Chapter - 2

Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After coming back from hunting, Tiffany went straight to her room, taking a shower, getting ready for bed. Her celestial beast was resting on her bed the whole time. Yul wasn’t there since he had gone with Taeyeon to get fed and cleaned up. When Tiffany got out of the bathroom, she gave Sica food too.

“Sica-ah~. Here’s your favorite~.” Tiffany poured pellets on the palm of her hand, bringing it close to her. Sica finished her food quickly.

“Good job.”

Tiffany petted her. She left to grab a towel to wipe down Sica. After cleaning her up, they were ready to sleep for the night, especially Tiffany. In the dark, Sica was curled up in her own small bed while Tiffany was aimlessly looking at the ceiling when her door slightly opened.

“Fany?” Taeyeon whispered.

“What’s wrong, Taetae?” Tiffany whispered back.

“Can I sleep with you?”

“Come here then.”

Tiffany gestured for him to enter her room. He had Yul with him so before he laid down, Taeyeon placed Yul in the same bed as Sica.

Yul was excited that he would spend more time with her, so he made lots of squeaky noises. That was until Sica hissed once and Yul was silenced. But nonetheless, he was happy he would be cuddling with Sica. Yul circled around her once and then laid down, wrapping his entire body around hers. The two celestial beasts soon fell in a deep slumber.

Taeyeon slid into the side of the bed Tiffany left open. It’s been awhile since the last time Taeyeon wanted to sleep in the same bed as Tiffany. She was curious to what made him do it this time. The two were on their sides, soaking in each other’s appearance until Taeyeon’s eye’s started to get watery. Tiffany immediately reached out to him and brought Taeyeon close to her chest.

“You’re such a crybaby.” She murmured while his hair. Meanwhile, he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Can you blame me? You got hurt and I didn’t notice.” Taeyeon muffled as he continued to hug Tiffany.

“I'm sorry if I worried you.”

“You don't need to say sorry. I'm the one who should.”

“Taeyeon.”

Tiffany pulled him out of her hug, so they would be facing each other. Taeyeon felt his tears about to pour out. Instead of calling him by his pet name, Tiffany called him by his full name. He knew she was going to say something serious.

“Enough with your moping. I was hurt, yes. But it wasn't your fault. It was at the last minute the demon hit me right before he was expelled. There was nothing you could do. Understand?”

To prevent his tears from falling, he said nothing, but nodded to show he understood.

“Good. Now let's go to bed, Taetae. We still have to work tomorrow.”

Tiffany returned to hugging Taeyeon. He re-wrapped his arms around her.

“Okay Fany.”

---

“You're too slow, Taetae.” Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon's hand and started leading them to the main street.

Like any other day, Tiffany and Taeyeon spent the day by going to nearby attractions. Today, they went to the amusement park.

“Look, Taetae!” Tiffany was pointing at a big pink totoro at a game stand. The game master saw how excited she was about the toy, so he tried to goad Taeyeon into playing the game.

“You sir! It seems like your girlfriend wants the ultimate prize for this booth! Why don’t you try winning it for the lovely lady?”

Taeyeon was taken aback from him calling Tiffany his girlfriend.

“Uh-, ah-, well.” Taeyeon was too shy to respond to the game master.

“It’s okay, Taetae. You don’t need to play. I’ll play.”

Tiffany stepped up to the counter and was about to pay until Taeyeon took the money out of her hands. He instead gave the money to the game master.

“I’ll play.” Taeyeon interrupted with a tinge of nervousness. Tiffany smile grew. She knew he was nervous about letting her down by not winning the game, but she knew different. If Taeyeon was determined enough, he would win. The game master smirked.

“Well sir, the rules are you must throw these five darts at the wall of balloons. Three darts is a small prize, four darts is a medium prize, and all five darts is the ultimate prize. Are you ready to begin?”

The game master had five darts in his hands. When Taeyeon gestured to him that he was ready, the game master laid out the darts onto the counter.

“There you go and good luck.”

When Taeyeon picked one dart up, he noticed it had a slightly blunt tip. He then looked at the wall of balloons and noticed that the balloons were barely inflated. That meant the balloons would be harder to puncture. The game master didn’t want anyone to win a prize or he made it real hard to, but that wouldn’t deter Taeyeon from winning the game for Tiffany.

“Go, Taetae!!” Tiffany cheered for him. Her enthusiasm made him more determined to win.

The first one was thrown, and a popping noise was heard.

The second dart was thrown, and another popping noise was heard. Then another. And another.

“Yay!!! Taetae, Only one more!!!”

Taeyeon wasn’t sure if he should feel embarrass or not with Tiffany’s loudness. They had attracted a small crowd to the booth since no one rarely got four balloons popped. He picked up the last dart. He saw that the game master was a bit nervous of losing the totoro. He picked up the last dart and threw it. The last popping noise was heard. The crowd cheered while the game master was at a lost.

“You did it, Taetae!!” Tiffany jumped onto him and pecked T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter