laying down. Natsu turns off the car and he takes off his jacket and place it over me. We both turn to face each other, he takes my left hand and kisses each of my fingertips. He holds it close to his chest and he smiles at me through the light of the moon. I don’t want to let him go again.

 

“Goodnight__________.” Natsu says.

 

“Goodnight Natsu.” I reply to him. 

 

After finally confessing our love for one another after so many years, we finally fall asleep together on the highest place within the city. After that day. I told Kendra about our relationship and Natsu told his friends. Kendra was so happy for me. Every single day that comes after that is beautiful, Natsu and I would go on dates whenever we can. I would go to the studio to watch him practice and to see the group practice together, and just like before, I would cheer them on. Before we know it, a year goes by. Kendra manage to find an internship in another city, so she decided to move there in order to focus on her future job. So our roommate years are finally coming to an end.

 

“Everyone’s leaving, First I did, then Andy and Jeanie left after graduation, and now you.” I say helping her pack her stuff.

 

“I know, but this is life, everyone’s bound to fly in different directions, but it doesn’t matter where we are, we’re still friends and will always be. Andy and Jeanie texted me a few days ago asking how we were. Distance may be between us but our friendship will always last. Besides, it’s about time that you and Natsu should stay together after a year or so of dating. We aren’t children anymore, since you two are so serious about each other now, it’s about time to share a same room soon. Don’t you think?” Kendra asks me with smirk and nudging my arm.

 

I blush at her words. She’s being considerate I suppose, she’s leaving so I can live with Natsu. I suppose she has a point. 

 

“Be brave____________. I know it can he overwhelming that things are going so well and fast, but it shouldn’t keep you from looking for the lights in the darkness. I’m cheering you on for your future with Natsu, same goes for Jeanie and Andy. You need to invite us to your wedding in the future.” Kendra says.

 

I smile and nod. The day goes by so fast it seem, I told Natsu about Kendra’s move, he told me that they’ll see her off tomorrow as well. He also brought up the topic of me moving in with him, and since living by myself isn’t such a think on my mind, I decided it’s the best to move in with him. The day slowly comes to an end, since I’m moving in with him I had to pack my own things. Kendra already talked with the landlord so we’re good on that aspect. After packing up I finally turn in. I lay on my bed and look up at the ceiling.

 

“A new day tomorrow and I’m moving in with Natsu... I suppose life wants me to go on a new chapter with a strong start.” I say with a smile.

 

I close my eyes and I doze off. Hours pass, and morning finally arrives. Natsu and the others decided to take Kendra to the airport, Hiro drove a car, and Natsu drove his car so that I can head back with Natsu afterwards. Half an hour goes by and we finally arrive at the airport, Kendra only has 2 suitcases so it’s not a lot. She goes through the weight station and waits for the boarding call. The 7 of us stand together and talk like friends, Natsu holds my hand the whole time. The guys dressed really casually so they won’t get noticed by possible fans of theirs. Glasses were involved and hats. 

 

“You have a safe flight and take care of yourself alright?” Daichi says to Kendra.

 

“Thanks guys, don’t worry, we’re not kids anymore. I’ll look after myself, and you guys too. Cheering your band on from 5 cities away, make sure to come perform in my city in the future!” Kendra says.

 

“No problem, we’re planning on going on a world tour soon.” Masa says with a smile.

 

Kendra nods, the intercom comes on and her boarding call came.

 

“Guess I’ll be going then. Farewell guys. Be happy__________, you have Natsu now. Make sure everyday is full of laughter and light, with Natsu or with these guys. Alright? You take care of my best friend okay Natsu? If she ever complains I’m flying right back to hit you.” Kendra playfully threatens him.

 

“Don’t worry Ken, I’ve been chasing after_________ forever, I’m not planning on doing anything stupid to lose her.” Natsu says with a laugh.

 

Natsu then gently caresses my skin with his thumb. Kendra nods. She gives me a hug and then heads off to the gate. I watch my friend disappear behind the gate, the whole place seem so silent all of a sudden despite so many people around. I feel the world slowly coming to a halt, but then something pulls me back to reality. Natsu gently squeezes my hand, his warmth bringing me back to my senses. I turn to look at him, his beautiful dark eyes holding my attention. He smiles at me and I realize that I’ll never be alone. The 6 of us head out of the airport, Hiro stretches and turns to us.

 

“We’re going to go get lunch, you guys coming with us?” He asks.

 

“Thanks, but I’m going to spend the day with___________.” Natsu says.

 

“Gotcha, we’ll see ya guys later.” Cazqui says.

 

“Thanks, see you guys.” I say to them with a wave. 

 

Natsu and I depart on our own and head out to be alone. The two of us ate lunch by ourselves, we walked around the city, and ate dinner together. Then we went to the highest hill where we confessed to each other that night a year or so ago. I step out of the car and I walk to the edge of the hill, the city’s night lights are gorgeous. The cool breeze making my hair sway in the air. I close my eyes and take in the moment, not long after, I feel two arms gently come around my waist. I open my eyes slowly and I feel Natsu’s head resting on my left shoulder. I place my hand over his arms, and I lean my head against his.

 

“Time sure flies, it almost feel like yesterday that we came here and confessed our love.” Natsu quietly says. 

 

“It does doesn’t it? To be honest, I wasn’t really planning on staying here for long, it was originally suppose to be a temporary visit. But thanks to Kendra, I decided to stay.” I say.

 

“You didn’t come back here for me?” Natsu asks me in a sad tone.

 

I let out a small laugh, I turn myself around and wrap my arms around his strong torso. His eyes looking into mine.

 

“Trust me, even if you weren’t the reason that I came back here, you were always in my mind throughout these years.” I say to him.

 

“You were too, always have been.” Natsu says.

 

He lowers his face and finds my lips with his. We kiss for a few seconds, he pulls away and kisses my right cheek.

 

“Can’t believe we’re going to be living together starting today, and not to mention it’s almost our one year anniversary in a few days.” Natsu says with a smile.

 

“I know, it may be going a bit fast, but I don’t mind, it feels like it was long overdue. One year already huh? Wow.” I say with a laugh.

 

“You’re right. I’ll make sure to give you something special for our first anniversary.” Natsu says tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

 

When I heard him say something special, I begin to think. What can I give him that is special and a gift? I begin to wonder.

 

“Let’s head back, we got a lot of your stuff to sort out.” Natsu says taking my hand.

 

“Yea let’s go.” I reply with a smile. 

 

The two of us get back into his car and we drove back to his house. After we unpack my stuff, we get ready for bed. I’ll be sharing the same bed with Natsu and it’s a bit much for me to handle. I’m in the bathroom changing into my night wear and my heart is beating loudly, I can hear my heart beat through my ears.

 

“It’s ok__________, we’re just sharing a bed, nothing more. Besides, you’re not a kid anymore, we’re both adults now, we both decided to move in together.” I say to myself quietly.

 

Suddenly I hear a knock on the door.

 

“You alright in there?” Natsu asks from outside.

 

“Yea, I’m coming out.” I answer.

 

I take a deep breath and open the door, Natsu is standing in front of me in his night wear as well. He’s wearing his boxer and a t-shirt. His black hair is slightly tousled, without all the makeup, he still looks gorgeous. 

 

“Come on let’s head to bed.” Natsu says with a smile.

 

“Ya...” I answer.

 

He takes my hand and leads me to our soon to be shared bed. 

 

“You seem nervous...” Natsu asks me noticing me inhaling loudly.

 

“Uh, don’t take it as an offense or anything, it’s just a bit nerve wracking.” I reply with an embarrassed laugh.

 

Natsu turns to me and gently kisses my cheek.

 

“Hey hey, you don’t have to worry about anything, nothing will happen if you don’t want to. I know what you are worried about, I’m not going to do anything you don’t like or feel comfortable about. We’re just sharing a bed as a couple that’s all.” Natsu says caressing my face. 

 

“I know, I trust you completely Natsu. Let’s sleep.” I say to him with a smile.

 

Natsu nods and he lets go of my hand, we walk to each side of his large bed. We both lift the big soft cover up and slide into bed, Natsu close the light and we turn to each other. Natsu moves my fallen hair away from my neck and swipe it behind my shoulder, he then looks at me.

 

“From now on, we’re going to be sharing this bed together. Soon, I hope it will be natural for you.” Natsu says softly.

 

“I’m sure it will, I’ll get use to it for us. Goodnight.” I reply.

 

I then bury my head under his chin and I close my eyes, Natsu’s arms wraps around my waist and he holds me close. In no time, I fall into a calming slumber. Half a month goes by and our first year anniversary is 2 days away. The 6 of us decided to have coffee together at our city’s cafe, it’s been a while since we all spent time together. 

 

“So how are you two living under the same roof?” Hiro asks Natsu and I.

 

“Pretty use to it now. Everything’s going just like before.” I reply.

 

“Have you guys thought about marriage?” Hiro asks.

 

“Why are you making things awkward for those two?” Masa asks Hiro slapping his shoulder.

 

“Ow, hey, I mean, they’re living together, wouldn’t it be better to make it official?” Hiro replies rubbing his shoulder with a pout.

 

“I think it’s something that only Natsu can decide and will make the decision for.” Daichi replies drinking his coffee.

 

“Ya Hiro, don’t worry about that, our relationship, our decisions. Thanks for the worry though.” Natsu says with a laugh.

 

“I’m kind of jealous Natsu, now I wish I have a girlfriend to spoil.” Cazqui says eating his donut.

 

“Natsu?” A voice asks.

 

We all look up at the female voice that says that, she looks really similar, and she has a bunch of her I assume friends with her, next to her is a young man. She comes over to us and as I examine her face up close I begin to see who she is.

 

“Natsu? As in Natsu from middle school and high school? Is this Hiro? It’s me, Summer.” She says.

 

Our eyes all go wide a little. Wonderful, the ex is back. 

 

“Summer...” Natsu lets out.

 

“Ya, it’s great to see you guys again, and who is this?” She asks me.

 

“This is_________, my girlfriend.” Natsu responds confidently.

 

“___________, I’ve heard about you back in middle school.” She says with a fake smile.

 

Ya, I can say the same for you.

 

“Hiro, Masa, Daichi, and Cazqui. Hope you guys have been well? This is my boyfriend, Alec.” Summer greets the others and introducing the young man beside her.

 

“Hi.” He says. 

 

He looks uncomfortable, I can’t blame him. Summer then sits down beside Hiro across from us, if I remember, Hiro’s not really fond of her. Daichi looks at Cazqui with a “ehh” expression. 

 

“Do you mind if I sit here?” Alec asks Natsu.

 

“Uh no, not at all, please.” Natsu says scooting over a little closer to me. 

 

Her little followers sat next to a table beside us and started looking at her phone. Summer then starts going on and on about her past few years. Not wanting to be rude, we just kind of listen to her ramble on. After about a few minutes, I’ve had enough. 

 

“Uhm excuse me, I have to use the washroom.” I say standing up. 

 

I get up and head to the washroom, finally getting away from her non-stop talking. I hear the bathroom door opening and I can hear talking from the eating area and it goes quiet when the door shuts. I hear zippers opening and the pop of a lipstick lid. I exit out of the stall that I’m using and head to the sink, and there is Summer putting on lipstick. I give her a smile through our reflection and I go to wash my hands. 

 

“Seems like you and Natsu are deeply in love.” She says.

 

“Yea, we are. We are a couple after all.” I say  with an awkward smile. 

 

“Right. I don’t know if you know this or not, but he and I use to date.” Summer says.

 

I don’t respond because I know exactly that. I knew everything. Honestly I don’t care. 

 

“Yes I do know, I went to the same school.” I answer her.

 

“I see. Well, be careful, Natsu’s a pretty popular guy, a lot of girls will chase after him. Every minute of the day.” Summer says giving me a grin.

 

“Yea... thanks...” I slowly say.

 

Summer then walks out of the washroom. Something doesn’t seem right with that warning. I begin to feel a bit anxious, anxiety rising within my heart. Natsu is popular, he’s a musician now, not to mention he was popular during high school. A lot of girls will chase after him, but I trust that our relationship and love will never change. Still, something eats away at my mind. When night comes, I stare out the window of our bedroom. My mind constantly blanks out as my mind travels to her words. 

 

“Hey you’ve been a bit blanking out quite a bit after the coffee shop today, is everything alright?” Natsu asks me from behind.

 

He hugs me from behind, his warmth pulls me back to reality. I smile at his embrace.

 

“I am...” I lie to him.

 

Natsu notices and gently turns me around to face him.

 

“I know you’re not. Remember, when I was having a hard time, you were there to listen. Let me be here to listen to you, especially now. Back then we were friends, now I’m here for you as your boyfriend. You can tell me.” He reminds me caressing my cheeks. 

 

I smile at his words and nod. I tell him everything that Summer has told me earlier today in the washroom, and my worries. 

 

“You’re worried that someone’s going to steal me away? Never. I’ve waited years to be with you and I’ll never waver from my affections for you.” Natsu says.

 

“I know, and I’ll never waver from mine either. I suppose knowing that there’s competition out there for someone’s affections can be scary.” I say.

 

“I understand completely. Rest easy, the two of us aren’t going to separate.” Natsu says.

 

I nod and smile, Natsu kisses my lips and he lifts me up. He walks us to the bed without breaking the kiss, he then gently lowers me onto the soft bed and he breaks the kiss. He rests himself beside me and covers both of us up. I bring myself closer to his body and we both fall asleep together. Morning finally arrives, and tomorrow is our anniversary. Natsu had to go out to retrieve something and go practice with the others for a few hours, I spend the morning and afternoon walking around town to kill time. I want to get Natsu something for our anniversary tomorrow but what? Eventually evening rolls by, Natsu finally phones me. 

 

“Hey.” I answer.

 

“Hey, sorry that I couldn’t spent time much with you today.” Natsu says over the phone.

 

“Hey, don’t worry about it, I understand completely. You have your own music to focus on, and remember? I’ll be supporting you all the way.” I say to him.

 

“Thanks__________. How about meeting up at the park? Let’s go eat dinner together with the guys.” He suggests.

 

“Sounds nice, I’ll meet you at the lake.” I respond.

 

“See you there.” He says.

 

“Yea.” I say to him with joy in my voice.

 

We hang up and I head off to the lake. The night is slowly coming and the colors of the fire is dimming in the sky. There are still a few people in the park, I finally arrive at the lake. And I close my eyes. A few minutes goes by and I hear a couple of footsteps stop behind me, I open my eyes.

 

“Why isn’t it_________?” A familiar voice says.

 

I recognize who it is and I turn around.

 

“Summer... and your friends are here.” I say as I see her face.

 

“Where is your boyfriend?” She asks me.

 

“He’s coming to meet me here in a bit. Why?” I ask her.

 

“If you remember, Natsu used to date me. He broke up with me because he had feelings for you. I’ll be honest with you, I’m still in love with Natsu.” She says.

 

“Yea I remember, and I’m sorry that that happened to you, but feelings don’t work this way, it changes. Natsu’s feelings changed. To be honest, Natsu never loved you to begin with.” I tell her.

 

“You stole him from me, and I’m going to do what I can to get him back.” She threatens.

 

“You have to realize love doesn’t work that way, they say that if the person that you love loves you back, they’ll come back to you. Natsu realized that he loves me so that’s why he broke up with you, he didn’t want to hurt you before he knew that he’ll do something to hurt you. He didn’t want to lead you on when he realized he loved me. He wanted to make sure to set you free before he chased after what he really wanted.” I tell her.

 

“I don’t care. I’m going to get him back no matter what. Even if I have to go out of my way to do it.” She says.

 

“So you will threaten me to break up with Natsu so that you can have him? Even if it works you think that Natsu would love you? Love doesn’t work that way Summer. Besides what you are doing is going to hurt Alec if he finds out. Bullying someone into doing something they don’t want isn’t going to get you anything. Threatening someone can get you arrested. Just to let you know as well, no matter what happens, I’ll never let Natsu go.” I tell her confidently. 

 

I can feel her anger rising, but then I hear someone shouting not far away. I look behind her and her followers and see Natsu with the guys and I think Alec is with them. In no time they run up to us. Natsu takes my hand and stands in front of me, Hiro, Masa, Cazqui, and Daichi stands besides Natsu in defense of me. Alec stands between us and turns to Summer.

 

“Summer, how can you gang up on someone like this? I knew there was something going on since we started dating, you’ve always looked at other guys. You can never seem to focus on one person, except now I realize that you still love someone else. That you would go to great length to bully someone in order to get what you desire, how could you do that? You can love someone but you can’t threaten someone to get what you want.” Alec says to Summer.

 

“Natsu was dating me when he fell in love with__________. Isn’t that something wrong as well?!” Summer asks.

 

“Yes, I was. But I realized that I should let you go before I focused on___________. I may have been wrong, but I gave you a reason as to why I broke up with you, I didn’t want to hurt you because my feelings for you, as I realized was never there. I dated you because at that time you were a friend and I wanted to make you happy as to me never been in love before. I then realized what it was and I realized that I was in love with__________ the whole time. What you are doing right now isn’t going to get you anything, except, you’ll be losing everything that you have.” Natsu says.

 

“Good thing I found Natsu and the others. If only I knew the reason why you wanted me to go to the car to get you a scarf, I would have stayed with you and prevented you from going after__________. You saw her didn’t you? And decided to get things straight with her and you wanted me to stay out of the picture. This has to stop Summer... this relationship is over. After realizing what type of person you are, if you don’t change, you’ll always be lonely.” Alec tell her.

 

Summer just stood there speechless. Alec then turns to us.

 

“Glad that we got here in time, I hope nothing happened to you_________?” Alec asks me.

 

“Thank you and you guys for coming. I’m fine.” I say to them.

 

“If everything's ok now, I’ll be leaving. I’m sorry that we couldn’t depart on a better note. Farewell.” Alec says.

 

“Don’t be, thank you for telling us about Summer, if it wasn’t for you, something could’ve happened to _________ already. Farewell.” Natsu says. 

 

Alec gives a nod and he leaves, not even looking at Summer.

 

“You should leave too before we call the police.” Daichi tells Summer. 

 

Without another words, Summer gives Natsu one last look and walks away with her clique following behind her. The five of them all turn to me.

 

“You alright?” Natsu asks me checking me over.

 

“I’m fine don’t worry. I stood my ground.” I tell them with a smile. 

 

“Do you want to go home and rest? You had a hard evening.” Masa asks.

 

“No, I didn’t come all the way here just to go home, let’s go eat dinner together and then we can head home.” I tell them.

 

I give Natsu a smile, he returns with a concerned smile of his own. I take his hand in mine and I gently squeeze it to assure him. The 6 of us went and eat dinner together, we did our best to enjoy it. Natsu told me about their day, and in no time, everything seem to be back to normal. Normal is what I want, and we made the day end on a good note. After departing from Hiro, Masa, Daichi, and Cazqui, Natsu and I return back to our house. I wash up first and then I let Natsu use the washroom. As he’s washing, I realized that I still don’t know what to give Natsu for the anniversary gift. I didn’t know how long time has passed but I soon feel two strong arms around my waist.

 

“Thank goodness nothing happened to you today.” Natsu says from behind.

 

“Ya same here, but don’t worry, I’m a strong person I won’t let a girl with a huge amount of jealousy push me down, and make me give up on you.” I tell him.

 

“Thank you...” Natsu replies.

 

I turn to face him, and I give him a kiss. Like yesterday, Natsu picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. Our kiss still connecting us. Natsu carries us two to our bed, he then lowers me onto the bed. Except of laying down beside me, he rests himself on top of me. His lips releases mine and he rests his head beside mine as he holds me. My legs still around his waist as his weight prevents me from moving, we lay there for a while, no words in between. I know he isn’t sleeping because his breathing doesn’t seem rhythmic, I can feel his heartbeat beating faster than usual as well. It feels like a beat coming in between every two rhythmic beats in a drum sequence. I decided to break the silence.

 

“Natsu, are you alright?” I ask him.

 

“Yea, I just feel really thankful.” He replies quietly.

 

I gently lift his head up to look at him, his eyes finds mine.

 

“Thankful? For what?” I ask him.

 

“For not giving up and caving in to Summer’s threat. For fighting for our love.” He says.

 

“Of course I would, we spent years apart from each other when our love for one another burned so strong. We promised each other that well will commit to this relationship and I am and I will. I let you go once, I won’t do that again.” I say to him brushing his hair away from his face as he looks down at me.

 

“Yes, and I’ll never give up on this relationship either. I love you so much__________.” he says.

 

I smile and I lift my head off of the bed and kiss him. Without knowing, I his lips and his mouth opens slightly, unlike our kisses from before my tongue finds his. They dance together and our breathing becomes faster. At this moment, I know what I can give him for our anniversary. I think where we are in this relationship, taking our love to the next level will be fine. I pull away from him and I use my weight to gently push him back a little and I push myself up to sit in his lap with my legs still around him. 

 

“_________?” Natsu asks me.

 

“I want to give you your anniversary present tonight.” I tell him quietly, my breathing fast and heavy.

 

“You don’t mean...” Natsu says catching on.

 

I nod and look into his eyes.

 

“Make love to me Natsu...” I ask him.

 

Natsu’s eyes goes wide a little but then softens.

 

“Are you sure about this?” He asks me.

 

I kiss him on the cheek and hold his smooth face against mine.

 

“I want this, I’m asking you on my will. It’s up to you to make the final call.” I whisper to him.

 

I can feel Natsu nodding slightly, he then pulls his face away from mine and kisses my jawline. I close my eyes at the sensation, he trails his kisses higher and finds my lips. Our kiss is full of passion, he then pulls back and looks at me.

 

“Of course I want this, I want to make love to you. Thing is, I don’t have protection...” Natsu says. 

 

I lift his chin up to look at me, and I smile.

 

“I’ll be fine, besides, I’m hoping that a family will emerge in the future for us two?” I ask him. 

 

Natsu smiles and nod, his face is slightly red. He looks so handsome and cute, and love overwhelms my very being. I then grab the bottom of his shirt and pull it upwards, Natsu lifts his muscular arms upwards so that I can pull it off of him. After I get it off of him, his bare toned torso meets me. Natsu’s left hand comes up and holds my face, my face feels hot but I know I’m not the only one. My heart is beating fast and I give him a nod. Natsu then lifts the bottom of my night gown and removes it off of my body, aside from my undergarment, I’m now bare in front of him. Natsu then kisses my neck and guides me back down onto the bed, as he does so he slowly removes my undergarment. Now I’m completely bare, but I don’t care. Natsu looms over me and gently lowers himself on top of me, he finds my lips again and I hold him close to me. Our breathing is faster now, and our bodies are warm from the longing for each other. 

 

“Natsu...” I breathe out.

 

“I’m right here, don’t worry I’ll be gentle.” Natsu says.

 

“I know, I trust you.” I reply with a smile. 

 

Natsu kisses my jawline and then my lips, I can feel his hands going down to remove his bottom. I help him remove his undergarments, and no sooner, I can feel him at my entrance. Natsu leans back and looks at me.

 

“Are you ready?” He asks me.

 

I nod in response, Natsu smiles and kisses my cheek. He then rests his head beside me, his hand reaches down to find himself and positions himself. His knees gently spread my legs apart as he position himself between my legs. He then slowly start to push in, I can feel pressure and the urge to resist him. Natural instinct kicks in but I need to relax and welcome him in. I shut my eyes as pain slowly creeps up on me. I hold onto him and I can hear him letting out a small moan. Soon, he enters me completely and I feel the pain slowly disperse as I take the time to adjust. We stay still for a few seconds so that we give each other time to prepare ourselves. Natsu lifts his head up and looks at me. Our breathing slightly ragged. Without saying a word I show him a smile and nod, Natsu takes that as a ready from me and then he slowly moves. He pulls himself out and pushes back in, as he does that I close my eyes and rest my head back against the pillow. In no time, I feel a slight tingly feeling within my lower abdomen. Natsu props himself above me, his movement is rhythmic and controlled. I gently wrap my arms around his neck as this pleasure slowly grow inside of me. Natsu’s breathing is slowly speeding up as time passes, it’s such a new feeling and experience. Time passes but we continue to make love, our moans echos in the bedroom. The feeling within my stomach grows more and more, to be honest, it’s a bit scary. It’s a whole new feeling this euphoric feeling that I’ve heard about but never experienced. Natsu occasionally kisses me to divert the slight pain that silently creeps in once in a while. Our bodies are laced with a thin layer of sweat from our love making, everything feels hot. Natsu pulls himself back and pulls me up with him and I sit in his lap again, he holds me to him and I move against him. Soon, I feel the feeling in my stomach at the edge of exploding, I’m practically panting at this point. 

 

“Don’t be afraid of it___________, let your mind go and embrace the feeling. I’ll hold you.” Natsu lets out between exhausted pants.

 

“You as well Natsu, I want to feel this euphoria with you.” I tell him. 

 

Natsu gently lowers me back down onto the bed and my arms go above my head to grab onto the disarrayed bed sheets. I close my eyes as I realize that Natsu’s controlled movements losing its rhythm, he must be close. 

 

“__________, I can’t hold it anymore.” Natsu lets out taking in a deep breath.

 

“I’m there too, let it go Natsu... let..” I try to tell him.

 

Suddenly I feel as if something snapped inside of me as the tingly feeling suddenly intensify so much that my lower abdomen feel as if it’s set on fire. I shut my eyes tightly at this sudden rush of feeling and my hands grabs onto the sheets above my head. I felt by doing that I’ll feel grounded, or else I feel like I’ll float away. My head tilts back and my back arches on its own, I feel my whole body shiver and my muscles tensing up. 

 

“____________, I’m...” Natsu suddenly gasps.

 

I feel a sudden rush of warmth fills me inside from Natsu and my euphoria intensifies from this sudden warmth. I hear Natsu letting out a strained moan and then gasping, I feel as if my whole world is crashing down, but in a good way. As this euphoria feeling slowly fades I feel my body getting lighter and I’m overcome by fatigue. My back goes back down and I open my eyes to see Natsu slowly losing the strength to support himself, he must be exhausted as well. After regaining my senses as soon as I can, I quickly wrap my arms around his torso and pull him down against my body gently. I hold his head close to my chest and I can hear his heavy breathing, I kiss his temple and I rest my cheek against his hair as he rests against the nape of my neck. My chest and his rising and falling as we regain our breathing again, Natsu wraps his arms around my waist as we lay on the bed.

 

“I’m glad we got to feel that together.” I quietly say.

 

“I do too, I’m glad we finally made love today, it made me fall in love with you even more, and all over again. Thank you for this gift_________. I’ll cherish it forever.” Natsu replies as he kisses my collarbone.

 

“I’m happy to have given you this gift. Goodnight my love.” I reply with a smile.

 

Natsu pulls himself out of me slowly and lay back against my body again, I pull the cover over the two of us as I hold his head close to my chest lovingly. I close my eyes and we fall asleep together. My mind falls blank but in the back of my mind, Natsu lingers. I love him so much. When I open my eyes, morning has arrived. The sunlight is seeping through the window curtains, I’m laying on my stomach. I  feel my muscles tingle and I smile at the sensation. Suddenly, I feel the space beside me move and the presence shifting. I know it’s Natsu and I smile at the thought. I feel his fingers gently removing the bed cover on my back and pull it down to my lower waist. The cool morning air in the room makes my upper back shiver slightly, but it’s a nice feeling. 

 

“Natsu... good morning.” I murmur out still sleepy. 

 

I feel Natsu’s left arm glide across my waist and he kisses my back, he then lay his head on my back, his hair tickling my skin.

 

“Morning_________.” He replies. 

 

“Happy first year anniversary.” I say to him.

 

“Happy Anniversary ___________. Since you gave me such a wonderful and unforgettable gift last night, it’s time to give you your gift.” Natsu says.

 

He lifts his head off of my back and I feel him getting out of bed. I prop myself up and I pull the cover with me to cover myself, I then see Natsu who’s still bare just sitting back down on the bed. He gives me a small velvet box.

 

“What is this?” I ask him.

 

“A gift that I picked out for you. I thought today would be the best day.” He says with a smile.

 

I brush aside his disarrayed hair from our love making last night. I smile at him and I open the box, in it is a purple diamond ring and a necklace. It’s a small silver ring with small diamonds surrounding a purple diamond butterfly, the necklace is the same. It’s a set.

 

“It’s gorgeous Natsu, thank you.” I say to him.

 

“It’s not just a necklace and a ring, I want it to be an engagement ring. If you’re willing to accept my proposal.” Natsu asks me looking at me with his big brown ones.

 

I’m at a surprise of hearing his proposal, of course Natsu, of course I’ll accept. I hug him and I hold him close, Natsu wraps his arms around me.

 

“Of course Natsu, of course I’ll accept your proposal. I love you Natsu, and I’ll always will.” I tell him.

 

Natsu lets me go and looks at me.

 

“I love you too___________, ever since the first day that I saw you back in middle school. I’m happy that everything turned out alright.” Natsu says. 

 

“Ya, we’ve came a long way, I’m glad that we got our wishes in the end.” I reply with a smile.

 

Natsu kisses me and we hold each other. Yes we did come a long way, it may not seem like a lot but emotionally yes. We fell in love, started out as a crush, then it turned into mutual attraction, but due to circumstances we couldn’t be together. We gave each other heartaches, we lost each other for years but finally reunited on that one fateful day. Then our feelings were tested when Summer re entered the picture, luckily our love held strong for each other. I let him go once, I won’t let him go again. We started out as strangers, then to friends, and from friends to lovers, and soon a future will start for us. The rings and necklace reflecting off the morning sunlight beautifully in my hands, and our hearts beat in rhythm like the drums he play.❤️Natsu