Chapter - 1

Angels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You a-always get h-hurt because of m-me. I d-don’t think we should be f-friends anymore.”

A young angel boy had streams of tears rolling down his face. He was hiccupping and sniffling in front of his best friend, a fellow girl angel.

“W-what?! Did someone make you say that? Was it one of the older angels? Tell me who! I’ll give them a piece of my mind.” The girl angel growled. No one messed with her best friend. If they did, they would feel her wrath. He was very important to her.

The boy couldn’t say anything back. The girl clicked her tongue and grabbed the boy’s hand. She dragged him back to the angel nursery where they have lived since they were born, in silence. The boy was worried over her silence, so he peered up at her. Tears were threatening to fall for her. He never ever wanted to be the reason for her tears. Since this time, he was the reason for those tears, it made him cry even more.

“Never tell me lies, when it’ll make you cry, Taetae.” Small droplets of tears fell from the girl’s eyes as she said that. “You’ll make me cry too.”

Taetae rubbed his eyes to keep the tears from overflowing.

“I won’t ever say that again. I won’t make you cry anymore, Fany.”

---

15 years later

A young woman was sitting, leaning back on a park bench. She was getting exhausted and cold from waiting. The jacket her friend gave her was warm, but she missed her own jacket. It was destroyed from her last job and her best friend offered to go get another one made in the angel world. Unfortunately, he was taking forever.

“He’s late. I wonder what’s taking him so long? What do you think Sica, Yul.” The woman looked down at two small white furry kittens that were curled up in her scarf. The animals were silent. They were sleeping, all cuddled against each other. She smiled at their cuteness overload. They were in love.

The small mammals are celestial beast. An angel’s guardian. Every angel working on Earth was given one. They served as an emergency signal if their angel was in danger. Like how on earth, dogs were man’s best friend, celestial beasts were angel’s best friend.

“Well what do we have here?”

A very familiar voice brought the woman out from her thoughts about the two celestial beasts. Her eyes widen, and jaw dropped open in shock.

“Lord-”

---

A young man was walking with purpose towards the angel world’s clothing store. Although he was quite reserved, his charming features and approachable aura swooned all nearby angels.

“Ah~, Lord Taeyeon is so graceful. Wearing that white pants with the pink dress shirt just increases his purity.” An angel said to her friend. She agreed until she noticed that he wasn’t wearing his normal white dress jacket.

“Huh? Did his jacket get destroyed while on duty? Is that why he’s going to the clothing store?” The angel said in despair.

“Oh no! I hope he’s okay.”

“I’m sure he’s alright. He is after all now an archangel.”

The chatter of any other angels disappeared as Taeyeon entered the clothing shop. All the workers and customers ceased their conversation wondering what he was doing there.

“L-Lord Taeyeon. This is the jacket you asked to be made.”

The store manager handed Taeyeon a leather jacket. All the workers were quiet. They were waiting for his response as he looked over the jacket until he finally smiled.

“Thank you. This is exactly how I wanted it.”

His charming smile sent the entire store into a blushing madness. Their newly appointed archangel was too charming and pure for them. He bid farewell to the workers and customers still there. He hurriedly went to a portal that connected the angel world to Earth.

All that was needed to travel from the angel world and Earth was a patch of green such as luscious trees or clean, pure streams. That was easy to do in the angel world since angels cared for their environment. That wasn’t quite applicable to Earth. There, it was much harder to find healthy trees or clean rivers. Humans didn’t quite care for their environment like the angels did.

Before Taeyeon could leave for Earth, a female angel stopped him.

“Going back to Earth already?”

“Yes...Lady Sunny.”

“Aw~, come on. You’re now an archangel too. Since we’re both archangels, you can call me by my name.” Sunny hugged the life out of Taeyeon. Ever since he was a kid, Sunny had always showed her affection towards him. Not as a lover, but more as her son.

“That feels weird to me Lady Sunny. I’m just so use to calling you Lady. I don’t think I’ll be able to call you by your name. But did you need something? Why are you here?”

Sunny smiled like a mother, proud of her son. Taeyeon was smart. He knew something was up.

“Oh nothing~. I was just wondering if you were going to visit Tiffany.”

“I am.”

Sunny tilted her head towards the jacket in Taeyeon’s arm.

“Did her jacket get destroyed? Make sure you tell her to be careful. And tell her to come visit too. It’s been years since she last came to the angel world you know. I’m getting very lonely and you aren’t very much helpful with my loneliness.”

Taeyeon stepped past Sunny about to enter the portal.

“I’ll tell her, but I won’t force her to.”

“That’s good enough for me. Before I forget here.” Sunny threw a pouch at Taeyeon. He turned around and caught it, then opened it revealing berries filling the pouch. “For Tiffany.”

“Sweet berries. That’s right, it’s harvesting time. I’ll make sure to give them, to her.” Taeyeon reclosed the pouch and turned back towards the trees, entering the portal he made, disappearing.

---

“Lord Sooyoung, just what exactly are you trying to accomplish?”

“Nothing, Tiffany” He innocently shrugged his shoulders while munching loudly on chips. Humans walking by, annoyingly looked at them. Tiffany swear she was going to die from embarrassment.

“Can’t you eat more quietly? You’re embarrassing me.”

Sooyoung thought for a minute before chewing even more loudly.

“Nope! On another note, Tiffany, why are you just sitting here? And isn’t that Yul, Taeyeon’s celestial beast?”

Despite Sooyoung being an archangel, she was ready to smash his head against the concrete. Sooyoung must’ve felt Tiffany’s murderous aura so he quickly brought up a topic that would distract her.

“Did you know an officer was appointed to be an archangel?”

Just like that, the murderous aura was gone, replaced with a fierceness in competition.

“Really?! An officer was appointed to be an archangel? Who, tell me Lord Sooyoung.”

Suddenly she was pulled backwards, her back hitting someone's torso. She instantly knew who it was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter