Seven

Yet We Met Again

When I saw that Sehun was getting better, I decided to get off the bed but with much difficulty as he didn’t want me to go anywhere just yet. But I insisted that I should clean up his room and wash the bowls and glasses he used. He eventually let me go and I could only hide my fond chuckle as I saw his displeased but cute pout. I proceeded to clean his room and grabbed the food tray with the empty glass and bowl to bring it to the kitchen for washing.

I saw Sehun crawling to the side of the bed to get off and follow me but I stopped and gave him a look.

“No, you need to rest. You’re sick.” I said with much authority.

“But I’m fine. I won’t do anything.” He reasoned. “I will just sit and watch you. Please?”

I sighed. “But if you feel your head spinning or something, you have to go back to bed. You hear me?”

“Yes, Mummy.” He muttered.

“Sehun.” I frowned at him.

When he realised I was serious, he nodded his head obediently to reassure me. “I will. Promise.”

And that was the only time I let him off the bed and allowed him to follow me all the to the kitchen. He sat behind the kitchen counter on the high stool and watched me do what I was doing. I felt like I was some kind of movie one was watching. Like I would pop like a bubble in the air once I’m out of his sight.

I also put away the leftover chicken soup that Mrs cooked so he could still have it in the morning after. Not much of it was left though. I cleaned the bowls, the glass, the ladle and the cooking pot.

“Are you going to sleepover?” He asked as I turned off the tap, finishing off.

I raised an eyebrow at me as I wiped my hands with the kitchen towel, already finished. “Se, my place is just literally across yours.”

He sighed loudly. “Please? I’m still sick, anyway.” He pleaded, his line of sight following my figure as I walked around to stand and lean at the edge on one end of the counter.

I rested my lower cheek, close to my jaw as my head tilted. I kept my eyes on him, soft and affectionate. I was just really glad he was okay even though he said he was still sick. “Are you, really?” I asked in rather a challenging tone, smirking. I swear, just about twenty minutes ago, he said he was fine.

“No.” He groaned. “Not that sick. I’m better but—” He stopped.

“But what?”

“I want you here. Sleep with me.” He asked. “We won’t do anything. We’re just going to cuddle and sleep.”

I chuckled and he frowned. “Why are you so clingy? So unmanly.”

“I don’t know.” He exhaled. “I just… I just feel so much better with you around.”

“I won’t go anywhere, Sehun.” I reassured him.

Then, he stood up from his seat and walked towards me. He reached out to hold both of my hands with his warmth. “Just tonight.” He made a final plea. “Please.”

“You’re using that on my again but,” I nodded. “Okay. Only for tonight.”

“So, when were you going to tell me that you met Sehun again and that he’s your neighbour?”

“Mum?”

My mother rang me in the middle of our late dinner and I answered, totally not expecting such greeting from her. Having her words sunk into me, my eyes darted to Joonmyeon with an accusatory look. The sly man just bobbed his shoulders as he casually fed himself a dumpling into his mouth. It couldn’t be anyone else but him who told my mother about Sehun.

“It was my dear cousin, wasn’t it?” I assumed, drawing much emphasis on the word in pure sarcasm.

“Honey.” She called.

I took a deep breath and admitted. “Yeah, Sehun’s my neighbour.” I confirmed. What was the point of lying anyway?

“You should’ve told me! I miss the boy.” She exclaimed. That reaction just confused me even more. With that, I stood up and headed towards my bedroom.

As I shut the door behind me, I asked, “You’re not angry?”

I was taken aback as I heard my mother let out a half-snort. “Why would I be? I would know if my daughter isn’t okay.” She adds, “And lately, I’ve seen you blooming up. It’s nice sight to see I haven’t seen in two years.”

“Mum!” I called.

“Joonmyeon also have mentioned that Sehun is working his way back to your heart again.” She revealed. Wow, I hadn’t realise my cousin could be loquacious. “In which I don’t know what exactly to feel about because for one, my daughter isn’t telling me anything and two, I’m happy that it is Sehun and not any other guy.”

“I was going to tell you.” I reasoned. My voice wrapped in guilt. “But I just never got the opportunity. I didn’t know how you’d react.”

“You know I’ve always liked Sehun.” She said and I knew that. It was just that I felt there wasn’t any need to tell them yet and the opportunity just never came. I stayed silent, dwelling in my thoughts until she broke it off again. “I always knew Sehun loved you even when he left you.”

I frowned. “Huh?” What made her say that? Now that I’ve thought about it, she wasn’t angry at Sehun at all when we broke up. Yes, she was sad and upset but probably that was because she empathised with the pain I felt. But it made me wonder, just how? Just how does Mum sounded so sure that, that was what Sehun felt about me?

“Months after the two of you broke up, I saw him in our streets. Now that I think about it, I am even more sure that he was probably there looking for you to see how you’re doing.”

“Mum…” I was speechless. I was out of words. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t mention it to you because he drove off once he noticed I spotted him. I thought it was just coincidence, really. His old neighbourhood was around there so...” Then, I heard her breathe out, deflating her lungs, “His eyes looked so sad, dear.”

I pressed my lips together.

“Another reason I didn’t tell you was because I knew you were still hurting and I didn’t want to fill you with hopes that could be false just because I am so fond of him for you. I didn’t want to add any possible more pain to you, sweetie. I hope you understand.”

“I do, Mum. I do.” I said.

At the moment, what Sehun’s mother said to me two weeks ago crawled back inside my mind. When she said that although her son left me, he never really left my side. Is this what she meant by that? What else do I not know?

“I can tell you’re feeling overwhelmed, honey.”

“I am.” I admitted.

“Okay, I’ll leave you to it. If it helps, perhaps you could ask Sehun about it to help things clear out a bit for you. I don’t think he’d mind.”

“Alright, Mum.”

“Please send my regards to him, okay? Aeron misses him too.”

“I will, Mum.” I assured. “I love you.”

“Love you too. I’ll hang up now.” She bade and I hummed.

When the call ended, I walked out of my room again to find my cousin still sitting there with playful smirk. I sat at my previous seat and faced him. “Why’d you tell Mum?”

“Because she asked…?” He answered and my eyes narrowed at him even more. “She asked how you were doing, probably from someone that isn't you and I just said the truth. I didn’t know she knew nothing about Sehun being our neighbour.”

“Huh.” I scoffed.

“At least now, Auntie knows and she doesn’t sound mad anyway.” He justified. Then, he bobbed his head towards my food that I haven’t touched since Mum called. “Finish your food and leave the dishes to me.”

I looked at him with scepticism, “What is this? Compensation?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Could be that.”

I groaned and rolled my eyes at him before picking up my chopsticks and started eating again.

After that, I cleaned the table and left the cleaning with Joonmyeon like he had mention. I went inside my room and washed my face trying to minimise the thoughts running through my head after what Mum told me. Not contented with that, I took off my clothes and striped down to nothing, hopping straightaway to shower cubicle. I turned the shower on and refreshed myself up without wetting or washing my hair.

After fifteen minutes of indulging myself with a warm shower, I grabbed my towel and dried myself before dressing to my shorts and oversized black hoodie with my University’s logo embroidered on the upper left side of it, and a big one at the back. It was one of my favourite hoodies because it was large, super soft and warm too.

I picked up my phone from where I left it and saw two messages from Sehun and one missed call. My eyebrows furrowed at the glowing screen and gave him a call without reading the text messages he sent me.

“Se.” I greeted upon him picking up.

But then, “So, are you up for some ice cream?” came his greeting.

“Like right now?”

He hummed. “Right now. I’m standing in the hallway by the side of my door and in front of yours, actually.”

“What’s up? Why so sudden?” I asked and I could imagine him bobbing his shoulders.

“I just wanted to see you.” He confessed, not going around and about.

I blushed and I was thankful he couldn’t see me. “Okay. Your treat.” I said.

“Of course.” He chuckled. “Can’t let my princess pay.”

“Do I need to dress up? I’m in my shorts and hoodie.” I wondered.

Then, I heard a change in his tone, I could almost see the furrow in his brows when he asked, “How short is your shorts?”

“Uh…” I looked down at the length of it and it was enough to cover all of my and slightly under it but it’s leaving my thighs bare.

But before I was able to give my answer, I heard him say in a low voice, “Nevermind. We’ll just eat inside the car. I don’t want anyone to see your legs and I want to see you now.”

“Impatient much, Mr Oh.” I remarked, getting off the bed. I walked towards my drawer to fish out a pair of black liner socks. “I’ll see you in 30 seconds.” I told him before ending the call. I slipped my phone inside my hoodie pocket before wearing my socks and sneakers in.

I quickly untied my hair to put it up in better bun before putting on my strawberry lip balm. I smacked my lips together, satisfied with my no makeup look. I opened the door and found Joonmyeon just finishing off with cleaning the dishes.

“Going somewhere?”

I nodded. “Ice cream. With Sehun.”

He raised an eyebrow but bobbed his head, permitting me easily, unlike before when he was usually sceptical and reluctant. I felt like he was slowly starting to warm up whenever when it comes to Sehun. Like he was gradually accepting more of the fact that my ex-boyfriend is around and honestly, I wouldn’t ask for anything other. Probably, if I had any wish, that was to have both Sehun and my cousin get along well together.

“Would you like me to bring you home some?” I offered.

He shook his head but uttered the next second after, changing his mind, “Actually, yeah.”

“What flavour would you like?”

“Butterscotch Ripple.”

I smiled and gave him an okay sign before I turned towards the door. When I got out, I saw Sehun waiting eagerly. I saw his shoulders relax and his lips curve into a smile when his eyes landed on me. Then, before I was a step closer to him, he took of his jacket and wrapped it around my bare legs. I looked around wondering if there was anyone around but upon seeing none, I scowled at him.

“There’s even no one around.” I muttered and my shorts wasn’t even that short. It was short for a short but not to the point one could see my buttcheek. It was long for that extent.

“They’re only for me to see.” He said. “And besides, we might bump into someone while we’re at the lift. I don’t want them gawking at you or your legs or any part of you.”

“I told you I could change.”

“Yes, but that would take longer for me to see you.” He added, “We’re going to stay in the car anyway. I’ll buy for us.”

I beamed at that. “Ooh, ice cream date in the car, I like it.”

He chuckled. “Come on.” He said, bobbing his head as he held his hand out for me to hold.

When we got on the lift, six floors away from the basement garage, a man I assume in his late 20s got on the box and looked at me from head to toe. I would not have noticed if not for Sehun holding my wrist and pulled me behind his back protectively.

“This is why…” He muttered when we got off the lift, walking towards his car. The man earlier left at the ground floor. “I told you.”

“Well, at least no one is here now. Come,” I tugged his hand. “I’m excited for ice cream!”

Sehun and I stopped over at the biggest ice cream parlor. He asked me to stay inside the car while he would quickly buy two tubs of ice cream for both of us. I laid back, making myself comfortable and casual. I didn’t feel conscious at all because of how heavily tinted his car winders were and the seats in his car were really comfortable. I already had my hoodie on my head as I adjusted the temperature of the car and changed the music before going onto my phone again.

My gaze tore away from the glowing screen when I heard the door opening on the side of the driver seat. I smiled upon meeting Sehun’s eyes as he held two round tubs of ice creams, flavoured: cookies n’ cream and rocky road.

I chucked my phone in the compartment, and took the ice cream in my head to give a chance for Sehun to settle in. Then, he started the car to drive off at a quiet street where there weren’t many cars and people around. We stopped by the roadside in front of the park. When I thought everything was done and we were ready to eat our desserts, he reached at the back and pulled out his iPad, setting it up and then gave me a fleece blanket. I laid that out over my legs while he stopped the music on the stereo and put on a movie on the device.

I gaped at him when I saw the movie title. “The Best of Me?”

The corner of his lips tugged up, “I thought it’d be nice to watch another movie other than The Notebook of the same author.” He said.

“And you plan to make me cry?” I teased.

“I can dry them for you.” He said, like he got it all planned out and this was all part of his plan. I knew it. He knows how shallow my tears could be.

I laughed lightly, shaking my head.

“I know how you’re a big fan of Nicholas Sparks.” He added as a reason.

“I’m not a big fan of Nicholas Sparks.” I denied, muttering. “I just happened to love The Notebook.

“Yeah, sure.” He said. He then propped his elbow for support and pointed from one ice cream to another. “So, which one would you like?”

I hummed, looking at the two flavours of ice cream. I pouted at him, unable to decide. “But I like both of them. What do you like?”

He chuckled and proposed instead of answering, “How about you give me the other one and we can share? I don’t mind which flavour you hand me.”

I grinned, totally happy with that and gave him the cookies n’ cream flavoured one.

Sehun played the movie as we removed the lids of our ice cream tubs. We leaned back, close to each other. I was so focused on the movie and eating my ice cream and Sehun’s that I didn’t even notice if really was watching the movie with me but for one, he didn’t move a lot. My eyes were glued to the screen and the only time I knew he was keeping up with the movie with me when I was making comments and he was too.

That. That was a surprise. Sehun always found movies that were too romantic difficult. He always preferred action movies because he said more often that there were romance in those kind of movies too. Which was true that’s why it was really a surprise to me to see that he was really paying attention to these type of movie.

When the film reached its part, I was already tearing up that Sehun had to offer his shoulder on me. I sniffed quietly, still eating my ice cream.

“You still cry so easily with sad scenes on movie.” He mutters softly, wiping my tears with his thumbs. “You cry with happy endings too.” He adds, basically he was indicating how shallow my tears were because when do I ever not cry?

I pouted angrily at him and he only chuckled. “That’s because you have a cold heart.”

“I don’t.” He disagreed.

“Yeah, you do.”

“No, I don’t. You know I don’t, with you.”

I pouted even more, now with soft crease between my eyebrows as I furrowed them.

“Ah, what do I do with you? Whenever you do things like this, I want to kiss you.”

He said, making me freeze, widening my eyes. I pressed my lips together. “No… you won’t.”

“Don’t tempt me, sweetheart.” He warned. “I have a very soft and weak heart when it comes to you.”

This time, I wasn’t able to take it anymore so I looked away, hiding my heated cheeks.

Then, to make things worse for me, he called my name— so softly and deep at the same time, it could burst my heart. I had no choice but to look at him halfway. “The ice cream is melting and,” he pointed towards the device. “the movie is still going.”

“I hate you, Oh Sehun.” I said, not meaning it at all. I love him as much as I hate him, really.

“You don’t mean that.” He said.

I broke to a cheeky smile and focused my attention back to the movie. I swear, Oh Sehun could forever make my heart and stomach do flips and rounds even after so many years.

 

The movie finally finished, with the male next to me handing me a handy packet of tissue. I used it with no hesitation and dried my wet cheeks. We didn’t finish all the ice cream, given they were big tubs but that’s okay. None of it is going to waste anyway.

Sehun and I stayed for a bit until my tears have stopped. He only began driving off again when I told him I was okay and I swear he found what I was doing amusing again. I flipped the front sun visor and looked and looked at myself in the small mirror. I groaned when I saw how red my nose was— all because of a movie.

Now that he was driving down the road, I leaned back and crossed my legs over the seat. Then, we were close by the building of our apartment when I glanced at him as I said, “Ah, by the way, Mum called earlier and she’s sending her regards to you.” I smiled softly at him. “And as always, Aeron misses you too.”

We entered the garage and he parked his car at his bay. He looked at the time. “Do you think he’s still up?”

I hummed, unsure. “I can message Mum and ask.”

“Yeah,” He nodded. “If he’s up, let’s do a video call.”

“If he’s not?”

“We can always do it tomorrow.” He answered easily.

I chuckled, “Okay.” Then I was already sending a message to Mum. In less than a minute, she replied saying that he was still at the shower refreshing up. When she asked me why, I told her the truth that Sehun was with me and he wanted to do a video call with my little brother.

Mum was obviously delighted with the idea when she said that Aeron would be in bliss to hear that. I laughed and Sehun knew what that exactly meant. The next second, Mum was already calling me for the video call, and when I answered, I heard her voice, loud, telling Aeron that his favourite brother was there to talk to him.

Sehun chuckled and he took of his seatbelt and I did the same. We got off the car and Sehun got all our stuff as I held my phone up. We were walking towards the lift when I nudged him, wordlessly telling him that Mum was finished yelling and was on focus. He turned his head and bowed his head politely.

“Hi Auntie.” He greeted and I swear, I saw my Mum’s eyes lit up.

“Oh my gosh.” She squealed. “Sehun, my son! You look even more handsome. How are you?”

“I’m better than ever.” I saw his eyes look at me on the screen. “It’s thanks to your daughter.”

My Mum chuckled and she opened to say something when Aeron popped up next to her. “Where’s Sehun?”

Now that my brother was there. I gave took some of the stuff Sehun was carrying so he would have a free hand to hold my phone and properly talk to Aeron.

I left the two to talk alone until we got onto our floor. I bobbed my head towards his door before I turned. I was about to enter my flat when Sehun pulled my hand. I looked at him and he moved his head side to side, not liking the idea of me entering a different flat than him.

“I’ll just give Joonmyeon his ice cream.” I told him. “I’ll meet you in your flat.”

He still shook his head.

“You want to go with me instead?” I asked and he nodded. “Okay, then. Come!”

My brother and Sehun continued to talk as he went to my room, showing him the way. It was no brainer as my room and my cousin’s were in opposite directions. I went to the kitchen and out all the tubs of ice cream inside the freezer. Then, I walked towards Joonmyeon’s room and let him know that his requested frozen dessert was on the freezer, ready to be consumed.

I found him, already on his bed but with his laptop, typing something. When I told him what I had to, he nodded his head. I also added that Sehun was with me and he shrugged, surprisingly very cool with it.

I walked back to my own bedroom and they were still talking. I smiled and shook my head, heading to the vanity so I could brush my teeth before going to bed. I crawled up the mattress and joined the frame, greeting my brother. Sehun slid his arm around to my side and tucked me safely.

“Did you forget about me now?” I asked.

“No!” Aeron quickly answered. “I just miss Sehun! When will he be back?” He returned a question like the male wasn’t there at all.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged my shoulders. “Maybe you could ask him.”

It’s then when Sehun spoke, “I could come back with your sister the next she comes and visits. If that’s okay with her.” He looked at me, “Are you okay with it?”

I smiled, answer came so easily, “Of course.”

The video call went for another fifteen minutes before Mum told Aeron that it was time for him to sleep. As Sehun placed my phone on the bedside table, I asked curiously, “Are you going to sleepover here?”

“Can I?” He returned, eyes eager for an answer.

I smirked and put my gaze down, already fixing the space he’s going to sleep on in my bed. “I won’t stop you.”

Sehun grinned happily and tucks himself under the blanket like a little junior boy obtaining his parent’s promise to have fun when he wakes up the next morning. I giggled looking at him.

“There’s something I find cute.”

“What is it?” I asked not thinking so much of it.

“I find it cute that you still have her after we broke up.” He said, softly holding Jiji’s hand. That was the only time I looked down on my bear and became conscious of the memory it has of me and of us.

“I can’t throw Jiji away.” I told him. “You know she’s my favourite bear.”

“That, I know.”

He was wearing a playful smile which made me narrow my eyes at him. I turned and hugged Jiji tighter as I lay down with my back facing him.

“You’re so cute.” He called. “But then—” He abruptly stopped and I yelped when he moved closer I could feel his lips on my temple. I covered my tinted cheeks from him to see with my bear. “It’s unfair.”

I moved my head and I met his eyes. “Why?”

“How can you be so cute and so damn y at the same time?” He asked with his low voice that sent chills down my system. I didn't respond and just pressed my lips together. Trying move my face farther but it was impossible when my head has already sunk onto my pillow. I was cornered. I had no way out but push him away.

Another long second tick when he quickly leaned forward and pressed his lips on my forehead. I shut my eyes and when I opened them, our noses were touching as he whispered breathily, “Good night, princess.”

I pushed him lightly because he was too close. “Good night, Mr Oh.”

Man just made a low chuckle and laid back on the bed. That night I slept, but with very much difficulty.

The next morning, I woke up before Sehun and showered up to prepare breakfast. I found Joonmyeon by the stove, drinking a cup of coffee. He gave me a smile and asked if Sehun was still asleep in which I nodded my head to.

I opened the fridge and got myself a cup of water. I peeked at what he was cooking on the pot and saw porridge. I looked at him, wondering who it was for.

“She’s sick and I’m making this for her.” He explained, already reading what my gaze was wearing.

I tilted my head, melting at that and also in awe. “Are you guys together?”

“Close.” He answered and I frowned at that on instinct. I didn’t expect that answer.

“What?”

“We will be.” He said.

“Wow.” I uttered in sarcasm. “You two are more complicated than Sehun and I are.”

He just bobbed his shoulders, smirking as he drank his coffee again. As he swallowed, he asked, “Are you going to make breakfast?”

I nodded. “I’m thinking what to make for him.”

“Typical American breakfast. Eggs, bacon, toast, sausage.” He turned off the stove. “It’s easy.”

Not keen on thinking more, I just settled with that. Joonmyeon told me he’s going to take a shower and leave to visit his girl. I prepared the typical american breakfast and packed the porridge into a sealed container, ready for my cousin to take with him once he finished preparing.

Half an hour later, he came out with a casual and comfortable attire. He was surprised to see that the food he cooked was already packed. I curbed my lips and told him that I wish for the lady to get well soon.

Finished frying the eggs, and bacon, I went to make some toast and the sausage were in the pan when I felt a pair of arms on my shoulders, a nose inhaling my scent. I would’ve been scared if I didn’t know it was Sehun.

“You’re up!” I said softly and turned. I glanced at the clock and commented, “Quite early at that too.”

“You were gone from the bed.” He slurred sleepily, laying his head on my shoulder.

“I’m still cooking sausages and the toast—” The bread popped up from the toaster. “They’re ready. I’ll get it while you, you take a seat.” He looked at me for a good few second before let me go reluctantly. “Would you like anything to drink?”

“You know what I want.” He said, leaving it all completely up to me.

“Okay.” I replied softly and snapped my head back to the sausages I was frying and toasts I was preparing.

Then he must’ve noticed that my cousin wasn’t around when he asked me if he was still sleeping. I shook my head and told him that he went to visit his friend who was sick. With that, he bobbed his head again, and walked to the table.

When everything was ready, I put them all on the table ready for us to eat.

I tied my hair up more properly this time before taking the seat across Sehun. We ate our breakfast heartily, talking about random things. It was one of the most casual and relax breakfast we’ve, well, I had in awhile.

Sehun was looking at the set of polaroid photos I stuck on the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, leaning back in a relaxed stance.

Since I was facing his side, I saw him move his arm and dipped his chin on his purlicue, rubbing his forefinger gently over his jaw. Then, he turned to me and I saw how his eyebrows were furrowed. I realised he was scrutinising the photos I had on the wall. And by that expression, I knew there was something he couldn't make out of it.

“What?”

He moved his upper body to face me, his one knee bent, and pointed towards the photos. “Why am I not here?”

I broke into a laugh. I just knew it was that he was thinking about. But my laughter didn’t amuse him so I pursed my lips, trying to bite back my grin. “Se,” I called. “We broke up remember?”

“And?”

I rolled my eyes, still holding back my grin and exhaled, explaining to him.“It was only right for me to throw away and delete everything that reminds me of you, including the things you gave to me. And photos, too. Every girls that go through break up does it.” I added. “It’s almost an expectation.”

“Okay,” He scratched his head and gestures towards my bear that was sitting on the middle of the bed between my pillow. “But why do you still have Jiji?”

“Jiji’s different.” I reasoned. “She was there when I was crying at night. She was there when you weren’t.” Then, I muttered, now pouting at him but far from being angry. “You even promised me that you won’t ever leave but then you did.”

Now, it was Sehun smirking. He walked over me and sat in front of me. “I never left you.”

“Of course you didn’t.” I continued to mutter. “You weren’t even there for my graduation.”

Not that I expected he’d be there but I was just upset and somewhat felt it was a shame because we promised to each other back then that we will be there in every step of the way. And to me, the promise we made to each other weighed more than our break up. I wasn’t sure if it was the same for Sehun so I didn’t keep my hopes up although there was still a part of me hoping. So naturally, I was rather disappointed when I didn’t see Sehun at my graduation despite us splitting ways. But at the same time, it wasn’t really a surprise. I didn't take it against Sehun. I just wished circumstances were different.

“What if I tell you I was there?”

“But you weren’t.”

“But what if I was?”

I frowned at him. I let out in disbelief, “No way…”

To my utmost surprise, Sehun revealed, “I was there. I saw Aeron cheering proudly. He was laughing a lot, looking at you with so much pride. I saw Auntie too who was in tears.” And as though those weren’t enough, he continued, “I saw you climb up the stage.” Then he muttered with jealousy as he recalled, “And how that guy couldn’t keep his eyes away from you.” That made me frown in confusion because I had no idea of what he was talking about. “I wanted to stride in and just snatch you away but then, you weren't aware and didn't notice. Hence, not cared since your eyes never left the sight of.your family.”

“Why—” I choked and swallowed the ball inside my throat. “Where were you? Why didn’t you show yourself?”

His gaze were pinned on me as he said, “After what I did, I didn’t have the guts to come forth and just show myself like nothing happened.”

“Yeah, but—”

“But I didn’t want to miss your graduation for the world.”

I looked at him, slightly hurt. “What else do I not know?”

Sehun took a deep breath and began his confession time. “After a little over a month after we broke up, I’ve been driving in and out every week to see how you were doing and just because I was missing you. Terribly.”

I gulped.

“I’d sometimes stay meters away from your home, just at a distance enough where I could still see you. You don’t know how relieved I felt when I saw how you were doing so well. That what I did didn’t ruin you. But like I promised,” He paused and covered my hands with his and clenched it. “I would be there every step of the way. I was there at the venue during your exam days and wished you silent good lucks as you walked in. I didn’t leave until you were finished.” He added, “I was there at your birthday too. I just didn’t show myself. I was always there, my sweetheart.”

At that point, Jongin’s word came back to me, “Is that why Jongin said you were a stupid guy?”

His eyebrow furrowed, “He said that?”

I nodded. “He said that if I didn’t happen to move in with my cousin and live across your place, you wouldn’t dare to make a move and get back to me. I didn’t know what that meant but now…” The pieces of the puzzle were slowly coming together for me.

“The boys were aware of what I was doing. They think it was silly of me to do that— to leave and then come back stealthily to see you. It came to a point where they told me that if I won’t be ready to come back to you at all, I better leave you be or just come back and make things right between us.”

“What did you do?”

“I didn’t visit you since then. I needed time to muster up all the courage I could get inside me before I go back to you— to get ready just in case you reject me and don’t want me in your life anymore.”

“Sehun…”

“Remember that day when we saw each other for the first time since we broke up?”

I nodded.

“I came from Chanyeol’s house. Jongdae, Minseok and Baekhyun were there too. I seeked some advice because I wanted to see you already. It was driving me crazy. So that night, I finally decided to just come to you and deal with whatever that’s going to happen. But then, fate had different plans for us.”

My pursed lips managed to give out a tight smile, knowing what that last sentence meant.

“They brought you to me instead.” He stated. “And I took all that as a sign. To work my way back to your heart and make you mine again.”

My heart swelled up as I tried to comprehend everything. A moment of silence took over us, Sehun giving me time to think. It was worldless until I asked, “Then, why did you ask how I was when you left me?”

“I could see you and I saw that you were looking okay but I wanted to know how you were really feeling. Because what I saw could’ve been different when you’re all alone in your room. I know you.”

“And you told me… how appearances could be so deceptive.”

He nodded. “That’s right.”

I huffed, feeling my tears threatening to stream down my face. And having Sehun not wanting to make me cry, he brought the topic back.

“So, did you really throw away the things I gave you?”

I smiled cheekily and shrugged my shoulders so he called my name in an exasperated manner.

I laughed. “I don’t know. I gave the decision up to Mum so I guess we’ll find out when we go back there.”

“We?”

“Didn’t you say you wanted to come and visit?” I asked and decided to tease, “To talk and not just see? Unless you changed your mind?”

“No, of course not.” He said straightaway. “Aeron and I have a lot to catch up on. I need to go and personally apologise to Auntie too for breaking her daughter’s heart and to Uncle too, for causing pain to his princess’s heart and to keep my promise this time.”

Reminded of my passed Dad, I asked him, “That one time when we visited him, we saw a small brown basket of fresh white flowers, were they from you?”

Sehun recalled the time. He nodded. “It was.” He explained. “I apologised to him for being unable to keep my promise for a while.”

“Oh my god, Sehun.” I gasped and threw my arms around his neck. He made a soft grunt from the back of his throat, surprised at the impact but took me into his embrace.

“I love you, my only one. Please don’t ever forget that.”

"I love you, too." I confessed in a whisper.


Author's note:
 
asdfghjkl;