Stupid Cupid

Sowoo One-Shot Collection!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stupid Cupid

 

After a couple years, Matthew had finally completed his cupid training courses. He would’ve been done earlier, but honestly he failed some portions of the trainings and had to redo them. Sometimes the head cupid staff wondered how the hell they chose someone like him, but there must be some talent within the man. As soon as the news got out to the head cupid leader, his blood pressure rose, well something along the lines of that.

 

“Sir, are you sure about this?” Taehyung, a top cupid, asked.

 

“Sigh, we have no choice. According the the records we’re running low on cupids. We’ll just have to trust him.”

 

“I volunteer myself to look after him.” The leader sighed in relief, knowing Matthew would be in good hands. He has always admired Taehyung’s hard work. His only hope was that Taehyung’s hard work could rub off onto Matthew.

 

“Yo yo what’s up!” Matthew walked into the room, the bow sloppily hanging over his arm and the arrows falling half out of his bag. The leader and Taehyung could only sigh in frustration.

 

“Please keep an eye on him during all times, okay?”

 

“Yes, sir!”

 

Matthew gave the leader a playful salute before heading out behind Taehyung.

 

***

 

Currently the boys were hanging around on the grass, watching the university students walk into the building. Taehyung took out his folders and notes on who they needed to take care of while Matthew was too busy checking the human girls out.

 

“Can you do more than check people out? We’re here to work not play.”

 

“It doesn’t hurt to play and work.”

 

“The last guy said the same thing, until…” Taehyung left his sentence a mystery, wanting to scare his partner.

 

“Until… what?” Matthew’s attention was towards the top cupid now.

 

“Until he was punished for making a mistake.”

 

“What did they do? Take his arrows or something?” Matthew laughed.

 

“They cut off his wings.” Matthew froze on the spot, suddenly being too scared. He wondered if it was too late to go back into the training program. “Come on, I see our first target heading to class.”

 

Matthew and Taehyung made themselves invisible towards the human eye. Taehyung saw his first target hanging by the classroom door along with his second target near the girl. He got on one knee. He handed an arrow to Matthew, to hold, and the other one in his bow. Closing one eye, his arrow landed perfectly onto the girl’s bottom. Quickly he grabbed the second arrow and did the same to the guy. Matthew watched his skills in awe, finally getting to see the great Taehyung in live action. In the training corridors, they’d always talk about the top cupids and he thought the people were exaggerating - well until today he thought so.

 

“I hope you took some mental notes with all that staring, because today you’ll be testing it out.”

 

“O-of course I did!”

 

“I really hope so.” Taehyung mumbled.

 

Matthew had trouble catching up to Taehyung. He worked really hard and too fast. He was given his wings but the leaders had limited his rights. Matthew was a bit upset knowing that those people didn’t have much faith in him, so after this experience with Taehyung he wants to prove everyone wrong. He wants everyone to see how great he was. Matthew could just imagine the praises he’d receive from the leader, Taehyung, and other cupids. Everyone gathered around him, applauding his achievements. But he was too lost into his day dream to notice that Taehyung was too ahead of him. Matthew mumbled some random words, not knowing he just unlocked the power of being invisible to humans yet the humans could still feel his touches. Along with his clumsiness, Matthew accidentally touched a certain girls lower back, trying to get past her, because the hallway was way too crowded.

 

As he ran towards Taehyung, that same girl turned back to see who just touched her. She made eye contact with Jiwoo. She was flustered yet confused. Jiwoo was known to be pretty reserved and innocent. She never thought the other girl could be so bold.

 

At the same time Jiwoo was confused on why Somin was staring at her with slightly pink cheeks. She looked around and behind her, just to make sure the girl was looking towards her. So Jiwoo awkwardly waved at the other girl, who returned the gesture. They walked away, wondering what the hell just happened.

 

***

 

“Ah! Finally! I’ve found you.”

 

“Nice to see you again. I’m almost done, I’ll give you the last person assigned.”

 

“W-wait… WHAT?! You were serious? I thought I was just observing and stuff today.”

 

“Well.. Surprise? I think you’ve seen enough to handle one person on your own. It’s not to hard, Matthew. I believe in you.” Taehyung placed his hand on Matthew’s shoulder, trying to comfort him. Matthew was shocked at the sudden statement. While nobody had faith in him, it seemed like Taehyung did. Matthew had to face his fears. For Taehyung. For himself.

 

***

 

On the other hand, Somin was heading towards the library. It was her free period and her mid-exams were coming up. Her mind was also occupied with the thoughts of Jiwoo from earlier. She has talked to the girl in her early years in school and they were even in group projects, so she was confused why she couldn’t get the girl out of her head. There was just something about her awkward smile and wave that Somin found adorable. She felt a bit special, knowing Jiwoo got that intimate with her.

 

Jiwoo was also hanging out in the library, but for a total different reason. She wanted to take a nap and the library was the only quiet pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter