two

Juliet’s Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7.30 am, Irene's Apartment, Apgujeong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

Irene was woken up by the sound of pans clanking and orotund babbling coming from the kitchen on a bright Wednesday morning. Who else would it be if not Wendy having her unrelenting morning lecture episode. She rubbed her eyes and stretched her hands, before making her way to the bathroom to shower.

Since she doesn't have dance classes to teach for the day, she plans to just hang out in her cafe, going through the documents and excel sheets relating to the administration bit of the cafe. She also has to read through the documents of the newly registered students for her dance class and allocate them according to their time slots.

A few days back, Irene chanced upon a dance competition poster online, while she was busy scrolling through an online shopping platform. It looked pretty intriguing and she felt like she needed a challenge, after what felt like ages of not competing. Instead of joining the competition with a group of her friends, this time she planned to compete in the solo act.

So her day today is just a day full of staring into computer screens, paperwork and brainstorming a dance routine. To the cafe, she goes on this bright and wonderful Wednesday morning.

She stepped out of her bathroom, with her hair in a messy bun, already dressed casually in a white shirt, partially tucked into her favorite pair of black jeans. She packed in her laptop, her notebook, and a few pens into her black tote bag before going down the stairs to join her two boisterous best friends, who were fighting over a coffee mug, just what she expected.

She shook her head and made her way to the cupboard in the kitchen, pulling out her tumbler and proceeded to make her own caramel latte. Irene loves experimenting with different things, be it food or drinks, hence the reason why she started up her own cafe. Most of the items on the menu of her cafe are the result of the successful attempts of her experiments. But she is known for making the best coffee yet.

Obviously, she shares her recipes with the baristas of her cafe, yet the coffee produced by her is different on a whole new level — it's exquisite and ineffable. You're in luck if you could actually get a taste of the coffee produced by Irene.

After brewing her caramel latte, she headed to the living room while waiting for Seul Gi to end her quotidian brawl with Wendy.

"Baby Bear, I'm tagging along with you to the cafe"

Seul Gi just hummed in response and quickly got ready her bag and car keys. Irene followed soon after Seul Gi left the kitchen. They both said their goodbyes to Wendy and left the apartment.

In the middle of the journey to the cafe, Seul Gi informed Irene that she will be dropping her off at the cafe, and will only come back in 30 minutes time as she needed to collect her parcel from the post office. Irene just gave her the 'ok' sign and smiled sweetly while scrolling through her emails on her phone.

After exiting out of Seul Gi's car, Irene walked towards the front of her cafe, her hands fumbling inside her bag, trying to retrieve the keys to the cafe. Once her tiny little fingers successfully fished out the item she was looking for, she unlocked the door of her cafe and switched on the lights along with the air conditioner.

All this little small details and actions made her reminisce the past when she used to single-handedly manage the cafe. Always being the first person to enter and the last person to leave the cafe. Even though her cafe's opening hours in from 10 am to 10 pm, she'll always step into the cafe 2 hours earlier so that she could prepare all the necessary things that needed to be done before dozens of people come storming into the cafe.

Every few times in a month, she would spend her whole day at the cafe, opening it as early as 8 am and allowing her valued customers to come early, and leave slightly later than supposed. By doing this, it allows the memories to be etched in her mind forever. She loves sitting in the corner of the cafe and just watches as people come and go, with bright smiles plastered on their faces and leaving the cafe with a sense of satisfaction. That is what makes her stay grounded and reminding her the reason why she started this whole thing. It gives her a warm feeling knowing and seeing that the people who visit her cafe leave with a smile on their faces. That alone proves the purity of the little lady's heart.

 

8.3o am, Coffee Ground, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

As she set her bag on one of the seats located at the corner of the cafe, she made her way to the kitchen to switch on all the appliances needed. She then strolled back to her chosen spot and switched on her laptop, ready to start her day with waves of incoming emails and documents.

Sipping on her latte and replying emails was what she was doing until the sound of the bell resonated through the room. She stopped typing on her laptop to look up and she was caught by surprise to see a well-built figure standing inside of her cafe and staring directly into her eyes.

Mesmerized and speechless just by observing the tall man that just entered her cafe. He was decked in an all black suit and she surely could identify it was definitely a Gucci suit. Please, she knows her brands. His brown hair was smoothly waxed to the side, making him look extremely classy and well dressed.

Her eyes continued trailing down from his hair to observe his smooth fair skin. The way his eyebrows knitted in confusion, possibly because of the way she's staring at him. His eyes were a shade of warm brown that  made her thoughts lost for a moment in time. The way his nose fits perfectly on his face without doing much. His lips that looked extremely soft and full of  natural tint, made her feel a little pang of envy. How every single one of his features on his face stood out as if he was perfectly sculpted made her beat irregularly. She was enthralled.

He managed to take her breath away.

The moment Sehun stepped into the elegantly decorated cafe, his nose could immediately detect the sweet and heavenly smell that lingered throughout the cafe. He looked around the cafe, only to be dazzled by a petite girl, who was awkwardly staring into his eyes.

That shade of ash purple that coats her hair remarkably well, tied up into a bun, only made his heart beat faster. It was a manifestation of affirmation that, she was the same woman he collided into a few days ago. With that same heavenly scent that never once left his senses, he was certain, that she was the one who took his breath away.

And he wasn't wrong, she surely did take his breath away, only this time it was with her angelic features and figure.

He loved every single feature that was sitting on her beautiful face. They all seem to add up to her already perfect face. He finds it utterly adorable how her eyebrows are slightly lifted, clearly showing her confusion. Her round eyes twinkling under the artificial light. Her cute button nose that made him want to pinch if he had the chance and her lips that were so thin and pink, it made him want to kiss her.

She was like art and he found her to be his masterpiece.

She realized they had been staring for about a minute or two before she immediately snapped out of her trance and slowly walked behind the counter ready to take his order, with him following behind. He was tidying up his suit, adjusting his tie, as if it had shifted when he was gazing at her. It was just a gesture, to release the awkward tension they had a minute ago. Funnily, he found himself fumbling over the buttons of his jacket, like a gawky adolescent who fell in love for the very first time.

It was still too early in the morning, hence none of the workers have officially reported to work, which did not bother Irene much as it was her decision to open the cafe earlier than usual. She also didn't mind taking his order as he was the only customer in her cafe.

"Good Morning, what would you like to order?" she cheerfully questioned trying to hide the nervousness building in her system.

Sehun's eyes scanned the menu, though impractically, as he would usually go with his all-time favorite Hazelnut Macchiato. He requested for his Macchiato, only to be responded by a radiant smile.

God, she is so beautiful, he thought.

Irene made her way to start making his Hazelnut Macchiato skillfully. Brewing the coffee was like a piece of cake to her. She found it extremely therapeutic and she loves the aroma of the freshly brewed coffee. She also liked the fact that he had an interesting taste for coffee, a unique one she might add. She had been smiling and even chuckling a little when she was preparing his drink and only he noticed it.

He was captivated by the way she was preparing his drink, the fact that she was so skillful and immersed in making the coffee, yet grinning so wildly, made his heart beat a little faster and smile a little wider.

Once his Hazelnut Macchiato was finally done, she handed it over to him and he paid for the drink. She walked back to her seat, expecting him to leave the cafe once he had gotten his coffee. As she sat back down, he had unexpectedly pulled a chair that was directly opposite of where she was seated and continued to admire her.

When she noticed his gaze on her, her eyes instantaneously widen and she immediately looked down at her notebook in embarrassment as she could feel the heat creeping up her face and her cheeks getting warm. She hated being stared at. She really despises it. Adding on to the fact that he, an extremely good looking and fine man, was staring at her, made her cheeks flushed to a brig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter