Chapter - 3

Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon never felt such fear wrapping itself around his heart. When he saw Tiffany fall into the water, he lost all rational. Only one thing was on his mind. Save Tiffany. He flew straight into the water, quickly looking for her. When he saw her, he swam to her, pulling Tiffany close to him. His wings flapped once and with an enormous splash they were out of the water. Taeyeon flew back to land.

“Fany…” Taeyeon weakly murmured her name, brushing her dripping wet hair away from her face.

“Taeyeon.” He looked up and one of the angels who came as backup.

“L-Lord Sooyoung.”

“You need to get back to the angel world. Tiffany won’t stand a chance being healed here. Her body’s flowing with poison.” Sooyoung instructed.

Taeyeon immediately flew off, looking for a patch of green to return to the angel world. Sooyoung stayed there, watching them fly off as another angel came up next to him.

“Lord Sooyoung, will Lord Taeyeon and Tiffany be alright?” His gaze diverted from their direction to the angel. She was carrying Yul and Sica in two separate kettles. Yul was trying to open the door while Sica was hissing and trying to scratch the angel.

“Hard to tell. Taeyeon looked even paler than Tiffany and I thought she was worse based on her wounds. And on a side note, you shouldn't keep Yul and Sica away like that. Sica gets very annoyed if she's separated from Yul.”

The two kittens hissed at Sooyoung at the mention of their names, startling the angel carrying them.

“My bad.” Sooyoung clicked his tongue. “You two don't like it when I call you by your nicknames, Jessica, Yuri.”

---

The trees in the angel world were rustling harsher than it normally would. An angel gazed at the trees.

“Get a medical bed ready. Angels are returning and one of them is severely injured.” The angel said.

“Huh? Lord Heechul? How can you tell?” An angel asked. He looked at the angel sadly.

“The angel is in pain...so the trees are too.”

An angel carrying another angel appeared, flying from the trees.

“Lord Heechul!”

It was Taeyeon returning to the angel world with Tiffany in his arms. He was frantic. He could feel Tiffany’s life force slipping away. They landed right in front of Heechul. He instantly acted.

“Take her to the emergency medical ward. I’ve already asked for a medical bed to be prepared.” Heechul commanded. Taeyeon followed his instruction.

Taeyeon was running along the halls, effectively having angels in the way move aside. He eventually reached where the medical ward kept the medical beds. The medical beds were not the normal beds one saw on earth. They were in fact a single large flower that could open and close. Inside, a healer could use the flower’s special healing properties and healing could take place. Taeyeon quickly moved to the medical bed an angel nurse had already prepared.

“Thank you.” He said as he stepped inside carefully placing Tiffany onto the bedding. Before the nurse could close the flower, a hand stopped it.

“Taeyeon.” Lord Heechul appeared at the entrance. “Remember, you are also depleted of energy. Don’t overdo yourself or you’ll put the both of you in danger.”

“I know, I know.” Taeyeon said mindlessly.

He was more interested in starting the healing process. Sensing his eagerness to begin the healing process, Heechul closed the flower, allowing Taeyeon to heal Tiffany.

Taeyeon went straight to work. He threw his jacket on the bedding and then took off her clothes, leaving her with just her undergarments on. His breath caught in his throat when he saw the extent of her injuries. He knew it was bad based on the blood that was on her clothes but seeing the wounds, he was scared. He could lose her. Taeyeon shook his head, pushing those thoughts away. Healing Tiffany was the matter at hand.

He placed gentle kisses near her wounds. With each kiss, a portion of his power seeped into Tiffany. The first wound started to slowly heal. She groaned in pain. The more her wounds healed, her occasional groans turned into constant whimpering. A demon’s poison had a reversal affect. As the poison was removed, it inflicted pain more onto the victim.

“I know it hurts but please bear with the pain for just a little while, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon’s voiced cracked. He’s never witnessed Tiffany like this, weak and in pain.

The process continued. Taeyeon kissing her wounds, Tiffany whimpering in pain. Taeyeon’s efforts in healing her would be rewarded. Soon, he was able to finish healing all her wounds. By then, Tiffany was no longer whimpering, slightly calming Taeyeon down. His Tiffany was no longer in pain. All that was left was himself. He wasn’t injured but was exhausted. He used a lot of energy fighting the three demons and then also healing Tiffany. He needed to rest.

It wasn’t uncommon for severely injured angels to sleep in the medical bed. Two angels sharing one bed wasn’t either. Especially if the two were romantically involved, except for Taeyeon and Tiffany they weren’t. But that didn’t matter. They cared for each other, even to the extent that lots of angels often mistaken them as lovers.

Taeyeon laid down next to Tiffany and then spooned her. Inside the medical bed, no blanket or pillow was needed. It would automatically adjust the internal temperatures to comfort levels and the bedding could shift to become a pillow.

Together, Taeyeon and Tiffany fell into a peaceful slumber.

---

“Lord… Taeyeon…?” Tiffany repeated what she heard.

Taeyeon wasn’t fast enough to tell the nurse angel to not mention his new position. He guiltily stared at the ground behind Tiffany, as he awaited to be confronted by her. Tiffany turned around and glared at Taeyeon.

“You lied to me!” She hissed.

“Fany, I can explain.” Taeyeon shakily tried to calm her down with a hug. Tiffany pushed his arms away.

“I don’t need an explanation from you, Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon was already hurt when Tiffany pushed him away. She’d never resisted a hug from him before. The hurt increased when she called him by his name. And even more, when she yelled at him one final time.

“Don’t you dare come close to me again!” Tiffany stormed out of the medical ward. Taeyeon was at a loss for words. He couldn't chase after her because Heechul had strict orders to not let him leave the medical ward. The nurses present vouched they would find Heechul as soon as possible so he could stop Tiffany from leaving. But not even their efforts could help Taeyeon. Tiffany had left behind a broken hearted Taeyeon.

---

Taeyeon's eyes slowly opened. When he looked around he was sitting up, leaning against the large open window. He felt weak and sad. His mind wasn't fully awake to know just why he was sad. He closed his eyes again but reopened them in shock when he heard a sad squeaking noise.

“Yul?”

Yul was pawing at his chest, trying to get him up. The usual energetic celestial beast was sad, missing Sica. He felt incomplete without her. Yul wanted his owner and Sica’s owner to quickly make up, so he and Sica could reunite.

“You must've used a lot of energy on Earth, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon shifted his sight from Yul to the voice.

“Lady Boa… What are you doing here?” He asked wearily.

She ignored his question.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter