one

Juliet’s Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10.30am, Coffee Ground, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-Gu, Seoul.

With her ash purple hair collected on the right side of her shoulders, Irene pushed the glass door of the homely cafe she owned, Coffee Ground, that she established with her own hard work and perspiration 2 years back.

Today, the cafe, that she had been working her whole life for is now bustling with people and it made her heart feel all warm and fuzzy. Seeing people's faces, gleaming with delight, spending their time here in her cafe, enjoying the calm atmosphere and the blissful aroma of freshly ground coffee that lingers around the cafe, gives her a sense of pride, that she actually made it. She actually made it without financial help from her father. She made it on her own.

Irene walked to the counter of the cafe and instinctively, the workers in sight bowed to her as a form of respect. Before ordering her usual to go which is an Iced Caramel Latte, Irene returned the bows in acknowledgment. She paid over the counter and casually walked up the stairs leading to administration office just a level above the cafe.

She sneakily tip-toed into the office of the lady who has helped her built and managed the whole cafe up till today. There, seated a very adorable lady, more like a baby bear in Irene's opinion, facing the screen of the laptop and tapping furiously the keyboard, with her eyebrows furrowed.

Kang Seul Gi, one of Irene's pillar of strength ever since she made that courageous decision to leave her upscale lifestyle, and build her own life with her two small hands. Seul Gi has watched Irene struggle trying to cope with the unfamiliar environment she had to deal with when she first started out her dance business. She had been there through her emotional breakdowns and whenever she fell ill.She has watched her bloom and matured into a beautiful lady that she is right now. She vows to always be there for her forever.

Through the years, they've become inseparable along with Wendy. They helped each other out whenever one of them fell, struggled or when they were at their lowest. They've also been there during the happy moments of each other's life. They are each other's backbone and nothing can change that fact.

" Hey, baby bear! why so serious love?"

Irene walked towards Seul Gi's desk and sat on the edge of her table to see what occupied her best friend's attention to not notice the moment she stepped into her office. Surprised was clearly written on Seul Gi's face the moment Irene called her out, but a smile followed suit.

As expected from her hardworking best friend, excel sheets were seen from the screen of her laptop. A smile crept on Irene's face. In all honesty, she truly appreciated the little lady sitting on her left. She was grateful to be blessed with such a modest and helpful friend. Although Seul Gi is 3 years younger than her, her maturity is way beyond her age. She's constantly supporting Irene and giving her advice. She's never once given up on Irene even when she's reached rock bottom.

Irene released a sigh and ruffled her best friend's hair,

"Don't get too caught up with it ok? Take a break, bear. You've been working hard enough and I don't want you to tire yourself out hm?"

Seul Gi just nodded and smiled sweetly. Taking a break from the endless excel sheets she has to complete, she joined Irene who was already seated on the sofa next to the desk. She lunged herself towards Irene, who was caught by surprised by her little bears' action. Seul Gi nuzzled her head further into Irene's neck, which only made the latter laugh in amusement. They remained in that snuggly position for quite some time until Irene mentioned about eating tteokbokki with Wendy later that evening.

Upon hearing that, the little bear lifted her head to look up at Irene with her eyes glistening at the mention of tteokbokki. Irene just laughed at the cute reaction she got from her best friend. She lightly patted Seul Gi's hips as a sign for her to get off. Reluctantly, Seul Gi released Irene out of her embrace.

" Be home by 7 alright? Don't push yourself too hard hm, I'm leaving"

Irene stalked towards the door while Seul Gi dreadingly walked back towards her desk, humming in response to Irene's concerns.

Irene collected her Iced Caramel Latte from the counter and exited her cafe, only to be welcomed with a gush of wind messing up her beautiful locks. She ran her fingers through her hair to get it off her face, before sauntering towards her white beauty— a BMW S1000RR.

She mounted her bike and drov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter