Chapter 1

And then I saw the light

„Finally you are here.“ Namjoon sighed when Yoongi entered the room his hands full with the different Starbucks orders. He gave Namjoon the boxes with the different cups and sat down at a wall. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore his band members who were going crazy because they couldn’t remember what they had ordered. It was a total chaos and he couldn’t get his mind clear. He pulled out the little book he had found earlier and turned it between his hands. Just a simple black little book, something like a calendar so you wouldn’t forget important stuff. He started to thumb through the pages and recognized that she had a beautiful premiership. This girl, Yuna, hopefully she was alright, he thought to himself. The boys finally all had their correct drink and seemed happy. „What’s that, Hyung?“ Jimin asked while sliding down the wall to sit next to Yoongi on the floor. „Nothing.“ He explained and packed the book away. There was no need for the others to see it. Pretty sure that girl wouldn’t even like the fact that he almost read her private booklet. But he needed to find her so he could at least give it back to her and maybe, yes maybe, he could also figure out the reasons behind her scars. He clearly remembered the red and also the white stripes on her arm. Most of the scars were old but a few of them seemed pretty fresh. „Ok, let’s go to the meeting with our manager and after that we have a dance practice.“ Namjoon explained to them and Yoongi sighed. He slowly got up and stretched his arms.

 

Luckily the teacher was late today, too, so nobody except for her friend noticed that she was late for class. In fact the other pupils wouldn’t even care because nobody had a closer relationship to her. Only Rise, who moved to Seoul about a year ago. Since that day the two girls were pretty close with each other. Well, as long as Yuna let her be close to her. There were days when she didn’t even want to see anybody. When she just wanted to be alone and hide in a completely dark room. Rise was never mad at her during those phases but she couldn’t really understand why it was like that. Yuna didn’t understand it either but some days felt just really hopeless. Even now she had to fight the urge to run back home and lock herself up in her room. She rubbed her arm because it was still burning from the hot water. „Are you alright?“ Rise whispered when she sat next to her but Yuna just nodded. She always just nodded because she hated talking to people. Some days she hated it more and on some days she could start a little conversation. Some people were calling her crazy because of that but she didn’t care. Actually there wasn’t much she was caring about in her life. The teacher entered the room and it got quiet in class. Yuna crossed her arms on the table and put her head on them. During the lesson she started to dream herself far away instead of taking notes. She would just copy them again from Rise like she always did. Her thoughts started to go back to that guy with those dark chocolate eyes who spilled her tea over her arm. Yuna clearly remembered the look in his eyes when he saw all those scars. Pretty sure he was just thinking how crazy she was. Yuna was 100% sure that he couldn't understand her feelings and because of that he was just shocked and disgusted. Disgusted like the rest of the world. She started to close her eyes and hoped that she could at least sleep a little bit until this class was over.

 

Sweat was all over his body and his shirt was just stuck on his back. Why was dancing always so exhausting? Yoongi went to the side of the room and took his water bottle. „Can you show me the dance move one more time?“ Yoongi turned around and watched Jin begging J-Hope. Hobi was their dancing king. No matter how difficult a move was you could be sure that J-Hope would learn it in about 10 minutes. „Ok, watch my feet.“ Yoongi was secretly watching this private dance lesson, too, because he also had problems with that move but he would never admit it. „Yoo, Suga, do you need to learn that move, too?“ Jin was laughing but Yoongi just shook his head. „No, just wanna watch you making a fool out of yourself.“ He answered and turned away then. That was just their usual teasing with each other. None of the boys ever got mad because of something like that. Suga decided to take another look into Yuna’s book. He really wanted to give it back to her and maybe there was a little hint in it how to find her. He thumbed through the pages. Back and forth, back and forth and then he stopped. A little note saying „Lesson until 2 pm after that meeting at Seoul forest (Tomorrow the same).“ caught his eye. He took a look on his phone and realized that he had 20 minutes until her class would end. The nearest school close to the coffee shop was a 5 minute foot walk away. That was his chance. „I have to take care of something.“ He just said into the room and started to run outside. He heard the boys shouting after him but there was no time left anymore. 

 

„Yuna, class has ended.“ Rise whispered and tipped on her shoulder. Yuna opened her eyes and yawned. She really managed to fall deep asleep and that made her happy in some way. Sleeping was the best escape for her most of the time. You didn’t have to struggle with the world around you. You were just caught up in your dreams. Dreams that would never turn into reality. Her mood was sinking now because she felt like everything was just a big waste of time. Why did she even have dreams? For what reason was she even thinking that she could ever reach something in her life? It was always like that. The time has come again. From one moment to the other her mood went from normal to totally..well, what exactly was that? She knew that there was just one thing that could help her now. „See you tomorrow, Rise.“ Yuna said to her friend and then hurried to get away. She made her way through all the pupils on the floor until she reached the restrooms. She slid into one cabin and sat on the closed toilet seat. She started to search in her bag for the razor she was always carrying with her. When she became a person of chaos inside this was the only way to feel better again. The might she had over her body made her feel proud. She was able to take control over one thing in her life. While searching for the needed small and sharp thing she noticed that her little notebook was missing. Yuna started to panic. Forget the razor, where is it? She got really desperate now and then it hit her like a truck. „The coffee shop.“ She hit her forehead with her hand and hurried to get outside. Yuna knew that she needed to get it back as soon as possible. Everything was in there. All those important things. How could she even lose something like that so easily?

 

She ran outside the school and when she left the school yard Yuna noticed a familiar person walking towards her. When she was looking more concentrated she noticed that he had a cup in his hand. „Hey, you!“ She shouted and ran towards the guy who had bumped into her early this morning. „Do you have my book?“ Without waiting for him to say something she just threw this question at him. He raised his eyebrow: „What if?“ Yuna wasn’t sure what this guy had in his mind but she just wanted to get her precious item back. „Then just give it back to me.“ He was starring back at her and suddenly he held the cup in her direction. „Tea, because you spilled yours because of me.“ He explained with a deep voice but Yuna didn’t even care about this right now at all. She took a deep breath and watched this guy pulling something out of his pocket. „Do you mean this here?“ Yuna tried to grab her booklet but he just held it over his head. „Let’s say I give it back to you but you would have to do me a favor.“ He grinned a little bit and Yuna rolled her eyes. „Like what? Should I stretch my arm out so you can burn it again with the tea in your hand?“ Her sarcasm was clearly to be heard but this guy remained calm. „Actually, that was my plan but since you figured it out how about drinking a cup of tea with me tomorrow?“ Suga suggested and Yuna raised her eyebrow. „Ok.“ She said after thinking about it for a few seconds. „Ok?!“ Suga couldn’t believe what he just heard and handed her the book after she nodded again. Finally, she had her book back. Yuna put it in her pocket, turned around and started to walk away. „Hey, what about time and place?“ Yuna turned around one more time. „Try to find me again, if you can.“ She put her tongue out, turned around and walked away. She felt a little victory over this guy while she was walking into the direction of the Seoul forest where somebody was already waiting for her.