Christmas Party

Sowoo One-Shot Collection!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas Party

 

There were about two weeks left before Christmas and Jiwoo was tired of the hype already. Her boss loved the holidays and set up the office before hand. It’s been decorated since November, she didn’t even bother with thanksgiving honestly. Everyone was finishing off their last tasks before heading home and Jiwoo saw her friend handing out her Christmas Party invitations from afar. She wanted to attend this year’s party, because all her previous year parties were amazing, but she knew Somin would be there. It would be awkward if they both came to the party. It’s been three weeks since they broke up over some stupid little misunderstanding and no matter how many times Jiwoo tried to get her back, the other girl was just too stubborn.

 

Her eyes fell towards her ex girlfriend. She was smiling as she talked to the other workers and Hyuna, the mutual friend who threw the amazing parties. Somin’s eyes met hers. Both froze, not knowing if they should look away, smile or just stare for the moment. Hyuna saw the duo and thought they were doing their usual flirting. No one knew that they broke up. They weren’t the type to make a huge announcement.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll see enough of her later.” Hyuna winked at Somin as she skipped towards Jiwoo, holding an invitation in her hand.

 

“Hey Hyuna, how can I help you today?”

 

Hyuna held out the invitation, which Jiwoo took gladly, “You know the deal Jeon number two. See you there. No excuses!” Before Jiwoo could even reply, Hyuna had left the office.

 

She sighed as she packed up her belongings and made her way towards the elevator. She saw the doors about to close, “hey wait up!” The person in the elevator put their hand on the elevator door as Jiwoo quickly slipped through the entrance. “Gosh, thank you so much! Phew!” Jiwoo giggled to herself, trying to catch her breath.

 

“No problem,” and suddenly her breath was gone once more, realizing that the person who helped her was Somin.

 

“Sooo…” Jiwoo awkwardly scratched the back of her neck.

 

“Are you going to Hyuna’s party?” Somin decided to break the ice. She’s been wanting to talk to the other girl for a while now, but she knew how much Jiwoo hated her stubborn side. She was afraid to annoy her.

 

“I’m not sure yet. What about you?”

 

“Hmmm, I don’t know. I don’t have any plans so I guess a little fun won’t hurt?”

 

“That’s true. I think you should go. You would’ve just stayed home and watched some dramas either way, so why not get some fresh air?” Even though Jiwoo hated the thought of Somin having fun with someone else, she knew it was unhealthy to trap her in. Somin was no longer her lover. She is single. They are single.

 

The elevator finally reached the lobby. Both stepped out and made their way out. Even though Jiwoo drove herself to work, she decided to hang near Somin while she waited for her ride.

 

“So I heard Jisoo* was in town again.”

 

“She is?” Somin tried her best to hold in a smile of relief. Jisoo was Jiwoo’s ex and she was worried that Jiwoo would’ve been spending some time with the other girl. She felt good knowing Jiwoo wasn’t hanging with anyone else.

 

“Yeah, I think? I heard from Hyuna, so I’m not sure.”

 

“Good for her then. Well see you.”

 

“At the party?” Both laughed in sync.

 

Jiwoo gave Somin a big smile before answering, “see you at the party.”

 

The second Jiwoo entered her car, she squealed and did a fist bump into the air. She was happy that her and Somin could have a normal conversation again, with no heavy atmosphere. Her mind couldn’t stop thinking about the smile she gave her and her giggles still ran through her ears. It’s like they never broke up. She drove out of the parking lot, but noticed that Somin was still out in the cold. She stopped in front of her and rolled down the passenger seat window, “ride not here yet?”

 

“I was waiting for the bus, but I forgot that the next one doesn’t come until an hour or so.”

 

“Get in, I’ll take you home.”

 

“No it’s okay—“

 

“No I insist. Come on, I have nothing better to do.” Somin gave up and entered her vehicle.

 

As Jiwoo drove through the tunnel, Somin watched her in awe. The lights and night sky reflected wonderfully off Jiwoo. Moments like these Somin wished she could stop time. Her hands itching to touch her ex lover. Wanting to fix her hair. Wanting to warm her cold hands in Jiwoo’s. Wanting to just feel the other girl.

 

“Well, we’re here.” As Somin got out, so did Jiwoo. She walked Somin to her door. Somin was confused to what she should do. Hug her? Kiss her? Hold her hand?

 

“You didn’t have to walk me to my door you know that, right?”

 

“Oh yeah, of course!” It actually slipped from her mind. Both of them stood in front of the door. It wasn’t purely awkward, but then again it was. Somin stepped forward, getting ready to give her a hug, but she stepped back not knowing if it was appropriate or not. Jiwoo was a bit disappointed. “Well good night, I love you, sleep well!” Jiwoo spoke absentmindedly.

 

“What?” Somin stopped midway from entering her house.

 

“What?” Jiwoo played dumb, praying to the gay gods to l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter