The Renovation

Dragon's love

Hello lovelies. Author-nim here with a little A/N to explain a few misunderstandings nothing long.

I think I should clear up the whole omega thing. I should probably change it to bearer as that would cause less chaos in the mind neh?

So Tao as an omega is not a wolf, or a dragon or anything animalistic. He's a simple human just with the ability to carry children. The only person who can shift is Yifan which is why Tao is so scared of him, to him it isn't natural. Yifan knows that Tao can have children courtesy of the dragon. How the dragon knows? Well we'll have to find that one out later on. 

On with the story! 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The two sat facing each other where it all began : the cavern. Zitao was getting a bit sick of it. The wall of the cavern was  thick and the ceiling as high as the sky. Despite being very spacious, Zitao thought he was suffocating.

"Well I'm going to be here a while, so let's start over, yes? I'm Zitao but my friends call me Tao. Nice to meet you." Tao stuck out his hand in greeting towards Yifan. Again.

Yifan eyed his hand with confusion just like he did the first time the boy stuck his hand to him but other than taking it in his he ignored it. He didn't want a total replay of what happened the first time they shook hands.

"Yifan."

Tao sighed and hung his head in frustration. One moment Yifan seemed totally amazed by his very existence and was willing to do almost whatever he asked now he seemed untrusting and secluded. Tao couldn't really blame him.

"We haven't had the best acquaintanceship so far and I think it's best we put that all away for now. I still wish to leave this place but as I said it won't be for now so we might as well try to survive with each other..."

Yifan found his blabbering a bit uninteresting but listened nonetheless. Tao constantly talked about leaving here as if Yifan was keeping him prisoner. Yes he was the one who abducted him but he apologized for that (or he thought he did) a long time ago. 

"...Minhyuk is definitely on his way here now for me and I know he will find me but how long it will take is up to fate-"

That definitely caught his attention. 

"Minhyuk?" 

"Yes, the man I am to wed."

Yifan felt the fire of the dragon warm his body. It wasn't fond of the thought of another male near his territory, near his treasure, near his Tao. 

He shook his head to rid of that thought. He wanted to boy gone too, it would be better that way.

"And you are sure he will find you?" 

"You speak as if he can't."

"This island has been here for years. It where all the dragons of my line were born and died. The very island was made with the bones of my ancestor as its structure." 

Tao eyes widened in realization. He always thought it was ironic that the island Yifan lived on was shaped like a dragon. The island had a long mountain range. The range was oddly shaped starting very high then ending very low.

"Here where we are is his skull and far to the other end of the island is the tip of his tail. My ancestors have lived here in peace never being found. And that is because we don't want to be. When I said I wasn't keeping you here and you're free to go I wasn't lying. The only way a person can find this island without a dragon's help is if a person on this island wishes for them to come here."

Tao was beyond confused, was this island cursed. "So Minhyuk can only come here for me is if I want him to come here?"

Yifan nodded. 

"That's what I've been dreaming for!"

"Then you have nothing to worry about."

"But wouldn't it all be easier if you took me back?"

Yifan expression contorted to a frown. "I can't."

"Can't or won't?"

"Can't. I could never control the will of the dragon and that has worsen since your arrival. To take you back would be your death."

Zitao felt his head lightened at that. The sudden urge to puke had him closing his eyes and taking deep breaths. Think Tao, just think. Yifan said that if he wished it, Minhyuk would come for him. How long that would take was a mystery. He'd have to live with Yifan for a while. That surely couldn't hurt right? Yifan hasn't totally tried to kill him yet, well not consciously but it still counts.

Zitao sneezed hard. The dust that littered around was bothering him. He never could function around a place that was too dirty. The cavern had all the signs of a place that needed a desperate clean. Dirt here, rocks and pebbles there and cobwebs everywhere. They hung as the chandeliers with candles would back at his father's house. He sighed then quickly shook his head. He didn't want to think of his village or his family. No sad thoughts from no one. He was going to be positve.

"Have you ever thought to clean this place up?" At the question Yifan's thick eyebrows only furred in confusion. "It mustv'e been clean at one point no mother would have her child growing in such a place. I know your mother cleaned it at least once."

"I never had a mother."

It was Tao's turn to be confused then it dawned on him. His mother probably died during child birth as his did. He could relate with not having a mother's touch to soothe him but the maids he grew with certainly made up for it. He couldn't imagine living without a motherly figure in his life. "I am sorry to hear that."

"It is the way of the dragon." 

Tao opened his mouth to tell him that losing a mother wasn't only subjected to his kind but refrained. Yifan already seemed to firmly believe it was and he really didn't want to be in another argument with him.

"Well that doesn't mean we aren't going to clean this place up."

Yifan didn't completely understand Tao's need to clean but he had an idea. He noticed that human always like to have their dens stuffed with cloths and wooden creations. Tao seemed to be the same as the rest. It was truly confusing to him but he wasn't going to voice that. He was already strange to Zitao. He didn't need to give the boy more reason to fear him. He got up and held tightly onto Zitao's hand. He carried along a path that would take him onto the east side of the island. Yifan didn't have a need to go there usually as it would easier to fish on the west side but he somehow knew Zitao would find the east beach more interesting. 

Zitao allowed YIfan to pull him where he wanted to. They walked onto the unfamiliar side of the island. To Tao the beaches looked identical well except for the massive shipwrecks that loitered this side of the island. 

"Ships!" Zitao wriggled his hand from Yifan's grip then ran towards the ships. Yifan normally wouldn't venture onto the humans' vessel, his father always scolded him about it but Tao's excitement had him tagging along as well. 

They found many things inside the wreckage, cloths and clothes from different countries, furnitures with intricate carvings, paintings and drawings of exotic looking people and even jewelry with magnificent gem stones. Together they transported their findings to the cavern. They cleaned and redecorated the place to both their likings. Tao made sure they both had their own private area by hang a big sheet as barrier. Yifan was enjoying himself learning about Tao's lifestyle. It was so different from his. Tao explained to him what each thing was for and why they were used. He showed him how to wear the different clothes and jewelry. Yifan was bewildered when he saw Zitao slipped earrings into both his ear lobes and along the cartilige of the left. Yifan wanted his to be pierced too. After their dress up, they danced, well tried to dance, together. Tao realised how clumsy and curious Yifan naturally was. In all they had a good time. 

Yifan fondled with his fresh piercings again. Unlike Tao, only his right ear was pierced but all of four times. His ear was now decorated with jewelry from the tip to the lobe. Tao slapped away his hand.

"If you keep touching them they won't get better!" Yifan stopped.

They were seated around a fire, far away from their new cavern, munching on that night's dinner of roated fish, the usual. The little furred animal Yifan was always with was there eating as well. Tao was still wary of the animal but not as before. The day has been civil. He enjoyed it entirely, to be honest he couldn't think of the last time he had that much fun.

"Goodnight." He said. Yifan huffed a reply.

He stood and stretched then walked to his side of the cavern now. Yifan was busy playing with his pet. Tao lied onto his makeshift bed. It wasn't long before he became drowsy. He mightv'e been taken here against his will but at least he was enjoying it somewhat.