The Meeting

Dragon's love

Zitao groaned as he opened his eyes. His head hurt, his feet hurt, his arms hurt, everything hurts. He brought his hands to his head to feel if the wetness he felt was what he thought it was. It was what he thought it was. Blood.

He saw something like a rat scurry pass his feet and he quicky brought his knees to his chest in fear. The impending tears raced down his face as he cried to himself. He was going to die, he was definitely going to die. The only source of light came from the moonlight that shone it's rays into the large hole Zitao was in. He looked around using the little light he had and came to the conclusion that he was in a cave that was like 20 feet below the surface. 

The thought of climbing out went as fast as it came. The rocks were sharp and he knew that him climbing out would be next to impossible. Another fresh set of tears were about to spring of the thought of dying in the scary cave. 

"Are you hurt?" A rough voice resonated throughout the cave. Tao looked around shocked at the voice. There's was no one there that he was sure of, it must be a ghost. The tears that were in welled in his eyes fell at the thought of a ghost talking to him.

"Are you hurt? Why are you crying again?" The voice sound panicked. "I'm over here. Look over here."

Tao sniffed looking towards where the voice sounded the strongest. Over to his right was a little hole big enough for only a hand to fit through. There he was a face of a man. He couldn't see much but he could see the man's slightly tanned skin and his weird but mesmerizing eyes. 

"Who are you? Are you a prisoner for that monster too?" The man seemed to wince at Tao's words before nodding. 

He pushed his hands through the hole with a small flat stone in his hand and on the stone a green muck. "Put it on your bruises."

"What's this?" Tao asked taking the mixture from the man. The man was a prisoner too he wouldn't try to harm him. 

"It's good for bruises. I made it from the flowers that grows at the top of the cave." Zitao looked up and true to his words there were small bushes that grew at the top. He put the mixture on the cut on his head and the ones on his arms and feet. He felt a sting on his back and knew that his back was hurt too. He turned his back to the hole and slid of the now brown shirt he wore off his shoulder to apply the medicine. 

"You look beautiful." Tao quickly scrambled the shirt on to cover his skin. A fresh blush rose on his cheek but his face showed his disapproval.

"You're not supposed to look!"

"Why not?" The man seemed offended. 

"You're just not supposed to!"

"That makes no sense." The man frowned at Tao, but his golden eyes stared on.

"How long have you been here?" The man looked pained. He eyes shifted to look down at where he stood.

"I don't know." Tao felt sorry for him.

"I'm Zitao but you can call me Tao."

"Yifan."

Tao smiled and held his hands out towards the hole. "Nice to meet you Yifan." Yifan looked suspiciously at Tao's hand before he took it in his own. It was clear Yifan had no idea what to do so Tao shook their hands. "This is what people do when they first meet." 

"Oh, I see." Yifan looked at their locked hands in wonder.

"Don't worry Yifan, I have a plan to leave and I know my husband to be is on his way for me, you can come with me and leave this place." As the words left his mouth Yifan ripped his hand from Tao's then shouted as if in pain.

"Move Tao, the dragon is coming." Tao looked up but didn't see the dragon flying over head. 

"A dragon! Where is he? Yifan! Yifan! Are you okay? What's happening?" Tao asked frantically. 

"Move!" Yifan shouted in a feral voice. Tao scared ran back to the other side of the cave. He wrapped himself in a ball and closed his eyes. He tried his best to block out the screaming then the growling. He tasted the salty tears and hastily wiped them away. He wouldn't cry he'd be strong.

The dragon roared, the sound shook the cave frightening Tao more. The beast flew up and over the cave. Tao felt the wind from it's wing hitting him as it flew. It roared then shot a blast of fire over the opening of the cave. Tao felt the heat as if the fire was burning him instead. The dragon perched at the top if the cave and looked down at Tao. Gathering his courage Tao looked up at the beast. He could see his disheveled state in the eye of the dragon. Golden eyes.

The dragon took off again leaving the cave. A small whimper then a sniffle sounded throughout the cave as Tao tried his best not to cry. He was going to go back home to his love. One away or another