four

Juliet’s Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hold on a second Baek," Irene released herself from his embrace, leaving a very confused Baekhyun, stationary in the middle of the cafe. Irene walked towards the door, opened it, and was greeted by a dazzling man leaning against an equally dazzling car. A smile crept up across her face as she made her way towards the man.

She was stunned to see Sehun outside her cafe at that hour and was confused as to why he was there basically. Before she could stutter a question, Sehun opened the rear door of his car and took out a bouquet of flowers - a combination of lavenders and baby's breath. He handed the flowers to Irene and she carefully picked it up from his grasp.

"Thank you Sehun, but what's the occasion?" Irene questioned whilst trying to balance the huge bouquet on her arm.

Sehun then congratulated her on her performance as well as her achievement before asking her a question that made him come by the cafe late that hour. He found himself stuttering and stumbling on his own words in bringing himself to ask her to be his partner and accompany him to a fashion event tomorrow night.

"Would you be my partner and accompany me to a fashion event I have to attend tomorrow night?" There! Finally, he said it in one breath.

Irene chuckled, finding his jitters adorable, it melted her heart, no one has ever been so shy yet powerful in front of her, it made her feel special. He made her feel special.

Irene nodded in agreement and Sehun let out a breath he was unconsciously holding in. He leaned closer to her face and planted a chaste kiss on her soft cheeks and whispering a hushed thank you.

Irene could feel her ears and cheeks heating up at the mention of his gratitude and She was momentarily fazed. In an attempt to dismiss her fazed self, she linked her arms in his and dragged him into the cafe, where Baekhyun was waiting patiently for them — more of her than him though.

As they entered the cafe with arms linked, Sehun noticed the glint of envy the male in front of him had as he stared at their skinship. A smirk grew confidently on his lips, knowing that it was stirring up some dissatisfaction in the male.

Introductions of themselves were exchanged with the help of Irene, trying to ease the newly found tension that was intensifying between the two males in front of her. There was no voluntary conversation that occurred, only piercing gazes were thrown. Irene took it as a cue for her to cut the uncomfortable tension that rose since the past 5 minutes.

"Oh it's getting pretty late, I bet the girls are waiting and worried, I better close the cafe and get going now" Irene stood up from the seat and walked towards the kitchen and started wiping the counter, whilst eyeing both the fine men who were still staring haughtily at each other.

Irene continued wiping the counter and placing the things that were on the counter back to their original place before leaving the kitchen area to head back to her seat, only to bump into something firm, she retracted her head and looked up. Sehun was looking down at her with a soft and unreadable expression. The lines and wrinkles that were on his face previously were now gone. He now only had an amicable visage as he looked down softly at her - a colossal contrast as to when Baekhyun was in front of him.

"Baekhun or whatever his name was left a while ago, I'll send you home" he settled, getting ready to leave the cafe, but noticed that she was in her reverie, her pensive gaze straight into his almond ones.

He slowly brought his palms up and placed it gently on her cheeks, letting the weight of her cheeks rest on his hands. His thumb tenderly caressed her smooth skin. She unconsciously leaned her cheeks deeper into his palm, allowing him to caress her cheek even more. The friction caused by the soft ministration brought warmth to her.

"Sweetheart, were you listening?" he asked softly, a soft confused hum escaped her thin lips and a shook her cutely. He repeated what he had said before grabbing her things on the table with one hand and entwine her small hands into his large ones before heading out and sending her home.

Sehun followed her up to her apartment, informing that he would pick her up the next day for the event and leaned in and pecked a kiss on her forehead. A smile cracked on her lips as she felt his contact on her. Distancing herself from him, she waved him a goodbye before entering her apartment.

He watched her as she entered her apartment before leaving to drive home.

6.25 pm, Irene's Apartment, Apgujeong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

The manifest sizzle of her straightener could be heard as she glided the hot iron against her slightly damp hair. She was bedecked in a soft blush leather jacket that draped over a plain white long sleeve tucked into a mid-length striped skirt of the same hue.

Her muted lilac, now straightened, tress cascaded down her back and over her shoulder, her forehead void of any strands, due to the center parting. It's to no surprise that everything she had on complements her best lineaments. From the way, her hair matched her outfit as they were of the same color palette, to the way her pretty face was enhanced by the light makeup she had on. She was simply effulgent.

She hung her beige Prada clutch over her shoulders and left her room towards the living area. Irene slumped herself onto the ashen toned settee and switched on the television while she waits for Sehun to arrive.

Irene's attention that had been centralized to her screen was broken by the sudden ring of her doorbell. She walked towards the door, grabbing her newly gifted heels as she saw his figure appeared through the screen of the monitor. She let out an antsy breath before opening the door.

Her head that was hung low slowly rose up as she eyed his dressing. She was stunned to see him dressed very casually - ripped jeans, a plain white tee under a light washed denim jacket. When her eyes trailed up to meet his mysterious ones, she broke into a bright smile.

Sehun propped his hand out for her, and she instinctively slides her petite hands in his. Her heart thumped recklessly as she stuck by his side until they settled in the chauffeur driven car. As she adjusted herself in her seat, she fumbled on her fingers and at the hems of her skirt. She could feel his intense stare eyeing her fingers that had now begun to drum against her lap. A soft squeal was released as he swiftly took her hands into his grip. His calloused fingers interlacing her smooth ones, as she sat there frozen by his abrupt actions.

Irene obliviously scooted closer towards Sehun, closing the distance that separated them. Sehun's arm found their way around her waist and settled them there. Irene snuggled closer in Sehun's embrace, leaning her head on his chest as he pulled her frame closer to his, their hand still interlocking. Sehun planted his nose on the crown of her head, breathing in the intoxicating scent of hers, as his eyes closed in appreciation.

They stayed in that position until the car came to a stop, indicating that they've arrived at the event.

Sehun stepped out of the car first, adjusting and pulling down on his slightly creased shirt before helping Irene out of the car. The fluorescent flicker of lights and the clicking sound of cameras greeted them a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter