Mianhae

Blind Date

Meanwhile the sunrays had turned from white and yellow to red and gold, and the trees and all the people in the park were dipped into a beautiful golden light, suggesting a feeling of value and bliss. The last golden rays of the sun mirrored in Jung Min’s eyes and on Sandra’s hair, as they both sat silently on the bench, unknowingly what to say or what to do. The delicious food Sandra had brought was all eaten up and the box lay now again unnoticed in the scarlet red bag.

“I think you should go back now,” Sandra then broke the silence. Jung Min shook his head.

“I don’t want to,” he replied. She looked confused.

“Why? Your friends will be waiting for you!”

“They know where I am. I told them.”

“I see.”

Silence.

“Would you want to go out with me?” Jung Min blurted out. Sandra stared at him, in shock and disbelieve. Jung Min slapped the hand on his mouth and cursed himself.

“I-I meant… would you want to meet me again…?” he tried to defuse his situation. She beamed at him as if he had told her that Christmas was advanced and she nodded with sparkling blue eyes. Her eyes really resemble the sky, Jung Min thought. Without thinking he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, gently pulling her closer so she could rest her head on his shoulder.

“Jung Min Ssi, I…” she began.

“What?”

“I-I’m not sure if you should meet me again, though.” Jung Min stared at her.

“Why?”

“It’s… because you are an idol… you should go out with your kin… and not to mention that I’m just a freaked out young widow and fan,” she smiled, but Jung Min could see the hurt expression on her face. “I could betray you and lie to you, selling our story to the press for money and go to the media, you know?”

“Would you do that?” he asked her calmly. Suddenly Sandra burst into tears. The singer was shocked and at first didn’t know what to do.

“O my God, Sandra, what is it? Why do you cry? Omo… Please don’t…” He was completely confused and wondered what he had done wrong. He pulled her into his embrace and gently her hair as she trembled under tears.

“I-I’m sorry…J-Jung Min… S-so sorry,” she hiccupped.

“What is it?”

“I-I-I … I re-really did think a-about g-going to the stupid p-press,” she whined and drew back from his embrace. “B-but that was before I g-got t-to know y-you… you s-stupid, wonderful, l-lovely, p-perfect m-man…” She started to cry again, her small body shook under her sobs. Jung Min was now totally overtaxed with the whole situation and just sat there, staring sheepishly.

“I-I’m sorry, I should go now, please forgive me,” she sniffed and stood up. She looked at him with tears running down her cheeks like waterfalls, then turned to leave and broke into a run. As she was nearly out of sight, Jung Min spotted her rose lying on the ground, and he came back to his senses. He picked it up and ran after her.

 

 

Author's note:

Haha finally updated.... sorry for being so late, but I didn't had time yesterday *bows in apologize* but I hope to finish this story today, so please, leave comments and tell me if you liked it, right?

Thanks to all readers and subscribers :)