UNO

Hello Autumn


Seoul, 2000.


The sky looked so dark, the heaven’s waters were attempting to drop freely to the soil. A little girl squatted in fear inside the mushroom shaped shelter in the park. The little girl around 6 or 7 years old hugged the brownish-colored knitted teddy bear doll. The young girl’s facial expression looked so sad and scared. Meanwhile, outside the shelter the lightings were starting to strike the sky.


“Appa…” whimpered the girl in scared tone.


Seconds later the heart-piercing whimper grew into soft sobs. The barking lightings were echoing their sounds unstoppably. The heavy rain lasted for long time. In the middle of crying, the 6 year old girl directed her stare when she saw a teenager girl walked inside the shelter in soaking school uniform. The little girl saw the older girl in innocent stare, she sobbed in audible voice.


The older girl threw the wet bag randomly, she walked closer to the younger girl’s spot.
“Hi young miss, stop your cry” stated the schoolgirl in calming tone, she bent her knees. The wet skirt touched the brownish land.
The schoolgirl wiped the younger’s tears with her soft hand in gentle moves.
The younger girl stayed silent on her spot. She stared the unnie in mesmerized stare. The brown orbs looked so captivating.
“Where are your parents?” asked the school girl seconds later.


No response from the 6 years old girl.


The schoolgirl was silent for a moment, she taught the possible thing to do towards the little girl in front of her.
“Hmm.. okay, if you don’t want to tell me about your parents where about, unnie here will accompany you until the rain stops” stated the older girl in cheerful tone. 


The younger girl stayed silent.


The schoolgirl directed her stare to the younger’s surrounding. She saw a teddy bear doll on the girl’s hug.
“Hello Mr.Teddy, can you tell me why this beautiful young girl looks sad?” asked the schoolgirl in comic expression.
The younger girl flashed her smile a bit after she heard the older’s saying.


Pabo” muttered the 6 years old girl under her breath, but the schoolgirl was quiet sensible and had sharp ears.
W-what?” asked the older girl in a bit shocked tone, she disbelieved that the cute and sweet looking girl in front of her was able to mutter that kind of word.
“His name is not Mr. Teddy but Brownie, unnie” stated the younger girl in innocent tone.
“Aaaah I see.. Hello Mr. Brownie” replied the older schoolgirl.
“My name is Taeng, Mr.Brownie.. can I ask you who’s the girl’s name?” asked the older girl to the doll.
“I’m Eomma Jung’s princess” answered the girl in quick time.
“Ah I see.. where is your mom, princess?” asked the older girl in soft tone.
“I-I don’t know where my mom is, unnie” answered the little girl in sad tone.
“Are you alone?” asked the older girl confused.
“Appa…Appa” trailed the little girl.
“Your appa?” asked the older girl, still in puzzled tone.
“He left me alone here” stated the little girl in nearly crying tone.
“Pssh.. don’t worry, unnie is here with you.. after the rain stopped, let’s go find your eomma and appa” calmed the older girl.


Growling sound could be heard.


“Are you hungry?” asked the older girl.
The younger girl nodded her head quickly.
The older girl grabbed the thrown bag and rummaged the wet bag roughly. She took a baby blue lunch box.
“Here, I have one slice of sandwich.. my grandma gave me for lunch menu..you can have it” stated the 5 years older girl to another girl.
The younger girl ate the given food in peace.
“Thankyou so much, unnie” stated the younger girl shortly.
The older girl gave a sweet smile as the response.
“No problem.. I’m glad you’re feeling better now” replied the older girl.
The two were waiting for the rain to stop.
Minutes later the rain stopped and the sky started to get clearer.
“Kaja, let’s find your parents, princess” said the older girl.
The younger girl grabbed the wrist.
“No, unnie.. I want to follow you” pleaded the younger girl all of sudden.
“W-why?” stated the older girl in thick confusion.
No response from the younger girl.
“Ok, since the sky is clear, let’s go home first. I and you need to change our clothes or else, we will get sick” decided the older girl.
The schoolgirl picked her wet bag and brought the little girl to her house.
“Since I don’t know your parents whereabout and you reject the idea of finding your appa, I will bring you to my house. There I live together with my parents, grandma, an oppa and a dongsaeng around your age. My house is not that decent, but it’s comfortable enough to be lived in” stated the schoolgirl.


The younger girl smiled sincerely. 


“Thankyou unnie” stated the little girl in happy tone.


At the end, the two left the park and walked to the Kim family’s house.  Taeng told everything in detail. The family gave permission for the lost girl to live in their house. The family welcomed the girl sincerely.


“Taeng unnie, can I sleep with you tonight?” asked the younger girl after she finished her dinner.
“Of course.. I have enough space bed for two..i bet you’re not feeling comfortable sleep together with Hayeon? That girl sometimes is selfish, but trust me she is good girl” stated Taeyeon.


That night, after the two felt satisfied in gazing the starry night on the Rooftop area, the two headed inside Taeyeon’s bedroom.


“Since I don’t know your name princess, I will give you a very beautiful name.. “ muttered the older Taeng while staring at the ceiling.
The girl who laid next to her responded the older’s saying.
“What’s that, Taeng unnie?” asked the younger girl in curious expression.
“It’s Ga Eul” answered Taeng shortly.
“Ga Eul?” asked the other girl.
“Yes. Ga Eul means Autumn in Korean language..tomorrow is the beginning of autumn season, so I come up with the idea of giving you name Ga Eul since I don’t know your real name.. princess Jung” replied Taeng calmly.
“Jung Ga Eul…Nice name” added the older girl before she hugged the younger girl in her embrace.
The two slept in peace that night.

Months passed, it’s been 3 months Ga Eul lived in Kim’s house. Taeyeon loves the younger girl that much. She protected the younger girl wholeheartedly. She will guard the younger girl when she’s in school.
One day, when Taeng went to school field trip with her karate team, she left Ga Eul in Seoul. The older Kim went to Daegu for 4 days. When she came back from her field trip, Taeng felt so shocked, sad and angry. The beloved Ga Eul is gone. The parents told her that Ga Eul was fetched by her mom and brought to the USA. The only thing that was left by Jung Ga Eul for Kim Taeng was a letter in a paper covered by baby blue envelope.


Dearest Taeng Unnie,
My eomma finally found me before my appa did. She brought me back to USA. Sorry for not saying proper goodbye. Thankyou for everything, I won’t forget all memories you gave to me, I hope we can meet again someday in the future. See you later.
Your beloved,
Ga Eul.

 

Seoul, 2017


Taeng unnie, you are keeping our memories.. your Ga Eul is back – A girl in front of Taeyeon’s working table.

 

 

“Krys, dinner is ready.. come here.. palli” shouts Taeyeon from the kitchen area.

 

A/N :
Hello Readers! Pardon my bad start, I know it's short and crappy but I hope you will enjoy reading this story hehe.
As usual, don’t forget to comment and subscribe.
Love, 
J